1205 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.commonquarter.com/
- Phone: (678) 809-4040
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10.30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Gardner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Common Quarter
Common Quarter is a locally supported, seasonally driven, Southern Coast & Farm restaurant that focuses on comfort, human connection, savory food, gratifying drink and pleasantly memorable service.Continued
Please sit deep and enjoy the experience.
Please sit deep and enjoy the experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Common Quarter - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Common Quarter reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (114)fit for foodies (101)good for groups (68)great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (40)notable wine list (26)kid-friendly (25)great for brunch (22)hot spot (20)romantic (19)vibrant bar scene (16)great for lunch (10)late-night find (3)Show More
- We had an amazing night with excellent food!foodbumVIPDined on 11/21/2014Our server was helpful, bright and informative. Our dishes were all perfect, the beer, wine and bourbon selections made the evening special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent foodksmithDined on 11/16/2014I've come to realize after eating here numerous times that the heat/spice level of foods is inconsistent. I prefer low spice/heat. I've gotten the shrimp tacos a few times and the slaw is what's spicy, so I order without. This time the taco was super spicy and extremely salty. Same with the roasted broccoli. Sometimes fine and one time unedible due to heat level. The kids menu and price is what brings us here, but the chef needs to be more consistent in his use of spice. Nice atmosphere and kid friendly, but adult menu needs some work. Also got the fried chicken liver, which was recommended by staff, seemed somewhat undone and so wasn't eaten by our group. Staff should have comped the recommendation.Special Features:
- Pretty Good MealfoodiefreakDined on 11/15/2014Based on some reviews, we decided to try Common Quarter. We live about 45 minutes away, so this isn't a local place for us. We made a reservation, which they called to confirm, and were very professional. We were seated immediately, and our server was on top of his game. We ordered multiple appetizers, starters and entrees. A few items were overdone (about half of the pork belly in the bacon & eggs was hard as a rock), and the tots were average. The beet salad was very small given the price. The Holeman + Finch bread was great, as were the drink selections. For the entrees, the tomato soup and grilled cheese were average, nothing memorable. But the mac & cheese and the pot roast entree were incredible. Those two are worth going back for, without question. Overall it was a nice dining experience, with a very knowledgeable staff, and some good food. It may be a while before we decide to go back due to the distance, but we will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014Excellent food, service…very well managed restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go to Common Quarter again!MaureenZDined on 11/14/2014Our server was great, our food was amazing and we even got a complimentary dessert for our anniversary. A Perfect meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/10/2014This restaurant is tucked out of sight but should not be missed. Great restaurant, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously YummyAllisonMDined on 11/9/2014These folks know what they're doing! from delicious, mouth watering food to top notch attentive service, Common Quarter delivered. I had their burger, and it was flavorful and juicy. The fries were perfect - crispy on the outside, soft inside. My friend had their crabcakes benedict, and said it was drool-worthy.Special Features:
- Great time, service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Went to this restaurant for the first time after hearing a lot of good word about it and everything was great. We were a party of 5 (2 adults and 3 kids, 17, 13, 9) and everyone was pleased by food and service.Special Features:
- Great find in East CobbIamlb1Dined on 11/7/2014The pot roast was amazing. Very flavorful and like a party in my mouth and tummy. I also got the Coca-Cola wings as an appetizer. They were cooked perfectly, though I did not find the Coca-Cola base very tasty. I wish they had been cooked and or marinated in more seasoning. The service was great. Very attentive and very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hipster in east cobb?JoeyDined on 11/6/2014not bad food but... Service was really slow and servers were minimally attentive. Not sure if it they didn't care or if I was supposed to be so enamored by their flannel shirts and beards that I overlooked their lack of caring. BTW - host dude... if you can't manage people coming in the restaurant without being flustered, you should find another hipster gig.... Overpriced. Overhyped.
- Modern and Trendy!!RobynDined on 11/4/2014Bar was beatiful and vintage looking. Restaurant very industrial and trendy! Bartender was very friendly and made special cocktail for me that was delicious. Love that the bar is near dining but separate. Outdoor patio has fireplace with comfortable chairs!! Awesome. Shutters hanging everywhere and worth it. Menu was perfect! Not overwhelming, but a good variety. Very clever and delicious food that tasted fresh!! Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening Out with friendsletseatout1Dined on 11/4/2014Our food was good. Service was good. Food came out in a timely manner. Server was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B-day dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2014Wife's birthday and our 2hd time to dine here, both times very pleased with menu and the food we ordered. Enjoyed very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit dissapointedJeffDVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have been here several times hoping the experience would improve, however this has not happened. The food has been at best average but pricing reflects very good expectations so we will dine at other restaurants in the future.
- Excellent mealSharonDined on 10/31/2014We really enjoyed our meal on the patio. It was a cool night and the fireplace was blazing and the heaters were on making the temperature perfect. The food was very good, they had our favorite wine (a Turley) and our server was friendly and offered great service. All good!Special Features:
- Not quite Muss and TurnersSmyrnaLocalVIPDined on 10/29/2014I had very high expectations of Common Quarter as I am a huge fan of Muss and Turners. I was much less thrilled with the food here vs M&T. Our party of 6 all enjoyed their meals but to me none of the dishes quite had the "flare" I expected. Good, but maybe not what I expected.Special Features:
- SAgirlSAgirlDined on 10/25/2014Even though we were early for our reservation they accommodated us. Atmosphere was very good,busy but not too loud. Menu was varied and wine and beer list good. Would recommend.Special Features:
- close to homenonicknameDined on 10/24/2014Hello, everyone was very friendly and we were excited to have a place close to home. Our mussel apps were tasty but when the waitress took our plates from our appetizer she took our utensils as well. She did not replace them and when our food arrived we did not have any forks, knives etc. It then took quite a while for her to check on us and our food had become room temperature at best. We ate it anyway and the flavor was pretty good. Overall, I would give it a 6 out of 10 but honestly we will go back one more time to give them another shot as they are 4 miles from our house.Special Features:
- ReviewsandysueDined on 10/24/2014Service started out well but frayed some as it got more crowded. Food good but need more healthy choices.Special Features:
- Great find!JamesDined on 10/24/2014We had no idea about this restaurant until we went on open table. I had seen a small sign but did not even realize that the place was open! We live only minutes away as well! What a pleasant surprise to FINALLY have a great place to go in east Cobb. The reviews are true... it is a wonderful restaurant. The food was amazing, the drinks were wonderful and the service very friendly and great. We will be back VERY soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!SingshinekimDined on 10/22/2014The food was DELICIOUS and the service was spectacular! Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindJudsonDined on 10/18/2014I'm a big supporter of Muss & Turner and Local 3. Was meeting a client for dinner who lives in Roswell and was looking for something between me (Vinings) and Roswell. Saw the review in the AJC, and picked Common Quarter. What a surprise when I saw Ryan Turner walking towards the kitchen. Told my client order whatever sounds good as these guy know what they're doing in the kitchen. Great food and great service. Great experience as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itmartidavedinnerDined on 10/17/2014Very nice experience. Many things on the menu that I want to try. That's a good sign. We liked our dinners very much and the service was great. Some reasonably priced very nice wines by the glass. We were there on a Friday night and we generally avoid noisy, crowed places on weekends. The restaurant was filled and vibrant but not unpleasantly crowded and noisy. We'll probably return this week and sit at the bar which seemed very inviting. There's a partially curtained off extra dining area off to the left which we didn't like the looks of.Special Features:
- Good impression on first visitHappydinerDined on 10/17/2014My wife, who had dined here 3 times before, and I had an excellent dinner. My wife loved her trout dinner and I loved the sweet potato soup as my appetizer. The pork entrée was very good though not as tender as comparable pork chop dinners. It was very tasty though and earned a 4 state rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Nearby Brunch SpotAdrianVIPDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant recently got a new sign and is now more visually appealing than before (plus easier to find)! The food continues to be worth the visit: everyone typically enjoys the 'Yesterday's soup', the '"look west" Burger', I recently tried and liked their 'Chef's morning after' dish. The service is always friendly, true to their claim about providing warm hospitality from the South. It's a real treat to have a nearby restaurant in East Cobb that serves a good brunch and feel confident that my experience will be a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half off wine bottles on Wednesday!1HungryBearVIPDined on 10/8/2014What a welcomed surprise! We love 50% off wine! My girlfriends and I had a very nice time here! The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous place!LPKRoswellDined on 10/5/2014The food is wonderful, the service is fantastic, and the drinks are great! So wonderful to have an excellent restaurant right in our own neighborhood instead of having to go inside the perimeter. In fact, some of our ITP friends actually come out here to meet us for dinner because it's such a wonderful experience and the food is fresh, often locally sourced, and extremely well prepared. We eat here frequently and it is consistently an excellent experience! I highly recommend Common Quarter!Special Features:
- gahereticDined on 10/3/2014The Big Green Egg BBQ Pork sandwich was outstanding, as were the PEI mussels. Manifesto Lake County Cabernet is a gem. Wine prices a bit high; food prices reasonable. Next time will be the half price wine night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had to try the burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014have been here several times but never tried the burger, which i heard was outstanding and i didnt dissappoint! will be having it again for sure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014food was excellent-- could have just had appetizers and been happy. Service was iffy. Our server asked us if we wanted another drink-- left before we could answer, then was tied up with table next to us.Special Features:
- Good food, but not great.lookingforgemDined on 9/27/2014Had hoped that the food would be as good as the hype, but found it pretty average. Expected grilled eggplant appetizer to be hot and crispy, but it was cold and limp. The cod entree was good and satisfying, but lacking any real interest. Bartender got the beer order wrong, but quickly sent a replacement, and the server got an appetizer order wrong, again quickly fixed. And we did a free dessert as an apology. The Cocacola cake was the highlight of the meal, so don't skip on dessert. Hopefully with a little fine tuning this will become a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Common Quarter first timerjgarlandDined on 9/19/2014Our first trip to Common Quarter was disappointing at best. The value for what we received was just not up to par. I went in with high expectations but left with little to brag about. The service was exceptional, I must say, but the meal was underwhelming.
- DELIGHTFUL DISCOVERYJanceccVIPDined on 9/18/2014We decided to - finally! - check out Common Quarter during Cobb County Restaurant Week. As our daughter had just returned from a trip to Europe, we wanted to have a small celebration dinner. Our experience could not have been better. All three of us loved the prix fixe meal and each of the courses was prepared perfectly, plated skillfully and tasted delicious. We would describe our meal as "comfort food with an edge". We can't wait to return. Many thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Have been several times for dinner, but brunch is best. Outstanding French Toast and blueberry pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Good service and good food. This is one of the best new restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Satisfied the Foodie in our GroupMannyVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had heard mixed reviews on Common Quarter. We were all VERY pleasantly surprised! We visited during Cobb Restaurant Week. and 5 of the 6 of us partook of the 3 course special. It was delicious - I only hope they have the same food on their regular menu. The sauteed calamari had us begging for more bread to soak up the broth; the trout was nothing short of spectacular. The 2 negatives were handled quickly and thoughtfully; a waiter came to the table to apologize for taking two of our appetizers to a different table delaying our service - and the over cooked pork chop was quickly replaced and satisfied it's owner who quickly said "I'd love to come back here".. a difficult complement to obtain from that particular foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding everythingspacekaceDined on 9/13/2014service was impeccable, food and drinks were delicious. we will absolutely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home Grown ExperiencecanusagalDined on 9/13/2014Common Quarter was recommended to me since we just moved to the area. The location is in a strip mall which wouldn't necessarily attract me. However...the atmosphere was nice, the service was impeccable, and the food was amazing! I had the chicken dish with polenta and mushrooms. Perfect portion, nice and tender, wonderful flavor! We will definitely go back again. Their menu changes as the Ga seasons change. Worth going!Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinnerbillybobeventplannerDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated tuning 65 with my wife, son, and daughter in law. Usual excellent breadth of cuisine, bar made excellent drink, and a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- Loved it!New2CobbDined on 9/8/2014Perfect for families or date night. Best hamburger ever! I'll definitely go back.Special Features: