Commissary at The Line Hotel
3515 Wilshire Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90010Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Commissary at The Line Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://eatatpot.com/
- Phone: 2133683065x
- Hours of Operation:
7 Days a week from 7am to 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Normandie
- Public Transit: Wilshire / Vermont Station
Purple or Red Metro Line
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking is available at the hotel. $8 for COMMISSARY guests for three hours. Please ask the hosts or cashiers for validation. You can also street park. Wilshire Blvd. has free street parking now available after 7pm.
A word from Commissary at The Line Hotel
A produce-driven commissary from the world of POT for the the people. All peoples. A backyard party spilling out of a Greenhouse and into your sub consciousness.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Commissary at The Line Hotel - Best Restaurants in Koreatown ›
Commissary at The Line Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
107 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (81)fit for foodies (80)hot spot (65)neighborhood gem (48)romantic (45)good for groups (42)special occasion (36)scenic view (35)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (19)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (12)notable wine list (7)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Amazing space!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/15/2014The space is beautiful & a welcome oasis in a neighborhood lacking in natural beauty. You walk out of the hotel & into an airy greenhouse filled with plants & light. The host seated us right away at the long, communal table after telling us we were not allowed to sit at one of the open 3tops. Shortly after, a party of 2 was seated at the table we asked for which was pretty annoying. Otherwise, the service was good- our server was very warm & friendly, and helped us navigate the abstract menu, taking the time to explain details about a variety of dishes & making recommendations (the menu is comprised of drawings of food without any words). The food was amazing- we tried the schnitzel, corn, lettuce, figs, eggs, & eggplant. Recommended!Special Features:
- Hipster HeavenoccasionalfoodieDined on 9/14/2014Yup, that's about right. Food is good enough. Some of the vegetables are good, some like the brocollini not so much. Can be fun to eaqt through the menu. Will have to see it's staying power. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- ReviewVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was a fantastic setting for an unbelievable meal. Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Went here for my birthday and LOVED it. Great food and service. Super adventurous menu and outstanding cocktails. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Skip itPasstheSaltVIPDined on 9/13/2014We went for lunch - the restaurant was nearly empty. The hostess was rude (I told her I had a reservation she ignored me) and sat my boyfriend and I at this horrible little counter where we were seated on stools. We asked to be moved and we were. The stool portion of the seating is a disaster, not sure how anyone is supposed to enjoy a meal sitting on a three legged short stool. Our waiter thankfully was lovely. The vegetable dishes we had (carrots, corn and tomatoes) were all delicious. We then had the Turkey Club and the French Dip. The Turkey Club ingredients were fresh but the bread was covered in grease and the Dip, also greasy, had cheese on it making it more like a Philly Cheesesteak. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Give it a try in a monthcrackedegg7Dined on 9/12/2014Loved the menu style - made it fun and a surprise. :) I am vegan and had no problem ordering - and the food all turned out good, with a couple of really yummy things (eggplant and bok choy were the faves). Service was slow and a little off, which is why I would suggest giving them some time to iron out their new restaurant issues. Great setting - love the green house look, but we sat outside because it got super loud at night when bar was in full swing and they had some really fun music playing out there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not waste your moneyFoodiePrDined on 9/7/2014Horrible rude, snooty service. A concept that just doesn't work or rather servers refuse to help you understand. Overpriced. Food flavors are confused. Just a big mess on a big check! But very pretty place. Bummer it's not worth the view !Special Features:
- Roy Choi does it againMileageRunnerDined on 9/7/2014Beautiful restaurant that makes you feel like you're eating in an actual big city. Great space, especially on the pool deck. Vegetable dishes are superb; our steak was overdone, and they didnt ask how we wanted it prepared. But exciting new restaurant in the Line Hotel and neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for first time...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Not gonna blame the waiter at all, but the restaurant is understaffed and the food takes forever to come out. The menu is rather playful, but it requires too much effort in deciphering the product.Special Features:
- Love Them Clams!JettDined on 9/5/2014Atmosphere @ Commissary is lovely in the terrace greenhouse with all the plants, but noisy on a Friday night, w/ a packed bar located amid the dining area. Food was very tasty, spiced nicely, but a wee bit too spendy for the portion sizes, especially 3 scallops ala carte for $20. The originally printed menus, which were a bit confusing have been pulled, so wait staff currently has to explain food preparation for each dish, to each table, and that makes it a bit difficult to remember, or know exactly what you're ordering. It would be nice to see a more comprehensive menu, and slightly larger portions for the $$ next time. Of the items we tried, the clams with Garlic toast were definitely the stand out, being beautifully spiced & delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The great indoorsphatbeetlebugDined on 9/5/2014Awesome spot for lunch. Outdoors feel while still enclosed. Hanging plants give a back east green house feel.Special Features:
- LovesharonjanewDined on 9/4/2014Dining at Commissary is both sophisticated AND lighthearted at the same time... The location is clearly great to begin with, but the food, service, and nighttime atmosphere all add to the occasion greatly. In our visit, we felt impressed by EVERY dish we ordered, in LOVE with all the workers, and very happy to be in the restaurant that night. When ordering from the menu, you are encouraged to take a chance on each item (not knowing exactly what you will be given)... which is actually a very fun way to be served and perhaps what food ordering (and life) should always be like :P Once you eat here, you will fall in love w/ the owner, restaurant, & food, as well as the people you came with. It's very perfect~Special Features:
- Eating at CommissaryOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/1/2014The Commissary was a nice spot but for what you get, it is definitely overpriced. Ambiance was nice, and depending on how much you price the ambiance, it could be worth it.Special Features:
- good place to hang with friends!dawnnTDined on 8/31/2014interesting menu! food is great; i can't believe i consumed as much vegetables on a dinner as i did on our visit! veggies were prepared creatively and deliciously! great place to get together with friends, or maybe even to bring your date! servers were very friendly and helpful. our order took a while to be delivered, the folks next to us that arrived later got theirs first, but the server was more than apologetic and followed-up often. i would come again and hopefully our food will come on time! :) loved the taste!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- innovative food in a unique settingkatkDined on 8/30/2014This is a great Roy Choi restaurant in the Line hotel. It looks like a greenhouse inside and everything is kind of mismatched but matching. The menu is a series of photos to choose from and drinks listed on the bk of an envelope. We ordered pimm's cups to drink and they were delicious (served in to-go soup containers.) Our waitress was super passionate about the food and very descriptive/helpful with recommendations. We ordered carrots (charred and didn't taste like carrots), figs (delicious), clams (that sauce!) and the bass (asian but not asian taste.) Every dish was great but standouts were fish and carrots. The taste of every dish was unique and bold. I would definitely come again. Plus heard brunch is starting soon. Can't wait!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014The ambiance was lovely, i really liked the green house, outdoor feeling. The service was very good. People were friendly, helpful. The food was fair, at best. Too much sauce, however did not fit with type of food (corn was not sweet but covered in sauce)…missing essential flavors despite the fact that it was covered in sauce…..just an opinion from a serious restaurant goer.
- Another great choi spotchu105VIPDined on 8/28/2014Impressed with almost everything: carrots, radishes, deviled eggs, eggplant curry, schnitzel. Pass on garlic bread, and. $3 was a bit much for a bowl of brown rice. Cocktails good but wish they were not in plastic bowls, aesthetically and functionally for drinking. Will return to try more of menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creativity at it's best!LAfoodieDined on 8/27/2014The menu is different and the ingredients are always fresh! Roy Choi manages to deliver great ambiance without stuffiness and that is brilliant! Lots of communal dining so if this is an issue take note before you go - flexibility is key! Very enjoyable experience. The plants inside give a very indoor/outdoor dining vibe.Special Features:
- OkEatit27Dined on 8/24/2014The ambiance is super unique and pretty. They get 4 stars for this. The food was ok - some things were overpriced. $12 for the burger, great - for broccolini nah. The bok choy was good but not for $12. The veggies at gjelina are so much more interesting and beautifully prepared and tasty and like $8. The wine pour was atrocious - seriously I think it was a half glass. I get it's new and trendy but I say it's overpriced and overhyped for what it is. The brownie downstairs at the cafe was bomb though.
- Delicious food + Greenhouse settingezedinerDined on 8/23/2014Commissary is perched on the second floor of the Line Hotel, right next to the pool. The ambiance is not to be missed. It's inside a greenhouse. The food that is featured here has bold flavors, creative ideas that blend so many local and international influences. We ordered the schnitzel, the burger, the lettuce and the cheese plate. The cheese plate is the only thing I would not recommend, for $15 it was really underwhelming. Perhaps they should make it part of the $8 selection or add bread to the order instead of stale crackers. It was nothing special. However, the cocktails were amazing! Overall I had a good dinning experience and plan to return.Special Features:
- Amazing outdoor experienceScizofrenicDined on 8/21/2014Over all, the experience was phenomenal. This was my fifth visit to The Line Hotel and my second at Commossary. My boyfriend and I have been telling all of our friends about the location. I decided to take two friends with me for dinner. The service was perfect, the food was amazing and the ambiance was beautiful. We will definitely continue our visits there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is amazing!Foodie82Dined on 8/20/2014Such great food, drinks and service. Visited twice in one week. Excited to hear that they're going to be serving lunch and brunch soon. I'll definitely be checking that out. Another home run for Mr. Choi!!Special Features:
- Utterly confused.FoodieDined on 8/18/2014Though the food and the atmosphere was great, the menu was beyond confusing. Having hand drawings for each protein on one menu and having a separate menu for descriptions is so inconvenient. You send so much time trying to match the descriptions, that the ambiance looses it's charm. Not to mention, the font size of the description was incredibly hard to read...I can't imagine how tough it'd be for people who are far sighted. I feel like sticking to one menu would not only benefit diners, but also the restaurant. You could flip tables a lot faster if people didn't have to spend 15 minutes figuring out the menu. I'm a huge fan of Roy Choi and loved the food, but do us all a favor and redesign the menu!Special Features:
- beautifulwz1s1Dined on 8/17/2014The moment you step in, you feel transported to a scene in a movie or book. The greenhouse is an utter beauty, with romantic lights and calming plants all around. The bar is gorgeous. I love all the little details put into this restaurant from the napkin holders to the menu slips. Our favorite dishes were the corn, the figs, the grilled lettuce salad, and the fruit& cheese plate. The green sauce on the radish fish was phenomenal as well. I can't wait to come back and also for them to start brunch service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply stellarrednikkiDined on 8/16/2014Every dish we had was fantastic. I'm a vegetarian; my partner eats meat. We both ate well. Since it's shared small plates, they advised 3 plates per person; we probably could have done fine with just 5 shared between the two of us. The cocktails were tasty and innovative and the wine was delicious, although the pour could have been heavier. The area is quiet enough to hold a conversation but busy enough to allow for great people-watching. One note: if you're sitting outside in late afternoon, the sun reflects off nearby building windows like a death ray targeting the dining area.Special Features:
- Good view / terrible foodWorldtravelerDined on 8/15/2014I was very disappointed with the food. I was a big fan of Roy but my experience her was a big let down 1. Fish: tasted like old catfish with no taste 2. Eggplant: tasted pre packaged eggplant mixed with green curry paste mixed 3. Garlic Bread : average 4. Tomatoes : Best thing in the menu 5. Scallops: overcooked. Flavor was nothing greatSpecial Features:
- Choi outdoes himself yet again!Food4ThoughtDined on 8/15/2014Innovative and exciting, Commissary is bustling with cool people, amazing food and good vibes. Loved the latest and greatest from Chef Choi who continues to outdo himself. Choi never disappoints, instead he inspires one to step out of the box and try something new. I can't wait to go back! Loved everything about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth they hypeJourneyJoshDined on 8/15/2014The greenhouse idea was really cool. I showed up on time for my reservation but I was placed at a communal table and had to sit on really unstable stools. AGH! They menu was really confusing and hard to understand.. Almost like a puzzle. It just seems like they still havent figured out what they are doing yet. Its a beautiful setting, but the food was way below par! Really dissapointed!!!Special Features:
- A Joint thatTrothDined on 8/14/2014The setting is great and the food is fresh and well sourced. The carrots and the rhubarb dessert in particular were delicious. Although the clams were prepared well, the sauce was too oily for my taste. Finally, it would be fun to spend an afternoon getting drunk off the winning cocktails (gin + juice!) served in plastic deli containers. At the expense of diners, however, ordering off the hipster/designer menus is unnecessarily complicated, time consuming. I look forward to stopping by again to add more stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Everything we ordered was fantastic!!! We loved finding this hidden gem. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- veterandinerDined on 8/10/2014Too much wrong with this whole meal to detail. About 2 of 7 dishes tasted okay.
- If only i could give it 10 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/10/2014I'm terrible with wordy, witty descriptions, but I know what I like to eat. I can't say enough how much I am enamored with this place, the vibrant atmosphere, the AMAZINGLY fresh and delicious food....just A++. Roy can do no wrong. I'll be back soon I'm sure. oh and if you have little ones, dont be afraid to bring them...that Grilled Cheese made my little guy happy! oh yeah one last thing, ourserver was so sweet, just wonderful serviceSpecial Features:
- commissaryouteverymealDined on 8/9/2014tries more to be trendy than authentic both in atmosphere and cuisineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to Nature in the CitySNOWYDined on 8/5/2014Walk into the rooftop greenhouse at The Commissary, and leave whatever world you left behind. You immediately relax and get energized by what unfolds. When the menu comes in an envelope, your curiosity is peaked. Advice: Before you go further, order a cold-pressed juice cocktail (alc or non-alc) printed on the outside of the envelope. And then when you open the contents of the envelope, you will take at least 10 minutes trying to figure out how to navigate it. When you ask the waiter, he or she will knowingly and calmly shrug and say you'll figure it out. And you do. Advice: Just like a puzzle, enjoy matching the pictures of primary ingredients to their preps. This is a place to relish each moment and each bite. Experience it !Special Features:
- AwsomeLinesrusDined on 8/5/2014Shashana was an attentive, friendly server. The menu is unique and the portions large and the presentation is fantastic. Would definitely recommend as a hidden gem in Koreatown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!ValadizzleDined on 8/4/2014Loved the food! Loved the vibe and friendly staff. Looking forward to spreading the word!Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Commissary at The Line Hotel reviews archive.