Community Table Restaurant
223 Litchfield Turnpike
New Preston, CT 06777Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
Community Table Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.communitytablect.com/
- Phone: (860) 868-9354
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joel Viehland
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Farm to Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Community Table Restaurant
The mission of the Community Table is to prepare the highest quality locally grown and procured ingredients to serve our community in a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Community Table Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Bantam ›
Community Table Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (130)special occasion (80)neighborhood gem (71)romantic (45)notable wine list (38)hot spot (32)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (20)late-night find (10)great for lunch (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Lovely dinner great food and staffMormorSandyDined on 11/21/2014I like the the menu varies with what is fresh locally. Great ingredients make for great food when prepared at Community Table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Resturant in CTMGfromWHDined on 11/21/2014Doesn't get any better than this! Very creative, fantastic variety and flavors, amazing presentation with a professional friendly staff. Been here at least 20 times and we're dazed and amazed every time. From the bread to the dessert it's always different and delicious. New bar is really cool too. Worth the trip from West Hartford every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and InventiveCarolynSVIPDined on 11/16/2014Our Sunday night dinner was very special- starting with the spicy squash soup (garnished with spicy chocolate and pumpkin seeds), followed by Swedish meatballs (served with lingonberries, pickled cucumbers and little potatoes) and finally three original flavors of sorbets/ice creams- thyme, vanilla pear and ricotta. Others at the table enjoyed plump fresh oysters and striped bass. While the ambiance is casual, the cuisine is special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodDined on 11/14/2014I have been waiting for an opportunity to have dinner at the CT Table and had heard about the unique pairing of ingredients and attention to detail in every dish. I was not disappointed, I especially loved the butternut squash soup! Our guests spent time tasting the soup and trying to tease out the ingredients that gave it such a distinctive flavor. We also had the chicken and it too was such a simple yet mouth watering dish. I can't wait to go back and try some new dishes made from local produce and meat. Excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstanding!GoodFoodLoverDined on 11/6/2014This was our second time eating here.Our 1st time was when it had just opened a few years ago & we took the kids.Unless your kids are appreciating the value of exquisite food this is probably not a good place to bring them.We went again last week to celebrate our anniversary and were happy to see that the restaurant had expanded and now has a full bar and additional room.The ambience was perfect,the service good, and the food simply unbelievable!There is a good chance you will never get the same meal there twice as their menu changes daily based on local farm food availability.All food is simply exquisite,the chef an unbelievable creator,and if you can be lucky enough to get an order of the Buffalo you will never want to eat any other meat.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014The creative menu was a fascinating blend of unique designs. The carrot cake was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still got itMikeyDined on 10/31/2014CT Table continues to put out the most interesting food to be found outside of New York City. Fresh, local, farm-to-table, yes. But, also inventive, surprising, and always tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Community Table8hereDined on 10/30/2014My husband and I enjoyed a nice quiet dinner at the Community Table. Everything we had was fresh and different from most restaurants we dined at.The drinks were excellent and unusual. I especially enjoyed the New England Clam Chowder - it was the best I ever had!Special Features:
- BrunchDined on 10/24/2014The restaurant was nice, I have been there before and sat In a lovely room . This time I didn't care for the room and the table. The host said when I made the reservations that I was told this was my table. Well since I made the reservation on open table I was never told that would be my table. He wouldn't change the table so it didn't make the experience pleasant. The menu was Difficult, not my favorite this time.Special Features:
- InnovativeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014The food was creative, beautifully presented and as delicious as it looked. The decor is simple and calming, allowing one to focus on the meal and your dining companions. A great evening.Special Features:
- continues to shine!AnnaDined on 10/23/2014We've now been to CT several times, and wouldn't dream of being in the area without having dinner here! The staff is wonderful, and the food is always fresh and innovative. It's a must!Special Features:
- LOVE Community Table!gudfoodDined on 10/23/2014We have been in the past and truly enjoyed our meal. Returned with friends who have a fondness for good food. Everything is full of flavor and served with eye appeal. The atmosphere is inviting and staff very friendly. This place is one of our favorites!Special Features:
- Woodbury ResidentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Our waitress was unable to handle Grace's special food requests and bowed out. She was completely flustered. She seemed to be having trouble with the Maitre D. My Buttternut squash soup was ruined by the addition of the spiced chocolate(It was over-powering). Our Skate and Sturgeon entries were excellent, with the exception of my brussel sprout leaves; I would have prefferred the whole brussel sprouts(more substance to my meal).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs workRJFMDDined on 10/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Community Table but felt it's reputation far exceeded the actual meal. The food was very good, but nothing was especially memorable.,ie - for example the halibut was an excellent piece of fish, presented very nicely but ultimately just a piece of plain fish The waitress was awkward and not well trained. We would not rush back. Also, the chairs were extremely uncomfortable.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Always a treat! Joel's kitchen serves up a feast for the senses!Special Features:
- What a lucky find!CTRobVIPDined on 10/18/2014LOVED LOVED LOVED this place! Our meal was a good as any that we have had in any major city. The staff was incredibly pleasant, helpful and knowledgeable. The decor was perfect. But you come for the food and it doesn't disappoint. Everything was fresh, inventive without being too far "out there", and beautifully presented. There is no pretentiousness here either. The Swedish meatball dish was amazing. Desserts were incredibly delicious and fun. I can't wait to come back! Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back...SpoonerGirlDined on 10/13/2014Great food... Such a warm atmosphere.... The host and the waitress were both so kind and accommodating.... Only negative...prices are a bit steep and I wouldn't call the portions gigantic. But the food is outrageously good so it's definitely worth it for a special occasion. Otherwise, I get this place top marks. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Second Time NOT the charmEatOutDined on 10/11/2014I ate at Ct a month ago and had an absolutely fabulous meal. A few days ago I returned, and the experience was forgettable. A Saturday night both times. On the second occasion the service was a bit sketchy, although our waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful about the wine list. The real issue was the food. One person ordered venison tartare as a starter and neither she nor anyone else could eat it-glutinous and tasteless. I had the elk, perfectly cooked and delicious, but the squabs were undercooked and had to be sent back to the kitchen. The other diners were underwhelmed by their choices. It was disappointing after the previous experience. I highly recommend Ct on a good day, but their "off" days are, sadly, running even.
- Simply DeliciousMomskitchen54VIPDined on 10/9/2014Our entire meal was simply delicious. Delicate handling of fresh elk w/hazlenut mayo was smart and tasty. Swedish meatballs; authentically served with lingonberries, potatoes and pickles lit up the table! Above all, staff were tremendous. We brought our elderly Mom (who's pretty kooky) and they treated her with respect and consideration. When we asked her what was her favorite thing about dinner she quickly replied, "the lovely gentleman who took such good care of us".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant out of way placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/6/2014New Preston Connecticut is a little bit at the end of the world but you won't be disappointed if you drop the CT. Everything about the CT makes for good dinning experience. Comfortable and inviting decor. Friendly and helpful waitresses. And food prepared by the owner chef who takes great pride in both the quality and presentation. The CT is definitely a place to wonder over to and enjoy a delicious meal over a great glass of wine.Special Features:
- Brilliant cuisine, great restaurantverotomDined on 10/3/2014Quite simply one of the best meals I have eaten anywhere in the past 20 years. We were a (birthday) party of five, we each ordered something different, and we were all amazed by the food. Your creativity on top of your quality is just astonishing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodJDanDined on 10/2/2014Great food locally gathered. Left only one ligonberry on my plate and I couldn't get it on my spoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymousDined on 9/29/2014It is always a treat to see what delicious dishes that Joel creates from local fare. Ours were fun, tasty, and left us looking forward to our next visit!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Outstanding food. Unusual dishes because Joel uses only what is fresh locally. Never a disappointment.Special Features:
- One of our Favorites!SGFAVIPDined on 9/27/2014Community Table never disappoints… It continues to be one of our favorites!Special Features:
- like2dineoutDined on 9/27/2014Community Table Restaurant is a special place for an outstanding meal, with superb service and romantic atmosphere. A CT gem for dining elegance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousCharlieDined on 9/27/2014CT was delectable. From wine to beer to the food, all was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drink menuFrequentcustomerDined on 9/26/2014If you are to offer standard drink items that could be found anywhere else 8$ for a beer is way over prices and a martini 15$ is over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every meal delicious!PlaceofReposeDined on 9/25/2014The best red meat (elk) that I have ever eaten! Beautiful presentation on the plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magnifique!ShellDined on 9/19/2014The dinner on Friday was delicious. The menu was very interesting and we all tried different dishes. My husband and I had just been to Paris and I could say that the quality of this meal was comparable to any dinner we had in France. One criticism I have is that the scrumptious cucumber soup I ordered as an appetizer was very paltry. The bowl was literally 2 tablespoons full of the soup. More suitable as a toddler's portion. Otherwise, it was a perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RBS1Dined on 9/18/2014The very select drinks list made it difficult for our group to get the drinks we wanted. No Jack Daniels or regular scotches. Found wine list to be too expensive so paid the $25 corkage fee and drank our own. However we very much enjoyed the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly disappointing serviceAlexDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I went there for dinner. At the time of our reservation we walked in and ... were not greeted. No one was in the greeting area just a laptop turned such that the screen was facing the door we entered and all the booking for that night were on display. A young girl wandered by the counter and asked why we were there.... After we explained that we were there for dinner, she said ok and disappeared. Finally, after another few minutes, a gentleman showed us to our table. The place is Scandinavian kind of beautiful. The food was good. The waiting staff was good, they almost made up for the greeter snafu. I dont think we will be coming back here, for us it was a long drive and I dont want to risk another disappointing experience.
- Highly recommendedJohnDined on 9/18/2014The food was the centrepiece - it was fresh, imaginative and beautifully presented. It was a relaxed atmosphere and service was helpful without being over-attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- community gemPampersDined on 9/13/2014Food always consistently fresh,innovative and delicious! Service is attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Ambience warm and inviting.Special Features:
- InnovativeReservationQueenDined on 9/12/2014Food was delicious and creative...use lots of local, fresh produce...ibn our group, one had Boar pork which she thought was fabulous...and othe others has Bolonaise with beef, veal and pork which was excellent...appetizer of heirloom tomatoes was also great. Peach cobbler with crumb topping topped off a wonderful dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor experiencephilDined on 9/11/2014Excellent food, but very poor service. Waiting staff hardly spoke to us, bread appeared after starter arrived and restaurant seemed to have no record of reservation (confirmed by email from Open Table) and stuck us in a side room with only a couple of other occupied tables, even though only half full at best. So whilst the food was good, the overall experience was poor (as was value for money, in an area that has some great restaurants at all pricing levels) and we wouldn't return.
- Dinner and a drive.bkysuebooVIPDined on 9/7/2014The drive from Canton, Ct to Washington, CT is very pretty. It takes about forty-five minutes to get to Community Table. It is so worth the drive. This was our second trip, and once again we were pleased enough to say we will be back. I tried the French 75 cocktail, made with brandy, lovely start! The food is superb. The heirloom tomatoes, with burrata was a very good first course. The husband had the smoked fingerling potatoes, also excellent. I had the bass, he had the steak, both perfectly cooked with interesting and tasty sides. We ended with a peach crisp, and a chocolate mousse cake, with an excellent pot of pressed decafe coffee. We liked the chocolate mousse cake, but loved the peach crisp! Can't wait to do it again!Special Features:
- Culinary HeavenSkinnyDined on 9/6/2014The decor in the new addition distinguishes it from any other restaurant in Ct. It definitely adds a whole new dimension to the already delightful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HighwaterDined on 9/6/2014A special dining experience. Nicely decorated yet simple, beautiful presentation of an extraordinary meal starting with a delicious Martini. We ended our dining experience in the bar where the drinks were first class and the bartender engaging. I will attempt to duplicate the Martini recipe which was, while far from typical, a really enjoyable drink. We will be back!Special Features:
- foodAnoiseZDined on 9/5/2014Much better than last time for service and ambience, perhaps we were in the back room. Noise level still made it hard to hear each other. Wine prices seem prohibitive. Food excellent as always.Special Features: