32 Rue Saint Louis
Quebec, QC G1R3Y9Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4186924191
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Conti Caffe
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Conti Caffe - Best Restaurants in Quebec City ›
Conti Caffe reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)romantic (9)fit for foodies (8)notable wine list (8)neighborhood gem (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- All around excellentmccannbagDined on 8/31/2014We found Conti Caffe online (listed as 4 stars on the tripadvisor website), and were pleasantly surprised that it was so close to our hotel in Quebec City. We got a same day reservation at 8:30 and even though we arrived at 8:15, we were graciously seated at a nice table. The interiors are very nicely decorated and the staff were all quite attractive, polite and friendly. We ordered the table d'hôte selection which was well presented, had adequate portions and delicious. Total bill including one glass of wine and tip was CA$86.33. I would definitely recommend this establishment to anyone in search of a pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealHudsonValleyFoodieVIPDined on 8/27/2014Probably the best veal dish I've ever had. We both enjoyed the lobster appetizer and another seafood appetizer - really incredible. We ate in the bar area, which was quiet and romantic. The dining room seemed more family oriented. The wait staff were also amazing - really nice and very knowledgeable about their food.Special Features:
- Soirée décevanteGreatDined on 8/23/2014Nous adorons le Conti. Nous y avons mangé plusieurs fois. Nous sommes toujours satisfaits de ce que l'on y mange. Par contre, samedi soir dernier a été très spécial. Le niveau de bruit était très élevé. À une table précise, le serveur entre autre a accepté un verre de vin qu'il a bu avec les clients, puis un "shooter" un peu plus tard. Nous sommes dans les restaurants au moins une fois par semaine et c'est la première fois que je vois cela, j'en suis resté surpris. Autre point important, nous étions 4 à une table ronde mais très coincés. Devinez le reste, on s'est fait accroché par tout ce qui est passé autour de nous....ce qui est devenu très désagréable à la longue. Notre service fut quand même OK. Nous ne sommes pas prêts d'y retourner.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphereRoadieDined on 8/20/2014Our party of six were seated at the window which afforded us a great view of the street. The food was excellent as well as the wine which was a bit pricy. Service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To rememberEpicuriousDined on 8/7/2014Just perfect! We had different meals and everyone appreciated as highly. Food is refine, ambience lively with the right decor. A pearl of Quebec! Oh! even only for the dessert is was worth the trip; chocolate mousse heaven.Special Features:
- Always ExcellentCMLaDined on 8/4/2014We've eaten at Conti's fourteen times over the past twelve years, it remains our favorite. Vibrant, with an excellent selection of entrees and attentive service.Special Features:
- Maybe a bad night for chef?eatdrinkBhappyDined on 7/23/2014On previous visits to Quebec, Conti Cafe had been our favourite restaurant. Did not live up to expectations this time, mostly due to disappointing food. Proscuitto/shrimp appetizer was overcooked and hence tough. Escargot appetizer (obtained from sister restaurant next door) was enjoyed. Shrimp/scallop main was just OK, but lacking any special tastes or qualities. Others at the table liked their mains somewhat more (shrimp linguine and veal tenderloin) , but there was still no expressions of "Wow, this is REALLY good!" Conti Cafe, for us, has dropped from a "must go to restaurant" to a "might give them another try". (a couple at another table across from us actually did complain to the restaurant about their meal quality)
- Quality Food--Not a Tourist Trap!mcmsfVIPDined on 7/21/2014Our dinner at the Conti was very pleasurable. The drinks, wine, and the food were all very, very good. The restaurant is very handsome and our fellow diners were clearly enjoying themselves. There was a long interval between our salads and the main course; we learned that the kitchen also serves the Continental Restaurant next door (owned by same owner), but we seemed to be the only table which had this experience. I will go again when in Quebec City. Despite having a clientele mainly of tourists, the staff works very hard to please and the food is at a level to bring you back for more.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencetheatrepatronVIPDined on 7/2/2014We had a wonderful experience - great food, service, and atmosphere
- Food overratedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Service excellent appetizers very good. Main course just ok
- Wonderful evening!JMWMaineDined on 6/8/2014A very pleasant dining experience! Excellent service. The best calamari I ever had - light and delicious with a wonderful dipping sauce. My husband had the filet mignon, which was perfectly cooked. I had veal Parmesan with a cheesy angel hair side. Wonderful flavors. Extensive wine list. It was a busy night, but not noisy or distracting. A very well run dining room with incredibly competent and friendly staff. A great restaurant and one we would return to. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the Conti Caffe reviews archive.
- Patience requise.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014La patience est requise. Nous avons eu l'impression que le serveur nous a oublié ou a décidé de nous ignorer car nous n'avons pas pris une bouteille de vin.Special Features:
- Good lunch in a great placeReneDined on 1/15/2014Do try the osso bucco ! The veal scallopine is also excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Must Go!dmdineVIPDined on 12/29/2013We drove from NYC to old Quebic City for the New Year and it was so lovely. This restaurant was by FAR the BEST and I'm so happy to have read the previous reviews. Loved the design of the restaurant, great service, delicious food and will definitely go back when we return to QC. A great place for a romantic dinner and I loved the artwork and service. It certainly rates up there in regard to some of the really nice places we have here in NY. As a matter of fact, It would be great if they could open one in NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works for everyoneChefjoyceDined on 12/24/2013Even my grand kids found food that they loved. Wonderful service, ambiance, and presentation . We ate here twice in four days. Make it a point to eat here. This chef knows how to cook!Special Features:
- Not as good as expectedBobODined on 10/19/2013A special occasion so I ordered flowers to be delivered to the restaurant. Our reserved table ended up being a small 2 seat table-had to put flowers down to use table- with my seat in the isle with a two foot space for servers to walk thru. When I complained was told' never been a problem in the past". So much for a special occasion. One last point, it is bad when a decent restaurant uses paper napkins- makes me think things are not going good and they have yo save money.Special Features:
- Lovely Dinner in Quebec CityChelseaAlexandriaDined on 10/11/2013It was recommended that we go to the Conti while on our stay in Quebec City. The food was VERY GOOD. The ambience was WONDERFUL...very eclectic!!! Service was good, however, waiter, much younger than us, didn't seem very interested in anything we had to say...a little condescending...but we didn't let it spoil our evening. Pricy $$$.Special Features:
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2013What a great find in Quebec! Our first decent dinner in Quebec! The filet mignon and lamb chops were tender, nicely presented with mashed potatoes and vegetables. We ate here three times after being very disappointed with other restaurants. Very reasonably priced compared to other similar restaurants.Special Features:
- While the cost of the entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2013While the cost of the entrees was reasonable, the price of a bottle of wine was outrageous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experience close to FrontenacOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/20/2013My husband, 20 year old son and I dined here on August 20. We found the food delicious (we had veal, steak and fish), the server was helpful and the ambiance good. Our calamari and lobster bisque were great as well. The location, only a block from our hotel (Frontenac), was a definite plus after walking all day for several days during our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant but one problemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2013Had a delicious meal of prosciutto and melon, veal medallions with porcini, and maple sugar cake. Waitress could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Only problem was with the Open Table reservation. I made the reservation earlier in the day I was dining. When I got there, the greeter told me he didn't have my reservation and that he didn't have a computer handy - he offered me a seat at the bar. I pointed out that I had made my reservation early in the afternoon, and that I would have to complain to OpenTable about its not being honored. He somehow managed to find me a nice table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dinnerArthurJacobVIPDined on 8/5/2013We were also given a lovely table by an open window and the weather was glorious that evening. Our dinner could easily have been marred by a misunderstanding b/t one of us and our waitress, Adele, but she handled the mistaken order with aplomb and the dish was graciously replaced. Very nice atmosphere, albeit, be warned, expensive wine list. One of our best meals in QC. We would def. return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre italian; great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/29/2013for better italian, try ciccio, kind of a pain to get to (i think they have valet?) but much better food and priced slightly better than conti
- Great Service and Reasonably PricedLandpirateVIPDined on 7/28/2013The service at this restaurant is outstanding. We had a reservation, but arrived early and had a few drinks at he bar. Bartender was friendly and continually checked in with us. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgable about tg food and they chatted with us while serving our food. We had mushroom risotto, duck risotto, chicken with fettucini and spaghetti carbonara. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the portions were average size, but just right for our party. For desert we had creme broule which was prepared perfectly. Overall, a great meal at a fair price in a very busy restaurant near the Fairmont Hotel. We highly recommend this restaurant when visiting Quebec City.Special Features:
- Repeat customerMoniqueTLDined on 7/27/2013This is our 4th time eating here and would definitively come back!Special Features:
- Great ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2013I dine regularly in North Beach in San Francisco. This restaurant would do very well in that highly competitive market. Wonderful Veal. I would be a regular except for the detail that I live 3000 miles away.Special Features:
- Great option in upper townMspltDined on 7/19/2013We booked a table in advance of our trip to Quebec City. It was nice to know we had plan for dinner that first night and grateful for the ease of Open Table. After looking at various restaurants we settled on Conti, which looked to have nice atmosphere and menu in good location on Rue St-Louis. It was a great meal for our party of six. The ambiance is very nice with windows that open looking onto the street in Old Quebec. All six meals were wonderful, not super expensive as can be the case in a resort location and the service was attentive. All around it was a great pick!Special Features:
- Love this placeLynnVIPDined on 7/14/2013Perfectly sized portions well-served by good-looking waiters. The pasta with seafood was excellent and didn't make me feel bad about the calories. We enjoyed this place on our last trip to the city and will go back the next time. My only negative comment is the low lighting. Although the atmosphere benefits, it makes it difficult to read the menu's small font.Special Features:
- Great food!myopinionDined on 7/6/2013I went with my wife during a weekend spent at Quebec City. I read good reviews about this restaurant and I am happy we tried it. The food is just amazing, service is great. The only negative aspect is that tables are pretty close to each others, but it is to expect for a restaurant in the Old City. At this price per square foot, I would pack the place as well. I would recommend this restaurant anytime.Special Features:
- Not terrible, but not great.PrincessrowenaDined on 7/5/2013Conti was fine for a lunch. Certainly there are more crowded places in Quebec City, and costlier, on the main drags as is Conti. We found our lunch to be dine. It seemed a bit overpriced for 2 appetizers each and no alcohol. The service was a biit spotty. I contrast it with Le Cochin Dingue, a very hot spot for lunch, where the adder ice is fast and Ccurate Nd where they willow as you about app the food you are ordering
- Nice ExperienceArtbackDined on 6/15/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner experience at Conti Cafe. It was not pretentious. Attractive, contemporary atmosphere with a lot of attention to detail. The food was very good as was the service. My only quip was that butter was used heavily in place of olive oil. I greatly prefer a good olive oil to butter any day....particularly in pasta dishes. Pricing was reasonable. Overall, we'll recommend this restaurant and will make it a repeat experience when we're back in QC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CriticismPaloBogDined on 6/8/2013Unfortunately they have a table for two that is in the middle of all the service traffic and on one side of the table a huge column. I think that table should be converted to a hallway and not used to seat guests. That was disappointing, and they had no alternative seating as it was a saturday evening. A specific request to not get that table is recommended. Otherwise great place.Special Features:
- Good spot for lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/3/2013We were starved and popped in. Saw white tablecloths and thought "uh oh...$$" but very reasonable priced and delicious lunch menu. All good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best meal we had in QC!CAPTVIPDined on 5/1/2013We were told that this this restaurant, adjacent to "Le Continental", was in fact operated by them and even used the same kitchen. "Conti" was more informal and less pricy than its higher priced neighbor. We had great meals here. My veal medallions dish was wonderful. My spouce's salmon dish was delicious. My desert which was part of the complete meal was a cappuchino cake--also wonderful. I would not hesitate to recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Quebec City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your tourist place !SteveDined on 4/27/2013Definitely a place to eat for the discriminating food lover. Great attention to detail. Each Element on the plate is unique in taste. You can see the Chef is passionate about his work. From appetizer to main course, a real joy. In this resto, you get what you pay for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exçellent resto a quebecOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/23/2013Nous adorons ce resto nous avons très bien manger. Un resto que nous allons visiter a chaque fois que l on sera a quebec. Le service etAit excellentSpecial Features:
- A real neighborhood JimSteveDined on 2/24/2013From appetizers to dessert, the quality of the food was wonderful. Great creativity and attention to tastes and details at an not too exorbitant price. ambiance was very pleasant, for a romantic dinner.. service was very good. Each and every server and .other staff members were friendly, professional, and above all looked like they enjoyed our company. The last time we came here was on a busy night. We noticed a lot of regulars. I think we'll be one of them.Special Features:
- Great find in Old town QuebecSnowJadeDined on 2/17/2013We ate 5 different animals. Each one of them more delicious than the previous... The staff was attentive. The only criticism is that for an elegant restaurant, I wish that they used linens (there was an ugly paper sheet on top of the tablecloth and the napkins were medium grade).Special Features:
- Rien a comprendreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Je suis allé au Conti des dizaines de fois sauf la dernière année. Je vis maintenant à Miami, de passage à QC. Dès l'arrivée il a été impossible d'avoir la table (pr 2), pas prête. Impossible d'avoir une place au bar en attendant. Nous sommes donc allé prendre l'apéro au resto voisin... Au retour, après discussions nous avons finalement eu LA table. J'ai commandé une CONTRE FILET accompagné de tomate provençale. Reçu STEAK DE BAVETTE, trop cuit et une tomate crue. Après en avoir informé la serveuse qui ne semblait pas savoir quoi faire, le responsable s'est présenté et a simplement repris mon assiette, desservi la table sans dire un mot, nous laissant terminer le vin en apportant la facture ! Rien a comprendre sauf ne jamais y retSpecial Features:
- A place to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013We are regular customers and as usual the food was great. Excellent service with very friendly personel. The only point for improvement would be the huge wine list with almost 80-85% of the wines over $100. More choices between $60-85 would be appreciatedSpecial Features: