Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.compassarizona.com/
- Phone: 6024403166
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Vaccaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Compass Arizona Grill has a lounge area with the same fabulous views that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a private reception-style function. The area can also be used for a sit-down dinner for 50 - 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marcie Snook-Cook 6024403166x
- Special Events: Reverse Happy Hour- 9 pm to 11 pm - Sun-Thu
$5 House Wine
$5 Well Drinks
$7 Signature Cocktail of the Day
- Cross Street: 2nd & Adams
- Public Transit: Light rail stop at 3rd ST & Washington when heading Westbound or Central & Adams when heading Eastbound
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 2 hours complimentary parking in Regency Parking Garage, located on west side of 2nd Street between Washington and Adams - Be sure to bring your parking ticket to the Compass for validation.
A word from Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
The Compass Restaurant is the only rooftop-revolving restaurant in all of Arizona. They offer breathtaking views, mouthwatering food and impeccable service. Celebrate each and every holiday with the Compass Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (144)special occasion (127)romantic (117)notable wine list (41)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (20)late-night find (18)hot spot (14)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Amazing.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014I absolutely loved this restaurant. The view, of course, was great, overlooking the city. The service was outstanding, our waitress was very kind, sweet and outgoing. Her name was Jerry, not sure how she spells it but it sounded like that. The food was phenomenal and exceeded all expectations. Although it is a bit on the expensive side, it's reasonable because of the great food & service. I enjoyed my dinner date there. It has quite the romantic kind of feel to it, and that's why I chose it to propose to my girlfriend! All of the staff there were congratulating us and being very kind. We both loved it all around. I would (and have already) recommended it to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Went to compass room for anniversary and my girlfriend (wifey) and myself loved it. I surprised her by taking her there and she immediately thanked me. The view was amazing as the sun set and the food and drinks were amazing too. Would definitely recommend it to my other friends and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our appetizer was really salty. The worste part was the main course I ask for a steak mediam rare it came out completely raw. I ate 1/4 and asked for a box so I could grill it at home.
- Rotating Restaurantaps123VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our kids love to come here for the view from the top of the building. They love rotating around looking at the city. Food is fine. Service was a little slow. Not good for kids unless they have good manners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The compass AZ grillBobbaganoosh81Dined on 8/24/2014Amazing food. Fantastic service. Priced for the masses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and enjoyableAmbi730Dined on 8/24/2014The food was fantastic and the view was gorgeous. We were able to see downtown Phoenix at night. I would like to go again at sunset to catch a different viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentnomnotesDined on 8/23/2014We went here to celebrate my 19 year old's birthday! He loves the urban lifestyle. He was in awe. It brought out conversation from him like I've never heard before. He loved the view, the food, the fanciness......he's a waiter at a small Mexican restaurant and really was asking the waitress lots of questions......she was so genuine and nice! We got an awesome table by the window as requested thru Open Table. Everything was perfect! Definitely a great spot for special occasion dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timebigdadDined on 8/22/2014Good food, good atmoshpere, very unique, great service. It must be roundtables system but I clicked on 8-23 at 8pm and I get an email stating I made reservations not for next weekk like I had clicked on but that night. So I received an email asking me why I had missed the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's only worth the viewSMO4985Dined on 8/21/2014It's great for the view and that's about it. The dining room is dated and the lobby area looks cheap. Our server was very nice and pleasant though we waited over 5 minutes for water. I ordered two glasses of rose and they came out in very small, short flutes. Not terribly elegant. The food is mediocre at best. We were each served only one small piece of corn bread (not very generous) with butter and a side of course salt. The salt was peculiar. We both had the filet, it was fine. For dessert we had the creme brûlée trio, classic, chocolate, and orange. It was served in a dated, divided S curve vessel (about 10 years out of fashion). The orange tasted artificial, like a creamsicle. Skip dinner here- go for a drink and enjoy the view!Special Features:
- Not what I was expecting at all.MetalSamamonDined on 8/18/2014I'm not one to usually go to fancy restaurants, but for my birthday I wanted to try something different. I've stayed at the Hyatt hotel in downtown Phoenix a few times before, but this was my first time going to the Compass Grill; at the top of the hotel. It was my birthday & I informed them of this when I made my reservation. The seating was nice and the view was amazing, but the restaurant turns incredibly slowly; maybe a full revolution once an hour. There was two people in our party and we ordered our food; two steaks (one well done with no pink). It came out 'medium' at best. Also there was no side option other than asparagus. Staff came around seldomly. Bacon on lettuce wedge salad was old and full of grease. Wouldn't go there again.Special Features:
- alucas0889Dined on 8/18/2014Jerry made our experience so amazing. She was attentive and funny. She made our anniversary the best evening ever! The food and drinks were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencechancecindyDined on 8/16/2014Best spot for a special romantic dinner. Everyone was pleasant and the food was excellent. And the view was spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is 5 Star Worthy!GuestDined on 8/15/2014Our service was impeccable. From what I observed, the staff was very attentive to our table and all others! Incredibly on point, throughout the evening. If we return, it would be for the scenic view and the wonderful staff. From the start, even the hostess was very friendly and kind. Note to kitchen: the GF chicken is too small for the price of the plate! Also, the mustard sauce in the potato salad needs to be scaled back! It was too tart; and hard to eat the potatoes and green beans, with all that mustardy sauce all over the plate. I scraped the sauce off, just to eat the veggies. A small House salad should be offered with dinner! My guest's Filet was undercooked, even for Filet Mignon; needed a few more minutes under the broiler!Special Features:
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Went to take my special lady for our anniversary and when we ordered our desert, it was brought out to us and we were congratulated on our milestone and it was written in the desert. A nice touch to a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st year married anniversaryMarphanieDined on 8/11/2014I came here to dine for our anniversary for a romantic and quiet setting but did not turn up being the case. There was a big group of people facing us as we were on the edge table and were very talkative. I had to asked to be moved especially since another group right next to them were handing awards, clapping, so obviously being very loud. I was not a big fan of the layout with having people face you with their seating arrangement, but the move was certainly an improvement. My other complaint was how under-cooked the filet mignon was for my wife, though my new new york strip was done right. We both asked for it to be done medium-rare plus which is closer to medium than rare. I think the issue was with her cut being a lot thicker though.Special Features:
- Best View in the ValleyBabalou64Dined on 8/10/2014It is always such a relaxing dinner experience. I always start with a glass of wine and take in the beauty of the Phoenix skyline and beyond.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many Years changesspecialonlyDined on 8/10/2014Too Bad so many high buildings ruined the original views came here in the 70's "perfect"!Special Features:
- A night to rememberNostalgiaDined on 8/9/2014We had dinner with close friends who would be leaving the US for about 5 weeks; a chance to celebrate together. The bar selections satisfied all at the table, and the menu items plentiful to make the fussiest among us happy. Our server was superb, and we left the restaurant feeling well taken care of. This restaurant has been in our "favorite" portfolio for more than 30 years. We wish the Sunday brunch would return, but understand the challenges. Thank you Compass Room!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ExperiencealgeaDined on 8/2/2014Friendly service, great food and an amazing view. A place I plan to visit for my next special occasion.Special Features:
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014I really wish I could remember her name, see was an amazing waitress and great at reccomendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic date nightFoodDivasLittleSisterDined on 8/1/2014With views of the city that are surpassed only by their food, the Compass is the perfect fit when you have something special to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We had a lovely time at the Compass Arizona Grill. The view is the big draw for this restaurant, although the food is good and the menu is varied. It is an excellent special occasion place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary spotGreatDiningDined on 7/28/2014My wife and I have celebrated 2 anniversaries at the compass so far, and will definitely be back. Romantic, quiet atmosphere; friendly, professional service; excellent food and great views make for a good time! Keep it up Compass Grill!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014We had filet mignon and asparagus which were excellent. However we were shocked at my $8.00 salad, which consisted of a cut wedge of iceberg lettuce, 3 grape tomatoes cut in half and 2 cold strips of bacon on the side. My 12 year old makes better saladsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views&service-not great foodAZ322Dined on 7/20/2014We first entered and immediately loved the views, we arrived just at sunset BEAUTIFUL! The hostess and wait staff were very attentive and friendly, the atmosphere and ambiance was quiet with just the perfect low lighting- It sets a wonderful mood for any occasion. We were impressed with the menu choices and then the food was served...Not so good the Sea Bass was not cooked well and the flavor was nonexistent. The New York Steak left so much to be desired, lacking in texture and flavor...It had to be drench it in sauce to eat. We wanted to love this place it fits everything we were looking for with views and atmosphere...It's quite unfortunate that the food was so poor.Special Features:
- Perfect Evening Starting PlaceScottsdaledinerDined on 7/20/2014This restaurant is a perfect way to begin an evening in down town Phoenix. We had a lovely dinner, with exceptional service and a gorgeous view. After dinner we had a short walk to our venue. We enjoyed our show, walked back to the Hyatt and our car was waiting for us at Valet Parking. We avoided the large crowds and enjoyed the evening walk. This is our favorite routine for seeing shows in Phoenix.Special Features:
- It's A Grill - Get The Steak!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The view at sunset was lovely - So interesting to watch the landscape change as the sun goes down (remember your sunglasses)! Small plaques on the wall describing the view as we rotated were a wonderful touch. The flat bread and duck tostada appetizers were WONDERFUL. Those in our party who ordered steak or salmon REALLY enjoyed their meals. My daughter had Beef Bolognese - nothing special. I had the cheese-stuffed eggplant: Disappointing - the eggplant was fibrous and hard to cut or chew. The dish was mostly cheese with just a thin eggplant covering, and not much taste. I was also disappointed they did not have the wine I wanted. My $40 birthday cake was okay, but our server's birthday serenade was the highlight - great service overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChachiDined on 7/19/2014Great place to get a great 360 view of Phoenix. The staff is friendly from the hostess to the wait staff. Our waiter even gave us a complimentary desert to take home since we were too full to have one at the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulJanzyDined on 7/19/2014Loved the view. Staff attentive and courteous. Sea bass was delicious. Husband's steak was okay. Nice place to bring out-of-town guests. Would defininently go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyable but could be better.CustomerserviceopinionDined on 7/18/2014Hostest seemed very busy and rushed. She lacked in portraying the relaxing energy that would have better fit the dinning environment. Asparagus was cooked amazingly. Their mac and cheese was incredibly strong. To much for my taste however I am sure others would enjoy it. Steaks were good. Not amazing but good. Worth the dollars I would say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a view!OliveoiDined on 7/18/2014We took friends there for their first time and they were amazed and in awe with the view! The drink list was lengthy, the desserts were delicious and the view was spectacular as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JUST AWESOME!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014GREAT PLACE TO TAKE OUT OF TOWN GUESTS AS WELL AS CELEBRATE A SPECIAL OCCASION. I LOVE THE COMPASS AND HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER FOR MANY YEARS!Special Features:
- 37 years2oldtimersDined on 7/16/2014We have celebrated our Anniv at Compass for the past 37 years. And during that time Jerry has been our server several of those years. The food thru the years has gone up and down in choice and flavor, but this visit the food was excellent. Compliments to the Chef!! It was our 50th Anniv and one of our granddaughter's 16th birthday that we celebrated this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceIvanDined on 7/12/2014Since the elevator started zooming up to the 24th floor it was a awe inspiring experience. The service was fantastic, the salmon was delicious and it's the setting your in that really brings everything together. Great romantic experience for a great price. I did not understand how my receipt showed one charge but my Chase notifications showed another and I tipped cash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Our overall experience at the Hyatt outstanding, and dinner at the Compass room was a nice way to finish off our last night there.Special Features:
- Perfect Views of Phoenix & SunsetRogerDined on 7/5/2014Compass Grill is an awesome place for great food with amazing views of the Phoenix area, the surrounding mountains, and (of course) sunsets. The ambiance is wonderful for couples while also being great for family events. One of my favorites! Our family has a tradition (begun by my aunt who lives in Tempe) that we eat there the last night of any visit to Phoenix / Arizona. We plan to continue this tradition for sure.Special Features:
- A Special birthday nightLiseDined on 7/5/2014My dad turned 93 and wanted a special place to go for dinner. We thought the Compass would be great for the view. We loved it all..... especially the service. My parents were treated royally. Our waiter, John, sang and dessert came as a surprise!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romanticluv2eatDined on 7/4/2014If you are looking to surprise your significant other, take them here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view!!LovinBenDined on 7/4/2014Great view but food was to salty and greasy i could not finish my steak, the onion fries were to greasy with no crunch! My husband ordered the salmon he said was very good so we shared his meal. We were there for the view! :o(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/4/2014We dined at Compass Arizona Grill on July 4th. After volunteering to move us away from the table with three bratty kids, our evening became memorable. From our first server (don't remember name) to our new server John, the service was first rate. They were courteous, helpful and not hovering. The food was excellent. Maybe the best steak and salmon we've ever had!! I will recommend the Arizona Grill to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.