1205 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.commonquarter.com/
- Phone: 6788094040x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10.30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Gardner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Common Quarter
Common Quarter is a locally supported, seasonally driven, Southern Coast & Farm restaurant that focuses on comfort, human connection, savory food, gratifying drink and pleasantly memorable service.Continued
Please sit deep and enjoy the experience.
Please sit deep and enjoy the experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Common Quarter - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Common Quarter reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (131)fit for foodies (117)good for groups (68)special occasion (57)great for outdoor dining (54)kid-friendly (36)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (28)romantic (25)hot spot (14)vibrant bar scene (14)great for lunch (8)late-night find (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014Have been several times for dinner, but brunch is best. Outstanding French Toast and blueberry pancakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/13/2014Good service and good food. This is one of the best new restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Satisfied the Foodie in our GroupMannyVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had heard mixed reviews on Common Quarter. We were all VERY pleasantly surprised! We visited during Cobb Restaurant Week. and 5 of the 6 of us partook of the 3 course special. It was delicious - I only hope they have the same food on their regular menu. The sauteed calamari had us begging for more bread to soak up the broth; the trout was nothing short of spectacular. The 2 negatives were handled quickly and thoughtfully; a waiter came to the table to apologize for taking two of our appetizers to a different table delaying our service - and the over cooked pork chop was quickly replaced and satisfied it's owner who quickly said "I'd love to come back here".. a difficult complement to obtain from that particular foodie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding everythingspacekaceDined on 9/13/2014service was impeccable, food and drinks were delicious. we will absolutely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Home Grown ExperiencecanusagalDined on 9/13/2014Common Quarter was recommended to me since we just moved to the area. The location is in a strip mall which wouldn't necessarily attract me. However...the atmosphere was nice, the service was impeccable, and the food was amazing! I had the chicken dish with polenta and mushrooms. Perfect portion, nice and tender, wonderful flavor! We will definitely go back again. Their menu changes as the Ga seasons change. Worth going!Special Features:
- Nice birthday dinnerbillybobeventplannerDined on 9/12/2014Celebrated tuning 65 with my wife, son, and daughter in law. Usual excellent breadth of cuisine, bar made excellent drink, and a good time was had by all.Special Features:
- Loved it!New2CobbDined on 9/8/2014Perfect for families or date night. Best hamburger ever! I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- One of the BESTnvr2ltDined on 9/8/2014The Muss and Turner Team, especially Chris Talley, have outdone themselves on this one. Great restaurant and atmosphere. It is so hard to find a place that has grass fed beef, and organic food. This will be a weekly staple of ours.Special Features:
- NicholasNicholasDined on 9/6/2014Outstanding food and service! I like that the staff is casual and the fact the restaurant is all about great food and service!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantRunnerny2244VIPDined on 9/6/2014We very much enjoyed our dinner at Common Quarter. The food was great and the menu had a wide variety. The portion size was a little small, but was very well put together. We will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- Great all aroundCatala66200Dined on 9/6/2014Great food, great service... finally a mid town food concept in Cobb. My daughter and I are celiac and they had plenty of gluten free options on the menu but not the french fries :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Food at Fair PriceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Also excellent drinks from the bar. Went there for anniversary. We'll be back for lunch and dinner. Hope these guys keep the same vibe and good service no matter how long they stay or how busy they get.Special Features:
- Good food!JulieDEVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had reservations and had to wait. We were seated a long, long table on the end. It was okay. The service was slow but the food was good! We'd return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Common Quarter--Not GoodLongTimeEastCobbDined on 9/5/2014The best thing about Common Quarter was the service. We had an attentive server for our anniversary dinner. The food was terrible. My wife and I are not big eaters so we split the Lump Crab Quesadilla and the Lobster Risotto. Both were salty and the seafood appeared to have been frozen. The texture was not that of fresh seafood. At Common Quarter, I guess that farm to table means something I don't understand. I was intrigued by the huge map of St. Simon's on the wall. At least I could dream of good seafood....
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014Food seemed to be of good quality, but the entrees were too small - we left still hungry - and went elsewhere to finish our evening meal.
- Common Quarterhard2pleaseDined on 8/31/2014Loved the décor! Servers were very friendly and attentive. I had the buffalo chicken salad which was fair. I had expected something more interesting based on the prices and the atmosphere. My co-diners said their food was excellent. Overall, I thought a bit pricey, but a nice experience. I will revisit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We went with a group of 5 during Friday night dinner. It was a bit busy as expected. Our service did seem a bit slow even for a busy night, but the food was incredible, and the atmosphere was lively and enjoyable! Note: I've been here a few other times, and the service has otherwise been above and beyond!Special Features:
- Knowledgeable staff, flavorful foodfoodisloveDined on 8/29/2014Common Quarter is fantastically consistent even though the menu changes regularly and is seasonal. There's always something new to try, it is well thought out and varied. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable and seem happy to work there. Great attention to detail in the decor as well. Chris, the managing partner, provides such a personal experience for each diner - for all of these reasons, I'm always ready to return as soon as I'm finished eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKMillerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went this weekend with my wife and had mixed reactions. We started with the smoked chicken wings that were pretty good and a $6 basket of not so good stale bread. Our main courses pretty much followed suit - my wife had the grown up grill cheese - which was amazingly good however the less then impressive mac-n-cheese (which we were up charged $3 for) was a major disappointment. I had the kielbasa with tator tots which I enjoyed. Overall we walked away with a mediocre experience.
- DinnerkeepdancingDined on 8/23/2014We were very impressed by the friendliness and the attentiveness from the hostess to the waiter! The owner came by and checked on us also! The food was excellent and affordable. The service outstanding! We will be going there regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our evening and will returnJudithDined on 8/23/2014Pleasant, homey atmosphere, does not have a crowded feeling. Several different seating configurations. Our food was excellent. Server was patient and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to East CobbGr8fudDined on 8/22/2014Good food for a reasonable amount of money. The service was fabulous. The peanut butter and chocolate mousse is a must have!Special Features:
- Lobster RisottoGreatfoodieDined on 8/22/2014First time for the Lobster Risotto for my wife and I with friends the other night paired with "Just" wine. Absolutely fantastic. Keep this one on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but not spectacularFrankDined on 8/21/2014Second visit to Common Quarter. Food was acceptable but not spectacular. Quesadillas were too rich for both myself and my wife. Shrimp tacos were pretty good. Layout of restaurant and how they use tables is less than ideal. Two tops are on the side only. We were seated in one and we felt banished. Restaurant was maybe only 25% full. Service was unspectacular but acceptable. A little more affordable than some of the "higher end" East Cobb restaurants but I would have expected more. Will probably go again (not not real soon) -- probably when I want a burger and want to have one of their's or I want to sit on a patio. But I'll go to one of their competitors more often.
- Relaxing cool vibeWorst2eatDined on 8/20/2014Delicious food. Fun atmosphere great local spot to dine listen to live music and kick backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EastCobbFoodieDined on 8/16/2014I found this on OT and was surprised I'd not heard of it before. For those familiar with the area, I would say it is comparable to Seed, with fresh, locally grown, farm to table ingredients. And the menu changes seasonally, if not daily. Everything we had was fantastic and we'll definitely be adding this one to the rotation. LOVE that this area is starting to get some great restaurants. It's been too long!Special Features:
- expectations?food4loveDined on 8/16/2014We arrived 15 prior to our reservation and instead of welcoming us the host looked annoyed. We were sent to the bar. The barman and drinks were great. Having been at another restaurant close to this one with a.similar concept I had higher expectations. For us going to a restaurant is not just in order to eat. We like to have an experience and this one was not one of them. The waiter was as unexciting as my curry vegetables. My husband trout was superb though. The dessert...I left half of it. You could taste the freshness of the ingredients, no question about it, but no passion for making them shine. I might have had the wrong expectations.
- Definitely going back to this one!Anna613Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I ate at Common Quarter for the first time the other night and had a great experience. The restaurant has a great feel to it - casual yet classy at the same time. Our server was so helpful and knowledgeable and personable, too! We ended up splitting a bunch of appetizers instead of ordering entrees. We wanted to try a bunch of different things. We had the watermelon and heirloom tomato salad, the lamb bacon, thai crab cake (which was a special), and the creamed kale. The crab cake & the kale were killer, but the lamb bacon was a little rich for me.Special Features:
- Enjoyable...foodfanDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyable even if not spectacular. Will definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So Common QuarterNSBDMGVIPDined on 8/13/2014Awesome food and service with changing local menu. Fantastic décor add to the experience. A welcome addition to the local scene in East Cobb.Special Features:
- Great place, people and fooditsthatguyDined on 8/12/2014We finally got around to trying Common Quarter and loved it. Our waiter was a great guy (sorry I don't have his name) but he was more than knowledgeable - he really seemed to be into the menu and sold us on the flavors and options. It was date night so we did the whole drinks - appetizer - entrees - drinks - dessert run, and it was all really good stuff. I had a swordfish special and my wife had the veggie curry. Both were what I would call a "sensible" portion size but we were still full by the end. We came sans children but this seems like a place where they would fit in too. We'll be back for more!Special Features:
- Okay ...ORtransplantDined on 8/9/2014For this dinner, it was appealing to stay local and not drive a distance for "fine dining." The vibe was probably the biggest positive. Down hill when the first two wines my husband chose were not available. The third bottle was, and the owner came with waiter to smooth it out. Told us a story about the winery, referring to the Merlot as a "central coast" wine...it was from Columbia River winery in WA. Food as expected for price point. Pricing is ambitious for the menu. Better description for some items would be good. There are 3 other better restaurants in this category within a mile.Special Features:
- fish with a southern flairKevbobDined on 8/9/2014We really like this restaurant. It's a great addition to East Cobb and a bit unusual. Dishes include curried veges and lobster risotto. Peanut butter mouse was outstanding for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DiningOak101Dined on 8/8/2014I have eaten here twice for special occasions with my wife. The food is outstanding as is the service. The menus offer a good and some unique choices. Portions are reasonable. My one issue is with the acoustics and the volume of the music being piped in making it hard to have a conversation with the person right across the table from me.Special Features:
- Great find in East Cobb!MariettaGalDined on 8/5/2014The food was outstanding as was the service! The menu had such an unusual variety of items and the presentation of each was very special. I did think it was a little pricey but it was such a treat to have a restaurant like this one so close to home, it was worth the tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!MaryDined on 8/3/2014We've been a few times and have enjoyed every bite. Especially recommend the burger, fries, shrimp tacos and loaded tater tots! Also, they have superb cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dave & JoanDaveDined on 8/2/2014The overall experience was great The food was excellent in taste as well as presentation. The server was marvelous.Special Features:
- We'll come backDBenedettoVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our 4th visit to Common Quarter and the other 3 were terrific. We still enjoyed our experience, but were concerned when the Matre D hesitated to seat us outside when only 1 table was occupied. He said they had 2 large groups coming in but he would make it work for the 2 of us somehow. My husband's steak was delicious, but my swordfish was overdone and had an odor. Our waitress was fantastic and the remainder of the evening was great. We never saw 2 large groups being seated outside and there were always several tables available. We will come back because this experience was not horrible and we have always had perfect evenings prior to this last one.Special Features:
- Ask for Sean , he is amazing !LoveseanDined on 8/1/2014Ask for Sean , tell him attitude sent you :) get the lobster risotto , so yummy . Have dessert , key lime cheesecake , yes please !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Cobb GemRobertoDined on 8/1/2014This is just a great restaurant, and a much needed addition to East Cobb. They have the freshest seafood of any restaurant In the whole area, and they prepare it in very interesting ways. We went on Friday with two friends who had not been to CQ before, and they loved it. The four of plan to go again for Tuesday wine tasting followed by dinner. The staff are all really great and add to the dining experience.Special Features: