1205 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30068Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.commonquarter.com/
- Phone: 6788094040x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10.30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Gardner
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Common Quarter
Common Quarter is a locally supported, seasonally driven, Southern Coast & Farm restaurant that focuses on comfort, human connection, savory food, gratifying drink and pleasantly memorable service.Continued
Please sit deep and enjoy the experience.
Please sit deep and enjoy the experience.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Common Quarter - Best Restaurants in Marietta ›
Common Quarter reviews from OpenTable diners
160 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (113)fit for foodies (98)good for groups (55)great for outdoor dining (54)special occasion (51)great for brunch (30)kid-friendly (30)notable wine list (27)romantic (21)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (11)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Just OKMillerVIPDined on 8/23/2014Went this weekend with my wife and had mixed reactions. We started with the smoked chicken wings that were pretty good and a $6 basket of not so good stale bread. Our main courses pretty much followed suit - my wife had the grown up grill cheese - which was amazingly good however the less then impressive mac-n-cheese (which we were up charged $3 for) was a major disappointment. I had the kielbasa with tator tots which I enjoyed. Overall we walked away with a mediocre experience.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014We were very impressed by the friendliness and the attentiveness from the hostess to the waiter! The owner came by and checked on us also! The food was excellent and affordable. The service outstanding! We will be going there regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our evening and will returnJudithDined on 8/23/2014Pleasant, homey atmosphere, does not have a crowded feeling. Several different seating configurations. Our food was excellent. Server was patient and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good addition to East CobbGr8fudDined on 8/22/2014Good food for a reasonable amount of money. The service was fabulous. The peanut butter and chocolate mousse is a must have!Special Features:
- Lobster RisottoGreatfoodieDined on 8/22/2014First time for the Lobster Risotto for my wife and I with friends the other night paired with "Just" wine. Absolutely fantastic. Keep this one on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK but not spectacularFrankDined on 8/21/2014Second visit to Common Quarter. Food was acceptable but not spectacular. Quesadillas were too rich for both myself and my wife. Shrimp tacos were pretty good. Layout of restaurant and how they use tables is less than ideal. Two tops are on the side only. We were seated in one and we felt banished. Restaurant was maybe only 25% full. Service was unspectacular but acceptable. A little more affordable than some of the "higher end" East Cobb restaurants but I would have expected more. Will probably go again (not not real soon) -- probably when I want a burger and want to have one of their's or I want to sit on a patio. But I'll go to one of their competitors more often.
- Relaxing cool vibeWorst2eatDined on 8/20/2014Delicious food. Fun atmosphere great local spot to dine listen to live music and kick backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EastCobbFoodieDined on 8/16/2014I found this on OT and was surprised I'd not heard of it before. For those familiar with the area, I would say it is comparable to Seed, with fresh, locally grown, farm to table ingredients. And the menu changes seasonally, if not daily. Everything we had was fantastic and we'll definitely be adding this one to the rotation. LOVE that this area is starting to get some great restaurants. It's been too long!Special Features:
- expectations?food4loveDined on 8/16/2014We arrived 15 prior to our reservation and instead of welcoming us the host looked annoyed. We were sent to the bar. The barman and drinks were great. Having been at another restaurant close to this one with a.similar concept I had higher expectations. For us going to a restaurant is not just in order to eat. We like to have an experience and this one was not one of them. The waiter was as unexciting as my curry vegetables. My husband trout was superb though. The dessert...I left half of it. You could taste the freshness of the ingredients, no question about it, but no passion for making them shine. I might have had the wrong expectations.
- Definitely going back to this one!Anna613Dined on 8/16/2014My husband and I ate at Common Quarter for the first time the other night and had a great experience. The restaurant has a great feel to it - casual yet classy at the same time. Our server was so helpful and knowledgeable and personable, too! We ended up splitting a bunch of appetizers instead of ordering entrees. We wanted to try a bunch of different things. We had the watermelon and heirloom tomato salad, the lamb bacon, thai crab cake (which was a special), and the creamed kale. The crab cake & the kale were killer, but the lamb bacon was a little rich for me.Special Features:
- Enjoyable...foodfanDined on 8/15/2014Enjoyable even if not spectacular. Will definitely try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not So Common QuarterNSBDMGVIPDined on 8/13/2014Awesome food and service with changing local menu. Fantastic décor add to the experience. A welcome addition to the local scene in East Cobb.Special Features:
- Great place, people and fooditsthatguyDined on 8/12/2014We finally got around to trying Common Quarter and loved it. Our waiter was a great guy (sorry I don't have his name) but he was more than knowledgeable - he really seemed to be into the menu and sold us on the flavors and options. It was date night so we did the whole drinks - appetizer - entrees - drinks - dessert run, and it was all really good stuff. I had a swordfish special and my wife had the veggie curry. Both were what I would call a "sensible" portion size but we were still full by the end. We came sans children but this seems like a place where they would fit in too. We'll be back for more!Special Features:
- Okay ...ORtransplantDined on 8/9/2014For this dinner, it was appealing to stay local and not drive a distance for "fine dining." The vibe was probably the biggest positive. Down hill when the first two wines my husband chose were not available. The third bottle was, and the owner came with waiter to smooth it out. Told us a story about the winery, referring to the Merlot as a "central coast" wine...it was from Columbia River winery in WA. Food as expected for price point. Pricing is ambitious for the menu. Better description for some items would be good. There are 3 other better restaurants in this category within a mile.Special Features:
- fish with a southern flairKevbobDined on 8/9/2014We really like this restaurant. It's a great addition to East Cobb and a bit unusual. Dishes include curried veges and lobster risotto. Peanut butter mouse was outstanding for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion DiningOak101Dined on 8/8/2014I have eaten here twice for special occasions with my wife. The food is outstanding as is the service. The menus offer a good and some unique choices. Portions are reasonable. My one issue is with the acoustics and the volume of the music being piped in making it hard to have a conversation with the person right across the table from me.Special Features:
- Great find in East Cobb!MariettaGalDined on 8/5/2014The food was outstanding as was the service! The menu had such an unusual variety of items and the presentation of each was very special. I did think it was a little pricey but it was such a treat to have a restaurant like this one so close to home, it was worth the tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!MaryDined on 8/3/2014We've been a few times and have enjoyed every bite. Especially recommend the burger, fries, shrimp tacos and loaded tater tots! Also, they have superb cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dave & JoanDaveDined on 8/2/2014The overall experience was great The food was excellent in taste as well as presentation. The server was marvelous.Special Features:
- We'll come backDBenedettoVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was our 4th visit to Common Quarter and the other 3 were terrific. We still enjoyed our experience, but were concerned when the Matre D hesitated to seat us outside when only 1 table was occupied. He said they had 2 large groups coming in but he would make it work for the 2 of us somehow. My husband's steak was delicious, but my swordfish was overdone and had an odor. Our waitress was fantastic and the remainder of the evening was great. We never saw 2 large groups being seated outside and there were always several tables available. We will come back because this experience was not horrible and we have always had perfect evenings prior to this last one.Special Features:
- Ask for Sean , he is amazing !LoveseanDined on 8/1/2014Ask for Sean , tell him attitude sent you :) get the lobster risotto , so yummy . Have dessert , key lime cheesecake , yes please !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Cobb GemRobertoDined on 8/1/2014This is just a great restaurant, and a much needed addition to East Cobb. They have the freshest seafood of any restaurant In the whole area, and they prepare it in very interesting ways. We went on Friday with two friends who had not been to CQ before, and they loved it. The four of plan to go again for Tuesday wine tasting followed by dinner. The staff are all really great and add to the dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Patio DiningWeeknightGemDined on 7/29/2014Went here for their Tues. night wine pairing class with the Chef as the facilitator! Sat with 3 other couples at my table. Enjoyed the tapas wines and conversation. Learned so much about wines. Really impressed with the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ideal neighborhood jointCarlosBoozerDined on 7/26/2014Great food, great service, nice explanation of food prep/cooking. Nice deals and a pleasant ambiance. Mostly just unreal delicious food made from the right ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tulips7VIPDined on 7/26/2014Our second visit to Common QUarter that was recommended my niece. Did not have Kahula to make a White Russian - that was a bad start since we were treating a friend that just landed a new job and that was her drink of choice. Oh well. Our server was excellent, the food was good. My BLT was a little too salty, but enjoyable. I will come back in hopes to have a better experience. Having great service saved the day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamelaDined on 7/25/2014Shrimp tacos were outstanding but way to pricey. Lump crab quesadilla was yummy but hardly any crab, and pricey. Wine and dessert, again, yummy but just too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!BeachboundDined on 7/25/2014We were greeted by the owner when we arrived and seated quickly. Food, atmosphere and service was wonderful!! Everywhere you turn there are really cool details. Highly recommend this place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and service!SonnyDined on 7/24/2014Food was unique and scrumptious. There were 2 couples, with each person ordering something different. Appetizers and entrées exceeded everyone's expectations. The succotash was great! Zack, our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful in explaining the menu items and patiently answering our questions. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience in East CobbFoodieforUDined on 7/23/2014Had dinner ate CQ on Tuesday night and it was another great experience. Waiter was knowledgeable and made some great recommendations. Will definitely go back. Had the Blue Point oysters, they were delish. Heard they have $1 oysters every day from 5-7, see you there!!!Special Features:
- Mostly good service. Sub-par food.ywy19Dined on 7/18/2014We had:wings-way too salty. Kid's meal Mac and Cheese-a little salty.A burger-good. Fish taco-good. Crab quesadilla-a little salty. Lobster Risotto -so salty I am in sodium shock. So it seemed that half of what we ordered were overloaded with salt. Our service was mostly good. But after we ate the app, I made a comment to my server that the wings were too salty. He told me that's because of the soy sauce. Using soy sauce is not the excuse for a dish to be overly salty. I made to further complaint to the server after that. I did mention the problem to a manager later during the meal. She was more serious, apologized and asked if we wanted the chef to make something else for us. Unfortunately we didn't have to wait for another dish.Special Features:
- Glad to have you in the burbs!BurbLoveDined on 7/17/2014Have been here a few times now & really enjoy the food and the staff is always lovely. We tried some of the specialty drinks this time and enjoyed those too. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/15/2014The nicest servers and outstanding food. Loved the salads! Fresh, in-season ingredients. Blueberry tart was delicious.Special Features:
- outstandingswittersDined on 7/12/2014we had 4 different entrees and all the plates were cleaned! everyone said it was one of the best meals they have had! truly a most enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Midtown in east cobbOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014Wow. Just wow. Pleasantly surprised. What a great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerSunnyDined on 7/11/2014It is a nice restaurant. The menu is different but fresh ingredients. I had the flat steak and they substituted roasted broccoli for the creamed kale. My friend had a wonderful trout entree. The quality of food and atmosphere is very good. I would recommend.Special Features:
- Oysters!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Delicious oysters & LAMB BACON?!?? I will be returning with my family and friends very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and appealingJohnnyDined on 7/10/2014My wife and I frequent many restaurants in the Marietta, Roswell area and we have found a gem in Common Quarter. The food is always different and of high quality. The service is very good and very friendly. The wine and beer selections are always good. Definitely one of the top restaurants in the area and we usually are there at least once a weekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Cobb GemCblaferVIPDined on 7/7/2014Excellent food and service. The restaurant offers excellent variety for adults and children. Please bring back the chicken skins for family.Special Features:
- KakaDined on 7/3/2014We four enjoyed it very much. Everything was very nice.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014We went to Common Quarter on Saturday, June 28th. We made a reservation and glad we did. It got really busy after we got there. The food and service was amazing! So happy this restaurant is in East Cobb and close to us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.