Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.compassarizona.com/
- Phone: 6024403166
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Vaccaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Compass Arizona Grill has a lounge area with the same fabulous views that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a private reception-style function. The area can also be used for a sit-down dinner for 50 - 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marcie Snook-Cook 6024403166x
- Special Events: Reverse Happy Hour- 9 pm to 11 pm - Sun-Thu
$5 House Wine
$5 Well Drinks
$7 Signature Cocktail of the Day
- Cross Street: 2nd & Adams
- Public Transit: Light rail stop at 3rd ST & Washington when heading Westbound or Central & Adams when heading Eastbound
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 2 hours complimentary parking in Regency Parking Garage, located on west side of 2nd Street between Washington and Adams - Be sure to bring your parking ticket to the Compass for validation.
A word from Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
The Compass Restaurant is the only rooftop-revolving restaurant in all of Arizona. They offer breathtaking views, mouthwatering food and impeccable service. Celebrate each and every holiday with the Compass Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (157)special occasion (139)romantic (125)notable wine list (44)fit for foodies (28)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (25)late-night find (22)hot spot (20)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great, but not for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014The food was good, though if you are sensitive to salt I recommend you be very careful. The waiting staff is very professional and polite, and the location is not bad at all (parking right next door or valet parking if you need). The prices are incredibly high though and dinner for two cost us in the ballpark of 150. Again, the view is fantastic and you can't really beat it, but if you're just looking to grab a meal and catch up I'd go elsewhere. If you're looking for a place to go for a special occasion, its not bad at all. Stick to drinks and dessert.Special Features:
- Food is alright.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Views are great! Try to go before sunset and see the sun go down- gorgeous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014I would recommend this restaurant as a romantic date location. The views are probably the best you can get of our beautiful city and it's surroundings. We had a reservation for sunset time, and Phoenix sunsets don't disappoint. The food was lack luster. I think what we had could have been eaten at any of the steak house chains, but You aren't going for the food in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerCardsbabyDined on 10/17/2014I had been to the Compass Room probably 20 years ago with my girlfriend at the time. Friday night we were celebrating our 18th anniversary together and the restaurant was everything I remembered it to be. Very nice evening. The Phoenix skyline has grown up a little since then, but the Compass Room is still all we remembered it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it to the fullestExtravaganzaDined on 10/16/2014Can't imagine going any where else when I get top food quality of food and drinks! Thank you CompassSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Everything was very good, but my steak was a bit tough and so covered with french fires I could barely see my steak. When I asked for steak sauce I was given a small pitcher with about an ounce of sauce. I had to ask for a refill. The lady whom I took to be the manager slighted us. She talked to the people behind us and a few people in front of us, but failed to stop at our table. There were not that many people there that evening. I suppose she didn't want our opinion that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodjitterbugDined on 10/14/2014We found this restaurant online and was quite enjoyable. Service was good......food was great....all in all it was a nice romantic meal for two!!Special Features:
- Wonderful EveningBamaluvrDined on 10/12/2014Still a good place to go for a nice quiet, romantic dinner! Great view, good food and excellent service!Special Features:
- One word...Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Just perfect! I took my wife here for our second year anniversary and we both absolutely loved it. The service was great, the food was delicious, and the view was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/9/2014Noise level with larger groups van be discouraging. They intermingled the large groups with the smaller romantic tables for two. Got tired of yelling across the table to hear my wife. Large group so overbearing. Asked and was moved to a more quite area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and Service, but...foodLoverDined on 10/8/2014The view was amazing and the service was great! Our hostess and waitress were all very kind and accommodating. My main complaint was with the food I ordered. I order something with chicken and it was extremely salty, to the point I could hardly finish it. It wasn't flavorful, just straight up salt. But dessert was delicious! I had the creme bule trio and ate every bite. So I would recommend skipping the entree and going straight to dessert.Special Features:
- Great View - Friendly Service -GoodtimesDined on 10/7/2014It was my first visit to this place. Really cool view of the city .. Try to make it for sunset. My wife had filet mignion and I had pork tenderloin.. Both delicious. I had calimari app, which was just okay. Overall, cool place to see the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD AND VIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/6/2014Food and view was amazing. Our server Jerry was awesome her recommendations were spot on. I got the filet mignon it was cooked so perfect and was so juicy. My wife got the sea bass per Jerry's recommendation she said it was amazing and she rarely eats fish due to taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IncredibleShifty7Dined on 10/4/2014Views and food were spectacular, service was excellent and attentive without being overbearing allowing for quiet dinner conversation. A very romantic dinneeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SIGHT FOR SORE EYESOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/4/2014Dinner was great and the views are spectacular. It was a little loud but we enjoyed all of the food. Be sure to get the cornbread.Special Features:
- awesomeFoodie4lifeDined on 10/3/2014The food, ambieance, view & staff were amazing!!! One of the best dining experiences I've had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tenordadDined on 9/29/2014Outstanding ambiance! Carefully controlled lighting made for a delightful experience of panoramic city views. Thoughtful, kind staff, even though I was not a big spender. The knowledgeable and gracious server maintained the perfect balance of careful attention and respectful distance. Dinner plates were full (but not hefty) portions, appealingly presented, balanced and flavorful. The pork loin was fabulous. Creme Brulee Trio dessert was fun. A truly unique venue for truly special occasions.Special Features:
- great service!flo25Dined on 9/27/2014My g/f and I showed up about 30-40 min late for our reservation, however the hostess was able to still find us a great seat next to the window with a view. Noted on the reservation it was our anniversary and the waiter and waitress provided the superior service and referring to us by name all night. Food was excellent as well as the wine we ordered. Only downside, due to rain earlier in the day, the restaurant was not revolving that night, everything else was perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The server was awesome, Food was awesome, it was our first time there, we were surprised to get a trial desert which was awesome, and then of all things the waiter brought my wife a small cake to celebrate her 50th (I mean 29th Birthday) Great Job You guys ROCK, please thank our server again for us. see you soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night in ages......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Simply because of the wonderful, beautiful woman I was with. I wanted it to be a special night , one to remember, so I made reservations at the Compass Room. Other than the noise, it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014A beautiful place to show off the nightscape of Phoenix and great food. Unfortunately for us there was a table seated nearby with four very loud preteen children and that made conversation difficult. On the up side our waitress offered us a sample of a new dessert and introduced us to its creator-chef. Yummy and totally unexpected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18th bdaykristatDined on 9/26/2014Friendly service, good food, the recommendations by our waitress was very helpful and spot on. Food cooked perfectly, salad was small but otherwise nice, had a wonderful memorable time, thank you.Special Features:
- Celebrating a Wedding AnniversaryNight2RememberDined on 9/26/2014The Compass Arizona Grill holds a special place in my heart as this restaurant is where my husband took me on our first date 24 years ago. This year, I faced the difficult decision whether or not to celebrate our anniversary as my husband passed away 2 months ago. I didn't know if I could muster the emotional strength it would take to go here. Yet, I didn't want the opportunity to slip by. Therefore, I made dinner reservations & brought my 4 children to accompany me. I was determined to celebrate his life, our marriage, and reminisce about the night that started it all. The staff & management went above & beyond to make me feel comfortable on this important day. We enjoyed every aspect of the evening & now my family has a new tradition! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We were on town for business and stayed at the Hyatt!! The views were fantastic, the food was great and the drinks were yummy!! I would definately eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, scenic views, good foodcowzgomooDined on 9/25/2014If you're looking for a romantic dinner or a nice place to eat for a special occasion, look no further. The menu is a bit on the pricy side which is why I wouldn't eat here regularly but I will definitely be returning for those special occasions. The service is fantastic and the food didn't take too long to come out. In case you are wondering about their drink menu as I only saw wine when I looked online, they do have cocktails and draft beers in case you aren't much of a wine drinker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service with unbeatable viewAZRandyDined on 9/25/2014Having lived in Arizona for well over a decade, the Compass Arizona Grill has always been a favorite of mine. Staffed by a professional wait staff, these servers know how to deliver superior service with elegance. An extensive wine list and elegantly plated and portioned meals complement a breathtaking 360º view of the valley. Over the years I've lived here I've brought many friends and family to this restaurant for the experience alone. However, as much as I love the ambience, the chefs need to work on the quality of food served. Yes, it looks incredibly beautiful on the plate but my mashed potatoes were dry and fell apart into crumbles. The green beans were undercooked and did not taste fresh. The salmon however was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaybirdDined on 9/24/2014Took my girlfriend for her bday and we had a GREAT time! Views were amazing and the service was just as good! Could've done without the loud children towards the end of our dinner and some of the music was a bit much but other than that, we both had a great experience. Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful timedevcDined on 9/22/2014Romantic relaxing little bit noisy great scenic viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love every experience here!ExtravaganzaDined on 9/22/2014It's gorgeous and breath taking. I am pleased every time I have experience dining here. There service and staff is wonderful. I even heard a singel lady dining next to me telling her mother over the phone of what great experience she was having. Thank you Compass Arizona Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my anniversary hereJuanDoe24Dined on 9/21/2014The view was amazing and my girlfriend absolutely loved it. The fillet mignon was amazing but I did wish they had a better variety of food (pastas and such, be sure to study the menu ahead of time!). Granted it is a "grill" so no fault of the place. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionsmittonDined on 9/19/2014I could not have asked for more! Making a reservation was easy. When we got there the scenic view was amazing. The wait staff was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. The food was to die for from beginning to end. It is a great romantic spot. The tables are set up so every one has the perfect viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and view spectacularNorthCarolinaDinersDined on 9/18/2014We are visiting from NC. The food was outstanding, especially the seafood. The views are spectacular - watching the sunset over the mountains. A beautiful and romantic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!WineanddineDined on 9/16/2014Was the perfect place for my special occasion. Very romantic and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighteful Experience, but chillydarladDined on 9/16/2014The food was very good (eggplant in goat cheese, as good as it could possibly be), service was friendly and fast, scenery was amazing (best view in the entire city by 1000%), air temp was too cool... hostess explained it was tough to get it right... not a good excuse... wear a sweater or jacket... I had 2 layers on and was literally shiveringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view but snobby hostess +$$$$expensiveDined on 9/13/2014I made a reservation and called ahead when we were going to be late; due to street blocks from a sports game downtown. The hostess stated it was not a problem. Upon arrival, our table was given away and they placed us on the bottom of the waiting list as if we were walk-ins. It was my boyfriend's 30th birthday and going to Compass was my surprise gift to him. Since it was his night I kept silent knowing he was happy. After 30mins we get our table and are not greeted by our server for nearly 10mins.Food took FOREVER to come out and each of our steaks were still mooing. (me- top sirloin, boyfriend- filet mignon. Both ordered at medium rare.) Overall, had a good time cause we love each other but the hostess a snob, food- not worth the price.Special Features:
- very dissapionted!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Wait time was ridicolous, service slow and food was golden corral level.
- DeliciousOwsleysDined on 9/13/2014The compass is our new favorite restaurant. The view is breathtaking as you eat your dinner. The food and drinks were the definition of divinity. My cocktail was perfectly mixed, not over powering with sweet and disguised the taste of the alcohol. I can't remember the name. Something with a sunset in the title. The sea bass melted in my mouth. The best I have ever had it made. Everything from even the green chili corn bread, to our roasted beet salad, the filet, and the sea bass. My mouth is watering thinking of going back again.Special Features:
- Diappointed this time around.Lizz00Dined on 9/13/2014I have been here a few times. We take family and friends for special occasions. The quality of the food has always been Great and the service impeccable. This last time on September 13th I took family there. The food was slightly lacking this time around. The service was prompt and okay but not great. We are well aware it's an expensive place to eat but that being said... the expectations for a place like this and what you pay should be awesome. After our meal we gave the server our card to pay. The server took it upon himself to charge our card $217 and he took the cash in the bill fold. Which in the end turned out to be a 33% tip! We were appalled when we found out from our bank the following day. This is theft.Special Features:
- Worth every pennyFoodisFunDined on 9/10/2014Even if you can only afford it only once a year save up to experience this restaurant. Make it your reward restaurant. The Filet Mignon was a "melt in your mouth" experience. Each plate was a work of art. Our banana split was a deconstructed banana split and the chef remembered our anniversary by writing "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate around the perimeter of the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDBGreatdiningexperienceDined on 9/10/2014Great service, Awesome food, Incredible views, we always enjoy our experience thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.