Community Table Restaurant
223 Litchfield Turnpike
New Preston, CT 06777Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Community Table Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.communitytablect.com/
- Phone: 8608689354x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joel Viehland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Community Table Restaurant
The mission of the Community Table is to prepare the highest quality locally grown and procured ingredients to serve our community in a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Community Table Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bantam ›
Community Table Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (146)special occasion (98)neighborhood gem (78)romantic (48)notable wine list (44)hot spot (38)good for groups (32)great for brunch (28)vibrant bar scene (21)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- community gemPampersDined on 9/13/2014Food always consistently fresh,innovative and delicious! Service is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Ambience warm and inviting.Special Features:
- InnovativeReservationQueenDined on 9/12/2014Food was delicious and creative...use lots of local, fresh produce...ibn our group, one had Boar pork which she thought was fabulous...and othe others has Bolonaise with beef, veal and pork which was excellent...appetizer of heirloom tomatoes was also great. Peach cobbler with crumb topping topped off a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and a drive.bkysuebooVIPDined on 9/7/2014The drive from Canton, Ct to Washington, CT is very pretty. It takes about forty-five minutes to get to Community Table. It is so worth the drive. This was our second trip, and once again we were pleased enough to say we will be back. I tried the French 75 cocktail, made with brandy, lovely start! The food is superb. The heirloom tomatoes, with burrata was a very good first course. The husband had the smoked fingerling potatoes, also excellent. I had the bass, he had the steak, both perfectly cooked with interesting and tasty sides. We ended with a peach crisp, and a chocolate mousse cake, with an excellent pot of pressed decafe coffee. We liked the chocolate mousse cake, but loved the peach crisp! Can't wait to do it again!Special Features:
- Culinary HeavenSkinnyDined on 9/6/2014The decor in the new addition distinguishes it from any other restaurant in Ct. It definitely adds a whole new dimension to the already delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HighwaterDined on 9/6/2014A special dining experience. Nicely decorated yet simple, beautiful presentation of an extraordinary meal starting with a delicious Martini. We ended our dining experience in the bar where the drinks were first class and the bartender engaging. I will attempt to duplicate the Martini recipe which was, while far from typical, a really enjoyable drink. We will be back!Special Features:
- foodAnoiseZDined on 9/5/2014Much better than last time for service and ambience, perhaps we were in the back room. Noise level still made it hard to hear each other. Wine prices seem prohibitive. Food excellent as always.Special Features:
- outstandingbirdieDined on 9/5/2014MosT Unique Exquisite Food Selection I Have Ever ExperienceD. Well Done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Overall great dining experience - my striped sea bass and Grace's fabulous Bolonaise sauce; also crazy about the Devil's food cake; one exception was the wet, limp Ceasar salad - prefer my salads crisp and in smaller pieces, not the whole head.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014We like the restaurant very much, go there for special occasions, etc. It is abt 25 min. drive from our home in Roxbury. Food quality is consistently very good and some times exceptional, menu normally has some interesting selections and the service has always been very good. Our dinners have always been very pleasant in all respects.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLuv2eatDined on 8/31/2014I highly recommend this excellent restaurant. The food was fresh, delicious and creative. You must try their "sleeper" dessert cucumber ice cream and honeydew. UnbelievableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great as usualmatthewemeottDined on 8/30/2014This is not our first time at CT, but it was great as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. service could be betterpborgenDined on 8/30/2014We loved the food.... absolutely great taste and selection. However the service could be much better. When we arrived, the person who was by the check in desk saw us but did not bother to acknowledge us and we stood there waiting for him to pick up his eyes from a laptop screen.... this was an unpleasent moment.... our reservation was for 7pm but we had to stay by the bar until about 7:30pm... and there were empty tables all over... strange planning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been to Community Table many times and find it is the best restaurant in the Litchfield area and beyond. The food is always extremely interesting and delicious served by friendly staff.Special Features:
- EllenVIPDined on 8/28/2014All food was fresh, delicious, and well presented. The mussels were a particular treat.Special Features:
- SammDined on 8/25/2014A beautiful yet laid back place. The food is delicious. However the menu is not extensive so if you go often it may be hard to find things to order. Put waitress took our order before our wine was brought. I never like that. I love the bar area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodAnoiseZDined on 8/25/2014The food was A+ but extraordinarily slow in coming, specially the main course, even for a restaurant that serves very carefully prepared first-class food. (It was about 40 minutes between courses, with no apology.) But our two main problems with the restaurant are the lack of comfort of the seats (a problem for someone with a bad back) and the high noise level. My husband and I sat opposite one another at a table for two and had trouble having a conversation without having to bellow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting dinnerDeeDeeDined on 8/25/2014The menu was quite different from most restaurants. The potato appetizer was fabulous but disappointed that the beet and carrot dish had sold out (by 7pm). Both entrees were good but the corn ice cream etc was the stand- out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive for food providedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014For the cost, I was surprised at the size of the portions. I was also surprised that they had no decaf cappuccinoSpecial Features:
- dkb67Dined on 8/24/2014we had the waitress with the tattoo on her forearm. she was non-existent after she took our order! 3 of us got cubans. thank you for making them bigger and worth the money. i got the chicken confit and asked her if it was white meat and she said yes. it wasn't and i don't like dark meat.Special Features:
- Always a treat!Grillguy55VIPDined on 8/22/2014We split our time between NYC and Ct and this place could easily succeed in New York. Creative and locally sourced food, decent wine list and great cocktails if that's your thing. Simple bit elegant decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shermarjo1VIPDined on 8/21/2014exceptional in all areas! as good as any top restaurant in NYCSpecial Features:
- wolfabjVIPDined on 8/21/2014What a great find up in Litchfield County. Totally worth the drive from New Milford. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- litchdinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014CT just gets better and better! Clearly the most interesting food in the area. We eat there quite often and have rarely had a single course that wasn't exceptional. Always save room for desert! The new room and full bar has changed the place in a very positive way.. OK we love it…enuf said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tremendous on all countsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014CT is absolutely amazing. The decor, music, service are impeccable only to be surpassed by the amazing food and cocktails. The portions are sized to perfection and the freshness, quality and mix of flavors are a delight to the senses. The staff is professional with personality.Special Features:
- absolutely loved everything!SkinnyDined on 8/16/2014i would be there every weekend if only I could get in......Special Features:
- the bestlocalyokelDined on 8/14/2014The best. The most delicious, fresh and inventive food I/we have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in NW Connecticut!WestsiderDined on 8/14/2014Just right in every regard: great food, locally sourced, served in tasteful proportions; excellent wines from a well -thought - out (i.e., not overwhelming) list; knowledgeable and friendly servers; not by any means inexpensive, but good value at the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of heartSwatzieDined on 8/14/2014After reading the menu I was in a panic.....after eating the food I was in ectasy. I do not like overly descriptive menues but I am pleased that I trusted our waitress!Special Features:
- One of the best dining experiencesDev8158VIPDined on 8/11/2014The food was incredible, local ingredients cooked perfectly. Staff was attentive and provided fresh flowers and complimentary champagne for our anniversary. One of the best dining experiences we have ever had.Special Features:
- Our neighborhood gem!EverSearchingDined on 8/11/2014CT is a favorite, a culinary treasure--extraordinarily inventive dishes, stunningly beautiful as well as tasty with Nordic pzazz. Chef Joel Viehland did a stint at Copenhagen's Noma. He regularly changes his menu, incorporating the new and unusual. Joel is a powerful advocate of locally-grown/sustainably raised. His style is minimalist, w/surprising ingredients: pine needles & cucumber velvety ice creams, hen of the woods , yarrow, etc. Superb soups, crispy, yet moist duck breast among the best I've eaten and his dessert chef is brilliant. Splendid venison, rabbit & skate. A gorgeous new addition with a chic, popular bar scene has doubled capacity at this destination restaurant.Special Features:
- Simply amazing food - clean.Lisa7854Dined on 8/10/2014The food is always clean (not swimming in sauce or oil that over powers the essence of the food). The host is so charming and welcoming. He makes you feel like a friend he has not seen in a long time. The menu is limited but the choices are varied so almost anyone can find something to enjoy. Desserts are a must!!! Be willing to try something you would have otherwise never considered and be prepared to have your breath taken away. I'm passionate about food and this place will never be without that passion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jmm7Dined on 8/10/2014If you're looking for top notch menu selections, stellar service, an environment unlike others in the area, simply an experience that is thoughtful all around - this is the place for you! The difference is truly in the details and Community Table has a flair for the attention and finesse that memorable experiences are made of. Surely a table you will pull a chair up to, time and time again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Special RestaurantHaveForkWillTravelDined on 8/9/2014Community table is a gem. My wife and I thought that the menu was very thoughtful and made excellent use of local, seasonal ingredients. The menu is unlike any other restaurant in the suburbs and beyond north of New York City. Community table is on par with (if not better than) well known names in major cities. We decided to have the tasting menu and thoroughly each course which was selected by the chef. Every dish was fresh and very distinctive. The restaurant is small and tastefully decorated but very unassuming. Because the restaurant is small, noise is not an issue and actually was a very nice change. The staff is very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. We know that we will return to Community table for more memorable meals.Special Features:
- HALLELUJAH!SAVANNAHGILLVIPDined on 8/9/2014Community Table is for people who truly enjoy good food, lovingly well prepared with intriguing flavor pairings. All with the additional plus of being locally sourced. There's a new mixologist to go with the bar and the new expansion has been done with the same care and effort that seems to go into everything here. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014One of the best and feshest meals I have every had. They give a new definifition "Frarm to Table" Amazxing place!Special Features:
- Fish lovers will be in heavenDerOstfrieseDined on 8/8/2014Order anything which swims - it is ALWAYS perfectly prepared. Best guess Joel's time spent @ Noma/Denmark shows it mark. Special recommendation: when oysters on the half shelf are available, oyster lovers will be in heaven and newcomers have to try them, too. It can't get better. And don't miss the dessert sampler - even when it is not mentioned on the menuSpecial Features:
- Trust is importantHoneymoonersDined on 8/7/2014It was so nice to know that all the food was locally sourced and organically grown (as much as possible). The chef is truly talented and it was a rare experience where we could completely relax knowing that everything on the plate was not only top quality but grown in ways sensitive to the environment and considerate of the ecology and its (delicious) inhabitants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SkierDined on 8/7/2014Very noisy. Food still very good but enjoyed it more when portions were small and food more varied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of the Community TablewalktoeatDined on 8/7/2014My husband and I celebrated my birthday at Ct with another couple of dear old friends. Our delightful server, Avery, greeted us warmly and showed us not only a wine list but a menu of Scotch and other spirits. When Avery took our food order she answered our questions expertly and in detail. Our appetizer was the cheese board and Avery was careful to point out that the jam on the cheese board had no cherries (one of our friends is severely allergic). Excellent choice! For dinner, two of us had crispy duck, one had halibut with fennel, creme fraiche, and green garbanzo beans, and I had roasted zucchini with squash flowers and other farm fresh vegetables. Our party agreed it was one of the best meals we had ever had in Litchfield County.Special Features:
- Best Food in AreaParisPoodleVIPDined on 8/3/2014I've loved CT since it opened a couple of years ago. It displaced West Street Grill as my favorite restaurant in the Washington, Litchfield area. Yummy, wholesome, truly outstanding food. Best bread and butter (which I'm told they make in-house). It's gotten more convenient to come here since they've allowed reservations and installed a handsome bar area, which I've yet to try. Service is friendly, but a bit confused. Our waitress forgot our drinks and brought the wrong dessert. She was duly apologetic. The maitre d' is a bit standoffish--which is fine, I guess, but I'm used to more fawning behavior.Special Features: