1000 Guerrero Street
San Francisco, CA 94110Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://companysf.com/
- Phone: 4153747479x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30pm - closing
We're open Memorial Day Weekend
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Karen Hoffmann
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full-service catering is available.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Mezzanine room available for up to 20 people
Main Dining Room up to 40 people
Entire restaurant also available for up to 70 people
- Private Party Contact: Thuy (415) 374-7479x
- Cross Street: 22nd Street
- Public Transit: Bart 24th & Mission stop
J-Church Muni line with stop at 22nd & Church Streets
Bus Lines:14-26-48-49-67 with stops at 22nd or 24th Street.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Inexpensive public parking lot at 3255 21st Street (entrance) between Valencia & Bartlett with pedestrian exit on 22nd Street (only 2 quick blocks from our place).
Misison & Bartlett Parking Garage
A word from Company
A neighborhood eatery and gathering place.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Company reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (11)good for groups (10)romantic (10)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great Company!DroooDined on 8/23/2014Lovely quaint neighborhood bistro! The owner and staff are terrific, the food is delicious. The Enjoy!
- GoodMargaretVIPDined on 8/22/2014Company is a nice, comfortable, easy to get to spot. Everything my friends and I tried was good, but there was nothing outstanding. We tried the stuffed zucchini blossoms and the fig/proscuitto tart as appetizers. Both were nice but could have used more salt, but that's a personal opinion. My husband had the capellini, he ate all of it but wasn't overwhelmed with it's flavor. My friend had the steak frites and bavette steak - both were great, it was the standout dish of the evening. The fries had a nice smokey seasoning. I had the onion panisse, it was interesting, very acidic. Everything was fine. I will say our server was great. He had a suggestion for every course, and was never hovering.
- Good CompanyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/17/2014Lovely restaurant, great food, excellent service. Everything was really great, food, service and ambiance. They did not rush you, very attentive staff and there was no complaints about anything. Our party of 4 enjoyed all aspects of the restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/13/2014The best pasta I have eaten in many years! Friendly staff, and a great meal for all guests!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great everythingBdayGirlatMazzaLunaDined on 8/6/2014It was great! The food was exceptional! The dessert was Browne with ice cream. I loved it. And the service was attantive but not too much. Just to make you feel comfy. So yeah 5 stars guys!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had higher expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/1/2014Based on several reviews, I had higher expectations of the food. It was "okay" at best. The service was excellent however.
- great food but very expensivefoodieDined on 7/27/2014Food is tasty and the bread is amazing! However, it's a bit overpriced and the drinks were a little watered down.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful neighborhood bistro!!OaklandfoodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014I love this place. I only wish it were closer to Potrero, or that they'd open a branch over here! The salad, the superb chicken, the wines, and the frites are all outstanding. Next time I want to try the burger or the steak ... but it's so hard not to keep ordering the chicken!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic bistro- really delicious!OaklandfoodieVIPDined on 7/13/2014I love this place. It feels like a real European bistro; everything I've tried so far is great. The chicken is especially outstanding: moist, crispy, and very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little neighborhood placeAmyTVIPDined on 7/11/2014I loved Company! Cute decor, nice mission location (parking hard but that's the entire neighborhood and city), warm friendly prompt service, terrific food, best desserts and cappuccino! Came with group of 5, three teenagers two adults, loved by all! Energetic but not too loud for conversation which is a blessing. Thanks, will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestauranttahoeroverDined on 7/8/2014This is a neighborhood gem and worth driving to. The service was excellent and the food matched the service. We had a party of 5 and we ALL would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3kidsDined on 6/27/2014great food...great service...! would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- Just superbclaudeVIPDined on 6/24/2014Been going to Company and just love it. It's a special place.Special Features:
- A Plesant SurpriseRPalDined on 6/22/2014A friend had given me a substantial gift certificate for Company a couple months back and I was looking for an occasion to use it. Three of us went on a Monday night for a quiet Birthday dinner for one of my house-mates. We were blown away by the food. The quality and taste of every dish was off the chart good. Our waiter, a very pleasant young man, knew the menu and wine list thoroughly and was quite helpful. I'll definitely be be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't want to go back hereMissiondinerDined on 6/20/2014The food was decent and our server was friendly but overall I didn't think that much of this place. My partner's first drink tasted watered down but the worst part was that they sat us at a table in the entry area right by the front door. It was really cold as people came in and out and in spite of that they had the ceiling fan right above us turned on! They even halfway apologized as they sat us there, saying it wasn't really a table. So why make it available on Open Table?? There are plenty of great places to eat in the Mission, so I don't really see any reason to try this place again.
- good food, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/1/2014The place used to be a Thai restaurant and Twee was the owner. She is still there but her heart is not in it. She mopes around, looks bored mostly and just isn't attentive. The other two waiters were stressed, didn't check in with us after dropping off the food, looked haggared. The food coming from the kitchen was good, except the fries were soggy. Probably due to sitting too long due to the slow service. We reordered and the next batch was fine.Special Features:
- Better than everMatteDined on 5/27/2014The food has always been very good, but it has got even better since Karen too over as chef. superb mussels, divine white corn soup.Special Features:
- Awesome place!!!Tweety88Dined on 5/18/2014This place has great food and a wonderful staff. I came here with a few friends, and never had the whole restaurant treat me so nicely. Love the gnocchi, and the kale chips! The sevice was especially wonderful. The waiter was knowledgeable about everything on the menu. He recommended his favorites, and my friends were not disappointed. I also have to mention that this server was extremely handsome ;) I think he said his name was Collin? Or Cameron? Well whoever is dating him sure is lucky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable bistro in MissionPurpleHazeDined on 5/16/2014We were visiting SF from the Midwest, and it was a daunting task to select a restaurant with so many good options available. We lucked into Company. Great ambience, mussels, limited but outstanding menu. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Chef, New FoodMatteDined on 5/13/2014I loved Jason's food at Company, but based on my first experience with Karen, her's may be even better. Certainly the white corn soup, the grilled asparagus, and the mussels absolutely soared.Special Features:
- The following 117 reviews are from the Company reviews archive.
- This neighborhood gem still shines!LocalgirlVIPDined on 4/29/2014Still serving an innovative menu inspired by fresh, seasonal produce in an intimate setting, Company will definitely make you feel like…company!Special Features:
- Over dressed and under seasonedLovegoodfoodandwineDined on 4/27/2014Only thing I liked about this place was the server. Food was boring and over cooked (med rare burger came well done), some of the ingrediences are not listed on the menu ( some sort of yellow yeast on kale crisps, yuck), chicken was just bland.. Ingrediences on the chicken dish did not make sense together... Very odd! Empty Sunday night and no wonder why.
- Lamb shank and risotto - fabulous!grayDined on 4/22/2014I had the lamb and my sister had the wild mushroom risotto. Did not care for the tempranillo but had a nice cab for the second glass.Special Features:
- loved it, but...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/18/2014Loved the food, but as noted by many who have dined there, the service leaves a lot to be desired. After we finished our meal, we waited for forty minutes for the check, and finally had to get up from the table, stake out the kitchen entrance, and corral our waitperson when he emerged. Don't go if you're in a hurry to get somewhere else.Special Features:
- ,,,neighborhood gem...nolehaceDined on 3/30/2014...good food, good service, cozy & friendly...what else is there?...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDisappointedVIPDined on 3/20/2014I looked forward to checking out Company, but was disappointed. Maybe I was there on an off night, but nothing was good. The blackberry and ginger cocktail I ordered on the strong recommendation of the waitress was compleley tasteless. The food, which took a good hour to come out of the kitchen, was equally uninspiring. I had the mushroom risotto, which had been promoted as a new Spring addition to the menu, but it tasted like it was out of a box. My friend who ordered a medium rare burger got an overlooked piece of rubber he couldn't even finish. My other friend ordered the sole and needed to request some lemons from the kitchen to give it at least some flavor. Not going back.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/18/2014Solid execution. Amazing flavor combinations in both their food and drinks. Great cocktails (though they don't have a full bar). Everything I ate there was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty ordinarySarahSupperDined on 3/14/2014Nothing stood out- white beans with the fish were not soft, fries not crisp and lots of empty tables. Had gone several months before and had a good meal, perhaps chef change or general downhill slide? Waitstaff was friendly and competent if not super professional.
- We really enjoyed the dinner.JackieBDined on 3/13/2014We really enjoyed the dinner. I especially like the warm ricotta appetizer. The ricotta was made on-site.Special Features:
- We really enjoyed it!cftylerVIPDined on 3/7/2014We selected Company based on Open Table reviews and we were not disappointed. We dined early prior to attending a play-- the restaurant was pleasantly quiet and comfortable. Food was terrific. We would definitely recommend and return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Wings and ScallopsMattegrayDined on 3/4/2014Sometimes i don't feel like eating in and just go out for a quiet dinner by myself. Tonight was one of those occasions, so i hit Company for the chicken wing appetizer, tender and crisp and dressed in a pomegranate reduction with rosemary and black pepper. And then a new item on the menu, sauteed scallops on a bed of tiny black lentils, a combination i'd never had that worked very well. A very pleasant dining experience even without having anyone to share it with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantMadamePDined on 2/23/2014Quiet Lots of thought put into each dish . Love the kale chips! Nice neighborhood find .Special Features:
- Sophisticated ComfortclaudeVIPDined on 2/22/2014A great place to have a nice dinner on a weeknight. Servers are thoughtful and attentive. Food - just tasty. Their pasta and bread are made in house. Special note to those who live in the area: An awesome place to stay away from the hustle of Valencia corridor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - slow/forgetful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/19/2014We were there on a not-so-busy night but the service was still poor. My friend ordered wine and realized mid-meal that they hadn't brought it so had to go find the waiter. Super nice staff just slow / forgetful Food was good though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMattegrayDined on 2/16/2014Wonderful crispy kale, breathtaking ricotta, best lamb shank i ever ate anywhere. All in a warm and pleasant setting with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The CompanyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Love this restaurant, and the owner is the sweetest ever...always smiling and making sure that everything is to your liking. We live near by and frequent often.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemsfgirl415Dined on 2/13/2014I've been to Company a few times for dinner and the food is always so well prepared. Great flavors—great ambiance—great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!HeidiCVIPDined on 1/24/2014We had such an amazing experience! We were early for our reservation and they sat us right away. From the moment we walked in the door the service was incredible! the food was spectacular! We will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Essentially Not MemorableOutAndAboutDined on 1/14/2014The pasta was good but the sauce was much too heavy and salty. Service was inattentive - we were seated and then 20 minutes later were asked for our order. We had to ask for our water bottle to be refilled three times over the course of the meal. We won't go back nor will we recommend it to friends.
- Great alternative to Valencia St.OldHandVIPDined on 1/11/2014Lovely neighborhood bistro with infinitesimal kitchen that is very well managed. Lamb shank - Wow!, Fettucine fatto in casa! No spirits, but wicked clever wine and cordial cocktails. More grown up than most of Gourmet Ghetto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.