Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 47th
14 East 47th Street
New York, NY 10184Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 47th
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.connollyspubandrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 867-3767
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
Monday - Sunday: 3:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Winston Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining for functions of 40 or more
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2128673767
A word from Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 47th
Located on 14 East 47th Street (between Madison & 5th), Connolly's Pub & Restaurant is a family owned and operated traditional Irish pub and is conveniently located is in the heart of midtown and is minutes away from Grand Central & The Rockefeller Center. Connolly's Pub & Restaurant has come to be known as NYC's premier venue for great food in a traditional Irish atmosphere. With 50 different beers to choose from, we offer a unique environment for happy hour, business functions, family gatherings and alumni reunions. Our two floors can accommodate parties from 15 - 500 people. Large tv screens showing every major sporting event. Come join us for a great time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 47th reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (16)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- FreshiesVIPDined on 11/18/2014Usual delicious lunch. Unfortunately, there was an odd odor in the rear room that we were sat in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very loud we spent our lunch scream talkingSonnie512Dined on 11/17/2014Nice for groups but very loud so you end up having to scream across the table to be heard. TV's are a distraction. Food was ok. The reubens were dry and the big apple cobb salad was quite small for a main dish but it was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!brendangalsDined on 11/6/2014Atmosphere is great as is the food and service. Definitely on my/our list of the best place to visit when in New York City. We are a group of ladies who went to school together - hence the nickname Brendangals - and we have been meeting here for the last 7 or 8 years, twice a year if possible. Each year we add another contact - and we have lost some as well - but it is the best part of our visit to NYC. We hope to continue our event as long as possible. The staff has always been welcoming and courteous and the food has always hit the spot. Thank you from a group of happy 'senior' ladies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting but average foodSmileDined on 10/28/2014What happened with the hamburgers? I brought my cousins and both had hamburgers which were very thin and tasteless. I find the food now is hit and miss!
- EmilyDined on 9/9/2014A good spot for a quick lunch or an after-work meal. I love the veggie burger!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good late lunch at an off timeDanaluvVIPDined on 8/16/2014We had a late lunch on a Saturday and there were very few people in the dining room so it was quiet. We ordered sandwiches which were both quite good...a burger and a turkey wrap. They both came with French fries which were very good and stayed hot because they were served in a hot metal container. Service was efficient and congenial. No complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast service big groupEricafDined on 8/7/2014The food was delicious! We had 10 people and booked the reservation maybe 20 minutes before, they were exceptionally accommodating. The service was fast and very friendly. It's definitely popular for big groups and business lunches, the bar looked very legit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 47th reviews archive.
- GirlsWeekendGirlsWeekendDined on 6/28/2014We went to Connolly's before catching a show this weekend. The food was delicious and reminded us all of our time in Ireland and England. The portions were good and prices were great for a dinner in NYC. It was quiet when we arrived around 5 PM, aside from the people enjoying the World Cup match in the bar. There were TVs in the dining area so we were able to watch the end of the match as well.Special Features:
- Pleasant and accommodating.brendangalsDined on 6/19/2014As in the past, the staff was respectful, attentive and made all feel comfortable. The food was delicious and served on a timely basis - of course, we do have our favorite dishes. Because of our pleasant overall dining experiences, we do not hesitate to recommend Connolly's to friends. They, too, have enjoyed the professional service and fine cuisine. We look forward to an ongoing relationship with Connolly's whenever we visit New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pub PlusGooddining4allDined on 6/13/2014Eating really good food in a delightful environment without having the to break the bank makes the whole dining experience a real pleasure to share. We were a party of 14 and not one person had a single complaint. And that is quite fantastic.Special Features:
- Always a good pick!LBish84Dined on 6/6/2014Always great food and service. The Chicken Bruschetta Panini is always a hit! Awesome food, good, quick service. Never a bad visit.Special Features:
- Connolly'stheatergoerDined on 5/21/2014The ambiance and decor of the restaurant are inviting and comfortable. The service is attentive without being intrusive. However, the filet mignon I had contained quite a bit of gristle; not what I would have expected from this cut. The carrots had clearly been frozen (not fresh), and I wasn't sure if the potato was from a mix. The mushroom sauce on the filet was very good. The brownie sundae dessert and coffee were very good.Special Features:
- Restaurant on the WaneSmileDined on 5/21/2014Although we went at 6 P.M. for dinner on Wednesday evening, the bar was the only place where there was any action. This used to be a restaurant that was always hopping, but the menu is not very creative and the food preparation was just acceptable. Need to hire a better chef to bring back the crowd. Pleasant server. There are so many other Irish restaurants that provide better food and ambiance.
- One of Midtown's BestpatstrDined on 5/19/2014I've patronized Connolly's on several occasions and I've never been disappointed. The food is great and the service is always on point. When I make a reservation and have any special request they always manage to accommodate me.Special Features:
- Good Midtown lunchMargaretDined on 5/15/2014From the outside, I thought it might be a bit too "shabby" for the friend I was meeting who works nearby but the upstairs dining room was fine. The service was prompt and attentive. The food was pretty good and the prices good for the area. Certainly not "elegant" but much nicer than I thought it would be. I enjoyed the lamb burger and sweet potato fries and friend liked her salmon salad. Decent wine prices too. I will be back as the location suits.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be returning!!!RobinDined on 4/19/2014I had a cousin in from England that I had never met before so we decided to meet for lunch. I picked Connollys because of location and the menu. I was not disappointed! Lovely place and excellent food!Special Features:
- Good foodbabzie15Dined on 4/5/2014Service was very good. Wait staff were friendly and efficient. Food was fresh and enjoyable. Great place to eat before a play.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How do you screw up a burger?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/3/2014How do you screw up a burger? I don't know but they do. People must come here to drink because the food stinks!!! Don't do it if you want to eat.
- Successful Work Lunch MeetingArthdexVIPDined on 3/12/2014Went to Connolly's for a work lunch meeting. The ambiance was perfect to conduct conversation and the food was very good and varied to accommodate everyone's taste. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch find near the WaldorfTobiasFDined on 3/12/2014At a meeting and needed a place to go to eat lunch with customers away from the chaos of some of the places around the Waldorf. Food was solid. Service was very good. I will definitely return. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Fine PubPubManDined on 2/28/2014The establishment is very well run and offers an excellent shepherd's pie and some fine ales.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best BurgersKBW1Dined on 2/19/2014It great to find a real hamburger cooked just right and served in a friendly manor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurant on 47th streetpatstrDined on 2/12/2014Excellent food,great service and reasonable prices. I've eaten at Connollys several times and I've never been disappointed. Service is consistently great and the food never disappoints. Whenever a group of us go out to lunch, Connollys is our place of choice. We are never rushed. Our servers always check on us to see if we need anything additional after our meals arrive. We are always asked if everything is satisfactory and the reply is always "yes"Special Features:
- reliable food & cozy ambienceartchick2Dined on 1/8/2014good reliable food & cozy ambience, at least if you like Irish pubsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/18/2013Great service, friendly waitress, and the food was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice lunch spotMurphDined on 12/4/2013Food was good...I had a barbecued chicken salad that was quite tasty. Seating area was comfortable and roomy. Its a bit noisy but allNY restaurants seem to be. Our waiter was less than warm and not very attentative but not to the degree that it seriously impacted our experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy atmosphereKByrnesDined on 11/30/2013We have been frequenting Connolly's for years. The atmosphere is casual and welcoming. It was nice to be able to come in out of the cold and enjoy a delicious lunch after seeing a show. I had the mango chicken ciabatta sandwich and it was delicious. My sister had the fish and chips and found the portion to be gigantic! It was delicious. My daughter had the Shepherd's pie and my mom had the Brendan burger. Both were very good.Special Features:
- Laid back, and great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2013The atmosphere was a comfortable bar scene, with tv's everywhere. Lots of locals on their lunch break, it seemed. Staff was super friendly, and service was very efficient, even at a busy lunch hour. We had a crab cake sandwich that was delicious, and a salmon/lox sandwich (don't remember it's menu name) which was also very good. Portions were large and the sweet potato fries are worth the upgrade. Had young kids with us, and thought the kids menu has plenty of choices and portions are a good size. The prices are decent, too, especially considering you're in Manhattan. Not over-priced like a lot of the touristy restaurants. We will totally be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Midtown NYC Irish PubOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Everything was great - the reservation process, the location, the food, the prices (except for the beer prices!) and the service. What we particularly enjoyed was that the location, between 2nd and 3rd Avenue, put the venue out of the more chaotic areas closer to Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lively crowd, delicious pub foodSmileDined on 11/2/2013Despite being the Marathon Weekend and the place was packed, our group of 8 people enjoyed a great meal, good service, and the menu offered a great variety of selections. Waitress was very accommodating and constantly checked to ensure that our needs were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More restaurant than pubink6Dined on 9/2/2013It turned out that a reservation wasn't necessary as the place wasn't busy on a holiday Monday evening, but you never know. Connolly's was in a convenient location and had favorable reviews, so we gave it a try and were pleased with the outcome. The dining room was more of a restaurant-type setting than I had expected. The food and service were good. The Connolly's Red Ale was not as good as I had hoped, but the beer list is respectable. The bacon on the steakhouse wedge salad was the smokiest bacon I've ever tasted! Bacon lovers should consider ordering something with bacon (American stripy bacon; didn't try the Irish variety).I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok. Had been cravingMellyDined on 7/25/2013Food was ok. Had been craving fish and chips...huge piece of fish and chewy...not crunchy. Wasn't the NYC fish and chips experience we expected but just ok. Bar area very lively and restaurant extremely loud.Special Features:
- Staff and management veryjustmeDined on 6/29/2013Staff and management very friendly and efficient. Our group of 18 had no complaints.Special Features:
- Connolly's Restaurants' RulePearlsDined on 6/27/2013As usual, Connolly's Restaurant, regardless of location, greets its customers with enthusiasm and warmth. With the distinct Gaelic accents, one could imagine dining in Ireland. The staff is efficient and the prices are a bargain for Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very efficient and friendly!ConnleysDined on 6/15/2013Very efficient and friendly! Excellent selection of beer on tap. Food was delicous dessert even better! Prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad, but not what I was hopingMorrisDined on 6/1/2013From the website and menu I had high expectations of a real authentic Irish Pub feel. I was looking for casual, but still unique and high quality. My husband and I were on vaca in NY. It was very nice, clean and the food was good. I was hoping for over the top, as everything in NY is and I truly felt like I was back in WI and one of our Local Pubs. Which is great. Just not what I was planning.
- Good bar foodswetsDined on 5/24/2013Satisfactory irish bar food and beer selections. Service was very good. Sandwiches and fries were very good. I had a pasta salad with salmon that had a good overall flavor but the salmon was just okay. I think this place is a good value for the types of food that you expect at a pub.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aussie visitAussiemumDined on 5/24/2013Loved the whole experience. I am holidaying in New York and met my son and his wife, who happen to be here at the same time for lunch at Connollys. I arrived, not too sure if I was at the right spot but the staff put me at ease immediately and from then on had a great lunch. Loved the postcard service. Thank you to all at Connolly for the great food and the great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, authenticphillyIrishDined on 5/21/2013excellent food, authentic Irish decor, nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We went to celebrate a teamHollieDined on 5/21/2013We went to celebrate a team accomplishment....service was very fast for a group of 10 and food was great. We were in and out in less than an hour at lunch time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.