Connie's Pizza in Bridgeport
2373 S. Archer Ave
Chicago, IL 60616Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Connie's Pizza in Bridgeport
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.conniespizza.com/
- Phone: 3123263443x321
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday & Monday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bardo Romero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer complete event coordination. Our Catering staff will be happy to offer assistance in menu selection, event planning, presentation, and any other special need. Our services include complete event management, customized event menus, wait staff, full rentals, complete bar service, in-house party locations and more...just call us and ask!
A word from Connie's Pizza in Bridgeport
Connie's Pizza on Archer Avenue is Chicago's best kept secret for delicious Italian dishes and of course, pizza. Our flagship location is an icon in Chicago’s Bridgeport neighborhood. Just minutes from the Loop, its spacious dining room can accommodate up to 400 people and has enough parking for everyone, but that's not all... Our delicious food is also available for catering any size party. Our professional management team will assist you with all of your catering needs. We can create a menu or you can create your own, choosing from selections of fresh salads, pastas with homemade sauces, signature sandwiches, our famous pizza and our desserts even Grandma would be jealous of!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Connie's Pizza in Bridgeport reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (8)neighborhood gem (7)special occasion (6)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Birthday partyopomDined on 10/12/2014My favorite pizza. Service was great. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food & atmosphere,bad serviceLustDined on 10/11/2014I went to celebrate my birthday and a couple things went wrong. The server forgot that my pasta was suppose to be baked & said she didn't hear me request it. I know she knew because she repeated it 2x. I usually have great service, but the server wasn't great that day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Fave PizzaveggiewheelsDined on 8/29/2014This is by far my favorite pizza place! I love the spinach-artichoke dip, they serve it with the best flat bread ever. I have tried it at other places, and it just doesn't compare. The free bread is very delicious too. The pizza is also amazing! I love the crust, the cheese, everything! The deep dish is my favorite, but the thin crust is also very good. The desserts are also good, I have tried several, and have never been disappointed. They have a great wine list with many choices. If you're in the mood for pizza or Italian, this is the place to go.Special Features:
- excellentlaurenjDined on 8/22/2014Everything was great, food, service, atmosphere. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressive Eaterywe4foodVIPDined on 8/17/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. I was immediately impressed by the physical space as it was both large and well designed and appointed. The staff were very courteous and friendly. We had the pizza (of course), however will try other dishes next time as they have a full menu. The pizza was delicious!Special Features:
- teachDined on 7/27/2014Our server was very attentive and helpful. All our food came as ordered without any problems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Polo diningPolodiningDined on 7/27/2014Will recommend this place to all my friends. It was an amazing experience. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to eatas50Dined on 7/25/2014great place. ive been eating here for 25 years now and my last visit reminded me of why i fell in love with connies all those years ago. our server Michael s. was awesome and super attentive. he had quite a few tables but he still managed to make us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday celebrationMGM3462Dined on 7/15/2014Connies is my husband's favorite restaurant in the old neighborhood, so celebrating his birthday there is a must! As always the food and service was spectacular, we had a reservation for 11, and when 15 showed up they had no problem accommodating us. Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- near sox parksuziqVIPDined on 7/6/2014great piza for after white sox game go online and get rsvp post game though gets crowded thank you to open table we were able to walk right in with a reservation made en route from the game! good pizza and italian specialtiesSpecial Features:
- The following 172 reviews are from the Connie's Pizza in Bridgeport reviews archive.
- very Nice place to dine inCherieCook1Dined on 6/17/2014the staff was friendly and kind, the food was very goog, i definately will return and recommend connie's Pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard food and reasonable pricesJandBVIPDined on 6/15/2014We did not order pizza. The salmon special was good, the coffee was bitter. The chicken salad was large and had a nice amount of shaved Parmesan cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/9/2014My husband and I go to Connie's Pizza in Bridgeport fairly often. We particularly like their beef sandwiches and their $10 pizzas with the coupon on Monday nights. I cannot remember our waiter's name but he was outstanding and we had a lovely time. Also, their start-out warm bread is divine. My cousin was visiting from Oregon and we stayed quite a long time after dinner and no one rushed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timegolfballsDined on 6/9/2014No complaints here. Food and service was great. The restaurant offers a free shuttle to Sox games that is very convenient.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014It has been a while since my last visit to Connie's, we ordered pizza with a mix onions, green peppers, sausage and cheese. I was frankly very disappointed. The pizza lacked taste.Special Features:
- Connie's is our Family SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/25/2014We always celebrate special occasions at Connie's on Archer. The food is great and it's the perfect place to take the grand children. The service is also awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationDecwDined on 5/25/2014Family Friendly, good ambiance, friendly staff. Could work on the quality of the food for big parties.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best chicago pizzaLuvpizzaDined on 5/24/2014Best place for any type of pizza...recommend highlySpecial Features:
- Love Bridgeport Connie'sluvthatbridgeportconniesDined on 5/23/2014Our grandson choose Connie's to go to after his Confirmation Mass. Although we got out of church quite late, Connie's was still able to accommodate our group. I was able to place our food order as we were leaving the church so that once we arrived at the restaurant we wouldn't have to wait very long to begin eating. That was great because after the two and a half hour mass, we couldn't wait to eat. Especially the warm fresh bread. The pizza, pasta, and salads were delicious. My family has celebrated special occasions for over 25 years. We love the atmosphere, food, service, the Patio & prices are reasonable too. Great place to socialize with your guests and not have to worry about anything. It's all taken care of.............Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014The staff was great. Although we had to wait even though we had a reservation, I will still recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodJodivDined on 5/16/2014have been going to Connies since I was a I was a teenager. I grew up and still live in bridgeport and can remember when this place was on 26th st. Still great food. love the icebox cake.. a must have after a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch tableOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/11/2014I was initially concerned about the time of our reservation because it was toward the end of the offered buffet. My first impression was that the buffet was messy and picked over, and I wished we had been able to be there earlier. I have to say that the staff did bring out new food to the stations and we certainly did not leave hungry. They cleaned up what they could during the time we were there. The food was very good and service was very good as usual. The mom's were all given flowers and the BloodyMary's were $3, but not that good.Special Features:
- Great Family PlaceHappyfattyDined on 4/24/2014We love going to this restaurant! Wether it may be with my husband or relatives from out of town, this is our definite 'go to' place! Great environment and very friendly staff. My family and I have created plenty of memories here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good QualityBettyDined on 3/15/2014I appreciated the friendliness and speed of all the employees but especially the waiter. He was quick with taking our orders, very polite, and never made a single mistake. The drink menu was very diverse and had many delicious beers, cocktails, margaritas, and wine to choose from. The pomegranate cocktail was divine and the flat bread pizza was outstanding. I enjoyed the feel of this place, it was relaxing and I enjoyed myself very much. The Bruschetta was good but in my opinion tasted too much like garlic. Overall, I had a great time with great food and drinks. I will definitely come back to Connie's soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/9/2014I had a great time; my party of 17 enjoyed the food and the service. My mom who usually doesn't eat pizza actually enjoyed eating and even said it was good. She is very picky when eating at restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and relaxing dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/3/2014This is just a very comfortable and fun restaurant to come to for relaxing and casual dining. Our favorites on the menu are the beef sandwiches and, of course, the pizza. They often have specials that we have loved too. The staff is so very welcoming and friendly with excellent service all of the time. And the warm bread that you start out with cannot be beat. My husband and I love to stop by after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's day dinnerfoodietopperDined on 2/14/2014It was a great dinner. Friendly staff and quick service.!Special Features:
- PerfectThekidsDined on 2/14/2014I made my reservations at noon online, I had movie tickets for 6:50pm. Reservations were for 4:30. My family and I arrived at the exact time. We had no wait, Alfonso was our waiter, he was very friendly, very attentive,the waiting time for our food was moderate. The seating was just perfect. It was in and out but not rushed, had dinner and dessert in time for our movie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atmosphere was relaxing, food outstOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/12/2014Atmosphere was relaxing, food outstanding and service was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family friendlyLadoDined on 2/7/2014Great dining place for the whole family. The menu offers something for everyone. Food is made with fresh ingredients and is always good. Good wine and beer selections. They are known for their pizza which is always a treat. The other meal selections the Connie's offer are just as good. It was a great place to spend on a Friday evening after a long week.Special Features:
- Celebrating Twins 14th B-DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2014Connie's on Archer was so accommodating. After a family outing, I called in our pizza order before our arrival due to it being Super Bowl Sunday, we anticipated a big crowd. When we arrived on time for our reservation for 14 people and saw noticed about 50 plus cars in the drive-through, fearing our food would be delayed. We were seated immediately and greeted by a wonderful server Jackie. I had a promotion code that allowed us discounts which the manager Edgar, also very helpful, allowed us to use it for our inside dining. We were even able to bring in birthday cupcakes which our server took two and added candles for the twins. They were so excited when the staff sang "Happy Birthday to them making their day even more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service, but....OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2014we were seated where there was a large draft. There were so busy they couldn't find us a new spot we ate with our coats on, and for sure didn't linger to chat. Other than that, the pizza was great. Had the flatbread build-your-own, which offers a wide variety of toppings. Service was good despite the traffic on a early sunday afternoon. Make reservations!Special Features:
- Reliable and RelaxedGDinesVIPDined on 1/3/2014We have been coming to this location for approximately 20 years and we always appreciate that the the food is good, the atmosphere casual and the range of dishes on the menu is suitable for classic Italian but other dishes as well. Ideal for families and groups. That being said, probably not for an intimate evening out and regardless, expect kids surrounding you, and larger parties, so prepare for a bit of noise. But we come back, and our young adult kids even request it as a place for us to grab a nice dinner…probably brings back family dinner memories! It can be quite busy on weekends; making an open table reservation is a nice option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okaychitownyummyDined on 12/31/2013the service at Connie's on Archer was great-waitress very friendly and attentive; however I just prefer other places for deep dish pizza. The proportions of sauce to cheese is just not to my liking. It didn't help that one slice of our pizza had an entire half of a green pepper on it---not sliced--just a big half of a green pepper plopped on it---someone was careless in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Great PizzaFlamingoVIPDined on 12/18/2013A truley hoppin place on a Wednesday night before Christmas. Waited 5 minutes to be seated, but there were several large groups, one with 11 and the other with 60+ ( HS student band from Japan having Chicago-style pizza), making their way through to their tables. Pizza was excellent! Service was good, even though the place was packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Pizza in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2013I have been eating Connie's Pizza for my entire life. It's always been outstanding pizza, and other specialties are great as well! The restaurant is HUGE - with booths along the outside for privacy and big tables in the middle for larger groups. The service is very good and there's a big patio for outside dining during the summer months. I live in the suburbs now, and it's always a treat when we come into the city to get Connie's for dinner.Special Features:
- always greatNKChicagoDined on 12/14/2013We have been going to Connies since the 70's. Great pizza...wonderful service. the pizza is served fresh from the oven so it's always piping hot. Servers are most helpful and never grumpySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2013I have been visiting this Connie's on Archer and it's previous location on 26th street from back in the late 70's or early 80's. I am too old to remember for sure! I remember the fireplace in the original Connie's and the crowds every night. What has always stayed the same is the quality of their pizza and its ingredients. Their middleweight pizza is their original and my favorite. I love the real pieces of sausage you will find on the pizza as well as any other ingredients you choose. Their bread is delicious. If you have never tried Connie's you must come to this location at least once. Reservations are accepted and I recommend them. My wife and Icame here for her birthday by her request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food good memoriesoluisDined on 10/19/2013Always good food good memories will always go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place eat and relax.moisesDined on 10/13/2013Servers are very friendly and professional. Food is always hot and delicious. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.