58 MacDougal St.
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.comodonyc.com/
- Phone: (646) 580-3866
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm, Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Executive Chef: Felipe Donnelly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Comodo
“Comodo is about a personal love story with a region and its flavors but keeping it true to the environment where it is found. It is a menu very personal to who I am-an autobiography written in food. This food is what happens when you take a Colombian-Spanish-Mexican-Brazilian-American that has adapted to New York” explains Felipe Donnelly, who will oversee the kitchen. For parties larger than six, Comodo offers our family style menu, which consists of the entire menu shared, for sixty dollars per person. If you would like this menu please indicate in your notes. Comodo is a restaurant, inspired by Latin American influences but diners won’t find tacos or mole on the menu. Rather, the cuisine uses the flavors and the technique but varies from the traditional menu. It will serve Latin food seen through the prism of current New York dining trends. The décor of the 45 seat restaurant will convey the feeling of dining at home with a wooden communal table to obsContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLatin American
Comodo - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Comodo reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (46)romantic (39)fit for foodies (38)special occasion (18)good for groups (16)notable wine list (12)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (6)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Hidden GemRC123VIPDined on 11/23/2014Comodo is by far one of my favorite restaurants. You cannot miss the lamb slides, shrimp tacos and hibiscus mimosas for brunch. a great time to be had by all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerLoveSohoVIPDined on 11/22/2014We had a great meal at this little charming place. Would certainly go back and try other things on the menu. Perhaps I did not look carefully, but I did not realize there was not a full bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, very noisy, bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014The title pretty much says it all. For a small place, we had a difficult time getting the attention of wait staff. It's extremely noisy, and while the food was terrific, for the most part, I don't think its quality out-weighs the negative part of the experience.
- Love this place!!Brittany11Dined on 11/21/2014The food and wine list are excellent. I love the ambiance of this restaurant. The waitstaff is so friendly and helpful. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food👍Noise🙀TMaddDined on 11/14/2014I went with my sister for a late dinner. Very small place, but once seated it was ok. The food was absolutely great and the waitress was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful food in lovely atmosphereClydeVIPDined on 11/9/2014Had dinner with friends from out of town. The food was equal to many better known restaurants while providing a warm convivial atmosphere. We had a wonderful conversation without shouting at each other. Interesting menu. Delicious food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and small restaurant, make your reservation.COMODODined on 11/9/2014Amazing place, good food, friendly owner, beautiful people. But it's a small place in SOHO. You should always make a reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibe, better bites!KstartaDined on 11/7/2014We dined and enjoyed all the small plates. Service was great, we had a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cozy place!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Great service and great food. Everything recommended by staff was excellent-especially the warm brussels sprout caesar salad. Skipped dessert but was given an outstanding chocolate truffle with the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- munchinmaniacDined on 10/26/2014A well-conceived, brilliantly executed menu with service to match. Their pasta blognese, a latin twist on an Italian mainstay is an absolute masterpiece.Special Features:
- Love love love Comodo!KJTFDined on 10/11/2014I absolutely love Comodo. The menu is incredible, and the food as good as it sounds. Such a charming spot! I go every chance I getSpecial Features:
- Doesn't get betterDinnerbelleDined on 10/8/2014You can spend a lot more money and not come close to ALL that it takes for a superb dining experience. Regardless your priority - food, ambiance, wine list, service - nothing disappoints. In fact, everything exceeds. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentDazeDined on 10/4/2014What a great place! Excellent food and service. Our waitress went out of her way to help my friend with special diet needs. I will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous foodAnonymousxxDined on 9/30/2014We found this restaurant on our last trip and come back every time we are in town. We love the mushroom arepas. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- welcome S. American gembilllVIPDined on 9/25/2014with S. American takes on food and spicing, it is a really welcome addition to the neighborhood. Gets loud late, esp. if big partiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestnicknameDined on 9/24/2014There seré 3 persons when we arrived at 6:30 pm but the host was busy on the phone and the waiter was in the kitchen so we waited What mighty only be 3 minutos but It seemed like a long time given that they would not even ríase their eyes to look at us. The new waited for the menú and waited for a glass of wine even though no moré people arrived. The host and the waiter were busy all evening. The ceviche was saggy propably old, the código was rough and the arepas were muggy. The prices very high particularly the wine prices. For 12 dólares they give Youtube 2 ounces.
- Recommended for date nightTravelingFoodieDined on 9/12/2014Comodo had a great atmosphere and impeccable service. Our server was attentive, fun and extremely helpful. We split three appetizers and a main dish which was a good way to try a variety of their food. The octopus was incredible! I was a little disappointed in the bolognese (nothing wrong, just nothing special), but I would definitely recommend the foods that they've been more adventurous with. There was also a large party there for a birthday which looked amazing! The restaurant let them bring their own flowers etc to cater to their party - so adorable!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/11/2014Nice place, good food, but too noisy. Nice place, good food, but too noisy.Special Features:
- Charming & DeliciousRC123VIPDined on 9/7/2014I adore this place! The food and atmosphere are divine.Special Features:
- dizzylizzyDined on 9/5/2014Food was outstanding - new dessert menu is to die for. Comodo is a must stop every time that I am in NYC.Special Features:
- Excellent Spanish-Brazilian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014My friend and I went to Comodo for dinner on Friday night. Hostess, waitress and bar tender were very nice and spontaneous. The food and drink menu was very interesting, with options from Mexico, Spain and Brazil. We had ceviche and sea bass. All very fresh and with right amount of spices, just delicious. The ambiance had the right level of intimacy for friends getting together or couples on romantic dinner. I'll certainly come back .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- candle dinerfrenchieinnYCDined on 8/19/2014a bit noisy. Main dish (entree) was great. Dessert was not so good. The candles and the lack of lighting make this restaurant a nice place for a romantic diner. Excellent service including good advice on the wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Rather dark. Good for a romantic dinner but you need the flashlight on your phone. Food was very good.Special Features:
- ComodoamorgieDined on 8/16/2014Very good meal. Not outstanding. The appetizers were really small portion. Very good service. There was a large party and they were very loud, which made the evening less enjoyable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/5/2014Delicious, inventive menu. Will definitely be back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 250 reviews are from the Comodo reviews archive.
- Excellente!OolaDined on 7/26/2014Comodo is on the top of our list of new great finds. Always delicious - fresh in summer, hearty in winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Findlove2eatVIPDined on 7/13/2014Great little restaurant. Food presented with care and style. Delicious! We had a lovely dinner without feeling rushed or crowded. Highly recommend Comodo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Great, interesting food Delicious small plates Would order all appetizers next time and skip main Coffee ice cream dessert weakI would recommend this to a friend.
- Ecletic menulry1VIPDined on 7/11/2014Excellent dining and warm atmosphere. Appetizers through desert were outstanding. Will defintely return and bring others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2cookVIPDined on 6/24/2014great food, awesome service, very friendly & competent waitstaff. Will return!Special Features:
- Perfect Date NightbeksDined on 6/17/2014My husband and I went to Comodo for date night and it could not have been more perfect. The relaxed ambiance was complimented perfectly by the attentive wait staff (our water glass was never empty). The appetizers all looked so delicious that we decided to skip an entree (we will come back to try them) and ordered every appetizer on the menu. Each one was better than the next! I recommend the cauliflower gratin and the arepas. The chef greeted guests around the restaurant which is a gesture I always appreciate.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2014After waiting for a long time to get here this was a total diasappointment
- Good experienceItalianFoodieVIPDined on 5/28/2014Very nice setting. Good food. Service could improve, though
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014Should have at least one reasonably healthy dish and dessert, not just meat,oil and cheese. FE, should offer a fruit or berry dessert.Special Features:
- Fit for foodiesxiexieDined on 5/25/2014Delicious food. I had a hard time choosing because I wanted to try everything on the menu. Happy I brought my foodie friends here. The cocktails were great, too (especially with brunch -- none of them overpowered the food). The only negative was that it was quite hot that day, and they don't have A/C, only ceiling fans.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING FOOD!PaolaDined on 5/23/2014This restaurant definitely has the best ratings for me. Everything is amazing, from the restaurant, the staff, the wine list and last but not least the amazing food! The chef and owner has a great experience and fabulous taste in food. This is a must for locals and tourists! Loved the place. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Excellent small restaurantdoctornfDined on 5/4/2014Went for dinner with a few friends and we all had a great evening of very good and unique food, conversation, and very good feeling. This is a unique combination and while it doesn't exactly feel like home, both the staff and the atmosphere are warm and welcoming. A good change from the high-end places. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- BEST DINNER EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/24/2014One of the most delicious dinners I have ever had in NY. Everything was excellent! I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Remains a favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/20/2014Comodo never disappoints. The service is lovely, attentive and unobtrusive. The drinks are strong and tasty. I started of with a La Mula while waiting for my friend and we switched to the pitcher of white sangria. Both were tasty. I enjoyed my steak salad with fried egg. My friend had their quinoa cakes which is their decidedly sweeter take on eggs benedict. Dessert was a lovely almond butter cookie. We left happily stuffed and planning our way back to the spot again for another brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodJuanCVIPDined on 4/18/2014Loved the simplicity of the menu, fast service and great flavors. Place is small and low dim lights make for romantic setting. On the con side, not a large wine list and price is a tad on the expensive. Overall good place to come back.Special Features: