Comida - Denver
3350 Brighton Blvd
Denver, CO 80216Neighborhood:
River North (Denver)
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Comida - Denver
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.eatcomida.com/
- Phone: 3032962747x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner: Daily: 11:00am - 12:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Martin Campos
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: The Comida truck travels through neighborhoods and office parks along Colorado’s Front Range, feeding people simple and authentic Mexican flavors and making friends along the way. We keep our menu small enough to cook everything inside the truck; serving tacos, tostadas, quesadillas and gorditas.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a Mezzanine that can be portioned off for private seating.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Stackpole x
A word from Comida - Denver
We are a funky, not overly precious but delicious neighborhood joint filled with the flavors we have come to love over the years while visiting family and friends in Mexico. The food served at The Comida Cantina is filled with tons of flavor and richness. It is, however, authentic to the basic flavors and presentations of Mexican food only to a point. The rest has all been created out of a desire to try new things with these flavors as the base. Our roots are based in street food. Little bites, affordable, quick and delicious. Comida is food that makes people crave it.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Comida - Denver - Best Restaurants in River North (Denver) ›
Comida - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)fit for foodies (55)hot spot (53)neighborhood gem (53)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (29)great for lunch (25)special occasion (17)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (12)romantic (8)scenic view (8)late-night find (4)Show More
- Great food and funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2014Brought friends visiting from Seattle. Had a great time and awesome food. A bit noisy due to the layout of the building but it works as the environment is a happening type spot. Would definitely give it thumbs uo.Special Features:
- Very hip cool place -DeniseVIPDined on 9/11/2014Housed in an old warehouse - stainless steel , exposed bricks - cool open kitchen - Great selection and unique options for dining - fresh ingredients - eat as little or as much as you want , sort of tapas fashion - Vibrant and busy on a Thursday night - Make reservationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shaemoseDined on 9/6/2014Carnitas tacos were great. Gorditas, not so good. Came out cold with the cheese not really melted. The comida margarita was awesome, very tart and not too sweet. The salsas and guacamole for a starter was also really great. Overall, food was good but a little pricey for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this dining concept!MsJoCookVIPDined on 9/6/2014And the food was delicious! Love this venue set up and the service was great. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good salsa!jwmcoachingVIPDined on 9/5/2014The salsas here are really tasty, but honestly, everything else is pretty standard when it comes to Mexican food. The pineapple habanero margarita is also quite delicious.Special Features:
- Don't sit at the barDenverCVIPDined on 8/31/2014My hubby and I had a date afternoon and sat at the uncrowded bar at noon to grab lunch thinking it would be faster. My coffee (just a decaf) took 20 mins, our food took almost 40. We were given the wrong check and it took 10 more minutes to get the right one (bartender gave 2 other ppl checks and chatted others up instead of making it right with us). Then ANOTHER 10 minutes to get them to pick up our credit card. The bartenders were fairly unfriendly and seemed annoyed that we could be annoyed that my drink and our food (chips and eggs dish and eggs and sausage plate) took so long. We paid for a nice afternoon out and left frustrated and irritated. We won't be going back for brunch. Waste of a rare afternoon together.Special Features:
- good vibe lousy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Just plain lousy food -- fun atmosphere -- warehouse chic -- go for a drink but do not eat here -- every dish was lousy. Picked vegetables were simply inedible.
- Fresh food/great serviceBriarwoodFanDined on 8/22/2014Visited on a Friday night with a friend. We were seated on the upper deck overlooking the main floor---noisy but a fun, birdseye view of all the action below. Had the carnitas tacos, fresh fish tacos (to die for) and guacamole which was very fresh and had large chunks of avocado throughout. We had a great server who was very helpful and knowledgeable re: the food preparation. This was my third visit but my friend's first and we'll definitely go back. Not sure it's a good "date night" place as it's a bit too noisy for getting-to-know-you conversation---unless it's a blind date and you'd just as soon keep conversation to a minimum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall great experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014Loved the food and the atmosphere, very hip and trendy. Our waitress was very helpful and friendly, didn't care for the chicken quesadilla but everything else was great. Fun place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Comida! Food was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Kelsey made us feel welcomed and that we had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place!marriedtoafoodieDined on 8/9/2014Great restaurant love it. Will I go back YES. Wish list for the next time just more meat on the torta . The service was really wonderful.What a great restaurant. This is the kind of place I don't want tell people about so I can keep it all to myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayHlg1234VIPDined on 8/8/2014I had heard so many great things about this place, but, unfortunately, was very disappointed. I love the feel of The Source, and the service was very good. The food, however, was not great. We got a special ceviche, which was excellent, but everything else was fairly lackluster.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StillDancingVIPDined on 8/6/2014What is so unusual about Comida (at the Source) is that in most large cities the regentrified urban areas are dusty and dirty with the only view of being across the street, while in the RiNo reuse urban area the air is clean and you get an incredible view of our Rocky Mountains and magnificant sunset - what more could you want. This place is fantastic and the food is great. Treat yourself.Special Features:
- Authentic with a twistFitt2BafoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Comida is using authentic Mexican ingredients like cojita and carnitas to put a modern spin on tacos. At $4 a taco you can try all the flavors like shrimp diablo and the jalepeno bacon grilled taco. With $2 tecates for happy hour comics is not to be missed! If you haven't been to the source or the rhino distric in Denver you are missing out! This up and coming neighborhood is soon to be the new hot spot! LoDo is so 2000 people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place - good foodcedyDined on 8/1/2014The Source is a wonderful place to visit and Comida makes a good lunch stop. I guess it would be great for dinner too. The tacos, the quesadillas and the gorditas were all very tasty. The mojito was just okay. Friendly & prompt service.Special Features:
- Great TacosrykiDined on 7/31/2014The food and atmosphere were great. Definitely going back soon.Special Features:
- Great LunchSuperbVIPDined on 7/28/2014Food and drinks for lunch were unique, tasty & good value for the food and service. Would return again when next in Denver - ate here on way to airport from Breckenridge. Worth repeating.Special Features:
- Great Street FoodLuvfood13Dined on 7/26/2014And, the best Margarita's! Truly loved everything we ate in the fun atmosphere!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014We really enjoyed the food and our waitress was outstanding. Only one thing bothered me. We were told when we opted for a table outside on the patio that if it rained there would be no table for us inside. This made me say to myself. "Or what? Is dinner over right then and there? Do we only pay for what we've eaten so far? It was the wrong thing to say to your guests! I understand the limitations they have for seating and they was one table real close to the kitchen with a lot of traffic going back and forth. But it was still the wrong thing to say! But it did not rain! And we enjoyed ourselves dispite the hostess. We would love to come back some time soon!Special Features:
- Where's WaldoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Loved it all but finding it is impossible. No signs, No visible address.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum and FunjpasDined on 7/25/20143rd time here and brought a couple of newbies who loved it! The food is creative and delicious and the wait staff is attentive and fun. The combo keeps us coming back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stuffgeorgebaileyDined on 7/24/2014Loved the first one in longmont and love this place at the source. Great food and interesting take on margs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ehOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Drinks were good. Service was good. Good was eh. Queso, guac, and jalapeno grits were solid.
- Unique & SpecialSuperbVIPDined on 7/20/2014This is a neighborhood gem that we would never have found without Open Table & its recommendations! We arrived by plane got on OTMobileApp, found this restaurant listed w/high rating. So we located it thru directions provided on APP. That would not have been easy as it is in an industrial area with about 2 other new/modern condo/office complex buildings - an island in the midst of all that. This little gem is located inside a warehouse type building called THE SOURCE, which has all kinds of very unique shops like a great bakery, liquor store, etc. The food is EXTREMELY UNIQUE, fresh, well prepared & presented and the drinks are terrific also, including some locally brewed beers. A UNIQUE & SPECIAL 1st experience of Denver CO cuisine !Special Features:
- hip trendyDoitrightDined on 7/19/2014I enjoyed the entire setting and atmosphere. Good crowd of interesting people. Saw John Hickenlooper come in with a friend. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Parents loved it!svvitaleDined on 7/17/2014Took my out-of-town parents to Comida for an early dinner on a Thursday night. Food never fails to impress and I love they space they have at The Source. Get there early to grab a beer at Crooked Stave before dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomedarcy55Dined on 7/4/2014Food was perfect. Service was great. Fun place and friendly staff. I would recommend this place and I will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceskinnerDined on 6/27/2014Highly recommended the bacon wrapped jalapeno taco! The queso is unique and freshly made. Wait staff is very friendly and attentive. Definitely look forward to eating at Comida in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here, loved itFogartyVIPDined on 6/26/2014So perfect. A great outdoor patio, a perfect night. Very nice people and amazing food. Lots to share and enjoy, leisurely. Loved the vibe and friendliness. Take someone from out of town here. Just perfect.Special Features:
- DeliciousC0eater76Dined on 6/25/2014The tacos were delicious. This was our first time here, but we've tried many of the other taco joints new to Denver. I thought the flavors and quality were fantastic - we tried the shrimp, pork, steak and bacon griddled taco. I just wish the location was closer or we'd go all the time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be returning soon . . .buddhistzombieVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great chips and guac, pineapple jalapeno marg was ridiculously good. Tacos were on point. We will be returning soon . . .Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchKandJDined on 6/15/2014First time dining at Comida, we had attended a fundraiser they catered. Everything was outstanding! Yummy food, delish drinks, great service (super pace!). We will definitely be back. With all the funky neighborhood choices in Denver, Comida stands above the rest in all categories!Special Features:
- Great Tacos and MargsDenverfoodieDined on 6/3/2014As many 'street' taco restaurants that there are in Denver, this place really stands out from the crowd. The Bacon and Jalapeno tacos is a MUST!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodSodagirlDined on 5/31/2014Very noisy, totally filled with urban hipsters, but the food is great! Margaritas are made with fresh ingredients and have way to much lime juice, makes you pucker up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JeffVIPDined on 5/24/2014We were seated upstairs and it was very noisy. The upstairs is like a dressing room storage area for the employees-did not like it much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious every timeRuthVIPDined on 5/22/2014I love the simple but delicious Mexican menu. The ingredients are super fresh. The chips and guac are awesome. One of my favorite places .Special Features:
- The following 70 reviews are from the Comida - Denver reviews archive.
- Delicious tacos!FoodieVIPDined on 5/20/2014We tried several different tacos and they were so tasty. The shrimp taco and the carnitas taco were my favorites. The salsa sampler was yummy too - not your typical salsas. The habanero pineapple one was great - not too hot in my opinion. Would definitely go back and try more tacos - good prices so you can try a good variety.Special Features:
- Great brunchkloopDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife for mother's day brunch with our 2 girls. No kid specific menu but choices they liked. Delicious food and an interesting atmosphere at The Source in RiNO.Special Features:
- Comida DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014This was a great find! Comida Denver is located in The Source, a remodeled steel factory, along with several other restaurants. The food was delicious and inventive and the service was top-notch. I'll be back!Special Features:
- The full packageWCDavDined on 5/9/2014Affordable, flavorful and hip. Comida is the full package!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.