Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 45th
121 West 45th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 45th
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.connollyspubandrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 597-5126
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday: 9:00am - 3:30pm
Monday - Sunday: 3:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American, Irish
- Executive Chef: Winston Hernandez
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Connolly's are happy to cater your next corporate event.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private dining for functions of 75 or more
- Private Party Contact: Manager 2125975126
A word from Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 45th
Located on 121 West 45th Street (Between 6th & Broadway), Connolly's Pub & Restaurant is a family owned and operated traditional Irish pub and is conveniently located is in the heart of Times Square NYC and is minutes away from any Broadway Show. Connolly's Pub & Restaurant has come to be known as NYC's premier venue for great food in a traditional Irish atmosphere. With 50 different beers to choose from, we offer a unique environment for happy hour, business functions, family gatherings and alumni reunions. Our three floors can accommodate parties from 15 - 500 people. 45 large flat-screen TV showing every major sporting event. Come join us for a great time!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 45th reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (10)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)hot spot (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- DisappointedNancyDined on 11/15/2014We were a party of 13 who arrived on time. Our table was ready - a plus. Our waitress was very nice and took our drink and appetizer order right away. These arrived in a timely manner and then things went downhill. Our reservation was for 7:15, Our drinks and appetizer were served promptly. At 8:30 we had not been served our dinners. We sought out our waitress about when we would be served. It was about 5 to 10 minutes after that that our orders began to arrive. My order was served incorrectly. However other members of our party were very pleased with their dinners. I do not often give a poor recommendation so would say that if you do not mind waiting for your dinner, this restaurant would be ok.
- Amazing food and drink.Irishdelicious10Dined on 11/1/2014Great food at great price. Nice time by all in my party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mek01Dined on 10/18/2014The food was very good and reasonably priced. Had expected to pay considerably more for NYC. It was a great place to have lunch before seeing the Broadway show.Special Features:
- Before Show DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014We picked Connolly's because it was so close to the Schoenfeld Theatre, but were pleasantly surprised when the food was so good/delicious & service so 'spot on'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family Dinner in NYCOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Food was OK - a bit confused when entrees were forced upon us before starters had been finished. Great waitress who off-set this poor show by the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great FoodmjcjcatVIPDined on 9/23/2014Had a delicious burger and Portabella Sandwich. Would come againSpecial Features:
- BRUNCH BEFORE SHOWOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/21/2014We had a very enjoyable brunch, very reasonably priced, brunch included mimosa or bloody mary. Conveniently located in theater district.Special Features:
- AVOID THIS PUB ON 45th STREETTheWallStreetPoetVIPDined on 9/20/2014Overall a terrible experience. I work in the area; now off limits for lunches and for pub food at night. The real menu is minute compared to the on-line menu. Told after we sat and ordered drinks that the kitchen had a fire and was still recovering so it had only a few items. The table was filthy. The waitress tried to clean it and then had to scrub it twice. She then reprimanded the busboy who proved totally inept throughout the meal: he kept swooping up any glass or plate that was finished, leaning over and sticking his arms in the faces of the diners, reaching across the whole table so that his bare arms touched the top of the straws in the drinks. He dropped a dirty fork in a drink. Food average; experience a disaster; avoid.
- MusicbjbfoodieDined on 9/13/2014Was expecting some Irish music, but overall everything was great. Service, food, a little mix up on the brunch lunch timing. Had to pay for drink with brunch but no biggie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh...nrg17Dined on 9/12/2014The location is great. The food was okay. Our service was HORRENDOUS. It was quite obvious our server wanted to be anywhere on earth than serving our table. The restaurant was almost empty and he was inattentive, less than helpful, and quite obviously did not want to be there. He had NO other tables. I will not ever recommend to anyone to go here. I had a better meal (and better service) from a hot dog cart. The restaurant suffered a fire in late August, so the menu was limited. I was disappointed that I had made a reservation a month in advance and no one called me to let me know about the limited menu. Otherwise I would have changed locations.
- wickedloverDined on 9/10/2014experience was wonderful as always. food was excellent. table was ready per my reservation time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unable to attend because of a fireAnonymousVIPDined on 8/31/2014unable to attend because of a fire. please remove from my list - thank you.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to go for a beer and burgergregDined on 8/27/2014Connollys has long been a favorite of mine for a nice lunch or that pub style dinner before going home or to a show. Reasonable food pricing and the beers are GREAT with a big selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for good food and rooftop barSallyBVkramDined on 8/11/2014Menu had several good selections but they were out of at least one of the specials I ordered. The rooftop atmosphere makes the place even better. the service was good, but not great. the beer list is decent also.Special Features:
- Fourth floor roof top diningJerseyboyDined on 8/2/2014The best part of this restaurant was the rooftop dining on the fourth floor. We were there for lunch on a beautiful summer day. The food was ok. The service was great. The convenience to Times Square was outstanding. Salads were well done, fish and chips were mediocre. Prices were appropriate to the food. It was an enjoyable experience overall.Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Connolly's Pub and Restaurant - 45th reviews archive.
- Great BartraveltouristVIPDined on 7/18/2014Fantastic sports bar. Loved going over during the world cup to watch the action and grab a bite. Typical bar food but good all the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD WAS FANTASTICSuzyQDined on 7/17/2014We haven't been in NYC since we moved to Florida over Ten years ago and boy do we miss a good Irish Pub and this fit the bill perfectly! We each ordered something from their Irish favorites box on the menu and each of us loved what we had. I had the chicken pot pie and honestly I would have licked the plate if I thought it wouldn't have embarrassed my family :) We were with some friends, one being gluten free and she had one of their specials which was a kale veggie burger on a gluten free roll and she raved about it!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/16/2014i love the irish! ;) friendliest lot around and that is very apparent at connolly's!! fabulous tap selections! and delicious food! can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold beer, cheap eatsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/28/2014Great menu of beers on taps and food to allow additional consumption.Special Features:
- Stepping into IrelandTheaterFoodieDined on 6/21/2014What a spectacular treat for my birthday! The restaurant provided a warm and comfortable environment, with good food for good prices. It was a treat to be able to eat and see the World Cup at the same time - not to mention the single block between it and the Majestic Theater where my party was headed following the lunch. I hope to return to Connoly's again soon, hungry for more.Special Features:
- We had great service but NOISY!ATheaterFanAgainDined on 6/20/2014Extremely loud, even Noisy mostly the kids, some the extra loud recorded music .. Great restrooms, but tiny! Enjoyed great service, tho the Diet COKE was not right ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/19/2014Menu is varied. Not just typical pub fare. Sandwiches we ordered were well prepared. Service was solid and attentive. Good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYCVistorDined on 5/30/2014We went for an early dinner before seeing a show and it was perfect! Service was quick, it wasn't that busy yet and the food was delicious! My husband had the rib eye steak and I had a walnut crusted salmon. Both were really good size portions and cooked perfectly. We were seated immediately and our service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good libations; iffy foodRingoEdgarDined on 5/19/2014Connolly's hits all the right notes for ambiance and drink . . . it's as close as one can get to an authentic Dublin pub in mid-town, although (thankfully) a lot less noisy. The only sour note is the food. The "Bangers & Mash", which is the reason I eat in pubs in the first place, was dreadful. The sausages were terribly overcooked and dry. I almost had to ask for a steak knife to cut them, whereas a self-respecting pub should serve them plump and moist. The potatoes and gravy were decent, but . . . egad . . . the dish was served with sautéed onions, not mashed peas! My table mates, who had other dishes, seemed reasonably satisfied with their food.
- Lunch with BFFCTVisitorDined on 5/17/2014Lovely lunch with friend before Broadway show - not rushed - waitress was very solicitious - good food and nice setting - would definitely return and recommend to friends/family.Special Features:
- Great city pubRustyDined on 5/14/2014We arrived at the pub early and had time for quiet conversation. Food was good and our waiter was very friendly. By the time we left it was a very happy place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeGoodTimeDined on 5/12/2014I held a corporate get together. Beer was cold Food was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good casual diningsandyDined on 5/10/2014We wanted a casual, moderately priced meal in the theatre district-Connolly's was recommended by a friend. While the downstairs was crowded and noisy, we were seated upstairs which was quieter. Service was friendly and accomodating. Menu is your basic pub food-burgers, salads, sandwiches and some specials. Everything was fresh, portions were large and all enjoyed their meal. In addition, we are able to sit for almost 90 minutes without interruption or annoyed looks. All in all, a very positive dining experience.Special Features:
- EnjoyableCityeatsDined on 5/3/2014The food was very good and the selections were great. Loved the appetizers and dinner was good. I had the fish and chips. The beverages, other than iced tea and not refillable. The service was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseBethieBooDined on 5/3/2014This Irish pub was delightful. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. The food was delicious and delivered quickly. We had a very pleasant lunch before going to a show.Special Features:
- Comfortable Lunch SpokatiDined on 4/26/2014We started out visit to Times Square at Connelly's for lunch .. It is a casual, comfortable place ..menu has a good variety of "pub food"., salads are delicious.. My chicken bruschetta was a little dry but okay.. Great location near the theaters, staff was friendly and attentive..we will definitely consider going there again..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingLoshieVIPDined on 4/20/2014We wanted to switch our table - no problem. Special order for the kitchen - no problem. Kind, attentive, accommodating.Special Features:
- Excellent mid-town value.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014My family (self, wife, three teen children) ate here for dinner prior to a Broadway show. All of the meals were delicious and were a superb value. It's rare to find a midtown restaurant with such high quality and affordability. The genuine Irish wait staff gave the restaurant a fun international atmosphere and there was a wide variety of patrons. This restaurant is able to blend both family-friendly quiet dining and yet also offers a vibrant bar scene. I would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed Connolly'sBetchickHarberDined on 4/18/2014The food was very good and on time, and Connolly's is only three blocks from the Sondheim Theatre, where after dining at Connolly's we saw "Beautiful: The Carole King Story." Both made for a very pleasant and memorable evening. Thanks!Special Features:
- Excellent SteaksBasiaVIPDined on 4/16/2014Very good experience. Located close to Times Square. We was hungry and tired. We reserved the table while we were on the tour bus and waled straight to our table an hour later. Very friendly staff. The food was delicious. Excellent steaks cooked to order. Our friends all had the onion soup which they said was fantastic. Reasonably priced for the location.Special Features:
- "Ive been to better pubskogsDined on 4/14/2014I've certainly been to better pubs for food and drink. Was very very disappointed in the food was definitely not to our liking at all. Never finished it. Had to return my drink for items in it and a dirty glass. Even after that the drinks were not up to par. Would not return again
- Surprise birthday dinnerFullBellyDined on 4/12/2014Did some research on this great find before going into NYC - reviews were dead-on. Service was great - fast, attentive (but not overwhelming). We had arrived almost 45 minutes early for our reservation...and they took us right away! Portions were good-sized but were very good - well worth the price. Irish stew was very good, bangers and mash were even better. Cheesecake was pretty good (only weaker spot). Definitely would come back.Special Features:
- Favorite on 45thOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2014We usually eat on the same street as the theater and we're happy when it is 45th. Menu is substantial and we're almost drooling as we try to make up our minds. The staff is very welcoming and it's nice to be remembered. We'll be back after the holidays.Special Features:
- Can't go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2014Burgers Salads and Beer in a comfortable atmosphere with a buzz. I would say this is dependable stop in a touristy area, that feels like a local spot. Menu is wider but did not experience. I would go back.
- Pre-Broadway show PERFECTION!JALNYCDined on 4/5/2014We had a delicious meal prior to see Matilda on Broadway. EXCELLENT food and great service! We can't wait to go back! We're hooked.Special Features: