Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/Islands-of-Adventure/Confisco.aspx
- Phone: (407) 224-4012
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Thursday, Sunday: Character Breakfast: 9:00am - 10:30am; Lunch Daily 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Steven Jayson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Turkey Lake Rd
- Public Transit: Lynx public transportation along with Mears taxis.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure
As explorers, merchants, adventurers and travelers from around the globe pass through Universal’s Islands of Adventure's Port of Entry® they not only bring with them strange and unusual items – frequently confiscated and put on display by the local authorities – but also delightful and exotic dishes which you'll find on the menu at Confisco Grille®. Confisco's chefs have incorporated tastes from around the world. You'll find Italian, Mexican, Asian, Greek, and American inspired dishes including grilled sandwiches, burgers, salads, fajitas, ribs, pizza and pasta, plus full bar service. A children's menu is available. On select days Confisco Grille is the setting for Character Breakfasts featuring many of your favorite Islands of Adventure theme park characters. Adjacent to Confisco Grille is the Backwater Bar, a tropical dive where you can enjoy cocktails and appetizers while you trade tales of your day's adventures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (26)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Good food at a Good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013We dined for lunch at the Confisco Grill with a large group. We were served quickly, and the food was very good. We spent about $45 less than we did dining at the Plaza restaurant at Disney, and the selection on the menu was better! Definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Fun Outdoor DiningTeriroseVIPDined on 12/17/2013My husband and I did enjoy our lunch. I was disappointed that my order was not correct after I was very specific about NOT wanting pickles, lettuce and tomato. The lettuce and tomato could be taken off. The pickle juice leaking into my hamburger could not. Yuck! There was little seasoning on the hamburger. Enjoyed the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great serviceBesheroDined on 11/28/2013When you go there ask for Pablo he's a wonderful waiter. He is knowledgeable about all the foods that are on the menu and he is very friendly he will go over and beyond to accommodate you for anything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Restaurant at Universal StudiomkatVIPDined on 11/14/2013My husband and I had lunch here while visiting the theme park. We selected the place based on the fact that it offers sonewhat healthier menu items. We had the hummus which was delicious and the greek salad which was pretty good. I would score the service higher as our server was pretty good, but she took over 10 minutes to bring us change when we were trying to leave. We watched her take orders from two large groups while we waited for change. She should have gotten our change first then take orders from the other tables.Special Features:
- Surprising Food Adventure @ IOAfrannybabesDined on 11/9/2013Arrived for an early lunch and were seated promptly and pleasantly by staff. Quickly approached by wait staff to take drink orders and told us about specials and popular food choices. Ordered Artichoke Spinach appetizer...the bread is too heavy for this dish so the waitress realized we were not eating it and replaced the bread dippers with pita (nice accommodation); daughter had pizza which was a good (not NY pizza, but good); I had the Thai Pad noodles which were excellent. The ambiance was nice escape for a theme park and food was better than expected (real restaurant food at a theme park...who would have thought).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but understaffed kitchensobefoodiesVIPDined on 10/26/2013This place is a wonderful restaurant to get off your feet and be waited on vs. waiting in line at a counter restaurant. But even though there were many empty tables there was still a wait to be seated. The hostess informed us it was because the kitchen was backed up. Its a shame because the food is great. The kitchen should be staffed to handle the masses. If you dont mind waiting a bit for the food to arrive then its worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I think the food was excellentRoseDined on 9/25/2013I think the food was excellent and would definitely eat there again!!!!!Special Features:
- Good foodLeefaDined on 8/24/2013The food was very good . The service was very good. The menu was good . The price was good. The only problems were our resavation. We book the in advanced and ask to sit In the middle of the restaurant . The place was not busy at all . They made us wait 20 min, while taking in walkin And sat them first. The hostess seemed a little bit scattered.Special Features:
- great stop in the park!SpunkeybirdDined on 8/10/2013If you need a break from the crazy. This is the place to go and sit!Special Features:
- Islands of adventure lunchTophatDined on 7/31/2013Good place for a sit down meal - nothing fancy but great to re- charge batteries and get out the searing heat. Food good and service fine (after we made a minor complaint abut time to be welcomed and get first drink. There had been a communication breakdown. All in all our family of 5 seemed happySpecial Features:
- Great food for a theme parkTravellerBrazilDined on 7/21/2013We had the burguers and they were delicious, much better than any other theme park foods we ate during our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2013While at Universal we had the one table service plan per day...we decided to try this restaurant. It was wonderful. 4 out of 5 of us had the fajita dinner. One of us had the turkey sub. It was plenty. The kids 11,13,14 all ate well. My husband can eat and he was stuffed. The staff was super friendly!! Loved our waitress. Would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMissCarlaDined on 7/11/2013Had the House Special Pad Thai and it was simply to die for. My husband and our 13 year old son both had fajitas and they said they were yummy.Special Features:
- ok theme park mealpjd65Dined on 6/23/2013Definitely a step up from the fast food offerings at Islands of Adventure. Ok meal. Prices about what you would expect. Pretty good service. Good choice for dinner if you are spending the whole day at the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner experienceRidersDined on 6/19/2013Expected a lot more from this restaurant. Don't recommended for dinner restaurant would be good for a quick bit to eat. Chicken sandwich I ordered was not that great. The size of the chicken for my sandwich very small the bun was bigger than the meat. I personally would not go back there are plenty of other better restaurants to select from.Special Features:
- Kid friendlyPartyof6Dined on 6/19/2013We stopped in the afternoon in the middle of our theme park day,it was such a good break, the kids loved their milk shakes, the hummus appetizer with the fresh bread was excellent. Everyone was helpful and smiling and pleasant. Special thanks to our table server / waitress who made it a smooth and pleasant experience with four kids. The food was great , we ordered American and it tasted good and freshly prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as I thoughtchrisDined on 6/9/2013Food was super quick to come out which meant it was sitting out, cold and felt like it was microwaved. Did not at all seem to look or taste as menu described it.
- FineDinnerdinerDined on 6/8/2013Fine, ok for what you get. Server was avg but not attentive. Portions were avg. they changed our reservation without telling is and made it impossible to get in touch with them.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under staffed on a holiday weekendOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/25/2013We had a 6:00 pm rervation arrived at 5;45 and were seated promptly, our server "Pablo" was quick with the drinks and very personable. We ordered 4 items, two kids chicken tenders, combo fajitas and a Caesar salad. We ordered as soon as the drinks were returned to the table but waited for over 50 minutes for chicken fingers and another 10 minutes for a salad and fajitas. Pablo was apologetic explaining that the kitchen was understaffed and had a lot of new people. We did receive a 15% discount and dessert for the whole family. In all the atmosphere is nice and servers were nice, the kitchen needs to get it together, memorial weekend you would expect to have huge crowds at a theme park.
- Gluten friendly, above average foodpamd3313VIPDined on 5/25/2013My husband has Celiac Disease and we notified the head chef at Universal prior to our arrival. He was so excited to have a gluten free roll with his hamburger. The service was spectacular, the food was above average, and the kids loved it. Our tour guide for the day ate with us and commented that she had never eaten there before, and that it was her new favorite place for lunch in the park.Special Features:
- Terrible food, horrible serviceColleenDined on 5/18/2013Orders appetizers, asked that they come first. They actually came after the meal items we ordered. I ordered chicken wings were told they were mild to medium heat. My friends like theirs hot hot. Mine were hotter than what they like. My friend got chicken Quesadillas...virtually no chicken inside and what few pieces were there were dry and over cooked. Another friend got frajitas...chicken over cooked and had to ask for tortillas. No place settings, had to ask for that. Just poorly run, poorly prepared and cooked food. Overall a really bad experience. Would never go back. Actually explains now why it wasn't busy at 5:00.
- Good food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013Have been eating here for years and have never been disappointed. Great place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY NICE MOTHER'S DAY DINNERTHEMEPARKDINERDined on 5/12/2013I would definitely recommend this restaurant while visiting Islands of Adventure. The food was very good and came in a pretty decent size portion. The Confisco Signature Burger was very tasty. It looked to be a popular dish since I noticed a few other people around us was also ordering it. The service was very friendly and smiled all the time. The restaurant had a happy atmosphere with service that seemed to care about you having a good meal. The theme to the restaurant also reminds me of the "Lost Continent" part of the park. This was my second visit here and I would definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Relaxing DetourOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013If you are visiting Universal Studios IOA and feel like a full service meal, you can't do any better than Confisco Grille. Moderate prices, good service and yummy food. Air conditioning felt good on a hot day and we were able to use our Universal cups to get discounted drinks. They were able to accommodate a gluten free order without any problem. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No food served for over an hour.sobefoodiesVIPDined on 5/5/2013We picked this restaurant in Universal's Island of Adventure because the patio is a gorgeous place to sit at. The menu offers something for everyone. But....an hour passed after ordering our food....no food....no waitress (Linda) in site. She came by once and was surprised our food hadn't arrived. But 30 min later no food and no Linda with any explanation. We had to hunt down the manager who tried to get us our food. Finally when it did arrive it was cold and seemed like it had been made awhile ago. So we don't understand why. Ian the manager comped our entire bill but we would have rather paid for a hot meal served in less time.
- I dont want to review it.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/4/2013I dont want to review it. It was a very average forgettable place.Special Features:
- Get the hummus!!FeistierDined on 5/3/2013We were pleasantly surprised !! Order the hummus, what a treatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved the Reese's milkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/21/2013We loved the Reese's milk shakes. Food was average, met expectations. The view was great!Special Features:
- Great in park dining optionFrequentdinerVIPDined on 4/5/2013Great in park dining option if you are not wanting to tie up a bunch of time leaving the park. Very quick friendly service and good options for kids.
- Great Family ResturantCountryboyDined on 4/4/2013It was our first visit to Confisco's. We found the food and service to be excellent. We enjoyed it very much. We plan to eat there again on our vacation next year.Special Features:
- Comfisco? No, no!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2013Bad experience. Wait staff was slow. Food not as ordered. Bun stale. Waiter "doubled up" duties with the table next to ours making it seem as though we were one party. We won't return.
- Wouldn't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/2/2013Server was nice but pretty clueless as to who ordered what. Had to ask for drink refills every time. One member of party ordered fajitas and hot part came but not the cold part. Was told by the person who served us that our server would bring the cold part. Couldn't find server for serveral minutes in order to receive this. Food temp was room temp. Took a long time for server to come to table to take order. Saw many tables around us be seated, get their food and finish before we received our food. Not a large party, only 5 people. Disappointed for price of food and experience with the park.
- March madness at Islands of AdventuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Great "theme park" meal. We had a late lunch... My daughters grilled Salmon was terrific! I had a half sandwich/soup combo. It was pretty good.Special Features:
- Jayson was very friendly!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Our waiter, Jayson, was very friendly and nice, but he got our order incorrect and three different staff got involved in getting things resolved, which seemed quite excessive. In looking at the menu it said that if you wanted to add a salad to a sandwich it would cost $2.99, so I and the rest of my family, asked for a salad to be added. Instead, Jayson thought we wanted a salad instead of fries, which isn't even an option on the menu. It seemed odd to me. I appreciate that the mini salads we were given were not included on our bill, but I think it was a silly error and didn't need so many staff involved. The two meals we ate in the theme park restaurants (Confisco's and Finnigans) had issues.Special Features:
- Restaurant needs some enhancementsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Restaurant needs some enhancements to ambiance. Green and blue chairs with brown tables was hideous. We had a reservation but had to wait 15 minutes for a table. Hostess staff was not particularly friendly, nor was our waitress. Food was pretty good but I would not go back. It took a long time to get served. Place seemed overall hectic and disorganized.Special Features:
- Poorly runOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Poorly run. Not even packed and we were informed kitchen was backed up. Food cold. Chaos for seating.
- Service was not good. We hadMichelleDined on 3/23/2013Service was not good. We had a large group of 15 and we all got our food at different times. When we did get our food it was not hot. Plus we made reservations because they could accomodate the large group. They set up in two booths and one long table. We all didn't get to sit together anyway. Should have made reservations somewhere else!
- I think the waiter/tablesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013I think the waiter/tables ratio of this restaurant is unbalanced. Our waitress was overwhelmed by other custimer's demands and couldn't give us the attention we needed.Special Features:
- Nice to be able to sit andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Nice to be able to sit and relax. Good to see management going out of their way to make sure we were satisfied. Food presented very well.Special Features:
- So accommodating to specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2013So accommodating to special dietary needs. Very helpful staff. Many delicious items on the menu to choose from.Special Features: