5486 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30338Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.comgrill.com/
- Phone: 7705127410
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. Closed Sundays
November 22, 2012 - Thanksgiving
November 30, 2012 - Closed for Dinner Private Event
December 25, 2012 - Christmas Day
YES! We are open New Years Day, January 1, 2013
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Vietnamese, Asian
- Executive Chef: Chef Huong Du
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please call or email us to cater your next event!
- Entertainment: Please call us for Entertainment schedule 770.512.7410 or visit website for events www.comgrill.com.
A word from Com Dunwoody
A Traditional Vietnamese Grill With a French TwistContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Com Dunwoody - Best Restaurants in Dunwoody ›
Com Dunwoody reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (13)special occasion (13)romantic (11)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014Have eaten here a dozen times and always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Com Dunwoody Is OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014My wife and I had dinner here on a Thursday evening. We ordered three different appetizers and two entrees and everything was exceptional. The service provided by our waitress was superb. It was overall a thoroughly enjoyable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/10/2014The Vietnamese coffee is amazing! The food was not seasoned and overall less than satisfactory. The crepe was nice also.Special Features:
- Wow Very Flavorful!AtlnativeVIPDined on 9/1/2014Fantastic flavors and very authentic cuisine with many selections to choose from. If you're looking to find great ethnic food that is reasonably priced this is it. All four of us said Wow, we'll be back many more times to try more dishes.
- Great Vietnamese restaurantCarolVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have dined at Com numerous times and have introduced several friends to it. The food is very traditional and very good. Everything that I have ordered has been flavorful. I don't remember the name of the dish but it is my favorite. It involves thin rice pancakes that you soften in water so it can be used as a wrap. There is a choice of beef, pork, shrimp or tofu. There is a variety of greens and vegetables. For first timers, the server will demonstrate how to assemble the wrap. It comes with a dipping sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always greathpydinrDined on 8/2/2014There is a lot of variety in the dishes and the staff are always very friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Fantastic neighborhood gem hidden in a strip mall -- fresh, innovative and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pho-less but DecentOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/23/2014Pho is on the online menu and was our draw to Com but when we got there, the paper menus show it's only available Monday because as the waiter said to us "it's so much work to make." A definite disappointment, as was the welcome by the hosting podium. Totally awkward and unprofessional podium hijinx until we were sat. Then, it was under a leaking A/C vent that dripped on us and our table. Eventually moved. Justin, our server, was GREAT. Had the chicken hotpot (good) with sides gr. beans and broccoli, same sides plus rice for Shaking Beef (good). Both recommended by Justin. The drinks were the standout: Mango Mojito and the Mango Margarita - both delicious (Justin). Wouldn't seek it out again but can see the appeal for the neighborhood.Special Features:
- If you've never been; skip itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014The restaurant was hot as if the air conditioning was not on so if you like to sweat while you eat then by all means check it out. We had a scout mob so we figured we'd check it out. They charged an 18% gratuity of the original cost in order to use the scoutmob coupon which ended up making a $15 off coupon more like $7 off. I don't have a problem tipping a server using the original pre-coupon cost of the meal to determine the appropriate amount but when the service is terrible they should not automatically receive 18% off the top pre coupon gratuity.
- gr8dinnerDined on 7/12/2014I came with two senior citizen friends and we had an enjoyable experience. I especially appreciated that we could visit without the background music interferring. I look forward to returning and trying some more interesting dishes on the menu. I also liked the ease of making reservations online.Special Features:
- asisDined on 7/11/2014The temperature was freezing. Ordered a curry dish that came with raw onions. Found it rather distasteful.Special Features:
- Good food with poor serviceUvabarbDined on 7/2/2014I have eaten here many times and love the food. My most recent meal was good but the waiter was subpar. He was very inattentive, curt, and brought the wrong meal to someone in our party. Although he apologized there was no mention of discounting the meal which should have been at least offered as a possibility. I will go back again but hope that things have improved on the service front or it will be my last meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun-food all outstandingKobiescottDined on 6/28/2014We enjoy going there with friends and family. The menu is exciting and varied from the appetizers to the deserts. Fun drinks to try with each appetizer which you can easily make a meal of.Special Features:
- First time for my friendhappyVIPDined on 6/17/2014It was my friend's first time trying Vietnamese food and the watier was very patient and offered great suggestions. We had a very nice meal, he thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be back - and he will bring family and friends. Thanks for making this a great experience.Special Features:
- Fourth visit and countingSkyhawkeDined on 6/14/2014This was my fourth visit to "Com" and it's fast-becoming a favorite. Close to home, yummy food and drinks, good service - very happy we found it. I'd recommend Com highly to anyone who is interested in authentic food from "French Indochina"Special Features:
- Good but not greatScottieoVIPDined on 6/6/2014We were disappointed in the food this most recent visit. My friend's shaking beef was tough and not as tasty as it was the last time. My satay was OK, although the chicken was quite salty. Tony, our server, is delightful and works quickly and efficiently. We will go again and hope the next visit is better. We like the menu, ambience and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent high qualityTerryEshDined on 6/5/2014Com delivers fresh prepared Asian fusion dishes using top quality ingredients. Food is consistently high quality.Special Features:
- A Delightful New Findalaskak8VIPDined on 6/4/2014Looking for something out of our ordinary choices, did we find a wonderful spot. We had the shrimp and pork dumpling soup. The broth was a little too sweet, but very flavorful. Five dumplings. We shared the Com Platter. We wondered about "one" beef rib, but, meat was cut off bone and very flavorful. The shrimp and chicken satay was missing the peanut flavor we usually have, but, perhaps this was the Vietnamese version. They were wonderful. The stars were crab rangoon and Saigon rolls. The crab rangoon was better than any I've ever had, including my own. And the Saigon rolls? We were cautious about the "lamb" component, but this was the best dish of the evening. We could have eaten another order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- marbogoVIPDined on 6/3/2014The food was fresh and good. Cocktails were great and inventive! Service was friendly and accurate. I'd go again!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/28/2014Co'm is a favorite of the entire family. We initially tried it with a Groupon and fell in love. We particularly love the appetizers (yummy crab cake, best crab rangoon ever, tender, flavorful beef carpaccio, crunchy perfect egg rolls, delicious duck grape leaves, tender spring rolls, etc.), often treating ourselves to a variety of small bites and then sharing an entree or skipping the entree and going for dessert! The owner/manager is delightful and always remembers my children and makes them feel especially welcome, but Co'm also lovely for a quieter more romantic dinner for two. The food is delicious, and the servers that we've had are always happy to explain the menu, make suggestions and answer questions.Special Features:
- The following 132 reviews are from the Com Dunwoody reviews archive.
- comOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014good food and service--reasonably priced --easy to make reservations-pleasant surroundingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoyable!LadypilotDined on 5/16/2014This small restaurant, tucked away in a strip mall, always pleases! The food is excellent and the service is very good, as well. On this visit, I had a friend from Washington, DC with us; she was quite impressed with the quality of the food and variety of the menu. I won't hesitate to return to C'OM Dunwoody!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/9/2014What more do I have to say? Still great!!! Highly recommend!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/9/2014Really wonderful menu--elegant and delicious food. Will return - many times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!LikestoeatoutDined on 5/9/2014I have dined here many times, and it is always a treat. The food is unique and good, and I am always bringing new people to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food - Great ServiceMaryDined on 5/1/2014I thoroughly enjoyed lunch at Com Dunwoody. I had the salmon which was wonderfully prepared and I was very impressed with the fresh vegetables and overall presentation. The attentive service was also wonderful. I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but not great ambiencePVLugoDined on 4/11/2014The food here was amazing...very tasty and good presentation. However, the seating is very crowded - so crowded that I felt like the people at the tables next to us were sitting at an extension of our table. We could hear everyone's conversations due to how closely the tables were placed. It seemed that the organization of the restaurant was designed to maximize occupancy. The waiter was small and could therefore fit in they very small crevice between tables in order to look at us as he spoke. Although the food was really good, I would give this place a second thought due to the terrible and overly crowded seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab food as good as any inOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/31/2014Fab food as good as any in Vietnam. Ample portions. Friendly & enthusiastic service. (Bad music tho, Michael Jackson cover band.) Going back this week to try their banh mi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good as usualScottieoVIPDined on 3/5/2014Enjoyed another delicious dinner at C'om Dunwoody. Love their delicious sauces and grilled salmon. The only downside was that our service was really slow. This is not typical. I think they were short staffed with more diners than usual.Special Features:
- Loved the placeRafiqDined on 3/3/2014Went as a last minute surprise for my fiance'. She loves Vietnamese food so I had to spoil her. Not surprised she has been there before and spoke highly of the restaurant. The food was amazing and the wait staff accommodating..Special Features:
- Always the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/28/2014The food is always excellent and so to is the over all service and atmosphere. The owner/operator always makes sure everyone feels welcome and is well taken care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good!SharVIPDined on 2/21/2014The banh hoi is the best dish there. A must try! I only wish split checks weren't a problem. Would love to ask friends to go as well.Special Features:
- Great ethnic cuisine!LadypilotDined on 2/21/2014We always enjoy trying different ethnic cuisines. Co'm Dunwoody never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was pretty good!industrychickDined on 2/14/2014Everything was pretty good! Service was pretty good for a busy night on Valentine's Day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodATLGADined on 2/14/2014An upscale version (including menu and prices) of the original on Buford Hwy. Warning -- show up without a reservation on Saturday at your own risk! The place is constantly packed.
- Always a good choiceemhowellDined on 2/6/2014We have dined here several times in the last few months and have enjoyed each one. The menu is definitely more refined than the C'om on Buford Hwy, but they also serve the best items from both places, like the grape leaves stuffed with duck. Probably will need a reservation Thurs -Sat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good Vietnamese French FusionOnADateDined on 1/31/2014Food was very good. Waiter was excellent at helping to narrow down the choices, and offered to customize recipes to fit likes and dislikes of guests. (like choosing different fish than what was listed on the menu). The restaurant itself has a lot of French art on the walls and music playing was definitely French/European. Arrived to a nearly empty restaurant at 7 on a Friday night and it was nearly full by 7:30. Quite a few families with kids ranging from toddlers to teens. Long bench seat along each wall with tables for 2 that can be pushed together if needed, however, they are pretty close together, so you kind of feel like you're eating dinner with the people next to you.Special Features:
- Pleasant ExperienceConstanttravelerVIPDined on 1/18/2014We enjoyed our time and food here. Loved the curry chicken and the giant sized draft beer glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night for a great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/18/2014We have been going to C'om for year and never had a bad meal, well tonight we had a bad meal. The service was off. They brought our entrees when we weren't even half way through our appetizers. We ordered another round of drinks when he brought the entrees and he didn't show up with the drinks until we were finished with our meal. The beer he brought my husband was all foam and he said " this is the last of the keg, sorry". I had the clay pot flounder which wasn't flounder but some other type of smelly, fishy fish. When I questioned the waiter he said it was sea bass. It absolutely was not and was so salty and smelly I couldn't eat it. The lady next to me complained about her curried "flounder' as well. An off night for a usually good place
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014Everything I've eaten here has been delicious, especially the beef stew (a surprise at a Vietnamese restaurant), the bun salad, grilled chicken. I've never had a complaint. We've taken several groups of friends there and they all have been impressed and have gone back. The owner is extremely friendly and makes everyone feel welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.