2216 Pennsylvania Ave
Wilmington, DE 19806Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://columbusinn.net/
- Phone: (302) 571-1492
- Hours of Operation:
2014 SUMMER HOURS
Monday & Tuesday: 5pm - 8*pm / Wednesday - Saturday 5pm-9*pm
*Please call to confirm additional seating times.
Monday - Wednesday: 4pm - 10pm
Thursday, Friday: 4pm - 11pm
Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
Monday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm, Saturdays 5pm-7pm (Bar/Tavern only)
*SUNDAY BRUNCH: CLOSED FOR SUMMER*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ross Essner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Columbus Inn is also available to cater private events at your location. Please contact our Event Coordinator for further details.
- Entertainment: Live Music EVERY Wednesday Night in the Tavern @ 9pm
- Special Events: Check INN with us on our website, Facebook, or Twitter for up-to-date lists of news & happenINN's.
A word from Columbus Inn
Columbus Inn has been reborn as a contemporary bar/restaurant that combines the best of both the old & new. Featuring seasonal Modern American menus with an extensive selection of wine, beer, and craft cocktails.Continued
Some times/table availability may not be listed within the Open Table site.
Some times/table availability may not be listed within the Open Table site.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Columbus Inn - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Columbus Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (17)romantic (15)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/26/2014Everything about this place is amazing. Was celebrating a birthday and they brought our dessert out with a candle abs happy birthday written on the plate. Good food, good service, romantic lighting, and really good wine. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed Feelings2FoodLoversDined on 11/22/2014First time dining here. We'll probably go back but it didn't blow us away. The food was good, but nothing memorable. The bad service really took away points. The waitress took our appetizer order, but someone else delivered it, and she didn't get back to get our entree order for a good 10 minutes. She did get the few special requests we made correct, and checked on us once during the meal - long after the entrees were delivered so it's a good thing they were right. When it came time for the check, she was preoccupied. The dining room had cleared considerably but a table of 8 had been seated in her section and was just getting food. She must have been back to their table 6 times over the space of 20 minutes. Sailing by us with not so much as a glance while we sat there with empty plates in front of us and credit card in hand trying to catch her eye. We were almost to the point of getting up to find a manager when she finally stopped by and she didn't even attempt an apology. I wouldn't write the place off over that. It could just be one person but it's a strike. I don't think I've ever had the "waitress ignore" practiced on me so thoroughly before.I would recommend this to a friend.
- we waited 1.5 hours for bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/22/2014we had reservations for 10.. they seated us at a table for 8, then tried to squeeze two people on the end of the table. We moved to the bar.. it was loud. Then proceeded to wait 1.5 hours for food that as not good. We were very disappointed in the overall experience and would not recommend this place to friends.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Interesting drinks. Escargot delicious. Scallops entree mediocreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay awayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/22/2014This was our first time at the Columbus inn. We had dinner with two other couples. Let's start with the positives: great location, reasonable parking and a really nice dinning and bar area. Service was slow although our server was very nice. No real complaints there. Now the bad: overpriced bar (one glass of bourbon was $30 on a bottle that I know costs about $90) and wine list, they ran out of two of the items we ordered (we were a 7PM reservation), one was a special. We ordered three dishes of prime rib and all came out cold, so no one could eat more than a bite or two. The GM came over and profusely apologized and comped us the meals. However we still ended up with a $300+ Check. Because of the delays it was now 9 PM so no one was eating any more. I own a business which is in the service industry and I would have had my manager handle this very differently; by comping the entire meal and inviting the entire party back for a meal on us to prove we could bring our 'A' game. I know how powerful word of mouth is in our small community! Folks, there are plenty of better restaurants in the area that you don't have to worry about spotty service and food with more reasonable prices, do yourself a favor go to them!
- FoodloverVIPDined on 11/16/2014It was our first time at brunch, food was very good as usual, dessert excellent. Only comment they were slow keeping buffet table full, no problem we returned several timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent even when very busyOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great food. If you haven't been back in a while, give it a try. Fresh salads and entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualJmac1977Dined on 11/4/2014Excellent food with good service. Filet mignon was amazing. The pinot noir left a little to be desired but overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodloverVIPDined on 10/29/2014Loved the new choices shrimp always a favorite and personal Kennett mushroom pizza delicious! Thank you Dan, for knowing how much we talkSpecial Features:
- Lunch breakGDudeVIPDined on 10/23/2014Looking for a special dining experience for lunch? The Columbus Inn is open with a great menu and typically excellent service food for foodies, at lunch. A real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs work....food is greatVJGreenVIPDined on 10/9/2014This establishment has returned to the weekday lunch offering about a week ago. The food, as has been the case for dinners, was excellent. Great ambiance inside, and a great patio for those who like the outdoors. Service was very weak though. Our server got the order wrong (determined that an order for a wedge salad with chicken (as stated on the menu) meant wedge salad with a chicken sandwich), forgot to get the order back to the kitchen, and was slow to follow up on our beverages......appeared to be VERY NEW and truly lost! On the plus side, he was very pleasant. Worth giving a shot, the food will definitely not disappoint you!Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 9/24/2014The mussels, clams and mushroom appetizers were perfect, filet cooked just how we like it and cheese plate and trio desserts hit the spot, outstanding Pinot Noir made the meal even better. Our server was friendly and efficient.
- Glad we found this placeBaRGaiNHuNTeRVIPDined on 9/13/2014First visit to Columbus Inn was a success. The bar area was vibrant. The fish taco app was one of the best I've ever had. Our entrees consisted of the tuna pad thai and the steak frittes. Both were delicious. There were plenty of other solid-looking entrees on the menu, so we will definitely need to go back.Special Features:
- AngelVIPDined on 8/29/2014Always top-notch service, ambiance, and delicious dishes. We always look forward to our return. Thank you for perfection in fine dining!Special Features:
- Oyster AppetizergarycDined on 8/27/2014I understand that offering raw oysters can be challenging at times, regarding freshness and size. Our party ordered a dozen and at least 1/2 were so small meatwise that if it was my restaurant I would have shucked more to give the customer a better plate. Other than that our visit was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tj3685VIPDined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent. the food was not as good as the last time we went. Our salmon was expensive and small portionsSpecial Features:
- The following 532 reviews are from the Columbus Inn reviews archive.
- A must visitd1louDined on 7/24/2014We had a wonderful evening at the Columbus Inn. The food excellent and the service was perfect. The ham and bean soup was delicious! We had a memorable evening and look forward to dining at the Columbus Inn in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveninggmanateeDined on 7/16/2014Excellent service, excellent service for a group of 6! we enjoyed the food, WE enjoyed the wine list and the selection of!! Only downside, PARKING! But the food and the service makes up for that. Thank-you Columbus Inn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelVIPDined on 7/4/2014Superb as usual. We particularly love the Creatively unique menu. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- NICE MEALAGEDNOMADDined on 6/26/2014The restaurant was recommended to us by the Inn at which we were staying and it certainly lived up to the recommendation. We were seated outside, which was very pleasant, the food was very good and the service excellent. We are not likely to return to the area again but would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a restaurant in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Took my husband there for fathers day dinner. Had reservations..... hostess was friendly........food was not that great........was a buffet and the food was not refilled and what was there was cold or lukewarm...... my husband ask them to bring out more food but........ after complaining the manager did come over and appoligize and we were given free refills on our drinks..........will not be returning to this place.
- Father's Day BrunchdelawaredinerDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day brunch which was meant to be more of a lunch/dinner with BBQ ribs, cold seafood platter, wings, quesadillas. Food selection was excellent and quality was very good. Desserts were different with s'mores and cannolis--more "dad' fare. Very well executed and nice change from traditional brunch. We will definitely go back for this event next year.Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 6/11/2014We love outdoor dining on Sunday evening for the buffet. Our service was efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Another brunch bites the dust...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014The hostess didn't check us in properly to OT.Patio chairs very thick in the arms,hard to maneuver in & out.Brunch buffet:fish, grilled veg, salads & the non-labeled sauces-fine@room temp. Only hot items: sauté pans (pasta, omelets)& roast beef station which had no au jus, horseradish.Ton of sausage, bacon &what looked like breaded chicken in the trays over the sternos with lids covering the food. ABSOLUTELY COLD! Chicken-soggy&bland.Selection of 3 salads-bland & almost empty.No one really replenished, check temps. Dessert Display:hideous assorted boxed/frozen waffles(dry), brownies, Oreos -nuked/melted chocolate/sprinkles on them&they were scattered about.No whipped cream for warm and tasty bb oat cobbler. Sever took her time.Won't return.Special Features:
- Great raw seafood bar!!EatitrawDined on 6/1/2014The raw bar was excellent. Thanks to the girl on made-your-way station for making mushroom risotto!!!!! It was marvelous! The only downside was that we had a hard time getting service when necessary.Special Features:
- Very good experienceJerryDined on 5/29/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Great seat, nice room, delicious food and drink. Very positive experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening for celebrationDEdinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful meal with excellent service. I was treated by a friend from out of town who grew up in DE, so she was delighted to see how the Columbus Inn had been transformed. The fact that they have separate dining areas, means it never gets too noisy. We both had great meals that we opened with an excellent humus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Atmosphere..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014My family was there for the Mother's Day Brunch. The food was fresh and prepared to perfection with a selection that was superb. Overall, we were very pleased with our choice for Mother's Day, especially for our first dining experience at the Columbus Inn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Rushed ServiceBeachTravelerDined on 5/9/2014Our food was very good and very reasonably priced. However our service was extremely rushed. At one point, we weren't even finished our meal and the server/bus boy tried to take our dishes away. When we ordered coffee, one of the cups was cold and stale, the waiter said he thought that was the case and would brew a fresh pot. About 1 minute later, he returned with a cup, which was clearly microwaved. The check was delivered at the same time and less than 2 minutes later the waiter was back trying to pick up the check. He returned 3 more times for the check in a 10 minute period before I finally said we would flag him down when we finished our coffee! Perhaps he was new and it is a training issue, but it was irritating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBrunchVIPDined on 5/3/2014Friday night... Hostess so nice Waitress couldn't be bothered Second waitress even less personality Neither smiled Seemed to be bored with their job Paul the manager came later so nice Big smile! Salmon very sub par terrible presentation Over gnocchi ???!!!6 to be exact Wow Smiles and new waitresses would improve the overall experience And the chef used to care???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Under staffedMomsullyDined on 4/26/2014It had been awhile since we were at the Columbus inn and we decided to give it another try. The food was very good but it was clear that they were under staffed. I want to make it clear that the girl who waited on us was pleasant and did her best, but she just didn't have time to create any type of repore with us and she seemed rushed. I noticed other reviewers had the same observation. We will probably go back but not sure if it would be our first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Night DinnereprinDined on 4/24/2014We had a great experience. The food was very good as was the service. It was fairly quiet in the dining room. The bar was busy, so that added a bit to the noise level. I like that we could have a full dinner or go light. Menu had plenty to choose from. Good martinis, decent wines by the glass and nice selection of beers. Apps were yummy. Seared tuna, baked oysters and mussels. Will go again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful serviceJsrwmrDined on 4/23/2014The staff knew it was our anniversary and went out of their way to make it very special.Special Features:
- Easter brunchTrishDined on 4/20/2014Excellent food. The buffet was fantastic. We were seated on enclosed porch. It was a little cold that day - I wish they turned the heaters on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchBrunchVIPDined on 4/20/2014Came last year and it was wonderful. Disappointing this year. One Mimosa should be included. Buffet selection not as nice as last year. No breads, no ham for Easter, last year shrimp cocktail was amazing this year put in with oysters:/ Desserts were subpar S'mores really?:/ Very pricey for a disappointing selection this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/17/2014Took my 87 year old dad there and it was perfect. From the hostess to the waiter to the food. Great time. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMarthaDined on 4/13/2014I always enjoy the ambience with white tablecloths .The Brunch menue has greatly improved especially the raw bar and the prime rib tender and pink,I needed help navagating the buffet and the staff went out of their way to assist me even bringing things to the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous cuisine!2foodiesDined on 4/12/2014We have returned again to a wonderful meal at the Columbus Inn. Lunch or dinner you can't loose. Atmosphere is perfect.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekMernDined on 4/10/2014We visited the Columbus Inn during restaurant week with 4 other friends. The menu was suburb, and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate the weatherB2lunchVIPDined on 4/10/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner on a Thursday night during Restaurant week. You selections were wonderful and the entrees were very appealing. However, it was the attentive service that was truly outstanding. Thank you one and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.