Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.compassarizona.com/
- Phone: 6024403166x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Vaccaro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Compass Arizona Grill has a lounge area with the same fabulous views that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a private reception-style function. The area can also be used for a sit-down dinner for 50 - 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marcie Snook-Cook 6024403166x
- Special Events: Reverse Happy Hour- 9 pm to 11 pm - Sun-Thu
$5 House Wine
$5 Well Drinks
$7 Signature Cocktail of the Day
- Cross Street: 2nd & Adams
- Public Transit: Light rail stop at 3rd ST & Washington when heading Westbound or Central & Adams when heading Eastbound
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 2 hours complimentary parking in Regency Parking Garage, located on west side of 2nd Street between Washington and Adams - Be sure to bring your parking ticket to the Compass for validation.
A word from Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
The Compass Restaurant is the only rooftop-revolving restaurant in all of Arizona. They offer breathtaking views, mouthwatering food and impeccable service. Celebrate each and every holiday with the Compass Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (171)special occasion (151)romantic (134)notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (31)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (24)hot spot (21)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Just OK!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014For a night view it's ok, food it's expensive and not so wow...:(Special Features:
- Great view, service, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014Great view of Phoenix from this revolving restaurant. Pricey but expected due to the view and excellect service. Very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The sunset viewCocoPuffzDined on 10/26/2014The view at sunset (we had reservations at 5:30 just before sunset) was amazing! The service personnel were warm and welcoming to not only the human guests but Service Animals. Definitely worth visiting again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Fist time coming to this place I wanted to surprise my wife with a romantic dinner but ending been not that romantic since we got seat next to the window with a beautiful view but the table next to us was a big group that was loud I wish the restaurant create an area that can be for couples only and the other side for big groupsSpecial Features:
- Environment1stworldprobzDined on 10/25/2014The environmental conditions changed murrow times. More stable lighting and temperature would have created a more favorable experience. There were times where is cold, hot, couldn't even too well and then times where the whole restaurant was lit up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014My team and I were in Phoenix for a conference and our first dinner at Compass was so good that we came back the next night! Our server, John, was wonderful and treated us to some of the desserts on the menu which was very nice of him! Overall, we loved the view, the food and all of the staff at Compass and will definitely be back the next time I am in town! Thanks again for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Phoenix Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Downtown Phoenix is not known for great restaurants but the Compass is an exception. The revolving view from its 24th floor venue is intriguing and the food doesn't disappoint. Our service was very professional and the recommendations made to us were all quite tasty. We will definitely return - both for the view and the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet 16 BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Everything was very good as far as service and food. We were under the impression that this was a place to dress up for, so we did. Was disappointed to see people dressed in flip flops and shorts. Thought it brought down the ambiance. We all enjoyed our dinner, the steaks were cooked perfectly and just melt in your mouth. We will definitely go back for another special occasion, probably during the winter months so the guests might dress more appropriate.Special Features:
- Unique Dining ViewsboumoniisabelVIPDined on 10/24/2014Pre-theatre dinner for 5 of us was perfect! Thank you Maria for managing our time perfectly and for delivery wonderful dinners with professional and friendly service@Special Features:
- Spectacular 75OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014We took my mom there for her 75th birthday and everything was perfect -- the food, the service and the spectacular Arizona sunset. Needless to say, mom was impressed and felt like royalty. We will be back.Special Features:
- The View is the ThingBG45Dined on 10/23/2014We had an enjoyable dinner at the restaurant with the major influence being the view of the city. The restaurant is at the top of the Hyatt Regency and slowly rotates giving a terrific view of the downtown area. The food was good but to our group it's the view that makes the visit worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view not so good foodDebbie1215Dined on 10/22/2014The view is amazing!! The air conditioner really works - being on the chilly side. Our steaks were over done and the service a bit slow. We had tickets to a show or we would have sent our plates back to the kitchen. We both had ordered the steak on a recommendation from the hotel staff. I don't think I would recommend this place based on our experience.Special Features:
- Great, but not for dinneroknowDined on 10/18/2014The food was good, though if you are sensitive to salt I recommend you be very careful. The waiting staff is very professional and polite, and the location is not bad at all (parking right next door or valet parking if you need). The prices are incredibly high though and dinner for two cost us in the ballpark of 150. Again, the view is fantastic and you can't really beat it, but if you're just looking to grab a meal and catch up I'd go elsewhere. If you're looking for a place to go for a special occasion, its not bad at all. Stick to drinks and dessert.Special Features:
- Food is alright.momof1Dined on 10/18/2014Views are great! Try to go before sunset and see the sun go down- gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best viewsFoodloverDined on 10/18/2014I would recommend this restaurant as a romantic date location. The views are probably the best you can get of our beautiful city and it's surroundings. We had a reservation for sunset time, and Phoenix sunsets don't disappoint. The food was lack luster. I think what we had could have been eaten at any of the steak house chains, but You aren't going for the food in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decadence with a viewdancemomDined on 10/17/2014An amazing place to enjoy wonderful food, great service, and an amazing view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerCardsbabyDined on 10/17/2014I had been to the Compass Room probably 20 years ago with my girlfriend at the time. Friday night we were celebrating our 18th anniversary together and the restaurant was everything I remembered it to be. Very nice evening. The Phoenix skyline has grown up a little since then, but the Compass Room is still all we remembered it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it to the fullestExtravaganzaDined on 10/16/2014Can't imagine going any where else when I get top food quality of food and drinks! Thank you CompassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Everything was very good, but my steak was a bit tough and so covered with french fires I could barely see my steak. When I asked for steak sauce I was given a small pitcher with about an ounce of sauce. I had to ask for a refill. The lady whom I took to be the manager slighted us. She talked to the people behind us and a few people in front of us, but failed to stop at our table. There were not that many people there that evening. I suppose she didn't want our opinion that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodjitterbugDined on 10/14/2014We found this restaurant online and was quite enjoyable. Service was good......food was great....all in all it was a nice romantic meal for two!!Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningBamaluvrDined on 10/12/2014Still a good place to go for a nice quiet, romantic dinner! Great view, good food and excellent service!Special Features:
- One word...Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Just perfect! I took my wife here for our second year anniversary and we both absolutely loved it. The service was great, the food was delicious, and the view was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Noise level with larger groups van be discouraging. They intermingled the large groups with the smaller romantic tables for two. Got tired of yelling across the table to hear my wife. Large group so overbearing. Asked and was moved to a more quite area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and Service, but...foodLoverDined on 10/8/2014The view was amazing and the service was great! Our hostess and waitress were all very kind and accommodating. My main complaint was with the food I ordered. I order something with chicken and it was extremely salty, to the point I could hardly finish it. It wasn't flavorful, just straight up salt. But dessert was delicious! I had the creme bule trio and ate every bite. So I would recommend skipping the entree and going straight to dessert.Special Features:
- Great View - Friendly Service -GoodtimesDined on 10/7/2014It was my first visit to this place. Really cool view of the city .. Try to make it for sunset. My wife had filet mignion and I had pork tenderloin.. Both delicious. I had calimari app, which was just okay. Overall, cool place to see the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD AND VIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Food and view was amazing. Our server Jerry was awesome her recommendations were spot on. I got the filet mignon it was cooked so perfect and was so juicy. My wife got the sea bass per Jerry's recommendation she said it was amazing and she rarely eats fish due to taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleShifty7Dined on 10/4/2014Views and food were spectacular, service was excellent and attentive without being overbearing allowing for quiet dinner conversation. A very romantic dinneeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIGHT FOR SORE EYESOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Dinner was great and the views are spectacular. It was a little loud but we enjoyed all of the food. Be sure to get the cornbread.Special Features:
- awesomeFoodie4lifeDined on 10/3/2014The food, ambieance, view & staff were amazing!!! One of the best dining experiences I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tenordadDined on 9/29/2014Outstanding ambiance! Carefully controlled lighting made for a delightful experience of panoramic city views. Thoughtful, kind staff, even though I was not a big spender. The knowledgeable and gracious server maintained the perfect balance of careful attention and respectful distance. Dinner plates were full (but not hefty) portions, appealingly presented, balanced and flavorful. The pork loin was fabulous. Creme Brulee Trio dessert was fun. A truly unique venue for truly special occasions.Special Features:
- great service!flo25Dined on 9/27/2014My g/f and I showed up about 30-40 min late for our reservation, however the hostess was able to still find us a great seat next to the window with a view. Noted on the reservation it was our anniversary and the waiter and waitress provided the superior service and referring to us by name all night. Food was excellent as well as the wine we ordered. Only downside, due to rain earlier in the day, the restaurant was not revolving that night, everything else was perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The server was awesome, Food was awesome, it was our first time there, we were surprised to get a trial desert which was awesome, and then of all things the waiter brought my wife a small cake to celebrate her 50th (I mean 29th Birthday) Great Job You guys ROCK, please thank our server again for us. see you soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night in ages......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Simply because of the wonderful, beautiful woman I was with. I wanted it to be a special night , one to remember, so I made reservations at the Compass Room. Other than the noise, it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014A beautiful place to show off the nightscape of Phoenix and great food. Unfortunately for us there was a table seated nearby with four very loud preteen children and that made conversation difficult. On the up side our waitress offered us a sample of a new dessert and introduced us to its creator-chef. Yummy and totally unexpected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18th bdaykristatDined on 9/26/2014Friendly service, good food, the recommendations by our waitress was very helpful and spot on. Food cooked perfectly, salad was small but otherwise nice, had a wonderful memorable time, thank you.Special Features:
- Celebrating a Wedding AnniversaryNight2RememberDined on 9/26/2014The Compass Arizona Grill holds a special place in my heart as this restaurant is where my husband took me on our first date 24 years ago. This year, I faced the difficult decision whether or not to celebrate our anniversary as my husband passed away 2 months ago. I didn't know if I could muster the emotional strength it would take to go here. Yet, I didn't want the opportunity to slip by. Therefore, I made dinner reservations & brought my 4 children to accompany me. I was determined to celebrate his life, our marriage, and reminisce about the night that started it all. The staff & management went above & beyond to make me feel comfortable on this important day. We enjoyed every aspect of the evening & now my family has a new tradition! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We were on town for business and stayed at the Hyatt!! The views were fantastic, the food was great and the drinks were yummy!! I would definately eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, scenic views, good foodcowzgomooDined on 9/25/2014If you're looking for a romantic dinner or a nice place to eat for a special occasion, look no further. The menu is a bit on the pricy side which is why I wouldn't eat here regularly but I will definitely be returning for those special occasions. The service is fantastic and the food didn't take too long to come out. In case you are wondering about their drink menu as I only saw wine when I looked online, they do have cocktails and draft beers in case you aren't much of a wine drinker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with unbeatable viewAZRandyDined on 9/25/2014Having lived in Arizona for well over a decade, the Compass Arizona Grill has always been a favorite of mine. Staffed by a professional wait staff, these servers know how to deliver superior service with elegance. An extensive wine list and elegantly plated and portioned meals complement a breathtaking 360º view of the valley. Over the years I've lived here I've brought many friends and family to this restaurant for the experience alone. However, as much as I love the ambience, the chefs need to work on the quality of food served. Yes, it looks incredibly beautiful on the plate but my mashed potatoes were dry and fell apart into crumbles. The green beans were undercooked and did not taste fresh. The salmon however was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaybirdDined on 9/24/2014Took my girlfriend for her bday and we had a GREAT time! Views were amazing and the service was just as good! Could've done without the loud children towards the end of our dinner and some of the music was a bit much but other than that, we both had a great experience. Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.