318 South Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48103Neighborhood:
IrishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.conoroneills.com/
- Phone: 7346652968
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 4:00 pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Sunday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Celtic Room is a unique banquet room in the heart of Downtown Ann Arbor. Specializing in many different types of events including: Rehearsal Dinner, Showers, Business Meeting, Reunions, Birthday Parties, Mixers, and more.
See Banquet Room tab at www.conoroneills.com for a full description and pictures
- Private Party Contact: Caroline 7346652968
- Entertainment: Sunday - Traditional Irish Music Session Monday - General Knowledge Trivia Tuesday - Live Music with Shaun Garth Walker Wednesday - Music Trivia Thursday - Live Bands Friday - DJ & Dancing Saturday - Live Bands See event calendar at www.conoroneills.com/
A word from Conor O'Neill's
Ann Arbor's Favorite Gathering Spot - Conor O'Neill's is a little slice of Ireland on Main Street Ann Arbor -- literally. The interior of the pub, which includes cozy "bric-a-brac," was actually designed and built in the Emerald Isle before being shipped across the pond. The moderately priced menu reflects American classics, including a range of sandwiches and burgers, and Irish "Fayre" such as Fish and Chips, Shepherd's Pie, Potato Pancakes, Corned Beef and Irish Stew. And of course a selection of Irish whiskeys and beers is available, as is a separate banquet room for private parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Conor O'Neill's reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)special occasion (1)hot spot (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Try the Irish BoxtyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014The Irish Boxty with grilled chicken was delicious. Friendly staff. A lovely evening in one of the country's best college towns.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Had a great time. Excellent shepherd's pie and corned beef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AA neophyteOSUrebornDined on 8/23/2014We are new to AA and placed Connor ONeills high on our places to revisit. Super staff and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good outdoor seating in the summerTownie7Dined on 8/18/2014We went during the week before the students returned from summer break and sat outside. Very nice atmosphere, good people watching too. Inside felt like a college bar, turned and walked right back out, not interested in that. (Musty smell, stains on the wood flooring, wide open spaces meant for dancing or large crouds. Not to mention it looked like a soccer bar?) But the beers were cold, food was good and sitting outside right on main street was really cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Potato Pancakes!JennDined on 7/31/2014I ordered my sandwich with a side of Potato Pancakes for $1 extra. They were sooooo good but rich. Splitting the pancakes would have been wiser, but I ate every one!Special Features:
- The following 71 reviews are from the Conor O'Neill's reviews archive.
- Birthday Cake!A2foodieDined on 5/13/2014Great food! And they let me bring my own homemade cake to celebrate my friend's birthday.Special Features:
- Irish GemIrishtothecoreDined on 5/10/2014Always delicious. Great tasting signature dishes. Right in the middle of everything that makes Ann Arbor special Love the bread pudding. Yummy..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter dinnerDottyDined on 4/20/2014As one of the few places in AA that had available reservations for Easter late lunch, we were prepared for traditional Irish pub food and that is definitely what we got. In true pub tradition the food was extra salty (more beer please) which did not sit well on a Sunday afternoon. I had chicken pot pie which was way saltier than my daughters very good French fries. My daughter had fish and chips which were good... Crisp not oily. Another daughter had a spicy wrap which was a bit too spicy for her but I am sure my husband would have liked. My husband had the breakfast which was hearty, heavy and a bit greasy... He was satisfied. All in all, an OK experience... Just not GREAT.
- Group "sausaged" into a small spacegmo99Dined on 4/18/2014We had a reservation for 11. We called Connor's to confirm. We were seated in a cramped space of 2 separate tables for 4, with only 10 chairs. Our 11th person had to sit in the aisle balancing his plate in his lap. The manager went by and said hello twice, but no notice of our cramped seating and person sitting in the aisle. Food was good as usual, waitress was very nice and attentive. We have eaten here dozens of times each year. Always as 2 to 4 people though. We were very disappointed with the seating for our group of 11. The experience was very bad.Special Features:
- Our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/7/2014Sorry to say that this was my first time to Conor O'Neills. We were impressed with everything. The food, the service, the ambience of an Irish pub. We will definently come back again. Thanks. -Gary and KathySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were going to a performancenightoutDined on 4/6/2014we were going to a performance at the ark at 7:30 and had our reservations at 6:15; timing worked out perfectly. food was very good as was the service. been here many times and appreciate the fact that we can make reservations.Special Features:
- Zero ProblemsAaronDined on 4/6/2014I made a reservation via the web. When we arrived, the table was set and ready for our group. we were greeted warmly and our server was very attentive. The food arrived at a good temperature and all of the dishes were very tasty. We plan on eating here whenever we are in Ann Arbor!Special Features:
- Great selection of beerKelmoDined on 3/29/2014I love Conor's. You can always count on good food and a fun atmosphere. Not to mention a fabulous beer selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedCoPiloteCosnerVIPDined on 3/24/2014This time at Conor's I was really strapped for time and they had no problem getting my order ready ahead of my parties arrival. Another thing to enjoy about Conor's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Irish pubOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/21/2014Maybe we lucked out by having our pre-concert dinner early, because service was great. But by the time we were finished at 7:30, the place was getting really crowded, and by the time we left The Ark (2 doors down) at 10:00 there was a line to get in. The food was simple, straightforward, and very good. My wife and I split 2/3 of the one chicken pot pie and took the rest home. It's worth mentioning that unlike most restaurant pot pies we've had, this one was full of food rather than gravy The bar wings were spicy enough without being blistering. The desserts were huge.Special Features:
- Took my 3 HS age kids outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/16/2014Took my 3 HS age kids out for a St. Patrick's day treat...Was a fun experience for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood PubjoyousDined on 3/9/2014We met family from out of town at Conor's after Shamrocks and Shenanigans. It was festive, fun, and overall a great place to enjoy food, Guinness, Irish dancing, and good times with friends and family. It continues to be my favorite neighborhood pub!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great locationGramberryDined on 2/23/2014We went to a show at The Ark after dinner at Conor O'Neill's, and that worked out perfectly! The Ark is only a few steps away. We enjoyed our appetizer and dinner very much.Special Features:
- Irish and AmericanOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014Packed with undergrad kids. Great spot for them. We had a reservation and were seated at a tiny table around the corner from the entrance, against the wall, in a corner. Not much ambience. I think The Earle is more to our liking for atmosphere. I am Irish and I wanted to try the fare, but much of the Irish dishes are heavy - there are actually lots of tasty, not-heavy foods that I would love them to rotate into their menu, for example, trout poached in cider on a bed of grated carrot and lentils. Half the menu has become typical American bar food. Caesar Salad, for example. I miss the crab cakes, which are no longer offered.Special Features:
- Just AverageKAC724Dined on 2/15/2014I made reservations and when we got there we were seated immediately. It took over 12 minutes to even be greeted by a server, and that was only after we went to the hostess to tell her we hadn't been greeted. The server who greeted us wasn't even our server... she got us some beers and we waited several more minutes before getting a manger. Our server had passed by us several times to take care of another table, and never even glanced our way!! She could have at least looked at us and tell us she knows we're there and that she'll be with us soon. After a manger talked to us, our server finally came to us and her first words to us were not "I'm so sorry you had to wait so long"...they were "Any questions?"..UGH We moved to a diff sectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had time to kill waitingDaveDDined on 2/14/2014We had time to kill waiting for a show next door at the Ark and decided to give Conor O'Neill's a try. It fit our needs to a T. Attentive service, fish and chips were very good, and reasonable drink prices. We wouldn't hesitate to come back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently delicious!CoPiloteCosnerVIPDined on 2/11/2014Conor O'Neill's is my favorite place ot eat here in Michigan! I absolutely love how the food is always consistent and very true to traditional Irish ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally!HmmmmDined on 2/8/2014We've visited a few of the "popular" restaurants in AA since our daughter started U of M but wondered how they got so "popular". Finally! We've found a great spot that we would be happy to return to! Worked great for all three generations in our party! Great authentic dishes! Very nice atmosphere, in fact, could have imagined we were sitting in a pub in Ireland!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great time had by allhankDined on 2/7/2014were in on a busy friday night, wait staff was very friendly and effeicent. food was outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm Pub AtmosphereKathiDined on 1/17/2014Conor O'Neill's never disappoints. It's a feel-good place where the warmth and friendliness hits you when you walk in the door. The food always comforts, especially in the cold of winter, though sidewalk dining in the summer is delightful, as well. Service is friendly, and the place remains true to its Irish roots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Coner O'Neills Restaurant weekdorkydoodleDined on 1/17/2014Very skimpy portions! The fish and chips and only 3 small pieces of fish. It was cold and had way too much batter. The service was poor. I would skip dinner there and only go there for lunch which is less costly...thoughthere are way better choices in Ann Arbor.Special Features:
- restaurant weekkokiDined on 1/16/2014Despite it being restaurant week and busy the service was really good and friendly and it was a great deal! Live the atmosphere even though a bit loud with a crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Down home Irish!LisaDined on 1/16/2014Still the best fish and chips in town. And the best bread pudding. And great strawberry rhubarb crumble (yes, it's also best in town, but then it's the only one that offers this - my fave!) and the bread OMG Real Irish Soda Bread. It's so like the pubs in Dublin. Only difference, you can see what's around you and taste the food since there's no fog of cigarette smoke!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre -post venueCooperDined on 1/10/2014A great place for great food before or after a comedy show or concert in town. Staff is prompt and helpful of different dining opportunities Drinks are plentiful, variety of draft beers are very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a fantastic time!BriBDined on 12/21/2013Never a dull experience! Food is phenomenal, staff goes above and beyond, environment is changes with time-of-day as to be expected....but never an unpleasant place to be!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food!ConneDined on 12/13/2013The mussels were the best! My friends had sheppards pie and fish & chips...everyone raved about it! Great atmosphere, super staff...a great time!Special Features:
- This night worked out perfectlylotsoffunDined on 11/23/2013This night worked out perfectly for us. We told our waiter we had tickets for the show next door (The Ark) and he was very helpful and got us our food in plenty of time. We didn't have drinks that night, but have in the past. We also lucked out that there was no home football game that weekend, so it wasn't as noisy as it can be at times. Don't know about outdoor dining, as it was very cold that night. All in all it was very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service--Fish and Chips Not SAjaxDined on 11/23/2013We had a really good time...excellent table, great waiter. But my fish and chips were not very good. I love F&C and yours were highly rated. A disappointment. I must confess that my "gold standards" for F&C are in the UK and Australia. I like it served hot with crispy batter and moist fish inside, the kind you can pick up and dunk in the tarter sauce. Unfortunately, your fish was just warm and the batter was soggy...so much so that when you picked up a piece, the fish would break through the batter and fall to the plate. I also prefer more traditional tarter sauce. Positive notes: My wife had chicken wings and a salad which were okay. AND...your bread pudding dessert is to die for!!!!! Maybe next time... Sheppard's Pie for me.Special Features:
- Great food, great atmosphere!foodieluvDined on 11/8/2013Lively atmosphere, friendly and knowledgable wait staff, and excellent pub fare options are all set in an authentic Irish pub space at Conor's. This is one of our favorite restaurants for a laid-back experience with delicious food. Whether just grabbing a pint or sitting for a meal, we will absolutely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pudding.JohnLDined on 10/18/2013Good entrees but save room for the bread pudding dessert. Excellent.
- Great food, great atmosphereMoonGrrlDined on 10/1/2013Great food, great atmosphere and FANTASTIC service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place to go!cib1Dined on 10/1/2013We needed to get a bite before a show at The Ark and this spot is right next door. The Happy Hour menu is great; we enjoyed drinks and a selection of appetizers for an unbelievably low price. Friendly and prompt service. Wide variety of beverages and food items. Convenient parking right behind the block. There is no downside to this excellent pub/restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, service andfireman7536Dined on 9/22/2013Excellent food, service and atmosphere....highly recommend trying it!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pub in Ann ArborJohnBVIPDined on 9/21/2013Conor O'Neill's is as good as any Irish Pub that my wife and I ate at in Dublin, Ireland. Typical pub food done very well and with generous portions. Great selection of beers on tap. Friendly efficient wait staff - if you for pre-theater dinner you have no worries about making the show. Can be a bit noisy and times - but after all it is a pub!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO NOISY, TOO SALTYmach007Dined on 9/20/2013We met some friends downtown for dinner, hoping to eat outside. This would have been great, but as our appetizer came, it started raining, so we had to go inside. I was very disappointed, as we had to nearly shout to talk with each other. For me it was very unpleasant, and made it very difficult to enjoy the meal. The appetizer was good - Fiona's artichoke spinach dip with pita - tasty and enough for the four of us to enjoy. I ordered the Chicken Pot Pie. It was barely edible - so salty that I could hardly make my way through half of it. And I am one who normally likes things salty. Although I am 60, I am allowed salt because of low blood pressure. For me to say it is too salty is really saying something.Special Features: