Compari's Italian Restaurant
621 W Plano Pkwy
Plano, TX 75075Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Compari's Italian Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.comparisitaliandining.com/
- Phone: 9724231234
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Brunch:
Sunday: 11:00pm -3:00pm; Dinner:
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm -10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Brad Pyle 9724231234
A word from Compari's Italian Restaurant
Our family immigrated from Forino, a small town in southern Italy less than an hour’s drive from Naples. The Avellino region is well-known for its warm hospitality and rich, homemade food. In our many visits to the hometown, we have enjoyed wonderful dining experiences with family and friends. We hope to bring that same experience to you as you dine with us at Compari’s. We are all dedicated to providing you a great dining experience and appreciate your patronage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Compari's Italian Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- My new favoriteSteveDined on 9/21/2013I've been to Compare's several times. It's one of my favorite places to take business clients, friends, or a date. The atmosphere is relaxing, the service is spot on, and the food is fresh and satisfying. I'll be back....frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Despite making an Open TableDMG2014Dined on 9/14/2013Despite making an Open Table reservation 4 days prior, they were not ready for our table of 6, so had to wait, even though the place was half empty. Appetizers were ok. The main dishes were boring and had no flavor. Tasted like they threw them together. Price as good, but it made sense after tasting the food made with no effort. Plenty of better Italian restaurants in the area. This place is stuck in the 1980s with its lack of ambience and creativity. Don't go.
- Absolutely loved the food!PastaQueenDined on 9/14/2013Absolutely loved the food! We had several first timers with us all said they loved it and would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PotentialVikalaDined on 9/6/2013The food selection, taste & prestentation - excellent! Ambiance great! Location is good. Service needing much improvement. Could be a great "upscale" gem if they could only provide the service to match. Service is better at IHOP - Really. Wait staff friendly but not attentive or responsive and they are not young people who are just learning.Special Features:
- Endless salad and bread wastrim61Dined on 9/1/2013Endless salad and bread was their idea before Olive Garden and is WAY better. Bread is accompanied by a delicious whipped garlic butter and salad is original and deliciously fresh. . Creme brulee is awesome. Red snapper dish is one of the best fish dishes that I have had anywhere. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2013Great neighborhood Italian restaurant that has stood the test of time. Great food, nice atmosphere and you can have a lovely meal and carry on a conversation with those at your table, not like the big chains where you cannot hear yourself think. A Gem that has been a consistent favorite. Great service, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely Disappointed in ServiceiCfoodVIPDined on 8/30/2013Had reservation for 7:30. We arrived at 7:20 and hostess told us we were too early and couldn't seat us even though many tables were empty. Went to bar and ordered drinks. Hostess came to seat us at exactly 7:30 but I had to wait 5 minutes at the bar for a bartender to pay my tab. In the meantime my wife was ignored at the table by the waitstaff. Our waiter was pleasant but had too many tables so his attention to us was limited at best. He was much more attentive to the large table of 10, larger tip expectations, I guess. To add to it, I paid the bill and later realized that I had paid again for the drinks at the bar on the dinner bill, my bad. The good waitstaff they had is gone. This new waitstaff desperately needs training.
- Great Service @ Compari'sBigDaddyDined on 8/24/2013As first time diners to this restaurant we obviously did not know what to expect. The server was a delight to be around and made the experience most enjoyable. The food was tasty and the drinks were as well. Would definitely recommend this to family and friends as a nice additional to a traditional Italian dining location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, old Italian cousine...BelomorVIPDined on 8/22/2013OK, old Italian cousine... very attentive service. Good shrimp and crab pasta. Good value.Special Features:
- The food is always good asdeltapapaVIPDined on 8/18/2013The food is always good as well the service. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2013The total experience was awesome. It is an elegant restaurant where you can carry on a conversation without raising your voice. The food is excellent and priced right. The staff is attentive. On several occasions we found the staff to be truly interested in our needs. On the latest visit our waiter Scott overheard it was one of our birthdays and he presented us with a large complimentary serving of creme brulee for the party to share. A rare caring and genuine restaurant with definite Italian ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet to eatreadytodineDined on 8/3/2013This restaurant has great food in a friendly atmosphere where one can actually carry on a conversation without having to out shout the next table. The unlimited salad is excellent, and one can enjoy a dining experience rather than being rushed out the door in order to become the next open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant.PlanolawDined on 8/3/2013The food is very fresh. It is traditional Italian fare but doesn't feel heavy. The service is outstanding and the ambiance is clean, upscale, and not too loud. We had a very enjoyable experience..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2013This was my first experience at Compari's and I will definitely return. The restaurant is known to the local area and has always been recommended. The service was top notch and the meal portions left nothing to be desired. It's a quiet little restaurant with a limited, yet exact, menu to enjoy some Italian flair. Also it seems to have a large bar area which I will definitely visit one day for happy hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the food. Our waiterStellapDined on 7/27/2013We enjoyed the food. Our waiter was fantastic and we look forward to coming back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantFredDined on 7/27/2013Nice restaurant for a quiet evening. Reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2013our server was excellent. The manager even came over to our table and spoke to us for a little while. The only thing I would change about the place, is that they should start serving sweet tea.Special Features:
- Want A Treat?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/20/2013Dear North Dallas, I write this review as a well experience visitor of restaurants world wide. What a pleasant experience. Relaxing, full bar with delicious Martini's, good food, a salad to die for, a staff that really cares about you. Then you walk away with a bill of less than$50.00! Send me an email where you can match this.....please! Entertainment on Wednesday nights. Well, heck why don't I just pick you up and deliver you? Don't miss this opportunity. Thank you Compari's...don't let up, you are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013Didn't know what to expect but it was amazingly good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/14/2013We tried Compari's for the first time on Sunday for my husband's birthday. The service was good, but then again we were there right when it opened and there was only 1 other table being waited on. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We ordered waffles, lasagna, mozzarella sticks, calamari and linguine bolognese. All had very good flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/13/2013A friend and I both liked this place in the past, but somehow sort of forgot about how great it is. Driving by one day, we both said, almost at the same time, have you ever eaten at Compari's? Then we agreed that we had to go back and try it again. Well, we did, and it is still as great as always. We won't forget about it a second time. We'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded all expectations!!FrequentDinerDined on 7/3/2013A friend raved about Compari's, & I thought it could never live up to all she said. Was I wrong! I'd heard about their "Specials" menu, but was not offered one. When I asked, my server Scott explained they do not hand them out at lunch, but assured me they could happily accommodate me and brought it. It was different from what my friend had (it's a new month), but all of it sounded wonderful. I chose a filet with Gorgonzola, and it was amazing - cooked perfectly to requested temp, tender, and the sides (grilled asparagus and lemon risotto) went perfectly with it! The service Scott gave was the best I've had in a long time - knowledgable, friendly, and not overbearing. Drinks never low. Staff all friendly & smiling. My new favorite spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hard to judge fairly after one timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2013Recommend the robusto chianti and wine marinated mussels. The pork chop special for 1 of us was juicy and very enjoyable. Two of us had the sole special which was so-so. I thought it would be grilled with the sauce but had some kind of light coating and too crispy on the edges. If this is typical Italian cooking of fish, I will have the veal or chicken others have recommended if we try this restaurant again. Fortunately we had a 50% off coupon as otherwise not worth price. The unlimited salad bowl had mostly lettuce and lots of olives (which I'm not fond of) and an ok creamy dressing. Ambiance and service was very nice. However, a warning to those with possible bad lower backs.....the chairs are very uncomfortable.
- It is another great placedeltapapaVIPDined on 6/2/2013It is another great place to enjoy good food and have a good time. The service is excellent as usual, from the moment you contact the host to the waiter turning in your check. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingGreatTimesDined on 6/1/2013What a hidden gem in Plano! Had not visited Compari's in a while and had the chance to go on Saturday night for dinner and it was excellent. The summer special selections were very good, service was exceptional and we enjoyed a wonderful atmosphere at the bar and dining. The full menu has more than your norm Italian restaurant and a very solid wine list for pairings or just sipping. And Craig, the mixologist at the beautiful bar, glass enclosed from the dining areas, made the best Lemon Drop Martini! They have a separate dining room for groups but not enclosed from seeing other restaurant activity which is nice. I think it would be perfect for a romantic dinner, family or friend gathering or celebration or just a drink at the bar. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphereJackieDined on 6/1/2013Campari's is always very good...Absolutely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again on a Wednesday!Billy525VIPDined on 5/29/2013Note to self: never dine at Compari's on a Wednesday evening. Place was packed to hear a mediocre (and somewhat annoying) musician. Hostess cursed as she was taking us to the table by saying "S**t happens" in response to our surprise that our favorite waiter was no longer with the restaurant. Took us to back corner of restaurant in spite of our asking to sit somewhere else. Service was SLOW as they were simply backed up because of the crowd. My friend specifically said she did not want penne pasta - and what was she served? Penne pasta. I asked for spaghetti as a side and not noodles. What did I get? Noodles. Server was friendly, just not on his game. The salad, which is usually wonderful, was drowned in dressing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First disappointment. FoodiCfoodVIPDined on 5/18/2013First disappointment. Food was good but not as described by the waitress. She told my wife that the specials included a steak. When served we were surprised to see some sort of rolled beef that was not a steak. The waitress was flustered as she was new at waiting the tables and the place was very busy.. She had been the hostess previously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day failureLocaldinerDined on 5/12/2013Based on prior experience with restaurant (prior to new management); reviews on this website and their Facebook page; and local buzz, we decided to book a reservation for their Mother's Day Brunch. Upon arriving, it was very evident that they were overwhelmed, disorganized and unprepared for this service. First, there were three people at the hostess stand trying to accommodate and discern what to do with the computer system and reservations as well as walk-ins. Staff was obviously frazzled. Eventually we got seated. The waitress was either new or poorly trained. She spilled a drink over lady at table next to us, was slow, not attentive or kept her tables happy. We were really disappointed. I know busy day so might try again on regular day.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long time favorite returns to formOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013Good food, friendly service. New ownership doesn't try to be overly fussy or trendy, just solid and dependable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad, bread, wine selectionmapperVIPDined on 5/3/2013Salad, bread, wine selection good. Service was good. Main entrees okSpecial Features:
- Always a nice mealBilly525VIPDined on 4/30/2013Food is lovely, but the service is better. Owner ALWAYS come by the table to say hello and check on you. Very friendly place w great food!I would recommend this to a friend.
- It is a great place to eat. ExcelldeltapapaVIPDined on 4/14/2013It is a great place to eat. Excellent service and very good food are at home there.Special Features:
- Excellent experience onceiCfoodVIPDined on 4/13/2013Excellent experience once again. Ravioli Verde was great!Special Features:
- Authentic Italian comfort foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/13/2013Reminded us of the family restaurants that are commonplace in the Northeast, but rarely found in the Metroplex, except the service is much friendlier. Highly recommended when you need a fix.Special Features:
- Compari's has been a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Compari's has been a favorite place to eat for my wife and I for many, many years. Thank you once again for the enjoyable experience.
- Always enjoy dining here.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Always enjoy dining here. A bit noisier this time, but still great.Special Features:
- Wednesday date night.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/27/2013Outstanding table service from Justin and his waitstaff. He should really give lessons. Music from Don Morgan was memorable. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Excellent mushroom ravioliiCfoodVIPDined on 3/16/2013Excellent mushroom ravioli this past Saturday night. Great neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent service ,food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013Excellent service ,food was great will definitely go again.Special Features: