Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: https://www.universalorlando.com/Restaurants/Islands-of-Adventure/Confisco.aspx
- Phone: (407) 224-4012
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Thursday, Sunday: Character Breakfast: 9:00am - 10:30am; Lunch Daily 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Steven Jayson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Turkey Lake Rd
- Public Transit: Lynx public transportation along with Mears taxis.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure
As explorers, merchants, adventurers and travelers from around the globe pass through Universal’s Islands of Adventure's Port of Entry® they not only bring with them strange and unusual items – frequently confiscated and put on display by the local authorities – but also delightful and exotic dishes which you'll find on the menu at Confisco Grille®. Confisco's chefs have incorporated tastes from around the world. You'll find Italian, Mexican, Asian, Greek, and American inspired dishes including grilled sandwiches, burgers, salads, fajitas, ribs, pizza and pasta, plus full bar service. A children's menu is available. On select days Confisco Grille is the setting for Character Breakfasts featuring many of your favorite Islands of Adventure theme park characters. Adjacent to Confisco Grille is the Backwater Bar, a tropical dive where you can enjoy cocktails and appetizers while you trade tales of your day's adventures.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (26)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (5)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- It's time for a remodel, but food was decent.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2014Universal Studios isn't really known for its great food, but Confisco was decent. I ordered pizza, which had a really sweet sauce, but was okay. The desserts were tasting cups and were also okay, nothing to really race about. The server was pleasant. The building is in bed of a remodel. The table we are sat had had water on one chair and a toothpick, I just thought the chair hadn't been cleaned and swapped it for another one. I quickly learned that want the case as water began dropping on my head from the ceiling. I then saw water doing in other places around the restaurant. If you are tired of burgers and hotdogs offered at other universal restaurants and don't want to leave the park, then I'd say give it a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great stop at Universal OrlandoluckypieDined on 10/29/2014Went to celebrate a birthday at Universal Orlando and had lunch here on the outdoor patio. The burgers were awesome, second only to the amazing service by Claude, our waiter.Special Features:
- food2lovefood2loveDined on 10/28/2014We make sure to eat at Confisco's when ever we are in Florida the food is outstanding we have had numerous dishes there, An Adventure in Fajitas, Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Croissant Moon Club Sandwich to name a few. The food is full of flavor and the staff is always friendly. The prices are very reasonable, it's a nice place to sit and relax during a long hot day in the park.Special Features:
- So bad I wanted to cryFLFoodie2014Dined on 10/24/2014Every other table received bread we did not. We order the sangria and the wine was so cheap and bad, it seem like it had been open for months. The shrimp scargot was boiled shrimp cover with hard cheese....and cold bread..the bread seem like an after thought. The fajita(s) were okay but only came with garnishments usually they come with spanish rice and refried beans. The garnishments were frozen (cheese and gaucamole had ice crystals in them). For the price of the food which was high the quality of food was lower than Taco Bell. But the Food at Taco Bell is at least good. We left the restaurant and had to spend addtional money for a meal worth eating.
- Great lunch break from the parkLuv2EATDined on 10/14/2014We ate here for lunch. We had a reservation so we were seated immediately. We were given menus and drink orders were taken. I had chicken fajitas and my husband had their French dip- both were great! It was a fantastic break from the craziness of the park and we left full, happy and ready to tackle some more park! Great service and food!Special Features:
- Nice find at a theme park!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/17/2014Enjoyable early dinner out with the family as we were winding down our day at Universal. Enjoyed the food as well as the ambience. Not too pricey and a great variety to choose from on the menu. Everyone loved what they ordered, especially the kids! Would definitely go back again next time we visit.Special Features:
- Why I choose to eat at Confisco'sLoRenDined on 9/1/2014Confisco's has a warm and friendly environment. The servers are Great... Ashley & Linda are always on the top of their game when I visit. The food is moderately priced and always delicious! Whenever visiting Island's of Adventure it is on the list to stop in.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Really enjoyed the meal. Quick and friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- Great spot for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014This restaurant was great to cool off and have a delicious lunch that both parents and kids can enjoy. We loved it and would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Not a huge fanmisskiss89VIPDined on 8/14/2014This restaurant had a nice ambiance but the food was mediocre. My husband ordered the wings which were definitely the best thing we tried but my fajitas were just blah and they were decently expensive. Would recommend this restaurant to families with small children.Special Features:
- The following 128 reviews are from the Confisco Grille at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews archive.
- LoveLoRenDined on 7/27/2014Love the food, love the atmosphere, love the service! Open table allows my party to enjoy dining a Confisco with minimal wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waitress too busyBadchoiceDined on 7/26/2014We had reservations at 6pm as I was told we would need them as they get really busy and you could wait for hours to get a table. Terrible waitress had her mind on sitting down at neighboring table chatting with patrons. Didn't offer us drink menu what specials were or if we wanted a dessert. Was in a hurry to take our order then didn't get it all correct. Would walk by our table and not ask if we needed refills and of course we did, as cups were empty or close to being empty. Had to flag her down for items we needed. Oh by the way did I say the restaurant was over half empty so it wasn't like she was busy. Would NEVER recommend this place.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014We went for lunch and the restaurant was very nice and food was great. A nice change from fast food. Prices were good alsoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allergy friendlyNorwayDined on 7/13/2014My two daughters cannot eat food containing gluten or dairy. This we told the very understanding and helpful waiter. She checked with the chef and we ended up ordering the signature burger for them. Though without cheese and BBQ sause which we were told contained dairy. The bun had corn starch ( no wheat starch) and was ok. No fries through as they are fried in the same fryer as the onion rings, chicken nuggets and other battered foods. A nice fruit platter instead. The food was delicious and looked great too :-) Thanks for a very good lunch; the best gluten free burger ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth it.VinnyBDined on 7/8/2014Went for dinner with family and friends. Not the greatest experience. The staff was friendly, but not well trained. Some of us had burgers and fries. The food was brought to the table, but there was no ketchup. I asked for some, but the waitress never came back. Finally I took a bottle from another table. When the waitress finally came back 15 minutes later she seemed annoyed that we already had the ketchup. The food was edible at best. My daughter had a veggie burger that looked and tasted like cardboard. We weren't sure if they had cooked it or not. Don't waste your time or money here. We had a similar experience at Lombard's Seafood restaurant in universal. The only restaurant in universal that is worth it is Mythos.Special Features:
- Great menu, poor serviceyogabbagabbajoDined on 6/21/2014We had a group of 9 for the first reservation spot we could get that day. Fun interior and great menu, but it took way too long to get our food out. Even our server was apologizing for the wait without us bringing it to her attention. The soda was very watered down. Once the food got to our table it was very good, but at that point our kids were getting irritated having to wait and overly hungry. Groups larger and smaller than ours that were seated after ours not only received their food, but were finished before we received ours at all.Special Features:
- Love ConfiscoLoRenDined on 6/15/2014The atmosphere is light and energetic. The servers are always friendly and attentive! We enjoy our lunches there and the food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2014very disappointed very dark and was placed right by the door. very unfortunate since i made the reservations a while back food ok
- Nice lunchmeliDined on 4/19/2014We had a nice lunch here while visiting Universal Islands of Adventure. The food was very good! It took a while to get the food to us.. But we had a a couple glasse of wine, French dip sandwich, southwest chicken wrap and southwest salad and kids enjoyed chicken fingers and penne pasta. Then we headed back out for more adventure .Special Features:
- Very adaptableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014This restaurant was very accommodating. I was on a particular diet and they went above and beyond to prepare my meal deliciously and healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Theme Park GemPamDBDined on 4/15/2014We ate at Confisco Grille during a recent vacation to Universal's Island of Adventure. It was clean, quiet, and and nice break from the busy park. Our waiter was a happy fellow who was very attentive. The food and cold beer was very good. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/14/2014Service was very poor. The waiter couldn't bother to check or refill waters or beverages. The restaurant was empty so there was no excuse of being busy. Very disappointed!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentJensgroupDined on 4/4/2014Wonderful food, great value and awesome service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timeruniversalnewbyDined on 4/4/2014this was the best restaurant in Islands of Adventure. don't miss this oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'd go back!Niner4LifeDined on 3/27/2014Our family of four (including picky vegetarian teen) all enjoyed our lunch. We were already talking about what we'd order the next time we come to Islands of Adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ServiceTracyDined on 3/27/2014The food and ambience of the restaurant were great, but what made the difference to us was our server, Chris. He was outstanding! He was super attentive and took impeccable care of us. He is to be commended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confisco grillRealtormomDined on 3/24/2014We had a great lunch. The 6 of us were able to get choices that fit our individual tastes. The wings were particularly delicious. The salad was also good and plentiful. Everyone was glad that I made the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never had a bad meal here.repeatguestVIPDined on 3/19/2014The title says it all. That's why I keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice varietyBarneyVIPDined on 3/15/2014We had lunch at Confisco last Saturday. The menu was very diverse which sometimes can be a bad sign, however, the restaurant pulled off all the dishes very well. The food was delicious and the service attentive.Special Features:
- Amusement Park BreakDennisfromthewoodlandsDined on 3/12/2014Nice break from amusement park activities and fast food. Good service and excellent food. Prices were reasonable and atmosphere very pleasant.Special Features:
- Universal dining planOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/12/2014This restaurant is part of the table service dining plan at universal. What a rip off this is. The plan cost $25 more for the table than the just the quick service plan. So for the four of us, we paid an extra $100 for a bill that was only $62. That means we lost $38 on the deal. Plus it felt like a quick services meal. The choices of food were average. Rather disappointed in this restaurant. I've done the Disney dining plan many times, and this restaurant is no Disney restaurant. Do better if you want to compete with them.Special Features:
- Food not cookedcougar88Dined on 2/15/2014Ordered the knife and fork Meatball sandwich, the hamburg was raw. Ended up getting comp for the meal but it was still a huge disappointment.Special Features:
- Good food/reasonably pricedRebkahDined on 1/22/2014Food was good, they were very accommodating. One of the few meals we had at one of the parks that didn't cost an arm and leg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantUniversalDadDined on 1/18/2014I made the reservation for Confisco Grille while standing in line for one of the rides via my iPhone. It was easy, and when we got there we waited maybe 10 mins for the table to be cleared and were seated. The food was good, atmosphere was great but the place was busy so we did wait a bit for service. Overall we were in and out in 1-hour and we took our time.Special Features:
- great New Year's EvegrandmotherDined on 12/31/2013We really enjoyed our evening here. Had a very large group, 13, and your staff handled everything beautifully. will come back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was mediocre at best.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/31/2013Food was mediocre at best. The most disappointing of the many restaurants tried at Universal.
- Universal studios better optionSleepdocDined on 12/30/2013Sit down service at universal islands of adventure was so much better than the meal deal that we had suffered through on our last visit. The food was good. reasonable value. wait staff was friendly and competent. This being said, universal really doesn't have the quality offered by Disney and the ambience doesn't come close. Service and competence at Disney is light years ahead. Also the food choices in sit down dining at Disney are really excellent , even Disney fast food is higher quality. The lines were so long at the rides that we came early for this meal as we wouldn't have made it if we went for another ride and waited 90-120 minutesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- accomodates gluten allergyNolaGirlDined on 12/29/2013The food was really great for an amusement park! I liked that they were accommodating to a gluten allergy and listed all menu items that could be made gluten free. I really appreciated the knowledge of the chefs and the server to accommodate my allergy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceMIDineDined on 12/25/2013We loved the many variations in menu choices and the service was great! Would highly recommend this restaurant for those visiting Islands of Adventure.Special Features:
- Cold, but invitingMicmouseDined on 12/25/2013The food and service were great. My only complaint was that the restaurant was VERY cold!!!! So cold, we were shakingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.