Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 54th
43 West 54th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 54th
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.connollyspubandrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 489-0271
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Winston Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining for functions of 40 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2124890271
A word from Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 54th
Located on 43 West 54th Street (between 5th & 6th), Connolly's Pub & Restaurant is a family owned and operated traditional Irish pub and is conveniently located is in the heart of midtown and is minutes away from Broadway Shows & The MOMA Museum. Connolly's Pub & Restaurant has come to be known as NYC's premier venue for great food in a traditional Irish atmosphere. With many different beers to choose from, we offer a unique environment for happy hour, business functions, family gatherings and alumni reunions. Our two floors can accommodate parties from 15 – 100 people. Large TV screens showing every major sporting event. Come join us for a great time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 54th reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (5)late-night find (3)romantic (1)good for groups (1)fit for foodies (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- 70th Birthday dinner for hubbyColleengia26Dined on 11/11/2014While making plans to eat in NYC, after celebrating at the Minus 5 Ice Bar, in the Hilton Hotel, I came across a few different restaurants in the area, one of which was Connolly's Pub & Restaurant. I asked my husband which he'd like to eat at and he said he was really looking forward to having his favorite, a Sheperd's Pie. We chose Connolly's and they didn't disappoint! My husband loved his meal, and my Peppercorn steak was delicious also. Our friends enjoyed their meals as well and the staff were very pleasant and attentive. I emailed beforehand that it was my husband's 70th birthday, and they had a piece of cheesecake with a candle all ready for him, a nice plus! I was bummed that they said they had run out of baked potatoes (?) but my mashed were tasty and I soon forgot my disappointment. I would definitely go back and try more of the menu at Connolly's! Great food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Host was very friendly. Waiters were great. Food was delicious. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeanoNYCVIPDined on 10/28/2014If you are in the neighborhood and you are looking for an easy inexpensive and yummy lunch, Connolly's will do it for you! Great sandwiches. Welcoming service with a fun ad relaxing environment!Special Features:
- Ordinary At BestLocaleaterVIPDined on 8/5/2014I ordered a Greek Salad and Chicken Pot Pie. The salad was fine but not exceptional. The pie had a fairly good puff pastry top but it covered an interior that was pretty much what you would get in the frozen food section of a grocery store. It was obviously not made from scratch. The cheesecake was Ok, but not much better than that... out of a box as well. Service was slow.
- great choice after broadway showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Waitress was so nice and very accomendating the owner greated us great experience going to broadway-Jersey Boys and topping our night with such a nice restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 54th reviews archive.
- MoMA neighborEjoemikeVIPDined on 7/22/2014Great place for a beer and burger befoe or after a visit to MoMASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish PubTankDined on 7/9/2014Good Irish Pub. Good place to pregame before a show at Radio City, a couple of blocks away.Special Features:
- A hidden gemJM6CTDined on 6/27/2014Last minute reservation - just needed to eat - boy were we pleasantly surprised. Great Pub food, but better than typical "Pub" food. Service was fantastic - friendly, attentive, knowledgeable. The greeting and "thanks for coming" were warm and fun. Really had a great time and a great meal. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual but comfortablelovetoeatVIPDined on 6/10/2014We were pleased with our dinner here. We did not want a fancy, expensive restaurant nor did we want a "fast food" place. Connelly's fit the bill! The restaurant was comfortable, the menu was varied and satisfied all tastes, the wait staff were considerate and eager to please. Six of us were very pleased.Special Features:
- Wonderful Pub Lunch for 2saintmaeVIPDined on 4/12/2014My husband were looking for a good Irish pub restaurant for a while and in the city they are all closing etc. Now we found Connelly's on 54 Street. Our servers were great, Kevin and Alessandro terrific. Lisa was the hostess and she was lovely also. The food was very good and the Bloody Mary was superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before MoMAEjoemikeVIPDined on 4/9/2014A great spot for a beer and a wrap before or after a visit to MoMA. Love the Coleman's mustard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great value in an expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/27/2014Great value in an expensive neighborhood. Welcoming maitre'd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very warm and friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/11/2014If you're looking for a nice quiet unpretentious meal with a warm, welcoming service, you can never go wrong here. They really make you feel at home!Special Features:
- Nice find in NYCJimbok64VIPDined on 3/10/2014Good pub fare at reasonable prices made my dining experience quite enjoyable. The chicken bruschetta panini was delicious and filling. The fries were a bit over done and the Manhattan clam chowder, fair. The place was easy to find and the service, very good. Both the server and manager(?) stopped by frequently to make sure everything was to my liking. I'd definitely swing by for another meal the next time I'm in the area. Oh and ask to be seated on the second floor if you are looking to have a meal that's on the quieter side.Special Features:
- Valentines DayVirginiaDudeDined on 2/14/2014We decided to forgo the Steak House scene and go our for a fun dinner. The pink Valentines Day special menu wrapped in lace was a nice touch and added a little romance and ambiance to the evening. The host and server were outstanding. Both were highly attentive and showed genuine interest in providing us with an excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SoSobubbaDined on 2/14/2014Location is good. Food is basic pub food. Certainly satisfying and in good -sixed portions.Drinks however were over -priced considering the small size of the glasses and the high price for them. We have been there before but I don't think we shall go back again.
- The food was delicious andcmoranivDined on 1/31/2014The food was delicious and the owner was very nice to us. The service was very well and friendly. I would recommend the shepherds pie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good Competitor for Connelly's/45OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/30/2014When I'm in the area I usually go to the Connelly's at 45th Street; I decided to try 54th Street for a change. The staff was welcoming, pleasant, attentive and not overwhelming. My date and I shared the calamari as an appetizer, and two of the specials, a burger and pasta with shrimp. Everything was full of flavor, and just the right amount was served. We sat in a booth downstairs so I didn't see what the upper level looked like. There was a hopping bar at the back, but we didn't hear them until we used the facilities. Personally, I'll take a good dose of pub food over an over-priced, gimicky theater-district restaurant any day.Special Features:
- Real Irish pubDavis706Dined on 1/23/2014Great food great atmosphere. The bar downstairs was very cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunch spot in midtownBeadgirl49VIPDined on 11/7/2013Good food, good service and very convenient midtown location for lunch and dinner. Upstairs is preferred as downstairs is very noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderate=price restaurantlovetoeatVIPDined on 10/11/2013This is a moderate-price, casual restaurant in an area where there are mostly expensive, fine dining or tourist-appealing restaurants. This is a Pub restaurant and the menu is varied and the food is nicely prepared. It is great for casual dining in a "high-priced" area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best staff ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2013The food was fine, the drinks fine, but the staff was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Night in NYCWearsasDined on 8/19/2013Opted for Connollys on our first night in New York as it was only 1 street away. It was quiet, we had decent service and food was good. Good servings and the burgers are more than enough. Would return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for routine lunchDaveBDined on 7/1/2013Nothing particularly noteworthy but it is a fine place for an ordinary lunch in midtown. Burgers are fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great and the serviceHughVIPDined on 7/1/2013Food was great and the service was also great. Would eat lunch there every time I am in NYC.Special Features:
- Close to City CenterDugganVIPDined on 6/6/2013This is an easy place to grab a good hamburger pre-show. Maitre'd/manager is Irish and charming. It's not haute dining, but it doesn't claim to be either. Just simple, unpretentious, palatable. I'd go again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been to livelier wakesNYCJDined on 6/1/2013We met friends here on a recent Saturday night. There was one other table in the dining room and they didn't seem to be eating. I'd chosen Connolly's because I thought it would be quiet enough for a conversation but the morgue-like ambience was a bit extreme. At 10.30 we were very politely invited to leave the restaurant because the cleaners had arrived.
- Connolly's is a great placeLoriDined on 5/20/2013Connolly's is a great place to relax and enjoy your meal. Nicely priced and friendly staff. The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great casual spotDomEnicDined on 5/12/2013This was a great spot where the food is good and the atmosphere is comfortable. The owner came over and told some stories about a Pub he owned in Ireland which made the experience fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Lunch!Beadgirl49VIPDined on 4/18/2013Good pub food with fast service! Not much atmosphere but for a good, fast lunch - it's great!Special Features:
- Irish Brunch Hits the SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2013Irish brunch hits the spot...great blood sausage...excellent valueSpecial Features:
- A true local gem in NYC!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Our trip to Connolly's @ 54th was nothing short of terrific! We were greeted at the door and swiftly shown to our table, the menu was explained in detail... and the specials of the day. The staff were very attentive and the food was excellent... so much so we returned a few days later! Would I recommend it... yes I would, would I return... Without a doubt!Special Features:
- Gracious, Understanding AssistanceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013I made a reservation here to meet four out-of-town relations, but one of them got confused and detoured the group to the wrong Connolly's (there are four locations in NYC)! The staff at 54th Street was ever so kind, helpful and understanding during the hour I waited to hear from my relatives. I will definitely go back another time to 54th St Connolly's! As it was, I ran down to the branch on 45th Street and had a fabulous dinner there with my group. All five of us enjoyed the entrees and desserts!Special Features:
- Very mediocre food. NothingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/8/2013Very mediocre food. Nothing special about it except maitre-d was very hospitable
- Good Neighborhood Gem!Beadgirl49VIPDined on 3/7/2013Always a good choice for lunch or dinner. Good food, service and they get you in and out quickly!Special Features:
- The food was average at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/23/2013The food was average at best. The potatoe skins appetizer was probably the best part of our meal. My wife had the Chicken Parm and it was only fair. I had the Chicken wrap and it was somewhat better. The service was not good. We had to ask the waiter for various things that should have been provided automatically.
- Our first visit was on a FridayPeterpanVIPDined on 2/1/2013Our first visit was on a Friday night, and we were back Sunday for brunch. Just a wonderful spot (we were on 54th Street). Could not have been better!Special Features:
- If you like irish comfortOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013If you like irish comfort food, and this is the place to be. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I had the Irish stew and my friend had the grilled tuna steak sandwich. My stew was bursting with flavor. The meat was perfectly tender and the broth was soo good I wanted to drink it from the bowl. My friends tuna was seared and very flavorful. I even loved the coffee and I had decaf. I will most definitely be back here again.Special Features:
- The staff worked as a team....fantaRMVFBDined on 1/26/2013The staff worked as a team....fantastic. The teens and I had a very nice experience. Very convenient after a day at MOMA!Special Features:
- Mediocre At BestzurboDined on 1/24/2013Perhaps we should have stuck with the pub favorites. We ordered dinner specials - steak and tuna. Both were over-cooked and dry. I would not go back voluntarily, but if I were forced I would try something a little simpler from the menu like bangers and mash.