Comida - Longmont
721 Confidence Drive
Longmont, CO 80504Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Comida - Longmont
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatcomida.com/
- Phone: (720) 204-6455
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Serena Romeo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Takeout
- Catering: The Comida truck travels through neighborhoods and office parks along Colorado’s Front Range, feeding people simple and authentic Mexican flavors and making friends along the way. We keep our menu small enough to cook everything inside the truck; serving tacos, tostadas, quesadillas and gorditas.
A word from Comida - Longmont
We are a small, funky, not overly precious but delicious neighborhood joint filled with the flavors we have come to love over the years while visiting family and friends in Mexico. The food served at The Comida Cantina is filled with tons of flavor and richness. It is, however, authentic to the basic flavors and presentations of Mexican food only to a point. The rest has all been created out of a desire to try new things with these flavors as the base. Our roots are based in street food. Little bites, affordable, quick and delicious. Comida is food that makes people crave it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Comida - Longmont reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good for meetupsdecidedtodineoutDined on 11/20/2014This restaurant is best for meeting friends for drinks and appetizers. Food quality was generally disappointing. A fusion blend of Mexican contemporary style, food portions are very small, and very dry. Surprisingly bland in flavor (tacos), and then overwhelmingly spicey (jicama with cucumbers) But, as appetizers and drinks before going elsewhere for dinner, was good. If you're a fan of frijoles, skip them here! Ask for side salsa.
- Tacos!IluvcomidaDined on 9/30/2014Amaxing and creative flavors. Best tacos anywhere around here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Very trendy, cute place. The menu was limited, and a little costly... The food was a little different, not something that I would have again. I just wanted simple street tacos, but that wasn't really on the menu. However, everyone was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePattyjoVIPDined on 9/13/2014The food is Mexican but not your standard variety! This place has vision and creativity and are not afraid to show it.nthe Margaritas are fantastic too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food but very noisyRandJDined on 8/22/2014the best part of restaurant was service. the staff was very attentive and friendly. the food had unique selections, tasty, affordable. lots of spicy. however it was very loud, and tight seating so it made it a challenge to enjoy each other's companySpecial Features:
- The following 28 reviews are from the Comida - Longmont reviews archive.
- Was I in Brooklyn?StorkDined on 7/8/2014I first tried Comida at the Source in Denver. I've been intending to sample the wares of the restaurant but don't get to Longmont often Oh how it was worth the drive, which isn't all that far from Boulder. First of all, it's in a very cool neighborhood in Longmont, I felt like I'd been transported out of Boulder County. Amazing food, fantastic spin on American-Mexican fare. Don't want to spoil it so go explore for yourself the explosive flavors.Special Features:
- Waaay beyond its Food Truck originsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/27/2014Comida may have come from a food truck, but they are waaaaay beyond that now! I've eaten at both locations (Longment and The Source) a couple of times now and finally felt compelled to write a review because they do what they do so well. Presentation of the food is always quite nice, but more importantly the taste ! is just great. From the fish, to the beef to the combinations of flavors - the kitchen does a great job. Items are familiar enough to be accessible, and yet new and fresh enough to be interesting. Prices are reasonable, atmosphere is fun. It's a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemJerryDined on 5/31/2014Just outstanding. Our table was waiting for us when we arrived. The staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. The food was unusual and very good. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great placeMikeDVIPDined on 5/6/2014Inventive offerings. Small sized items encourage foraging over the menu. Posole was great. Chorizo quesadilla terrific. My wife gad the griddles taco and a fish taco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumyumVIPDined on 5/5/2014great food, diverse menu. good for sharing...a bit noisy when full, but lunches are only moderately loud. Spice level was good, with options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique twists on favorite dishesLadiesWhoDineDined on 5/5/2014Really enjoyed the flavors of each dish we (group of 4) ordered as well and delicious beverages.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Great food and drinks! Loved the vibe- upbeat and friendly. It's a fun place to go after work with friends or for a fun evening out.Special Features:
- One of the best restaurantsbobonneDined on 4/11/2014in Longmont... Great tamales on Friday nights. Margaritas have gotten better. Salad specials always good. We live close for an extra bonus.Special Features:
- Night out at ComidaBobbyDined on 4/5/2014We were early, but the hostess still had a table ready where we were seated. Friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You made Valentines Day- SpecialjwilkeDined on 2/15/2014Thank you to all the Comida staff for making this past Valentines Day special for my wife and I. we had the Stripped Bass for two and it was wonderful, we both enjoyed it. the Squash Soup with scallops was also great! I would recommend this place for a dinner for two or for four if you want a local nice place to meet and have dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE Comida!adamkickDined on 2/14/2014Great place no matter what the occasion! Food always amazes, as well as the staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Street Tacos Without the StreetJiggyJay2014Dined on 2/14/2014Comida is great for variety. I love the sirloin situation and the bacon and jalapeno tacos. Only complaint is the drinks, you have to pay for refillsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why make an opentable reservation?Shoediva50VIPDined on 1/18/2014Checked OT for res. Comida had a res in 1 hr. Made res for 1.5 hrs, 7:30pm. Arrived on time. Told we hadn't made our res in enough advance time, 24 hrs was optimal. They were busy. it would be a 15-20 minutes, But we would be seated 1st, since we had that meaningless reservation. Except we weren't seated first. If they aren't going to honor reservations, why have them? We wouldn't have been seated any sooner than if we had just walked in. Told to enjoy drinks & apps. No place to enjoy apps,& weren't offered them. Once seated, we were poured water, we asked for an app. Told we had to ask our server. Food is great for the price point. But this was a serious fail in terms of service. Take it off Opentable, making a reservation is meaningless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceMikeDVIPDined on 1/10/2014We loved our whole experience here. Food was great. Inventive small plates. Portions are small, but you can order multiple items. Great margaritas. Terrific service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/24/2013We went on Christmas eve and had great food and drinks. Great staff too.Special Features:
- What a trip23rdStudiosVIPDined on 12/2/2013So our car broke down on the way to Comida, taking about an hour to drive there. Monday is all day happy hour which was nice, we enjoy the food and the neighborhood Comida is in is cute. Not a huge fan of going out in Longmont but there are a few great places to eat and Comida is one of themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013Love, love, loved it! One of our favorite places to dine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food-very noisyFoodieDined on 10/18/2013The food was excellent and the service was great but it is very loud when busy. Even with the volume we'll definitely be back as the food is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun for a drink and tapasdinnertimeVIPDined on 9/4/2013This little neighborhood restaurant is a great place for a group of gals to grab a bit of food, a great cocktail or two and a lively conversation. I don't think my boyfriend, who has a rather large appetite, would love it, but if you are looking for a light bite, it's perfect!Special Features:
- Welcome surpriseSarahDined on 8/30/2013Coming began as a food truck and, luckily, blossomed into a happening restaurant. It was chic, fun and delicious. A welcome surprise in the Longmont dining scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED the saladOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2013Salad was fresh and full of flavor - heirloom tomatoes and Colorado peaches - yum! Tacos were great too!Special Features:
- A Prospect CharmerEUDadVIPDined on 8/4/2013Great Food, Great Ambiance, and great service. What more could you ask for... all in Prospect, Colorado...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High-quality, fresh, delicious foodMO242Dined on 7/18/2013Everything is fresh and delicious (from the apps, flan, and specials such as rellenos and tortilla soup to the core item that made them famous when they started dispensing them from the beautiful pink truck: tacos). Highlights include flavorful Tender Belly bacon in the griddled bacon/jalapeño taco, amazing Sirloin Situation taco with sweet potato mash, and jalapeño grits nestled in the camerones a la diabla taco. Watermelon and pineapple margs both have a spicy kick. Great service, friendly people, nice space. Easy to find just off of Hwy 287 in outskirts of Longmont's newer Prospect neighborhood with ample free parking (and coming soon to Denver).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my favoriteCuriousDined on 7/15/2013Overpriced for small quantity of unexceptional food. Seating uncomfortable. Music too loud.
- Finally, great Mexican food!RicoVIPDined on 6/1/2013This place rocks! Amazing, creative twists on classic Mexican dishes that are full of unique flavor. Very yummy. Loved the watermelon jalapeño marg. ooh la la!Special Features:
- Excellent dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Comida. The margaritas were perfect. The food options were great. Ordering items to share increased our conversation at the table. Our waiter was spectacular. Recommend this to anyone interested in a fun, laid back Mexican dinner with a great neighborhood atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We go to Comida just aboutbobonneDined on 4/19/2013We go to Comida just about every Friday nite. Living in Longmont, with its array of chain restaurants, we are thrilled to have Comida just a 10 minute walk away. The staff knows us by name and they are truly a very special group! Not a fan of the margaritas, but realize that is a matter of opinion. Favorites of ours are the salads, guacamole, shrimp taco, tamales and verde sauce. We are thrilled we now can make reservations...Special Features:
- Excellent margarita!COgirlVIPDined on 4/9/2013Food here is great, very modern take on Mexican. If you're looking for your usual burrito or chimichanga, this is not the place for you. My favorite is the shrimp taco that comes with jalapeño grits and has a nice kick. The steak one is also great, as is the bacon griddle taco. I've had the chips and salsa starter as well as the queso- both solid appetizers. I wish they served chips and salsa as a complementary starter... Their watermelon jalapeno margarita is what I go back for- there's nothing like it. I'm not a margarita person generally, but these are amazing. I can't wait to try the pineapple habanero one. Food here is always good- service can be spotty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.