2216 Pennsylvania Ave
Wilmington, DE 19806Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://columbusinn.net/
- Phone: 3025711492x
- Hours of Operation:
2014 SUMMER HOURS
Monday & Tuesday: 5pm - 8*pm / Wednesday - Saturday 5pm-9*pm
*Please call to confirm additional seating times.
Monday - Wednesday: 4pm - 10pm
Thursday, Friday: 4pm - 11pm
Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
Monday-Friday 4:00pm-7:00pm, Saturdays 5pm-7pm (Bar/Tavern only)
*SUNDAY BRUNCH: CLOSED FOR SUMMER*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ross Essner
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Columbus Inn is also available to cater private events at your location. Please contact our Event Coordinator for further details.
- Entertainment: Live Music EVERY Wednesday Night in the Tavern @ 9pm
- Special Events: Check INN with us on our website, Facebook, or Twitter for up-to-date lists of news & happenINN's.
A word from Columbus Inn
Columbus Inn has been reborn as a contemporary bar/restaurant that combines the best of both the old & new. Featuring seasonal Modern American menus with an extensive selection of wine, beer, and craft cocktails.Continued
Some times/table availability may not be listed within the Open Table site.
Some times/table availability may not be listed within the Open Table site.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Columbus Inn - Best Restaurants in Wilmington ›
Columbus Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (18)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (12)great for brunch (11)romantic (10)notable wine list (9)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (4)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- tj3685VIPDined on 8/1/2014The service was excellent. the food was not as good as the last time we went. Our salmon was expensive and small portionsSpecial Features:
- A must visitd1louDined on 7/24/2014We had a wonderful evening at the Columbus Inn. The food excellent and the service was perfect. The ham and bean soup was delicious! We had a memorable evening and look forward to dining at the Columbus Inn in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveninggmanateeDined on 7/16/2014Excellent service, excellent service for a group of 6! we enjoyed the food, WE enjoyed the wine list and the selection of!! Only downside, PARKING! But the food and the service makes up for that. Thank-you Columbus Inn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AngelVIPDined on 7/4/2014Superb as usual. We particularly love the Creatively unique menu. One of our favorites!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Took my husband there for fathers day dinner. Had reservations..... hostess was friendly........food was not that great........was a buffet and the food was not refilled and what was there was cold or lukewarm...... my husband ask them to bring out more food but........ after complaining the manager did come over and appoligize and we were given free refills on our drinks..........will not be returning to this place.
- Father's Day BrunchdelawaredinerDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day brunch which was meant to be more of a lunch/dinner with BBQ ribs, cold seafood platter, wings, quesadillas. Food selection was excellent and quality was very good. Desserts were different with s'mores and cannolis--more "dad' fare. Very well executed and nice change from traditional brunch. We will definitely go back for this event next year.Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 6/11/2014We love outdoor dining on Sunday evening for the buffet. Our service was efficient and friendly.Special Features:
- Another brunch bites the dust...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014The hostess didn't check us in properly to OT.Patio chairs very thick in the arms,hard to maneuver in & out.Brunch buffet:fish, grilled veg, salads & the non-labeled sauces-fine@room temp. Only hot items: sauté pans (pasta, omelets)& roast beef station which had no au jus, horseradish.Ton of sausage, bacon &what looked like breaded chicken in the trays over the sternos with lids covering the food. ABSOLUTELY COLD! Chicken-soggy&bland.Selection of 3 salads-bland & almost empty.No one really replenished, check temps. Dessert Display:hideous assorted boxed/frozen waffles(dry), brownies, Oreos -nuked/melted chocolate/sprinkles on them&they were scattered about.No whipped cream for warm and tasty bb oat cobbler. Sever took her time.Won't return.Special Features:
- Great raw seafood bar!!EatitrawDined on 6/1/2014The raw bar was excellent. Thanks to the girl on made-your-way station for making mushroom risotto!!!!! It was marvelous! The only downside was that we had a hard time getting service when necessary.Special Features:
- Very good experienceJerryDined on 5/29/2014We enjoyed our dinner. Great seat, nice room, delicious food and drink. Very positive experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening for celebrationDEdinerVIPDined on 5/24/2014Wonderful meal with excellent service. I was treated by a friend from out of town who grew up in DE, so she was delighted to see how the Columbus Inn had been transformed. The fact that they have separate dining areas, means it never gets too noisy. We both had great meals that we opened with an excellent humus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Atmosphere..OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014My family was there for the Mother's Day Brunch. The food was fresh and prepared to perfection with a selection that was superb. Overall, we were very pleased with our choice for Mother's Day, especially for our first dining experience at the Columbus Inn!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Rushed ServiceBeachTravelerDined on 5/9/2014Our food was very good and very reasonably priced. However our service was extremely rushed. At one point, we weren't even finished our meal and the server/bus boy tried to take our dishes away. When we ordered coffee, one of the cups was cold and stale, the waiter said he thought that was the case and would brew a fresh pot. About 1 minute later, he returned with a cup, which was clearly microwaved. The check was delivered at the same time and less than 2 minutes later the waiter was back trying to pick up the check. He returned 3 more times for the check in a 10 minute period before I finally said we would flag him down when we finished our coffee! Perhaps he was new and it is a training issue, but it was irritating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBrunchVIPDined on 5/3/2014Friday night... Hostess so nice Waitress couldn't be bothered Second waitress even less personality Neither smiled Seemed to be bored with their job Paul the manager came later so nice Big smile! Salmon very sub par terrible presentation Over gnocchi ???!!!6 to be exact Wow Smiles and new waitresses would improve the overall experience And the chef used to care???Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 518 reviews are from the Columbus Inn reviews archive.
- Under staffedMomsullyDined on 4/26/2014It had been awhile since we were at the Columbus inn and we decided to give it another try. The food was very good but it was clear that they were under staffed. I want to make it clear that the girl who waited on us was pleasant and did her best, but she just didn't have time to create any type of repore with us and she seemed rushed. I noticed other reviewers had the same observation. We will probably go back but not sure if it would be our first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Night DinnereprinDined on 4/24/2014We had a great experience. The food was very good as was the service. It was fairly quiet in the dining room. The bar was busy, so that added a bit to the noise level. I like that we could have a full dinner or go light. Menu had plenty to choose from. Good martinis, decent wines by the glass and nice selection of beers. Apps were yummy. Seared tuna, baked oysters and mussels. Will go again!I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/23/2014The staff knew it was our anniversary and went out of their way to make it very special.Special Features:
- Easter brunchTrishDined on 4/20/2014Excellent food. The buffet was fantastic. We were seated on enclosed porch. It was a little cold that day - I wish they turned the heaters on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchBrunchVIPDined on 4/20/2014Came last year and it was wonderful. Disappointing this year. One Mimosa should be included. Buffet selection not as nice as last year. No breads, no ham for Easter, last year shrimp cocktail was amazing this year put in with oysters:/ Desserts were subpar S'mores really?:/ Very pricey for a disappointing selection this year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2014Took my 87 year old dad there and it was perfect. From the hostess to the waiter to the food. Great time. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMarthaDined on 4/13/2014I always enjoy the ambience with white tablecloths .The Brunch menue has greatly improved especially the raw bar and the prime rib tender and pink,I needed help navagating the buffet and the staff went out of their way to assist me even bringing things to the tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous cuisine!2foodiesDined on 4/12/2014We have returned again to a wonderful meal at the Columbus Inn. Lunch or dinner you can't loose. Atmosphere is perfect.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekMernDined on 4/10/2014We visited the Columbus Inn during restaurant week with 4 other friends. The menu was suburb, and the food delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate the weatherB2lunchVIPDined on 4/10/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner on a Thursday night during Restaurant week. You selections were wonderful and the entrees were very appealing. However, it was the attentive service that was truly outstanding. Thank you one and all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedreviewer1Dined on 4/9/2014Perhaps because it was Restaurant Week, but service was unacceptably slow throughout the dinner. The special offerings were adequate in number and variety, but disappointing in quality. This had not been my experience during previous dinners here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to be backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/24/2014Haven't been there in a long time (a decade or more?) and have been there twice in the last 2 months. Very impressed. I've been working in NYC for the last 15 years and this place more than holds its own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went for brunch. I thoughtJettyDined on 3/23/2014I went for brunch. I thought there would be more food. They didn't even have scrambled eggs! Food was not replaced, so when it was out, it was out. I expected more from such a top shelf place.
- Nice menu. Food was very goodPoppyDined on 3/15/2014Nice menu. Food was very good and reasonably priced. Service was excellent. Would recommend for a night out of fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- resolved computer issuesMaxieVIPDined on 3/15/2014I think there was some problem with booking reservations for several weeks because of now resolved computer problems. Recent change in management is a big plus for the Inn and will improve patrons experience. Food and staff are outstanding as always. Nice to see them offering daily specials again. Just need to broaden the Tavern menu options. Its always a nice experience dining here.Special Features:
- An upscale restaurant withchefmomDined on 3/8/2014An upscale restaurant with a warm, down-home feel. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The food was delicious! Will definitely return in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placeMaxieVIPDined on 3/7/2014This restaurant has a great ambiance. The wait staff is efficient and friendly, and nothing is ever a problem. The food is very good, and the specials are always a good bet. We go here quite frequently and are never disappointed. There has been a recent change in the general manager which seems to be further improving a great place, and will continue to do so. We recently had a large party there for a special event. It was memorable day, the catering was perfect. All the guests raved about the food and ambiance. Some friends enjoyed it so much, they decided to have their special event at the Columbus Inn.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/1/2014I have been bringing friends here over the past year. Every dish ordered was spectacular looking and tasting. Service is probably the best in Delaware and others should visit to see what exceptional service is. Just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience. Food wasAnonymousVIPDined on 2/22/2014Great experience. Food was excellent and service was great. the steak toast is a really good appetizer. I had the ribs with mac and cheese and my wife had the "tuna club" and we both really enjoyed our meals. we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Successful Business Dinnerelinden1Dined on 2/20/2014Went on a Thursday night, which typically has a "vibrant" HH crowd, and this evening was no expception. A few "lively" parties were going on as well in the packed tavern area, which made it a little louder than usual. Service did not suffer however and was attentive and friendly as ever. We had the chicken bolognese and the ribs. Both were good, but not remarkable (the mac and cheese side was very bread-crummy), and the ribs were so glazed they were a bitt difficult to handle. However having said that, the evening was enjoyable, as it always is at CI. They used to be a great spot for lunch, they stated they closed for lunch while renovating (a year ago?). The reno is long done it appears, but they remain shuttered for lunch. Shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat kids in the bar?OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014We had a 10 am brunch reservation; at check-in they didn't have a record of it. They sat us in the bar area where we were told no kids would be. A toddler and some older children were subsequently seated in the bar. I put up with the high-top table (which is hard for me to get on/off) because at least there would be no screaming kids. Twice during the meal the toddler let out an ear piercing scream. During the meal, I was called by the restaurant to ask why I hadn't kept my reservation! Despite this the food was excellent. Our waiter was a little slow in presenting us with our check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's dayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I dined at Columbus Inn for valentine's day. We had never dined there before and weren't exactly sure what to expect. The Columbus Inn exceeded our expectations. The service was good, the food was outstanding, and the courses were properly spaced out. We were not rushed through our courses nor were we left wondering where our dinner was. The food tasted like it was made with pride. They have a great chef. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expectedSherirozDined on 2/14/2014The food and service exceeded my expectations. The staff was very attentive and accommodating. The food and presentation was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Lackluster serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/8/2014If you are looking for a good meal and don't care about the service, this is your place. When we walked in, the hostess had her nose in a book (I'm fairly certain the reservations book) and a scowl on her face. It took her a solid two minutes to notice us. When she did, there were no apologies or even pleasantries. We had a reservation and were shown to our table. The dining room is beautiful - very cozy and romantic. The server came to take our drink order, I asked for his preference between two drinks. He hadn't had either one so could offer no opinion. I also asked for his recommendation between two entrees. All he did was tell me they were very different. Overall we were more than satisfied with the food but disappointed in the service.Special Features:
- Great evening!MarianneDined on 2/5/2014Fabulous food, great service, and a nice warm ambience make this a terrific special occasion place as well as a nice venue for a business dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceBigDogDined on 2/1/2014Was there for a small family gathering and the food was great everyone liked there meal. The service was efficient and professional. Would recommend for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.