Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
122 North Second Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.compassarizona.com/
- Phone: 6024403166
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Lounge: Sunday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dominic Vaccaro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Compass Arizona Grill has a lounge area with the same fabulous views that can accommodate up to 100 guests for a private reception-style function. The area can also be used for a sit-down dinner for 50 - 60 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Marcie Snook-Cook 6024403166x
- Special Events: Reverse Happy Hour- 9 pm to 11 pm - Sun-Thu
$5 House Wine
$5 Well Drinks
$7 Signature Cocktail of the Day
- Cross Street: 2nd & Adams
- Public Transit: Light rail stop at 3rd ST & Washington when heading Westbound or Central & Adams when heading Eastbound
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: 2 hours complimentary parking in Regency Parking Garage, located on west side of 2nd Street between Washington and Adams - Be sure to bring your parking ticket to the Compass for validation.
A word from Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix
The Compass Restaurant is the only rooftop-revolving restaurant in all of Arizona. They offer breathtaking views, mouthwatering food and impeccable service. Celebrate each and every holiday with the Compass Restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Compass Arizona Grill - Hyatt Regency Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (149)special occasion (136)romantic (119)notable wine list (44)neighborhood gem (26)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (22)late-night find (22)hot spot (19)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Outstanding ambiance! Carefully controlled lighting made for a delightful experience of panoramic city views. Thoughtful, kind staff, even though I was not a big spender. The knowledgeable and gracious server maintained the perfect balance of careful attention and respectful distance. Dinner plates were full (but not hefty) portions, appealingly presented, balanced and flavorful. The pork loin was fabulous. Creme Brulee Trio dessert was fun. A truly unique venue for truly special occasions.Special Features:
- great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014My g/f and I showed up about 30-40 min late for our reservation, however the hostess was able to still find us a great seat next to the window with a view. Noted on the reservation it was our anniversary and the waiter and waitress provided the superior service and referring to us by name all night. Food was excellent as well as the wine we ordered. Only downside, due to rain earlier in the day, the restaurant was not revolving that night, everything else was perfect.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014The server was awesome, Food was awesome, it was our first time there, we were surprised to get a trial desert which was awesome, and then of all things the waiter brought my wife a small cake to celebrate her 50th (I mean 29th Birthday) Great Job You guys ROCK, please thank our server again for us. see you soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best night in ages......OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Simply because of the wonderful, beautiful woman I was with. I wanted it to be a special night , one to remember, so I made reservations at the Compass Room. Other than the noise, it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town guestaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014A beautiful place to show off the nightscape of Phoenix and great food. Unfortunately for us there was a table seated nearby with four very loud preteen children and that made conversation difficult. On the up side our waitress offered us a sample of a new dessert and introduced us to its creator-chef. Yummy and totally unexpected!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 18th bdaykristatDined on 9/26/2014Friendly service, good food, the recommendations by our waitress was very helpful and spot on. Food cooked perfectly, salad was small but otherwise nice, had a wonderful memorable time, thank you.Special Features:
- Celebrating a Wedding AnniversaryNight2RememberDined on 9/26/2014The Compass Arizona Grill holds a special place in my heart as this restaurant is where my husband took me on our first date 24 years ago. This year, I faced the difficult decision whether or not to celebrate our anniversary as my husband passed away 2 months ago. I didn't know if I could muster the emotional strength it would take to go here. Yet, I didn't want the opportunity to slip by. Therefore, I made dinner reservations & brought my 4 children to accompany me. I was determined to celebrate his life, our marriage, and reminisce about the night that started it all. The staff & management went above & beyond to make me feel comfortable on this important day. We enjoyed every aspect of the evening & now my family has a new tradition! :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014We were on town for business and stayed at the Hyatt!! The views were fantastic, the food was great and the drinks were yummy!! I would definately eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic, scenic views, good foodcowzgomooDined on 9/25/2014If you're looking for a romantic dinner or a nice place to eat for a special occasion, look no further. The menu is a bit on the pricy side which is why I wouldn't eat here regularly but I will definitely be returning for those special occasions. The service is fantastic and the food didn't take too long to come out. In case you are wondering about their drink menu as I only saw wine when I looked online, they do have cocktails and draft beers in case you aren't much of a wine drinker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaybirdDined on 9/24/2014Took my girlfriend for her bday and we had a GREAT time! Views were amazing and the service was just as good! Could've done without the loud children towards the end of our dinner and some of the music was a bit much but other than that, we both had a great experience. Will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful timedevcDined on 9/22/2014Romantic relaxing little bit noisy great scenic viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love every experience here!ExtravaganzaDined on 9/22/2014It's gorgeous and breath taking. I am pleased every time I have experience dining here. There service and staff is wonderful. I even heard a singel lady dining next to me telling her mother over the phone of what great experience she was having. Thank you Compass Arizona Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated my anniversary hereJuanDoe24Dined on 9/21/2014The view was amazing and my girlfriend absolutely loved it. The fillet mignon was amazing but I did wish they had a better variety of food (pastas and such, be sure to study the menu ahead of time!). Granted it is a "grill" so no fault of the place. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionsmittonDined on 9/19/2014I could not have asked for more! Making a reservation was easy. When we got there the scenic view was amazing. The wait staff was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. The food was to die for from beginning to end. It is a great romantic spot. The tables are set up so every one has the perfect viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and view spectacularNorthCarolinaDinersDined on 9/18/2014We are visiting from NC. The food was outstanding, especially the seafood. The views are spectacular - watching the sunset over the mountains. A beautiful and romantic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!WineanddineDined on 9/16/2014Was the perfect place for my special occasion. Very romantic and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delighteful Experience, but chillydarladDined on 9/16/2014The food was very good (eggplant in goat cheese, as good as it could possibly be), service was friendly and fast, scenery was amazing (best view in the entire city by 1000%), air temp was too cool... hostess explained it was tough to get it right... not a good excuse... wear a sweater or jacket... I had 2 layers on and was literally shiveringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view but snobby hostess +$$$$expensiveDined on 9/13/2014I made a reservation and called ahead when we were going to be late; due to street blocks from a sports game downtown. The hostess stated it was not a problem. Upon arrival, our table was given away and they placed us on the bottom of the waiting list as if we were walk-ins. It was my boyfriend's 30th birthday and going to Compass was my surprise gift to him. Since it was his night I kept silent knowing he was happy. After 30mins we get our table and are not greeted by our server for nearly 10mins.Food took FOREVER to come out and each of our steaks were still mooing. (me- top sirloin, boyfriend- filet mignon. Both ordered at medium rare.) Overall, had a good time cause we love each other but the hostess a snob, food- not worth the price.Special Features:
- very dissapionted!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Wait time was ridicolous, service slow and food was golden corral level.
- DeliciousOwsleysDined on 9/13/2014The compass is our new favorite restaurant. The view is breathtaking as you eat your dinner. The food and drinks were the definition of divinity. My cocktail was perfectly mixed, not over powering with sweet and disguised the taste of the alcohol. I can't remember the name. Something with a sunset in the title. The sea bass melted in my mouth. The best I have ever had it made. Everything from even the green chili corn bread, to our roasted beet salad, the filet, and the sea bass. My mouth is watering thinking of going back again.Special Features:
- Diappointed this time around.Lizz00Dined on 9/13/2014I have been here a few times. We take family and friends for special occasions. The quality of the food has always been Great and the service impeccable. This last time on September 13th I took family there. The food was slightly lacking this time around. The service was prompt and okay but not great. We are well aware it's an expensive place to eat but that being said... the expectations for a place like this and what you pay should be awesome. After our meal we gave the server our card to pay. The server took it upon himself to charge our card $217 and he took the cash in the bill fold. Which in the end turned out to be a 33% tip! We were appalled when we found out from our bank the following day. This is theft.Special Features:
- Worth every pennyFoodisFunDined on 9/10/2014Even if you can only afford it only once a year save up to experience this restaurant. Make it your reward restaurant. The Filet Mignon was a "melt in your mouth" experience. Each plate was a work of art. Our banana split was a deconstructed banana split and the chef remembered our anniversary by writing "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate around the perimeter of the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RDBGreatdiningexperienceDined on 9/10/2014Great service, Awesome food, Incredible views, we always enjoy our experience thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dessert at the Compass RoomSeaglassMomDined on 9/6/2014We went down to the Compass Room to celebrate a birthday. We had made reservations for 5 but were told that for just dessert we didn't need them and we would be seated in the lounge/bar area. Would have preferred more comfortable table in the dining area but were told no. Our lounge table was right by the window and we did, indeed, have a beautiful view. Our server was super nice and brought everything out in a timely fashion. She even put a candle in our birthday person's dessert! We had a lovely evening and the desserts were very good. The creme brulee trio was one of the best! We also tried out the flourless chocolate cake and the cheesecake, both of which were delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful service!KittenwomanDined on 9/3/2014Everyone was very accommodating and lovely. Highly recommended this restraunt!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.TheDuransDined on 8/31/2014I absolutely loved this restaurant. The view, of course, was great, overlooking the city. The service was outstanding, our waitress was very kind, sweet and outgoing. Her name was Jerry, not sure how she spells it but it sounded like that. The food was phenomenal and exceeded all expectations. Although it is a bit on the expensive side, it's reasonable because of the great food & service. I enjoyed my dinner date there. It has quite the romantic kind of feel to it, and that's why I chose it to propose to my girlfriend! All of the staff there were congratulating us and being very kind. We both loved it all around. I would (and have already) recommended it to other people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Went to compass room for anniversary and my girlfriend (wifey) and myself loved it. I surprised her by taking her there and she immediately thanked me. The view was amazing as the sun set and the food and drinks were amazing too. Would definitely recommend it to my other friends and couples.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and nightbuffaloloverDined on 8/31/2014We were celebrating our 1 year anniversary and were recommended by friends to go here. We were not disappointed, our server was great, the food was incredible and they even spelled out "Happy Anniversary" in chocolate for our dessert. We will definitely be coming here again for future special occasions! Thank you for making our night a memorable one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our appetizer was really salty. The worste part was the main course I ask for a steak mediam rare it came out completely raw. I ate 1/4 and asked for a box so I could grill it at home.
- View awesome. Food notRajahDined on 8/30/2014Got served an under cooked steak but the service was great there and so was the viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rotating Restaurantaps123VIPDined on 8/29/2014Our kids love to come here for the view from the top of the building. They love rotating around looking at the city. Food is fine. Service was a little slow. Not good for kids unless they have good manners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The compass AZ grillBobbaganoosh81Dined on 8/24/2014Amazing food. Fantastic service. Priced for the masses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and enjoyableAmbi730Dined on 8/24/2014The food was fantastic and the view was gorgeous. We were able to see downtown Phoenix at night. I would like to go again at sunset to catch a different viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something DifferentnomnotesDined on 8/23/2014We went here to celebrate my 19 year old's birthday! He loves the urban lifestyle. He was in awe. It brought out conversation from him like I've never heard before. He loved the view, the food, the fanciness......he's a waiter at a small Mexican restaurant and really was asking the waitress lots of questions......she was so genuine and nice! We got an awesome table by the window as requested thru Open Table. Everything was perfect! Definitely a great spot for special occasion dining!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timebigdadDined on 8/22/2014Good food, good atmoshpere, very unique, great service. It must be roundtables system but I clicked on 8-23 at 8pm and I get an email stating I made reservations not for next weekk like I had clicked on but that night. So I received an email asking me why I had missed the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's only worth the viewSMO4985Dined on 8/21/2014It's great for the view and that's about it. The dining room is dated and the lobby area looks cheap. Our server was very nice and pleasant though we waited over 5 minutes for water. I ordered two glasses of rose and they came out in very small, short flutes. Not terribly elegant. The food is mediocre at best. We were each served only one small piece of corn bread (not very generous) with butter and a side of course salt. The salt was peculiar. We both had the filet, it was fine. For dessert we had the creme brûlée trio, classic, chocolate, and orange. It was served in a dated, divided S curve vessel (about 10 years out of fashion). The orange tasted artificial, like a creamsicle. Skip dinner here- go for a drink and enjoy the view!Special Features:
- Not what I was expecting at all.MetalSamamonDined on 8/18/2014I'm not one to usually go to fancy restaurants, but for my birthday I wanted to try something different. I've stayed at the Hyatt hotel in downtown Phoenix a few times before, but this was my first time going to the Compass Grill; at the top of the hotel. It was my birthday & I informed them of this when I made my reservation. The seating was nice and the view was amazing, but the restaurant turns incredibly slowly; maybe a full revolution once an hour. There was two people in our party and we ordered our food; two steaks (one well done with no pink). It came out 'medium' at best. Also there was no side option other than asparagus. Staff came around seldomly. Bacon on lettuce wedge salad was old and full of grease. Wouldn't go there again.Special Features:
- alucas0889Dined on 8/18/2014Jerry made our experience so amazing. She was attentive and funny. She made our anniversary the best evening ever! The food and drinks were amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperiencechancecindyDined on 8/16/2014Best spot for a special romantic dinner. Everyone was pleasant and the food was excellent. And the view was spectacular!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service is 5 Star Worthy!GuestDined on 8/15/2014Our service was impeccable. From what I observed, the staff was very attentive to our table and all others! Incredibly on point, throughout the evening. If we return, it would be for the scenic view and the wonderful staff. From the start, even the hostess was very friendly and kind. Note to kitchen: the GF chicken is too small for the price of the plate! Also, the mustard sauce in the potato salad needs to be scaled back! It was too tart; and hard to eat the potatoes and green beans, with all that mustardy sauce all over the plate. I scraped the sauce off, just to eat the veggies. A small House salad should be offered with dinner! My guest's Filet was undercooked, even for Filet Mignon; needed a few more minutes under the broiler!Special Features: