Commerce Street Grille at Renaissance Hotel
611 Commerce Street
Nashville, TN 37203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Commerce Street Grille at Renaissance Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel-information/restaurant/bnash-renaissance-nashville-hotel/
- Phone: 6154934050
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:00am Monday - Friday; 7am-11am Saturday and Sunday; Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Michael Folz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Commerce Street Grille has two Private Dining Rooms. The 7th Avenue Room sits 10 people and the Broadway Room sits 32 people. The rental fee is $100.00 for the 7th Avenue Room and $150.00 for the Broadway Room. This fee will be waived if the patrons order the buffets and/or entrees.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Brown 6154934050
A word from Commerce Street Grille at Renaissance Hotel
Commerce Street Grille is located on the first floor of the Renaissance Nashville Hotel (611 Commerce Street). Our casually elegant Grille Room features grilled steaks, fresh fish & light entrees. Serving breakfast, lunch & dinner daily, featuring the best breakfast buffet in Nashville along with an express lunch buffet. Commerce Street Grille offers Complimentary Valet Parking during your dining pleasure.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Commerce Street Grille at Renaissance Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance2.8Noise LevelModerate
romantic (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)Show More
- Hotel RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/30/2014It is a typical restaurant that services a premium hotel. The food was good but still had that hotel lobby feel.Special Features:
- Consistent Quality Food and ServiceLarryVIPDined on 6/23/2014Having enjoyed dining at Commerce Street Grills several times before, we expected the experience this time to be no different....excellent quality food, skillfully prepared, and attractively served. We were not disappointed and plan to enjoy the experience many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014My husband & I were attending a concert at the Ryman Auditorium so I was looking for a good rate on parking as well as a nice restaurant within walking distance. I saw that the Library parking garage was $5 instead of $10 to $20 for places closer to Broadway. I saw that the Commerce Street Grille at the Renaissance Hotel was just across the street. When I read the reviews & looked at the menu, it seemed like the perfect place to eat. We were not disappointed. Everyone was very friendly, the food was excellent, the service was excellent, it was quiet (unlike most of the eateries on 2nd or Broadway) & the manager even came over to our table to say hello. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 50 reviews are from the Commerce Street Grille at Renaissance Hotel reviews archive.
- Best of Nashville TnjhjrefDined on 4/13/2014Excellence food and service with a smile great staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, service, very slowLouiseDined on 3/18/2014We had a very good dinner, but I do not think there was enough kitchen staff, because the service was very slow. we were there almost three hours with a mostly empty restaurant.
- Location was convenientOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2014We were attending a concert downtown and were very late making dinner reservations. Many places were booked but the CSG was available. So we hopped on it. The location was VERY convenient for us. However, the food, ambiance and wine selection were lacking. The macoroni and cheese appetizer I had was adequate but didn't strike me as anything I'd order again. The wine we originally ordered had sold out and the substitute we were served had already started to turn. However, our server could not have been more gracious and kind. So I did not wish to make a fuss over a glass of wine. The decor is bland and rather dated. Redecorating would really kick things up a notch.
- Southern HospitalityCounselor04VIPDined on 3/14/2014We had a very enjoyable lunch at this restaurant. The selection of food was very good and our server gave us excellent suggestions. The onion soup and fried green tomatoes were both excellent. The grilled salmon was moist and delicious. We also enjoyed the chicken BBQ sandwich. The service was very efficient and friendly. This is a great place for a quick lunch that is really satisfying at a decent price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice treatShelleyDined on 3/10/2014I was travelling alone and in many restaurants, that can feel quite awkward. I didn't feel this way at Commerce Grill, it was comfortable. I was there on a Monday night so it was very quiet and lacked ambience but I think on a busier night it would be ok. The booking process online was great and the staff were extremely attentive. I enjoyed the Filet Mignon but felt it could have come with a better choice of potato.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceqToddDined on 3/8/2014food was prepared well. The steak I ordered was very good. Would recommend the restaurant. A little pricey for us, but will go back again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service in a convenientTrapperDined on 3/6/2014Good food & service in a convenient downtown location. Free valet parking is a plus .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfort Food GrilleImpressedVIPDined on 3/5/2014For us, a more appropriate name would be "Comfort Food Grille". After several nights of high-end dining, we were looking for a restaurant serving comfort food. We were not disappointed. My wife had the buttermilk fried chicken which was moist and tasty; I had the bacon-wrapped meatloaf which was as good as the best homemade meatloaf I have ever eaten. The portions were just right and came with a choice of Caesars salad or garden salad; both were well presented, generous and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!FoodgeekDined on 2/15/2014We went there for Valentine's Day, and we'll definitely go back. The blackened sword fish was unbelievably good. The staff was awesome, and the head chef came out and personally checked on our food to ensure we liked it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall experience great.PriceDined on 1/3/2014Overall experience great. Was close to downtown and Broadway area but off the beaten path. Complimentary valet service if you eat at restaurant which was wonderful. Did try for later reservation when booking on open table but said was totally booked for night and when we got there only 1 other table in use. Place was half filled when we left but no one else coming in had reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedOxfordTravelerDined on 12/30/2013I grabbed a late dinner here after a football game. We all ordered the same dish, hot chicken, and were all left completely disappointed. Their take on "Nashville hot chicken" had barely any resemblance to the traditional local dish. The chicken was so salty, I could barely eat it. It was, in fact, one of the saltiest dishes I've ever attempted to consume. The service was extremely slow. It was an overall bad (and overpriced) experience. The atmosphere/interior has sort of a trendy, post-modern industrial vibe. Perhaps their other dishes are better than the hot chicken, but I won't be going back. There are too many great restaurants in Nashville to waste a meal here again.
- Great Food - Unhurried ServiceLadyJDined on 12/14/2013The food is wonderful and flavorful, yet our waiter was very slow to bring everything to the table. There were only 2 tables, ours and one that came in behind us. It was 6 in the evening. The table that came in about 5 minutes after us was served drinks and food before us and someone else was waiting on their table. I have eaten here plenty of times and the service is always about the same, but tonight it was just a bit too slow. The food is always good and hot and for that, I will forgive our slow waiter - who also forgot my tea. He was very pleasant, just not on top of his game. I would definitely recommend the Commerce Street Grill.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Hotel RestaurantLarryVIPDined on 11/24/2013The restaurant offers a good selection of wines and a menu with numerous starters, entrees and enough desserts to satisfy any taste. Service is prompt and courteous and the prices are moderately expensive. I have had filet mignon, strip and ribeye steaks and they all are good quality beef cooked to the temperature ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical hotel restaurantElisabethBVIPDined on 10/24/2013Service was good, most of the food was pretty good, but its a restaurant in a hotel-parking situation is horrible, you can valet free IF the valet is not slammed. No complaints, just nothing special
- Over priced FancyGuest101Dined on 10/17/2013I felt a little uncomfortable in the "up-tight" atmosphere and was a little disappointed in the lack of choices in dinner options even as far as sides go. I did however love the bread and the choices they offered. The steak was cooked correctly, the salad was fresh and crisp. The mashed potatoes were a little on the cold side but overall an ok dinner. Had I had to pay for the entire meal, I would have been pretty upset with the quality. Since I had the coupon, I didn't complain about it much.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and great staff.goodfood4meDined on 10/16/2013Wonderful food and great staff. We would recommend it for a pre-event dinner (concert, Predators game) or just a nice dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before Bridgestone eventtnchickDined on 10/16/2013We booked a table for four before the Eagles concert and we're not disappointed. Our server, James, was attentive and helpful. All four of us ordered different foods and everyone thought the food was excellent. I had the Pecan Chicken Salad and it was very good. My husband had the bacon wrapped meatloaf and he almost licked the plate. Our friends had a steak and a pasta dish and enjoyed both very much. Coupled with valet parking makes this a place will will definitely go back to in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Marriott RestaurantLarryVIPDined on 10/16/2013Outstanding for a Marriott restaurant. The wine list is extensive and they have a number of the wines available by the bottle at half price. The food menu offers ample choices. My wife had the crab topped Tilapia and I had the filet mignon with béarnaise sauce. Both were succulent. I ordered my steak rare/medium rare and it came out medium well. Our waiter informed that he thought that was the case and asked me to cut into it to confirm. He then returned the steak to the kitchen and the manager, Maurice, came over to apologize and tell me that he was comping the replacement which came out perfect. We live only 3 blocks from this fine establishment and will return again soon and frequently.Special Features:
- Mother's Day disappointmentMaggieDined on 5/12/2013It seems as if we may not have chosen the best time to go to your restaurant. I have been there for breakfast and lunch previously and recall the fare being much higher in quality with respect to the food and its preparation. The service we experienced was great.
- mixed reviewsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Steak was cold. Took a while to get service in an empty restaurant but once alerted service was good. Lunch buffet very good and good selection, fresh.Special Features:
- 12/31/12 Entrees were goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/201212/31/12 Entrees were good with exceptions of under cooked baked potatoes that were returned leaving entrees to get cold. Poor service considering many open tables. Had to put eating on hold while waiting extended time for things like butter, ketchup, coffee. Manager on premises very unattentive to our problems and ruined meal. Complained about service several times to various waiters. Thought maybe we would at least get a dessert for aggravation but noone cares. Great downtown location but it was $100 out the window
- Good but nothing specialcbgbDined on 12/25/2012I guess it would be unfair to rate this since we were there during Christmas and the hotel was quite deserted. The restaurant was very convenient for us since we were at the Renaissance. The food is fair to good, a little salty for my taste. The potato soup was great, the meat loaf was good too. But the French onion , chicken tenders and pasta was salty Service was great, perhaps another timeSpecial Features:
- Thanksgiving 2012 was amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2012We were there for Thanksgiving 2012. The staff was amazing. The food was "OUTSTANDING." We have been to the Capit Grill at the Hermitsge Hotel for Thanksgiving 2 years ago, and this meal put their buffet to shame. From the first course to the dessert, this was the most complete meal, course by course. Well be back next year. Bravo!Special Features:
- Plus/minuscpmdfmVIPDined on 11/9/2012I have eaten at this restaurant on a number of occasions due to it's location. Unfortunately, it is such a poor showing for the Marriott chain of hotels, and is really a big disappointment. The wait staff is either poorly trained or doesn't have pride in their work, the ambiance is stark, rather cold and dull actually. The food was good, but it's presentation a bit lacking.
- food is good. service isOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/7/2012food is good. service is spotty. As hotel restaurants go, better than many.Special Features:
- Best steak ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2012Perfect steak, starch, and veg. It literally could not have been any better!Special Features:
- Good selection of menu items,LarryVIPDined on 5/18/2012Good selection of menu items, good quality ingredients prepared as ordered, and promptly and courteously served.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServicerunnergirlVIPDined on 4/28/2012Commerce Street Grille offered a nice selection of entrees served with both vegetable and starch. The filet was tender and cooked perfectly; the ribeye was well seasoned and very tasty. Their appetizers were all indiginous to the area and we found the fried green tomatoes to be a great starter. A creamy creme brulee and a slice of New York cheesecaker completed our meal. Our server could not have been more attentive, kind, and helpful. We would highly recommend the Commerce Street Grille.
- Glassware uncleaned. ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Glassware uncleaned. Service was poor. Unprofessional environment. 15 mins to get a drink from the bar and it was completely dead.
- Service was excellent. Chef-styleJJTennesseeVIPDined on 2/2/2012Service was excellent. Chef-style food were outstanding. Overall, my friends and I enjoyed our dining experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Our waiter, Rob, was incredible,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012Our waiter, Rob, was incredible, but the food was below average, especially considering the cost.
- Good and friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/24/2011We received prompt service and the server was very friendly and helpful. When I asked for a specialty coffee, it turned out they did not have many selections. However, they offered to get one from Starbucks for me that was on the premise. The restaurant is spacious and good for having private conversation, although it makes it feel a little less "cozy." It is also very clean. I'd like to add one thing that is not directly about the restaurant. We went there for the Thanksgiving dinner. Although it said on the website that they had "annual Thanksgiving buffet", we found out upon arrival, that the buffet was only for lunch, which was an disappointment. But the steaks we got instead were really good.Special Features:
- All of us in our group (3)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2011All of us in our group (3) found the experience to be delightful. We all agreed that it was absolutely delicious. I particularly enjoyed the calimari appetizer (best I have ever had) and the filet mignon (also the best I have ever had).Special Features:
- Service needs a little work!MariaRDHVIPDined on 6/18/2011I was a bit disappointed in this hotel restaurant. We had 6:30 AM reservations for a business breakfast, and at 6:25 they were still setting up. We were not seated until 6:40, which meant we stood there for 15 minutes. The food did not arrive until about 7:00 AM. The food was good, the service very spotty.
- The food was so-so, nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2010The food was so-so, nothing outstanding. There was a room full of heavy-drinking people so there was a lot of interruption around that. I actually had to order a dessert to get the taste of my dinner out of my mouth. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't what I wanted. My husband said his food was fine though. Ambiance: the lighting was too bright for the evening. It didn't feel romantic or personal.
- Overall its a hotel resturantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/25/2010Overall its a hotel resturant i get it but almost half my steak was grissel and fat the the blue cheese dressing tasted like someone put blue chesse crumbles in a bottle of hidden valley ranch. My Girlfriend was happy with her salmon salad and they gave her a huge peice of salmon thats the only reason i rated it fair
- The Commerce Street GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/24/2010The Commerce Street Grille offers good food, friendly service and good ambiance. I enjoyed the bread and garlic butter, the red wine sampler, and the filet mignon and shrimp. Everyting was tasty. I look forward to going back the next time I am in Nashville.Special Features: