Conroy's at Hilton Head Marriott Resort
One Hotel Circle
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Conroy's at Hilton Head Marriott Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hiltonheadmarriott.com/conroys.html
- Phone: 8436868499
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Sunday: Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Robert Mitchell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Conroy's offers a semi-private dining area. In addition, they offer specialty menus.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Miller 8432471616
A word from Conroy's at Hilton Head Marriott Resort
At Conroy's, we strive to offer the best of tastes and textures so revered in the low country, each of our dishes is prepared with creativity and flair by Chef Robert Mitchell. As there is new interest and discovery in re-reading one of Mr. Conroy's books, we expect dining at Conroy's to be an experience savored again and again.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Conroy's at Hilton Head Marriott Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (1)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Hotel FoodAplusReviewVIPDined on 7/10/2014Conroy's is one of the worst hotel restaraunts my family and I have ever experienced. The menu was not fresh and local - very processed and pre-cooked. The design of the restaraunt is to showcase the kitchen - which definitely should not describe itself as "gourmet". There was no entertainment - especially with the consistent barking of one chef yelling orders and no real cooking happening. I am a gluten free foodie - and usually chef's are very willing to accommodate my allergy; however, Conroy's provided very few options and couldn't provide a GF vodka for a cocktail. Our waiter's lack of enthusiasm, knowledge and overall poor service (he almost dropped my daughter's dinner on her) put the icing on the cake. Not going back!
- Good with more potentialRudyVIPDined on 6/26/2014Upscale menu in any location. I tried the shebisque, scallops, and chilean sea bass. The bisque was particularly good. Creamy and tsaty. The scallops were prepared properly and presented nicely. The sea bass was tender and moist. No complaints about the food. Area of improvement is with the service. The waiter did not have any clue about wine and could not offer any suggestions. It is worth trying when in town, but would not be my regular "go-to" places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great hotel restaurantAubbieVIPDined on 6/26/2014We stayed at the Marriott Resort and Spa where this restaurant is located. We arrived near dinner time and decided to stay in and eat here. Our server was from Turkey and he could not do enough to please us. For a hotel restaurant, the food was great and we had a very pleasant night. I would not hesitate to dine here again if we were staying in the hotel. Great selection on the menu and everyone wanted to please.Special Features:
- The following 65 reviews are from the Conroy's at Hilton Head Marriott Resort reviews archive.
- DisappointingNotCookingTonightDined on 6/15/2014We were fooled by other reviewers high marks, this is just a typical hotel lobby restaurant. Fine if you are staying there and don't want to go out, but not worth a special trip. Crab stuffing was all breading, no crab. Food was too salty. Shrimp and pasta dish was heavy on pasta, light on shrimp. Not worth the drive.
- Simply the best in the island.SueHHIDined on 5/23/2014Conroy's is the best restaurant on Hilton Head Island!!! The food was simply superb and the portions were quite large. We chose the crab cakes and pork entrees and both were amazingly good and enough to take home. The wait staff is excellent and very friendly. Also, the bill was less than we thought it would be. The only downside is the restaurant space itself. The restaurant is in the Marriott overlooking the ocean, but an outdoor restaurant or bar blocked our view. Still the best restaurant on the island and definitely worth a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulLoulouDined on 2/14/2014We live on HHI and we have frequented here many times. The service, food and ambiance is always fabulous!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot to enjoy dinnerBobTDined on 2/2/2014As usual our dinner was great. We come here every year when we visit Hilton Head. Service was top shelf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet expectationsSteveVIPDined on 1/29/2014Cold atmosphere. Bland fillet. Good she crab bisque. Tired desserts.Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceLoulouDined on 1/9/2014I took my fiancé here for a birthday dinner. We have lived here almost a year and have eaten at many restaurants on the island. This, by far, was the most delicious meal we have had. My fiancé had the She Crab Bisque which had large bites of crab and just the right amount of sherry. He then had the Chilean Sea Bass which was cooked to perfection. I had the fillet which was cooked perfectly to my liking and just the right amount. Along with the steak was roasted potatoes and roasted Brussels Sprouts in a butter sauce with bacon. The grand finale was the key Lime Log which was out of this world!!!!! The server was so nice and attentive. I cannot say enough nice things about Conroy's. A must for anyone who lives here or is visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too ColdDonaldDined on 1/8/2014Our dinner was great but there was no heat in the restaurant and we not told this until after we were seated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We stopped on Christmas Day,PowerskirtDined on 12/25/2013We stopped on Christmas Day, when few restaurants in the area were open. The restaurant had a special set menu for the holiday, which we picked from, including pork loin and a sirloin. We were pleased with the ambiance, service and presentation. The food itself was pricey for what we received. The view of the Atlantic is tiny, which was also a disappointment. Overall, a nice hotel restaurant, but there are better, and more affordable, options in Hilton Head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite RestaurantblufftonbelleDined on 12/15/2013We have been to Conroy's countless times for their Early Bird menu. Their she crab soup has big chunks of lump crab meat, and their entrees are always excellent. The service is top-notch, too. We've introduced many people to Conroy's, and they've all raved about it. We also like that the 3 course Early Bird menu is available until 6:30 pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialJB22Dined on 11/2/2013Despite previous excellent reviews, I found this restaurant so-so, given the location and prices. The food was OK. I had their "signature" sea bass which was tasty but undercooked. The service was slow and inconsistent even though the restaurant was less than half full.Special Features:
- Early Bird Specialnhl2xxxDined on 10/18/2013... was a great value. It's a prix fixe menu; I had the crab bisque, prime of beef and a key line log, all wee delicious. The service was attentive also. Highly recommended! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vacation try itGoodstfDined on 9/18/2013Highly recommended. She crab soup a must have. Had the early bird special. Good selections and well worth the money. Probably will not return because of the big hotel feel . Was disappointed at the view. Basically none.Special Features:
- One of few island resturantstravelkingDined on 6/21/2013One of few island resturants with a nice view of oceanSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatBarbiedollDined on 5/3/2013We always schedule our last dinner on HHI at Conroys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First, our server Ayshia (hopeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/4/2013First, our server Ayshia (hope I spelled that right) was amazing. She anticipated and attended to our every need before we ever had to ask. She was warm, friendly and professional. The early-bird special was a great value. Three delicious courses for less than $20!
- Mixed review. I ordered theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013Mixed review. I ordered the flatbread and there were a few sprigs of arugula mixed in with some lettuce (menu said arugula not lettuce). My dining companion ordered the Sea bass and it was excellent, cooked to perfection. However, the gumbo I ordered was not very hot and the consistency of ground beef soup with no distinguishing flavor. Not at all what I would have expected. I'd give Conroy's another try as I loved the ambiance, size of the restaurant and open kitchen.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at Conroy'sElectric1Dined on 11/22/2012Conroy's was rated highly on Open Table and some of the locals that we had an opportunity to speak with before our Thanksgiving dinner. Our soup and salads were fantastic, which set the stage for the main course but that is where things started to decline. My wife's duck was not cooked well, the string beans tasted as they were from the can, rather than farm fresh. The cranberry sauce was also disappointing as it was also from the can rather than prepared by the chef or his staff. If the meal was as tasty as our soup and salads, our ratings would have been higher. The service was was slow and we rated it fair. If served sooner between our meal items, we would have rated the service higher.
- There were very noisy childrenWilsDined on 11/22/2012There were very noisy children at the table next to ours. We asked to be moved to another table, and were accomodated, but the noise was still distracting.
- Enjoyed the food and the waiterRalphDined on 10/5/2012Enjoyed the food and the waiter was very fast and friendly. The White Chocolate bread pudding was great.Special Features:
- Very interesting menu, greatmiloVIPDined on 8/27/2012Very interesting menu, great service, a+++ experienceSpecial Features:
- Not absolutely spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/17/2012Not absolutely spectacular for the money, but a very nice menu with well prepared food. We had a table by the windows, but for an ocean front hotel, there should be something more than a very obstructed view of the ocean! A well trained and attentive waiter.
- We had another great mealJPofSCDined on 7/7/2012We had another great meal at Conroy's. Nice ambience and view. Wonderful service. The she-crab soup is some of the best we've had anywhere. I had a very tender and tasty steak, and my wife had a delicious salmon filet. Nice place for a special occasion at a reasonable price. We'd definitely recommend Conroy's.Special Features:
- Entrees for the Early-BirdOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2012Entrees for the Early-Bird were disappointing and weak.
- Excellent early dining menu.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2012Excellent early dining menu. She crab soup, salmon & ceme brule all delicious.Special Features:
- WE dined here on ChritmasALA50VIPDined on 12/25/2011WE dined here on Chritmas evening. There were four in our party and all of us enjoyed our entrees that evening as well as dessert. OUr waiter was very good and took care of us very well.Special Features:
- Lobster Mac & Cheese was outOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2011Lobster Mac & Cheese was out of this world. The rest of the food was average to good. The manager was excellent...treated us like Royalty since it was our Anniversary. Our waitress was sub-par though. Probably will not return since the food is average for the amount you pay.Special Features:
- We always eat at Conroy'sMameVIPDined on 9/4/2011We always eat at Conroy's on our yearly Hilton Head vacation. Love the she crab soup and the bread pudding. The early dining menu is a terrific value. Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Start with the She Crab Bisque.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2011Start with the She Crab Bisque. OUTSTANDING! Sea Bass was one of the best we ever tasted. The service was excellent, friendly and attentive. We ordered a special wine ahead of time for our anniversary dinner, that was not on their wine list. They went out and got it, chilled it, and it was ready when we sat down for dinner. We ate there several times during our stay and sampled many menu items. Try the lobster mac & cheese appetizer, it is unique, and a great starter.Special Features:
- Early bird menu offered 4OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2011Early bird menu offered 4 entrees, salad or soup (Crab bisque was outstanding) and a choice of dessert. Our table ordered salmon nicose and flat iron steak entrees. Everyone enjoyed their meal. We would definintely return to Conroy's to order from their main menu
- I love the Hilton Head MarriottPsapphaDined on 7/18/2011I love the Hilton Head Marriott hotel, love Hilton Head beaches, and love being at the sea-side in South Carolina. If you are staying at the Marriott hotel, then Conroy's makes a convenient restaurant choice. The food is good and half of the restaurant enjoys scenic views of the Atlantic ocean (the other half, however, enjoys a view of a basketball court...). All this being said, the food is not great and the menu doesn't change (which, unfortunately, is a trade mark of Marriott hotels...). It is also entirely lacking in vegetarian options, so probably not a good choice if you don't eat meat. In short, a fine option for hotel guests, but certainly don't dine here if you are not staying in the Marriott.Special Features:
- When I made my reservation,Spmccarl78VIPDined on 7/9/2011When I made my reservation, I sent a note that it was our Anniversary. When were greeted by the host and then the Waiter we were Congratulated! It was a nice touch and memorable!Special Features:
- Our waiter was David and heOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2011Our waiter was David and he was very helpful and friendly and attentive. We had a lovely time!Special Features:
- The she crab soup and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/28/2011The she crab soup and the crabcakes were among the best I have ever eaten. The lobster mac n cheese is amazing - they should call it something different as mac-n-cheese doesnt apply - like lobster mac n lick the bowl clean cheese. The salad and presentation were also top notch.Special Features:
- The food was only ok, nothingPickydixieVIPDined on 5/23/2011The food was only ok, nothing special.there was a noisy table nearby that pretty much spoiled the evening. Unless person was staying in this hotel and had no transportation , there would be no reason to go to Conroys.Special Features:
- Good Dinner ChoiceChrissyDined on 5/15/2011We had the early bird dinners and really enjoyed them. The chicken and flat iron steaks were delicious.The cost of $17.99 was a great deal. The portions are not as large as regular menu items but were good for us with the appetizer and dessert. Service was excellent.
- The food at Conroy's was wellOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2011The food at Conroy's was well prepared, generous portions, and attractive. The restaurant is lovely and the outdoor views are very nice. The waiter was gracious and very attentive. We had the salmon special. Best for special occasions.Special Features:
- It was our wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2010It was our wedding anniversary and we were treated royally! Everyone made the evening memorable. The she crab soup was the best I've ever eaten in my long life!Special Features: