Comfort Bar & Grill
3990 Hwy 105 S Suite 9
Banner Elk, NC 28604Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Comfort Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.comfort-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 8288983461
- Hours of Operation:
Open 6 days a week. Lunch Tuesday--Sunday 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner Tuesday--Saturday 5:30pm - 10:00pm. Tavern open until 12:00 Midnight.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Joshua Grogan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our Wine Room offers private dining for parties up to 38 at individual tables or up to 60 at banquet tables. With a stone fireplace, dark woods, and a visible wine cellar, this is the perfect setting for your next event.
- Private Party Contact: David Berry 8288983461
- Entertainment: Live music every Friday night beginning at 7:00 PM. Fridays offer a mix of rock, folk, and contemporary favorites.
A word from Comfort Bar & Grill
Reminiscent of an old mountain lodge with stone fireplaces, dark woods, and deep, rich colors, the Comfort Bar & Grill is a complete dining experience in the North Carolina High Country. Arrive early for cocktails in the Tavern before enjoying one of our chef's succulent meals. Our menu is classic American cuisine with a Southern twist. We offer hand-cut steaks and prime rib, the freshest seafood, New Zealand rack of lamb, Carolina shrimp and grits, as well as pastas, flatbreads, and salads. We have an award winning wine menu and a warm, inviting bar area. Come by and enjoy an extraordinary meal and discover memories you will savor for a lifetime.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Comfort Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- Last year dined at HearthstoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/27/2012Last year dined at Hearthstone and loved it. The name has changed to Comfort and enjoyed dining there as much this year. One of my favorites in Banner Elk.Special Features:
- food quality eroded considerablyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/26/2012food quality eroded considerably since last summer if not improved soon will be out of business by end of year talked to other diners who were in the restaraunt who said they would not come back, several food items served cold my fried okra the breading did not even stay on the okra shame to waste such a beautiful venueSpecial Features:
- This restaurant, renamed fromPooka19Dined on 6/19/2012This restaurant, renamed from Hearthstone Grill, has gone downhill rapidly. Although the food quality was maintained the service was poor - no silverware provided, had to constantly try and attract the server's attention, very slow service and care-less attitude.
- As often happens when we useKateDined on 6/9/2012As often happens when we use Open Table, we picked this restaurant due to proximity and availability. We struck gold. The food was awesome - we had trouble even picking anything, but it was all fantastic. (The one exception was an INCREDIBLY salty calimari.) The service was quite good, and the staff found (or at least pretended to find) our 2 year old very charming. We took dessert to go because there was no room, but oh, we wanted that dessert. No one was disappointed. I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Overall: Comfort Bar & GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/8/2012Overall: Comfort Bar & Grill provides a most enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- We were surprised to see HearthstonroberhartVIPDined on 5/18/2012We were surprised to see Hearthstone renamed "comfort," but we did enjoy some comfort food while there! Atmosphere was good with music coming from the bar area, and we hear that outdoor/patio dining is on the way (looking forward to that!). Wine selection continues to be really good and accommodates a number of price ranges.Special Features:
- You are wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Had a wonderful time there. Food was wonderful, wait staff was friendly and prompt. Prices were amazingly affordable for such a pleasant environment and quality of food. Will certainly refer friends (already have) and plan to get there again soon.Special Features:
- Having eaten at HearthstoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2012Having eaten at Hearthstone many times, we were disappointed in the atmosphere and food at this visit. It seems there is a new chef and management. Wish they would return to the previous ones. Sad to say, we will not be going there again, as this was one of our favorite restaurants.
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience. The food was excellent and priced appropriately. The ambiance was refreshing. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed our meal with our guests.Special Features:
- Food was just ok, not badOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/18/2012Food was just ok, not bad but certainly nothing to get excited about. Our waitress was ok at best. It took her a very long time to arrive at our table, she would disappear for long periods of time, and she was not very knowledgeable about the food or the wine list (which was surprising considering they claim to be a Wine Spectator restaurant of distinction). The location and atmosphere where good.Special Features:
- Nice get away for the evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012Have been to Hearthstone many time in 2011 and 2012. Excellent dinning experence everytime. I have taken many different friends and family and all agree. Fine dinning, great service, good atmosthere,and reasonable price range for the quality of food and service. Average cost ($25) per person. You can spend less, but save up and splurge, because it is worth it. Great for couples or larger groups, great set up and neat bar area also.Special Features:
- We came after a stellar recommendatbhorner3Dined on 1/27/2012We came after a stellar recommendation from good friends. We weren't disappointed, although for the price (very expensive) the portions could have been a bit bigger. We had lobster bisque (fabulous, but a very small cup) and blackened salmon (decent-sized piece, but not very blackened - but still tasty) and duck (great taste, TINY portion)and a small salad and a glass of wine - the bill was more than $70. The service was exemplary and the ambiance was perfect for a quiet dinner.
- Disappointing experienceCLTDinerVIPDined on 1/21/2012Had friends in town over the weekend and took a group in for dinner. Took 10 minutes after we were seated to acknowledge us for cocktails. When dinner was served, 7 of the 10 received their meals and five minutes later the other 3 were served. One waiter worked the entire back room with 4 decent sized parties. Food was fair, but obviously the kitchen has timing issues. While the waiter was pleasant, he could not be attentive to us due to multiple tables. Have heard that this is the case from several who have dined there this year.
- Excellent food and service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/21/2012Excellent food and service. Trout and flatbread were fantastic.
- We had a wonderful time. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/20/2012We had a wonderful time. We really enjoyed the live music and the food was delicious, especially the sides.Special Features:
- i thought it was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/14/2012i thought it was a little slow getting our entree after placing the order .There weren't that many people in the restaurant .Our waiter Jason was very goodSpecial Features:
- Menu shows imagination...foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012Menu shows imagination...food well prepared..waitstaff friendly and informative...we'll be back.
- Would never go back again.ssier002Dined on 12/31/2011Would never go back again. Food was good, but over priced. We almost weren't allowed to use a coupon even though no where on the coupon did it say no holidays. We made reservations ad had to wait, and although I don't mind waiting at all, the fact that they ran out of food and didn't have a large choice of food was just not worth the wait, at all. Would not recommend it to anyone or would I return.Special Features:
- Everything from the time weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2011Everything from the time we arrived at Hearthstone until we left was perfect. Our waitress, Jessica, was excellent. Even though it was New Years Eve, we did not feel rushed. Jessica was very attentive to our needs. Our dinners were supperb. I would highly recommend this restaurant to others in the Banner Elk area.Special Features:
- vibrant bar scene for 65 +OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2011vibrant bar scene for 65 + new owners not doing a very goodSpecial Features:
- Great food. Reasonably pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Great food. Reasonably priced for lunch. Friendly and efficient service.Special Features:
- This restaurant stands outjoebDined on 12/23/2011This restaurant stands out in this area. No loud music, tables are set apart, not a place for unruly kids, nor loud talk. Great find.Special Features:
- They have a new menu sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/23/2011They have a new menu since the last time I was there. Very nice. Food was great. The only thing I can say on the down side is that the food comes out very slow. Plan on being there awhile.Special Features:
- Nice Staff Medicore CuisinePixieguyVIPDined on 11/25/2011Nice American food in a beautiful setting. Especially by the fireplace. Service was impeccable in every way. Food was a bit hit and miss. Good tuna tataki but ice cold and tasteless. Rack of lamb nice but tough. Lively music coming from the bar. Staff extremely friendly. Chairs not too comfortable. Great wine list!!!!Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2011Great food and atmosphere! It was a slow night, so it may be a louder on a busy night. Nice wine list. The server wasn't amazing, but friendly enough.Special Features:
- Good selection of entrees.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2011Good selection of entrees. Excellent service. Owner stopped by our table to introduce himself. Great ambiance in lovely restaurant. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Made a reservation on OpenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2011Made a reservation on Open Table and got very very lucky to find such a great restaurant. Great meal. Great service. Excellent experience!!!Special Features:
- Very popular dinner spot.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Very popular dinner spot. Food is consistently good. I go whenever I'm in Banner Elk, which is about twice a year. The waitress told us that they were about to change the menu since a new chef had come on board. Current menu offers dishes like cassoulet, so I'll be interested to see what new items will be added to the menu when I return.Special Features:
- Wonderful food, wine and dinningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011Wonderful food, wine and dinning experience. Our waitress did a very good job and she was very attentive to our needs but did not rush us. Drinks and appetizers were wonderful, especially the fried green tomatoes with crawfish. EXCELLENT! My main dish was the BEST Shrimp and Grits that I have ever eatten. However, our wait for our main entre was right at 1 hour for a table of six. It seemed a little long...Special Features:
- Our first experience was great--weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2011Our first experience was great--we ate at the bar. The second was dismal. It was not at all crowded, but the service was terrible. The waiter cared more about the live music in the bar, than he did about our service. The food was so slow, we almost left. We were all disappointed in the quality of the food, the pasta tough and shrimp chewey. We will not return nor recommend it.Special Features:
- LeAnn and Dave Barry continuetravellingbuffaloVIPDined on 8/13/2011LeAnn and Dave Barry continue to raise the bar at this restaurant with their nightly presence and personal attention to customers. The wide range of food is consistently good and adventurous. Our favorites are the Scottish salmon, brie and mushroom flat bread, Joe's fried chicken, duck confit and mussels. The service is consistently good although on Friday and Saturday evenings it is can be very busy.Special Features:
- Excellent food! Our visitCLTDinerVIPDined on 8/6/2011Excellent food! Our visit on Saturday night was our first. They were very busy, and our service suffered. (We ordered another round of drinks when the meal was delivered, and they arrived as we were finishing our meals. The server said that they were "on the house," but upon review of the bill, we were charged. When we asked about it, she said that if we let our server know next time we're in, we'll get a complimentary drink...seriously? I thought that she had service recovery down pat, and then we got that response.) We will be back as our weekend home is closeby, and hopefully, that was just a blip.Special Features:
- The atmosphere at the HearthstoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2011The atmosphere at the Hearthstone was warm and inviting. Great service without the snootiness of some places. Food was AWESOME!!!Special Features:
- Everyone in our group reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/17/2011Everyone in our group really enjoyed their food. Our waitress was attentive and the waitress we normally have even can by to say hello. It is a very relaxing and friendly place that we can depend on for good food.Special Features:
- We have eaten all over theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/14/2011We have eaten all over the area, from high to low. This is the best food, service and atmosphere around. David and Leann make you feel as you are eating in their home. The food is exceptional. Never a bad meal and they actually serve you a good full meal. No "small" plates. Would recommend this over any resturant in the area.Special Features:
- We went for our anniversaryFlorenceDined on 6/29/2011We went for our anniversary dinner and found the restaurant very pleasant.Special Features:
- My husband and I just loveOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/18/2011My husband and I just love the flatbread and the fried chicken salad!Special Features:
- Dave & Mitch - 11 th anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/11/2011We had had a "dud" experience a couple of weeks ago and the owner's invited us back. WOW, what a night. The service was off the charts, and food was incredible. Steaks, tuna, and crab claws, could not be beaten. However good, we could not eat it all. Dave and LeAnn made sure all was well. Thank you for a wonderful 11th anniversay dinner, yes we've been together for 11 years. We will certainly see you guys soon in the near future. Dave and Mitch.Special Features:
- What a find! We celebratedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2011What a find! We celebrated my husband's birthday there and were treated wonderfully! The food and ambience was awesome! So was the wine list . . . great and all price points. Such a good choice of entrees, it was very hard to decide!Special Features:
- Nice menu....something forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2011Nice menu....something for everyone. Great local flair.Special Features: