Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.compassarizona.com/
- Phone: (602) 440-3166
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Vaccaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Compass Arizona Grill has a lounge area with the same fabulous views that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a private reception-style function. The area can also be used for a sit-down dinner for 50 - 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marcie Snook-Cook 6024403166x
- Special Events: Reverse Happy Hour- 9 pm to 11 pm - Sun-Thu
$5 House Wine
$5 Well Drinks
$7 Signature Cocktail of the Day
- Cross Street: 2nd & Adams
- Public Transit: Light rail stop at 3rd ST & Washington when heading Westbound or Central & Adams when heading Eastbound
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 2 hours complimentary parking in Regency Parking Garage, located on west side of 2nd Street between Washington and Adams - Be sure to bring your parking ticket to the Compass for validation.
A word from Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
The Compass Restaurant is the only rooftop-revolving restaurant in all of Arizona. They offer breathtaking views, mouthwatering food and impeccable service. Celebrate each and every holiday with the Compass Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
185 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (166)special occasion (146)romantic (126)notable wine list (37)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (24)hot spot (21)great for lunch (11)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (9)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Compass Restaurant at the HyattGolfer18Dined on 11/19/2014We took a guest from out of town to Compass. She was amazed by the views. The food was great. They had just changed the menu and between us, we ordered and shared a variety of items. The fish dishes were fresh and the sauces and seasonings really accented the taste. The service was outstanding as well. Once settled in you did not realize you were rotating unless you you looked at your surroundings. I think it is still a very special place to dine with guests who are not familiar with Phoenix.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My team had a great time at this restaurant.SalesTeamDined on 11/18/2014The atmosphere was at this restaurant was great. I had a sales team meeting here and it turned out to be the perfect location. Great food and our service was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gorgeous view and spectacular service.alexaDined on 11/15/2014amazing service. window seating for two people was a spectacular addition to all the great amenities Compass has to offer. MeanWhile the food was absoulely amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- twoodDined on 11/15/2014We have eaten here before, but this time we sat at a lounge table and enjoyed ourselves. It was a slightly casual occasion for us and a last minute decision to go. There was a mix up with our reservation, and we were casually dressed. At first we felt 'banished' to the lounge table, but we still ended up having a great time. The food, view and service has always been good. And we will continue to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in food quality.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I have gone here before and loved it, which is why took my daughter, and a couple of her friends, for her 18th birthday. We were disappointed in the food. The cornbread was dry. The asparagus seemed old. The mash potatoes were not creamy and the mac and cheese that came with the steak had no flavor. Everyone still had fun and service was wonderful. We were just disappointed in the food. In no way did I feel it was worth over $200. Not a single person cleaned their plate.Special Features:
- Great View, Fantastic Food, Service Not So MuchErichDined on 11/14/2014We've dined at the Compass Grill before and have always had great food. The service has not always been to the standard I would expect from a $50 per plate dinner, but the food is definitely outstanding. The last time there were eight of us dining and we had a combination of the pork tenderloin, filet mignon, top sirloin, and salmon. I had the salmon which was served at a good temperature, flakey, and had a lot of flavor. One of the guests had a pork tenderloin that was sampled by several and described as very tender. Several of the guests had top sirloin and all of them were very pleased of the quality and taste of the meat. The top sirloin includes some of the best macaroni and cheese bakes with incredible flavor. All the dishes came with some type of greens. While I know that undercooked vegetables are healthier, most of the guests including myself skipped these which did detract from the meal. A special mention for the peppered corn bread which was great. We were told to ask for more, but it was quite difficult getting the wait staff to come back around to check on us. The meals took longer than expected to make it to our table. There was no one making sure our drinks were refreshed and several of us went quite a while without refills on the tea and sodas we ordered. The eight of us had eaten at a neighborhood diner the night before and got twice the service for half the check. Most of the dinners are $25 to $40 with small but appetizing portion sizes. Several of us had wine which was good, but none of us are large wine drinkers so I wouldn't know if it was bad. For dessert we had the Crème Brulee, chocolate brownie, and a banana split. All were incredible, some of the best I have tasted and well worth the cost. Overall outstanding tasty food with small to adequate portions. Great atmosphere and view, but definitely not the level of service for a supposed five star restaurant. Costly with the tab coming to almost $400 with tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014I took my girlfriend there for her birthday and we love it, the service was great, our waiter what on top of everything and took care of our every need, yes it might be pricey, but worth it! cant wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hyatt compass az grillAZAnnieDined on 11/10/2014We went Monday night pre concert. It was not busy. The restaurant revolves to a great 360 view. The food has mixed reviews at our table. I had the salmon. It was firm and not overcooked. Another in our party had the vegetarian special and reported it as only so so. A third in our party had the bruchetta which was very large and tasty. The wine list is more than adequate to make everyone happy and the Paris in martini is delectable. Our waiter was attentive at first but did not come back to check us after the food was delivered. We had to wave down a water server to get more wine/drinks. The hostess/rest of the staff were very pleasant. I would call in advance if I have a vegetarian in my group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Timelovefood45Dined on 11/9/2014I have always wanted to go to this restaurant since moving to the valley 16 years ago and thought our 12th anniversary would be a good reason to do so. It did not disappoint. Loved the view; we both have great memories here in Phoenix and the view really provides a great opportunity to take a trip down memory lane. Food was great; portion sizes were a little smaller than average but enough to fill you up without over eating. Price was on the high side but the quality of the food, the excellent service and the overall experience make it worth the money. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful experiencePhoenixdinerDined on 11/9/2014I had a relative visiting from out of state. I took her to The Compass Room to experience the view and have a great meal. We had the sea bass and it was just excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Birthday DinnerBeniBuffDined on 11/5/2014The Compass Grill was a nice place to take my husband for a special occasion birthday dinner. Our wait staff was excellent and attentive, especially Jullian. Thank you for a great night!Special Features:
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/3/2014The food was great, the waitress attentive without being obtrusive, it was uncrowded with a wonderful evening ambiance. All in all it was a memorable, excellent dining experience.Special Features:
- Special EventFlyingChickenDined on 11/2/2014This restaurant is so unique with its revolving lounge. I like to take friends here for special occasions because they are surprised by the slowly turning restaurant. They love it! It is a bit pricey, but for great quality food and drink. It isn't someplace I'd go every weekend but it is great for special events or date night.Special Features:
- Our anniversary spot.AshleyMarforiLuttonDined on 11/1/2014We have celebrated 2 out of our 4 years of marriage here. The view is 360 degrees and beautiful and the food is outstanding. I highly recommend the banana split for dessert. Trust me, it's not your typical banana split.Special Features:
- Great ServiceNorthDakotaFamilyDined on 11/1/2014Our waitress was outstanding. She was very laid-back and outgoing. I asked for a hot chocolate as I was cold and they brought me a blanket, so very nice and thoughtful.Special Features:
- Just OK!MissIssa13Dined on 10/26/2014For a night view it's ok, food it's expensive and not so wow...:(Special Features:
- Great view, service, good foodAndyTDined on 10/26/2014Great view of Phoenix from this revolving restaurant. Pricey but expected due to the view and excellect service. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sunset viewCocoPuffzDined on 10/26/2014The view at sunset (we had reservations at 5:30 just before sunset) was amazing! The service personnel were warm and welcoming to not only the human guests but Service Animals. Definitely worth visiting again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightLovemywifeDined on 10/25/2014Fist time coming to this place I wanted to surprise my wife with a romantic dinner but ending been not that romantic since we got seat next to the window with a beautiful view but the table next to us was a big group that was loud I wish the restaurant create an area that can be for couples only and the other side for big groupsSpecial Features:
- Environment1stworldprobzDined on 10/25/2014The environmental conditions changed murrow times. More stable lighting and temperature would have created a more favorable experience. There were times where is cold, hot, couldn't even too well and then times where the whole restaurant was lit up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My team and I were in Phoenix for a conference and our first dinner at Compass was so good that we came back the next night! Our server, John, was wonderful and treated us to some of the desserts on the menu which was very nice of him! Overall, we loved the view, the food and all of the staff at Compass and will definitely be back the next time I am in town! Thanks again for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Phoenix Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Downtown Phoenix is not known for great restaurants but the Compass is an exception. The revolving view from its 24th floor venue is intriguing and the food doesn't disappoint. Our service was very professional and the recommendations made to us were all quite tasty. We will definitely return - both for the view and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16 BirthdayPhoenixfoodieDined on 10/25/2014Everything was very good as far as service and food. We were under the impression that this was a place to dress up for, so we did. Was disappointed to see people dressed in flip flops and shorts. Thought it brought down the ambiance. We all enjoyed our dinner, the steaks were cooked perfectly and just melt in your mouth. We will definitely go back for another special occasion, probably during the winter months so the guests might dress more appropriate.Special Features:
- Unique Dining ViewsboumoniisabelVIPDined on 10/24/2014Pre-theatre dinner for 5 of us was perfect! Thank you Maria for managing our time perfectly and for delivery wonderful dinners with professional and friendly service@Special Features:
- Spectacular 75AZmommaDined on 10/24/2014We took my mom there for her 75th birthday and everything was perfect -- the food, the service and the spectacular Arizona sunset. Needless to say, mom was impressed and felt like royalty. We will be back.Special Features:
- The View is the ThingBG45Dined on 10/23/2014We had an enjoyable dinner at the restaurant with the major influence being the view of the city. The restaurant is at the top of the Hyatt Regency and slowly rotates giving a terrific view of the downtown area. The food was good but to our group it's the view that makes the visit worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view not so good foodDebbie1215Dined on 10/22/2014The view is amazing!! The air conditioner really works - being on the chilly side. Our steaks were over done and the service a bit slow. We had tickets to a show or we would have sent our plates back to the kitchen. We both had ordered the steak on a recommendation from the hotel staff. I don't think I would recommend this place based on our experience.Special Features:
- Great, but not for dinneroknowDined on 10/18/2014The food was good, though if you are sensitive to salt I recommend you be very careful. The waiting staff is very professional and polite, and the location is not bad at all (parking right next door or valet parking if you need). The prices are incredibly high though and dinner for two cost us in the ballpark of 150. Again, the view is fantastic and you can't really beat it, but if you're just looking to grab a meal and catch up I'd go elsewhere. If you're looking for a place to go for a special occasion, its not bad at all. Stick to drinks and dessert.Special Features:
- Food is alright.momof1Dined on 10/18/2014Views are great! Try to go before sunset and see the sun go down- gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best viewsFoodloverDined on 10/18/2014I would recommend this restaurant as a romantic date location. The views are probably the best you can get of our beautiful city and it's surroundings. We had a reservation for sunset time, and Phoenix sunsets don't disappoint. The food was lack luster. I think what we had could have been eaten at any of the steak house chains, but You aren't going for the food in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decadence with a viewdancemomDined on 10/17/2014An amazing place to enjoy wonderful food, great service, and an amazing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerCardsbabyDined on 10/17/2014I had been to the Compass Room probably 20 years ago with my girlfriend at the time. Friday night we were celebrating our 18th anniversary together and the restaurant was everything I remembered it to be. Very nice evening. The Phoenix skyline has grown up a little since then, but the Compass Room is still all we remembered it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it to the fullestExtravaganzaDined on 10/16/2014Can't imagine going any where else when I get top food quality of food and drinks! Thank you CompassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Everything was very good, but my steak was a bit tough and so covered with french fires I could barely see my steak. When I asked for steak sauce I was given a small pitcher with about an ounce of sauce. I had to ask for a refill. The lady whom I took to be the manager slighted us. She talked to the people behind us and a few people in front of us, but failed to stop at our table. There were not that many people there that evening. I suppose she didn't want our opinion that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodjitterbugDined on 10/14/2014We found this restaurant online and was quite enjoyable. Service was good......food was great....all in all it was a nice romantic meal for two!!Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningBamaluvrDined on 10/12/2014Still a good place to go for a nice quiet, romantic dinner! Great view, good food and excellent service!Special Features:
- One word...Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Just perfect! I took my wife here for our second year anniversary and we both absolutely loved it. The service was great, the food was delicious, and the view was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Noise level with larger groups van be discouraging. They intermingled the large groups with the smaller romantic tables for two. Got tired of yelling across the table to hear my wife. Large group so overbearing. Asked and was moved to a more quite area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and Service, but...foodLoverDined on 10/8/2014The view was amazing and the service was great! Our hostess and waitress were all very kind and accommodating. My main complaint was with the food I ordered. I order something with chicken and it was extremely salty, to the point I could hardly finish it. It wasn't flavorful, just straight up salt. But dessert was delicious! I had the creme bule trio and ate every bite. So I would recommend skipping the entree and going straight to dessert.Special Features:
- Great View - Friendly Service -GoodtimesDined on 10/7/2014It was my first visit to this place. Really cool view of the city .. Try to make it for sunset. My wife had filet mignion and I had pork tenderloin.. Both delicious. I had calimari app, which was just okay. Overall, cool place to see the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.