Comme Ca - West Hollywood
8479 Melrose Ave
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Comme Ca - West Hollywood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.commecarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3237821104
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday : 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Weekends 'til 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Attila Bollok
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer private parties and catering. For information, please contact Allie Ko at 310-621-1781 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Comme Ca offers two adjacent private dining rooms that can be opened into one large room. The Chanel room seats up 35 and is perfect for everything from a birthday to a business meeting. The Coco room allows for a private function with a view of the restaurant, perfect for fun gatherings.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Lagana 8886534631
- Special Events: We offer private parties and catering. For information, please contact Allie Ko at 310-621-1781 or email email@example.com
A word from Comme Ca - West Hollywood
David Myers’ comme Ça presents traditional Parisian brasserie fare in a modern setting. Inspired by the neighborhood restaurants of France, comme Ça offers a lively environment where guests can indulge in French classics such as Steak Frites with Compound Butter, Soupe à l’Oignon Gratinée and Salade Frisée aux Lardons. Selections from the raw bar and unique cheeses from France and America are also available. The 18A bar program features a list of Prohibition-era style cocktails, and many more are spontaneously created for guests based on personal preference of liquor and flavor profile. The wine list includes over 100 selections, 25 of which can be enjoined by the glass.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Comme Ca - West Hollywood reviews from OpenTable diners
- Perplexing hostess situationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/6/2013We had a great time and good food at Comme Ca (as usual). The hostess, though, warned us that because we were almost 20 minutes late for our reservation that we would only have our table for 50 minutes. Considering that when I made the reservation an hour prior all times for that evening were available, the restaurant was only about half full when we arrived and that ratio did not change throughout the evening I found this odd. It was her firmness and adamant tone that surprised me, especially since the place was never even close to full. After about 30 minutes we were informed that we could in fact stay as long as we wanted. But the brusque tone at our arrival was peculiar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous brunchSydlevDined on 9/1/2013I think I enjoyed brunch more than my dinners at Comme Ca. I had a GILT voucher which included a bottle of sparkling wine for mimosas. A shared app for two, and two entrees. We also added a half dozen oysters which were amazing. Even the free wine was quality. We split an order of pain perdue--very fancy french toast. THey soak it in custard overnight. Then we each had Eggs Benedict-one w ham and one with salmon. Both stellar. Just the perfect hollandaise. But surprisingly even the side greens with vinagrette were a big part of why I liked the meal. The acidic dressing really made the savory eggs even better. They don't just poach the eggs btw, they SOUS VIDE them. Incredibly velvety. Everything is up a notch.Special Features:
- YUM food, great sceneeveluxuryDined on 8/27/2013Really fun place for a Saturday night...had the lamb which was fabulous...have to recommend the sangria because its really different and super YUM. Just can't go wrong here.Special Features:
- ClassyHughLDined on 8/24/2013If I wee 25 years old and had a job this is where I would take my girlfriend for lunch. It's classy but not pretentious. It has an outstanding if not stellar menu. My wife and I started with fresh squeezed orange juice, then moved on to an appetizer of steak tartare which was incredibly good and could have been my only dish but I split it with the wife. My wife then had the eggs benedict and I the French dip sandwich. Both dishes were excellent. The sandwich came with French fries served with a creamy garlic dip. Whoa! I need not go any further. You need to go to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Horrible Music and WaitressIdoLVIPDined on 8/21/2013We did like the food. It had a real French touch. However the music was horrific. That had nothing to do with a French restaurant. I was in Paris a few months ago and was able to purchase French contemporary music. This music made me nervous and did not let me enjoy what I was here for. On top of that the waitress had an additude! Darling, remember: I am the guest. I would go back and hope op better music and nicer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gilt City Deal Was Worth ItNicoleVIPDined on 8/17/2013My wife and I went to Comme Ca for dinner after purchasing a gilt city coupon for $75 that included a bottle of champagne, two starters and two mains. It was delicious and totally worth the purchase. Everyone was friendly and nice and the food was delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Super experienceQuissieVIPDined on 8/15/2013From the moment we entered we felt welcomed and treated like we were special guests. Everything was delicious and well presented. Service impeccable. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Always a Pleasure HereMediocreVIPDined on 8/14/2013Service is attentive, not too heavily, and they are always very accommodating. Food is terrific and libations are expertly crafted. Its a very unpretentious atmosphere and you will feel comfortable in jeans without attitude from wait staff or patrons. I highly recommend this place for some great tasting and satisfying food and drink.Special Features:
- Service could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/11/2013Service could have been better - like when you bring the cheese plate, how about bringing plates??I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceSuperbVIPDined on 8/3/2013I have been on several occasions and dinner with friends, family. The food is consistent and great quality. Service is also great and the cocktails are awesome. I have tried several dishes, including their burger items on Tuesday. Great food and highly recommended. For the area, the prices are pretty reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTann2VIPDined on 7/31/2013Always a great experience ... This is a resturant that is a sure thing .... Never let's me downSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Burger in the WORLD!!AllanDined on 7/30/2013This restaurant is becoming one of my all time favorites here in Los Angeles. Food is great, wait staff is great, but go for the burger...Special Features:
- I go to this restaurant aOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/24/2013I go to this restaurant a lot and am never disappointed!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2013Expecting good things, the dining experience here was gravely disappointing. Service was lazy, unprofessional. Food was ok. Been dining at great restaurants around the globe, Comme ça, sacrilege to charge too dollar for substandard food & experience. You've got to refresh staff & food.
- Brunch Not Up To ParScudderVIPDined on 7/21/2013I love Comme Ca, but brunch this weekend didn't cut it. It was a full level below their usual food quality. My dining colleague's poached eggs were way overcooked, and my croque monsiuer was seriously burned. Had it not taken forever to get our food, we would have sent it back. That said, Comme Ca normally shines for dinner so I'll still be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food for Adventurous FoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/20/2013The food was amazing. I love the Roast Beef Bone Marrow with Oxtail. It was decadent with beautifully balanced flavor. The other 3 people in my group unanimously agreed the food was wonderful. We found the service to be a little off. Our entrees came out at varied times which was mildly annoying. I had to ask about the twp sides we ordered. One came then the other came a few minutes later. Our server was friendly, but missed some of the details to make a great dining experience. Despite the small issues I have always enjoyed this restaurant and would continue to recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good french, pretty good $$$OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2013Not bad, not bad. I think I've had equal level french foot before. The french fries in my Steak and Frites weren't the greatest, I've definitely had better... but the steak itself was quite good. Desserts were not special, run of the mill stuff.Special Features:
- Oysters and ChablisgeneepooDined on 7/19/2013Best oysters I've had in years; quick witted waittress understood why oysters and Chablis go together. Very busy at 7 pm - 8 pm so no need to push any extras on me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- J'adoreInzothebakerDined on 7/17/2013The food was amazing! Had the bone marrow, oysters and escargot. All were delicious. Wait staff is friendly and attentive but not overly. It did take about 20 min to get a table even though we had a reservation but drinks at the bar was a nice starter so we didn't mind. It also took a good 30-45 minutes for our food to arrive which gave us time to continue to drink and chat. I think its a wonderful place to go if you are looking for a lengthy dinning experience full of ambiance and delicious food. I will be coming back again and again!Special Features:
- Delicious with great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2013While visiting LA recently, I randomly picked this restaurant from a list of places on the internet. What a find! The service is excellent, the food is delicious and the atmosphere was lively and energetic. We had a wonderful time! Go - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingCoccelliDined on 7/17/2013The food was awfull (obviously warmed up by microwave) and it took ages to be served. It's a good looking place but expensive for bad food.Special Features:
- Dinner 7.17.13JamsterVIPDined on 7/17/2013It took way to long to get our appetizer and entree-- almost 30 minutes and 45 minutes respectively. Once they arrived, the salad was mediocre and my salmon was overcooked-- the veggie saute (fennel, etc.) underneath was completely flavorless. The waiter did mention something about it being "LA Dine Week" (?) and apologized for the wait-- comping two glasses of wine. I've eaten here before and the meal was satisfactory, but this was subpar.
- Will not returnSmallVIPDined on 7/17/2013Service was terrible! Food was good but not great. Incredibly noisy and not able to talk with friends.
- Completely DisapointingphotographjulietDined on 7/16/2013Had a sadly mediocre dining experience. The oxtail/bone marrow appetizer was good. The baguettes were done well, the decor and ambiance were on point, our server was sweet, but the food was just average and the food runners seamed apathetic. Overall we all felt we could've provided a better dining experience. I personally had a butter knife and no fork for my steak course, and the steak knife looked like it came from big lots and cut worse than my butter knife. The cocktail i ordered was so overly seasoned with ginger (moscow mules should not taste like straight ginger) that I had to send it back, and that is something I really hate doing, most of the time I will suffer through it. Very disappointing for a Thomas Myers establishment.
- As always, Comme Ca servedswim2kkVIPDined on 7/13/2013As always, Comme Ca served up a delicious dinner. Service was very good from the friendly woman at check-in to the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Staff are the starsDicosDined on 7/6/2013The restaurant had a bright and attractive decor and very atentive and engaging staff. In fact, the service and staff are the real stars of the place and are one of the reasons we will return again. The food was good but not the best of the versions we had ever ordered. The french onon soup was smooth and filling, but strangely seemed devoid of any salt or seasoning which left it a little bland-- and I say that as someone who has not cooked with or added salt to my food in 25 years. The Beef Bourguignon was nice and tender but we have had better sauce. And so it went. Still want to return to try the burgers and fires that the friendly locals in the place raved about.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretentious, noisy and mediocre.DinnersaurusDined on 7/1/2013The music was extremely loud for a restaurant. We asked them to please turn it down a bit. but they ignored the request. Considering we were the only patrons at the time, it was surprising. Two fellows behind the bar who clearly deemed themselves as being very hip and dj-like (they were waiters) seemed very much into the loud music, though. The food did not justify the prices. I asked for a steak frites and got a piece of meat that was not steak cooked in the proper way for a classic steak frites. The whole operation seemed a bit sloppy, quite pretentious but not up to those pretentions in terms of quality at all. Some of the dishes are good, but the overall vibe is too wannabe sceney, almost foolishly so. Mediocre and disappointing.
- Went for brunch. Wasn't tooLms1010Dined on 6/30/2013Went for brunch. Wasn't too impressed with the brunch menu. Our server took forever with our drink and food order. We saw people that were seated after us get their drinks and food first. Cocktail list looked amazing. Would go back in the evening for drinks and a cheese plate . Just need to request a different server;)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a winnervelcroVIPDined on 6/29/2013Great bartender....great food....great room! What more could you ask for??? Was at first upset they no longer had the Skate, but the Trout Almondine was so spectacular I got over it quick! One of the few classic French Bistros left in town.Special Features:
- mediocresusieVIPDined on 6/29/2013Ordered a salad; which is not cheap and the selection is pithy. It was quite small and nothing but lettuce....and not even alot and a little piece of chicken. I thought it was so chintzy a serving for the price point. I was hungry when I left and would not return.Special Features:
- Would give more than 5-stars...OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/28/2013For food if I could - absolute home run. Watermelon and heirloom salad was amazing - steak was prepared perfectly - and cocktails went down smooth. Will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodManuelaVIPDined on 6/27/2013I have been dining at Comme ca for quite some time and the food and service are consistently good. A great go-to place on Melrose, good food and good prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Your date won't scorn you.WhatHaveYouDined on 6/25/2013Here we have a tasteful setting, a broad-enough and high-quality menu. and cheerful, competent service. The prices are reasonable, and on a weeknight it wasn't so noisy that you can't talk. However, the noise level was reasonably high for a Tuesday, so I can imagine that weekends might be over the top. Maybe a weekend diner can weigh in on that for us.Special Features:
- Food is Great, Service Needs Work!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/24/2013Visited on a Monday night...not busy. Food fabulous, service really inattentive, unconcerned. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFUL Brunchprincessness23Dined on 6/23/2013the french toast was my fave! the eggs benedict amazing! GREAT AMAZING food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Living off its reputationNewtoLADined on 6/21/2013David needs to spend more time. Our food or the food of those around Was cold or undercooked. With the front room a quarter empty we were relegated to the back room. Won't be back
- One of my favorites, but...AllanDined on 6/11/2013This restaurant is one of my all time favorites, especially when in the mood for a burger. This last visit I decided (as a Mac and Cheese junkie) to order the mac and cheese. At $10.00, all I can say is, Comme Ca, what are you thinking? It was the worst, tiny elbow macaroni in a runny cheese sauce. The mac and cheese from the box mix is way better. I've never complained about anything else at this place, so just go and enjoy but don't do the mac and cheese!! And ask for Johnny the bartender, he is a flirt and fun.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!FoodguruVIPDined on 6/8/2013We had a great dinner at Comme Ca. The sever was very delightful. We especially liked the scallops and steak frites. I would not recommend the octopus. Tough and uneventful. Make sure to try the Penicillin. A great cocktail. We had a corner booth and it was a nice comfortable place to sit and observe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Found AgainlunchoftenDined on 6/8/2013Haven't been in a while and found it to be better food and more enjoyable than remembered. Four of us had a very good time, lovely waitress and totally delicious lobster risotto we shared for a starter.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood spot. FooddboyluckyVIPDined on 6/8/2013Good neighborhood spot. Food is good but could be improved. I ordered the Charcuterie and was a disappointment. The Croque-monsieur and this was great. Its hit and miss but the wine list and décor make up for any lost expectations. Good neighborhood spot just needs refinement on their food and would be outstanding... for now...I'll go from time-to-time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.