1205 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.commonquarter.com/
- Phone: 6788094040x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10.30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Gardner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Common Quarter
Common Quarter is a locally supported, seasonally driven, Southern Coast & Farm restaurant that focuses on comfort, human connection, savory food, gratifying drink and pleasantly memorable service.Continued
Please sit deep and enjoy the experience.
Please sit deep and enjoy the experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Common Quarter - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Common Quarter reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (120)fit for foodies (105)good for groups (66)special occasion (49)great for outdoor dining (47)notable wine list (30)kid-friendly (28)great for brunch (24)romantic (20)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (9)late-night find (5)Show More
- Great FindJudsonDined on 10/18/2014I'm a big supporter of Muss & Turner and Local 3. Was meeting a client for dinner who lives in Roswell and was looking for something between me (Vinings) and Roswell. Saw the review in the AJC, and picked Common Quarter. What a surprise when I saw Ryan Turner walking towards the kitchen. Told my client order whatever sounds good as these guy know what they're doing in the kitchen. Great food and great service. Great experience as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itmartidavedinnerDined on 10/17/2014Very nice experience. Many things on the menu that I want to try. That's a good sign. We liked our dinners very much and the service was great. Some reasonably priced very nice wines by the glass. We were there on a Friday night and we generally avoid noisy, crowed places on weekends. The restaurant was filled and vibrant but not unpleasantly crowded and noisy. We'll probably return this week and sit at the bar which seemed very inviting. There's a partially curtained off extra dining area off to the left which we didn't like the looks of.Special Features:
- Good impression on first visitHappydinerDined on 10/17/2014My wife, who had dined here 3 times before, and I had an excellent dinner. My wife loved her trout dinner and I loved the sweet potato soup as my appetizer. The pork entrée was very good though not as tender as comparable pork chop dinners. It was very tasty though and earned a 4 state rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Nearby Brunch SpotAdrianVIPDined on 10/12/2014The restaurant recently got a new sign and is now more visually appealing than before (plus easier to find)! The food continues to be worth the visit: everyone typically enjoys the 'Yesterday's soup', the '"look west" Burger', I recently tried and liked their 'Chef's morning after' dish. The service is always friendly, true to their claim about providing warm hospitality from the South. It's a real treat to have a nearby restaurant in East Cobb that serves a good brunch and feel confident that my experience will be a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Half off wine bottles on Wednesday!1HungryBearDined on 10/8/2014What a welcomed surprise! We love 50% off wine! My girlfriends and I had a very nice time here! The food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous place!LPKRoswellDined on 10/5/2014The food is wonderful, the service is fantastic, and the drinks are great! So wonderful to have an excellent restaurant right in our own neighborhood instead of having to go inside the perimeter. In fact, some of our ITP friends actually come out here to meet us for dinner because it's such a wonderful experience and the food is fresh, often locally sourced, and extremely well prepared. We eat here frequently and it is consistently an excellent experience! I highly recommend Common Quarter!Special Features:
- gahereticDined on 10/3/2014The Big Green Egg BBQ Pork sandwich was outstanding, as were the PEI mussels. Manifesto Lake County Cabernet is a gem. Wine prices a bit high; food prices reasonable. Next time will be the half price wine night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had to try the burgerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/3/2014have been here several times but never tried the burger, which i heard was outstanding and i didnt dissappoint! will be having it again for sure!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014food was excellent-- could have just had appetizers and been happy. Service was iffy. Our server asked us if we wanted another drink-- left before we could answer, then was tied up with table next to us.Special Features:
- Good food, but not great.lookingforgemDined on 9/27/2014Had hoped that the food would be as good as the hype, but found it pretty average. Expected grilled eggplant appetizer to be hot and crispy, but it was cold and limp. The cod entree was good and satisfying, but lacking any real interest. Bartender got the beer order wrong, but quickly sent a replacement, and the server got an appetizer order wrong, again quickly fixed. And we did a free dessert as an apology. The Cocacola cake was the highlight of the meal, so don't skip on dessert. Hopefully with a little fine tuning this will become a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Common Quarter first timerjgarlandDined on 9/19/2014Our first trip to Common Quarter was disappointing at best. The value for what we received was just not up to par. I went in with high expectations but left with little to brag about. The service was exceptional, I must say, but the meal was underwhelming.
- DELIGHTFUL DISCOVERYJanceccVIPDined on 9/18/2014We decided to - finally! - check out Common Quarter during Cobb County Restaurant Week. As our daughter had just returned from a trip to Europe, we wanted to have a small celebration dinner. Our experience could not have been better. All three of us loved the prix fixe meal and each of the courses was prepared perfectly, plated skillfully and tasted delicious. We would describe our meal as "comfort food with an edge". We can't wait to return. Many thanks for a memorable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Have been several times for dinner, but brunch is best. Outstanding French Toast and blueberry pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Good service and good food. This is one of the best new restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Satisfied the Foodie in our GroupMannyVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had heard mixed reviews on Common Quarter. We were all VERY pleasantly surprised! We visited during Cobb Restaurant Week. and 5 of the 6 of us partook of the 3 course special. It was delicious - I only hope they have the same food on their regular menu. The sauteed calamari had us begging for more bread to soak up the broth; the trout was nothing short of spectacular. The 2 negatives were handled quickly and thoughtfully; a waiter came to the table to apologize for taking two of our appetizers to a different table delaying our service - and the over cooked pork chop was quickly replaced and satisfied it's owner who quickly said "I'd love to come back here".. a difficult complement to obtain from that particular foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding everythingspacekaceDined on 9/13/2014service was impeccable, food and drinks were delicious. we will absolutely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home Grown ExperiencecanusagalDined on 9/13/2014Common Quarter was recommended to me since we just moved to the area. The location is in a strip mall which wouldn't necessarily attract me. However...the atmosphere was nice, the service was impeccable, and the food was amazing! I had the chicken dish with polenta and mushrooms. Perfect portion, nice and tender, wonderful flavor! We will definitely go back again. Their menu changes as the Ga seasons change. Worth going!Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinnerbillybobeventplannerDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated tuning 65 with my wife, son, and daughter in law. Usual excellent breadth of cuisine, bar made excellent drink, and a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- Loved it!New2CobbDined on 9/8/2014Perfect for families or date night. Best hamburger ever! I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- One of the BESTnvr2ltDined on 9/8/2014The Muss and Turner Team, especially Chris Talley, have outdone themselves on this one. Great restaurant and atmosphere. It is so hard to find a place that has grass fed beef, and organic food. This will be a weekly staple of ours.Special Features:
- NicholasNicholasDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding food and service! I like that the staff is casual and the fact the restaurant is all about great food and service!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantRunnerny2244VIPDined on 9/6/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at Common Quarter. The food was great and the menu had a wide variety. The portion size was a little small, but was very well put together. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Great all aroundCatala66200Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, great service... finally a mid town food concept in Cobb. My daughter and I are celiac and they had plenty of gluten free options on the menu but not the french fries :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food at Fair PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Also excellent drinks from the bar. Went there for anniversary. We'll be back for lunch and dinner. Hope these guys keep the same vibe and good service no matter how long they stay or how busy they get.Special Features:
- Good food!JulieDEVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had reservations and had to wait. We were seated a long, long table on the end. It was okay. The service was slow but the food was good! We'd return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Common Quarter--Not GoodLongTimeEastCobbDined on 9/5/2014The best thing about Common Quarter was the service. We had an attentive server for our anniversary dinner. The food was terrible. My wife and I are not big eaters so we split the Lump Crab Quesadilla and the Lobster Risotto. Both were salty and the seafood appeared to have been frozen. The texture was not that of fresh seafood. At Common Quarter, I guess that farm to table means something I don't understand. I was intrigued by the huge map of St. Simon's on the wall. At least I could dream of good seafood....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food seemed to be of good quality, but the entrees were too small - we left still hungry - and went elsewhere to finish our evening meal.
- Common Quarterhard2pleaseDined on 8/31/2014Loved the décor! Servers were very friendly and attentive. I had the buffalo chicken salad which was fair. I had expected something more interesting based on the prices and the atmosphere. My co-diners said their food was excellent. Overall, I thought a bit pricey, but a nice experience. I will revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We went with a group of 5 during Friday night dinner. It was a bit busy as expected. Our service did seem a bit slow even for a busy night, but the food was incredible, and the atmosphere was lively and enjoyable! Note: I've been here a few other times, and the service has otherwise been above and beyond!Special Features:
- Knowledgeable staff, flavorful foodfoodisloveDined on 8/29/2014Common Quarter is fantastically consistent even though the menu changes regularly and is seasonal. There's always something new to try, it is well thought out and varied. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and seem happy to work there. Great attention to detail in the decor as well. Chris, the managing partner, provides such a personal experience for each diner - for all of these reasons, I'm always ready to return as soon as I'm finished eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKMillerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went this weekend with my wife and had mixed reactions. We started with the smoked chicken wings that were pretty good and a $6 basket of not so good stale bread. Our main courses pretty much followed suit - my wife had the grown up grill cheese - which was amazingly good however the less then impressive mac-n-cheese (which we were up charged $3 for) was a major disappointment. I had the kielbasa with tator tots which I enjoyed. Overall we walked away with a mediocre experience.
- DinnerkeepdancingDined on 8/23/2014We were very impressed by the friendliness and the attentiveness from the hostess to the waiter! The owner came by and checked on us also! The food was excellent and affordable. The service outstanding! We will be going there regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our evening and will returnJudithDined on 8/23/2014Pleasant, homey atmosphere, does not have a crowded feeling. Several different seating configurations. Our food was excellent. Server was patient and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to East CobbGr8fudDined on 8/22/2014Good food for a reasonable amount of money. The service was fabulous. The peanut butter and chocolate mousse is a must have!Special Features:
- Lobster RisottoGreatfoodieDined on 8/22/2014First time for the Lobster Risotto for my wife and I with friends the other night paired with "Just" wine. Absolutely fantastic. Keep this one on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but not spectacularFrankDined on 8/21/2014Second visit to Common Quarter. Food was acceptable but not spectacular. Quesadillas were too rich for both myself and my wife. Shrimp tacos were pretty good. Layout of restaurant and how they use tables is less than ideal. Two tops are on the side only. We were seated in one and we felt banished. Restaurant was maybe only 25% full. Service was unspectacular but acceptable. A little more affordable than some of the "higher end" East Cobb restaurants but I would have expected more. Will probably go again (not not real soon) -- probably when I want a burger and want to have one of their's or I want to sit on a patio. But I'll go to one of their competitors more often.
- Relaxing cool vibeWorst2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014Delicious food. Fun atmosphere great local spot to dine listen to live music and kick backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EastCobbFoodieDined on 8/16/2014I found this on OT and was surprised I'd not heard of it before. For those familiar with the area, I would say it is comparable to Seed, with fresh, locally grown, farm to table ingredients. And the menu changes seasonally, if not daily. Everything we had was fantastic and we'll definitely be adding this one to the rotation. LOVE that this area is starting to get some great restaurants. It's been too long!Special Features:
- expectations?food4loveDined on 8/16/2014We arrived 15 prior to our reservation and instead of welcoming us the host looked annoyed. We were sent to the bar. The barman and drinks were great. Having been at another restaurant close to this one with a.similar concept I had higher expectations. For us going to a restaurant is not just in order to eat. We like to have an experience and this one was not one of them. The waiter was as unexciting as my curry vegetables. My husband trout was superb though. The dessert...I left half of it. You could taste the freshness of the ingredients, no question about it, but no passion for making them shine. I might have had the wrong expectations.
- Definitely going back to this one!Anna613Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I ate at Common Quarter for the first time the other night and had a great experience. The restaurant has a great feel to it - casual yet classy at the same time. Our server was so helpful and knowledgeable and personable, too! We ended up splitting a bunch of appetizers instead of ordering entrees. We wanted to try a bunch of different things. We had the watermelon and heirloom tomato salad, the lamb bacon, thai crab cake (which was a special), and the creamed kale. The crab cake & the kale were killer, but the lamb bacon was a little rich for me.Special Features: