8349 Centreville Rd.
Manassas, VA 20111Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.columbusgrill.net/
- Phone: (703)330-3001x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 2am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, Portuguese
- Executive Chef: Nuno Duarte
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Columbus Grill offers off-site catering for any type of event. Weddings, Graduations, Birthdays, Corporate Events, Bridal or Baby Showers or even celebrations at your home. Whether you eat at your place or ours, we will help make your event an unforgettable one.
- Private Party Facilities: Let us entice you with sumptuous menus and affordable packages in our banquet facilities. Authentic Mediterranean and American food for lunch, dinner, banquets or catering is what’s in store for you at Columbus Grill.
- Private Party Contact: Nuno Duarte 703-330-3001x
- Entertainment: We do occasionally have live music in our bar/lounge. Please visit our website for dates and times.
A word from Columbus Grill
Columbus Grill wants you to get ready for an unsurpassed dining experience with our Mediterranean and American Cuisine. Whether it"s for your private event, catered affair, wedding rehearsal dinner, banquet or for that special occasion for just the two of you, the Chefs at Columbus Grill will prepare delicious made-to-order dishes that are perfectly paired with our fine wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Columbus Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)vibrant bar scene (2)fit for foodies (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Excellent experienceLuvnewfoodsDined on 8/2/2014Located away from popular shopping areas, we finally decided to try the restaurant. We were greeted warmly and taken care of well by pour waiter. The decor was playing and in the Columbus theme as expected and peaceful - much nicer than most restaurants that have a constant music or TV noise in the background. Very relaxing and made for nice dinner conversation. The Portuguese Salad appetizer was one of the best salads I've seen and tasted. Ingredients were fresh, plentiful and pleasing to the eye. We had Columbus Steak and Rack of Lamb. Both were excellent and of good proportion. The Drunkin Pear dessert was deliciously prepared and the presentation was beautiful. We recommend this restaurant and plan on returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for groupsteambDined on 6/21/2014We had my son's 15th birthday dinner here. Great service and food, scallops were fabulous! Very nice to see a healthy kids option in the grilled chicken and vegetables.Special Features:
- A Nice Fit for Mother's dayPeterDined on 5/11/2014The Columbus Grill was easy and fun. Plenty of parking. Friendly people. Interesting food and all of what our party of four ordered was good. Foodies might be disappointed but for a supper out in Manassas, it is hard to beat. Moderate prices, good wine and liquor list, I think more could be done with the space in terms of decorating, etc but the food and service should be the main attraction and they both passed with flying colors. I appreciated the warm rolls with the meal and the waiters were professional and efficient without being cloying, if you know what I mean. I would say it is an excellent place to take friends or relatives from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 71 reviews are from the Columbus Grill reviews archive.
- BrunchNinaDined on 4/20/2014Can't recommend this restaurant for brunch. Food was cold and not good. Pancakes/waffles were soggy, never refilled the ziti with shrimp the whole time we were there. Lots of fruit and desserts instead of good main dishes. Overpriced for what was there. Will not go back.Special Features:
- Mislead by Website MenuMackDined on 2/14/2014Service was okay. The problem of the evening was the menu. When viewing the website (same as open table) the menu looked to have a wide selection of menu choices. When we arrived, the waitress gave us a Valentine's Day menu which had maybe one tenth of the advertised menu. There was no indication this menu was going to be the menu of the evening on the website. The next event on the website advertised was St. Patrick's Day. I explained that to the waitress and requested the standard menu however she was not able to grant that request. We would have walked out however it was Valentine's Day and it would have been difficult to go else where. Will not be back due to the mislead menu and lack of proper notice per their website.
- Valentines Day, EhWvurob35Dined on 2/14/2014This place is just garbage. I knew it before I went, I gave it a shot anyway, so in reality, it is my fault.
- Any Day But...Hungry4MoreDined on 2/14/2014It was Valentine's Day and my companion & I wanted to stay near the house. We've dined here before & I was looking forward to the regular menu. Unfortunately, that was not the case. It was a poor selection of choices for a "Valentine's Day Special Menu". Heavy on the red meats & not at least a shrimp to be found anywhere. Started off with the Oysters Rockafeller and it was downhill from there. I will return because of the regular menu, but will never do Valentine's Day again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentJanetDined on 2/14/2014I wanted to find a restaurant close to home for Valentine's Day.After browsing on Open Table, I came across this place which had quite a few good reviews. I am at a loss as to how it got any good reviews at all.They were serving only a "special" menu for the night, not the usual Mediterranean: 6 aps,4 salads,7 entrees, a dessert tray.The dry bread, small stuffed mushrooms ($9) were mediocre. The salad had bitter dandelion greens, entrees, all with mashed potatoes & asparagus, were $27. My husband said his filet was good, but my rib eye was so salty I had to send it back.The filet replacing it was just as salty, so I asked for ketchup to make it edible.The dessert meringue was overly sweet and soggy. For a total of $96. Poor food, bad value.
- The Service was nonexistent!MPB12312013Dined on 12/31/2013The Food was Wonderful as usual however the service completely ruined our dining experience. We made 5PM reservations and arrived early from the moment we sat down it was as if we were being an inconvenience to our waiter (who had absolutely zero personality). Now I want to fully disclose this was 5 PM on new years eve but even so why take my reservation if you couldn't offer the same level of service as any other day. Bottom line I have never felt so unwelcome in a restaurant in my entire life.Special Features:
- I wanted a nice restaurantwksmith28Dined on 12/23/2013I wanted a nice restaurant to invite my family to so that we could have our pre-Christmas celebration in style. This restaurant exceeded my expectations. It was perfect. The food was fantastic, our server was top-notch, and the ambiance was beautiful. I can't wait to go back and try out some of the other food on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Menu and VenuegolferbobDined on 12/12/2013Eating great food in a former furniture store in itself is unique, the menu with its varied items makes it even more interesting. Our party of four each had a different dish which were all great. This hardly seems like a restaurant you would find on Rt 28 in Manassas, but there it is like a ship in the night. Well worth the trip and experience, might be pricey for some but check the website first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DIning ExperienceVinnieDined on 12/7/2013The initial meet and greet was good, but the wait time for the meal exceeded 20 minutes which is too long for a restaurant that was not very busy. The Pork Chop dinner was worth the price however the amount of gravy for the dish was not enough for the potatoes and the meat. I asked for extra gravy, but instead was given plain brown gravy (obviously from a can) which did not match the original entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceVictorDined on 11/20/2013I suggest all patrons must visit this restaurant to witness first hand the excellence of the food, ambience, and the service. The layout of this place is done with taste. Beautiful bar area, inside table and booth arrangement and small room areas conducive for business meetings and romantic interludes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 1/2 Stars, but not far from 4PickyPersonDined on 11/8/2013Relaxed / quiet setting. Service could be considered slow if you are in a hurry. But great for conversation with friends. Food was great and tasty. I will go back. Dining was not busy for a Friday night, but there is a large bar area. Do not let location get in the way of deciding to go if looking for great food with out going into town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodZhouDined on 10/12/2013Great food presentation. Catch of the day was amazing. This was our first time dining here, and we will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurantEMKelleyDined on 10/9/2013I ate at the Columbus Grill with my workmates for a team lunch. Our servers were excellent and very attentive. Our food arrived quickly and was very good. The desserts were excellent! The table setup is very nice. We had one of the nooks which gave us a nice private lunch. I definitely recommend this restaurant and will be glad to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch- save room for desertgolferbobDined on 8/25/2013This was our second trip to Columbus Grill for brunch, while they had omelets, bacon and sausages, the real treat was in the various chicken, steak and seafood dishes. While all of the entre choices were good, the varied selection of fresh fruits and deserts really topped off the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a separated diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/9/2013We had a separated dining are with a large table, each of us enjoyed our food. Wait staff was attentive and pleasant.
- Definitely recommended for dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/8/2013The staff members were extremely friendly and helpful in deciding which menu items to choose. Each item we ordered had a range of very good flavors, and there were so many great looking options to choose from. It was hard to pick a single item. We would definitely go here again.Special Features:
- enjoyed Sunday Brunch; goodborn2eatVIPDined on 2/3/2013enjoyed Sunday Brunch; good spread - need to try Dinner!Special Features:
- We took our family of 4 (2OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/3/2013We took our family of 4 (2 adults and 2 kids) here for a Sunday brunch and it was delicious!!! There was such an array of food that everyone found something they liked and went back for seconds!! I was so pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere, the friendliness of the staff, their willingness to help (anyone did-not just the person assigned to our table) and the food. It was all around a tremendous experience. We will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Almost Perfect...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/1/2013Overall, an excellent selection of portuguese-inpired tapas. Very good service....although we had to ask for bread twice. The food itself was overall VERY good....although our four tapas selections arrived luke-warm. The cream base on the escargot was a bit too heavy for our taste, but perhaps others will prefer it to thinner garlic and wine bases? The bar scene was pretty...er....interesting...a mix of Manassasans (can't avoid them in Manassas) and others. A few tweaks, and they'll have nailed it.Special Features:
- Used a Living Social couponknycksDined on 1/27/2013Used a Living Social coupon for brunch. Brunchis a $14.99 buffet, it was exactly the quantity, diversity & quality you would expect for a $14.99 brunch buffet. There were a couple of dishes that seems as though they were specific for the Manassas clientle (latin dishes with names that didn't fully describe the item), an omelette bar that was hidden behind the chafing dishes, VERY rare carved roast beef, nice salads, nice fruit & perfect size desserts.Special Features:
- Discover: Columbus GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/27/2013We discovered the "Columbus Grill" courtesy of a Amazon local living social deal, and really enjoyed ourselves during a Sunday brunch. The atmosphere was good, the establishment was very clean, and the staff was very friendly while providing efficient service. The bar staff was helpful in providing change for a tip, and at least one manager was visible walking around and interacting with the customers. The regular prices also seem to be a good value, and we plan to return again soon without relying on the advantage of any special. If we lived closer to the establishment, we would certainly frequent it more often, although it is centrally located in ever-growing Manassas, VA. Steve W. ~ Dale City, VASpecial Features:
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2013We tried out Columbus Grill as a Living Social deal came up for their Sunday Brunch. The food was alright although many of the dishes in the buffet line were cold and there were no entrees that were particularly great. The service was nice but inattentive, perhaps because we were using our voucher and they knew their tip was already included. Overall, there are other places to get much better brunch at comparable prices.Special Features:
- Average BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/20/2013I purchased a Living Social deal for brunch at this location. I had never been there before. I took a couple of my girlfriends for a nice time. The restaurant was clean and inviting. It also looked like a good place for large group dining, and the bar area was very nice. The service was pretty good. I was not impressed by the food selection though. I tried the shell fish and it was bland. I was expecting an assortment of fresh pastries and I just didn't get that. They did have an omelet bar. It was good for the deal price I paid, but I would not go back for brunch and pay full price. I will go back for dinner and try something else.Special Features:
- Brunch was served until 2:00OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/13/2013Brunch was served until 2:00 on Sunday. Our reservations were for 1:15. The restaurant was busy, but not overflowing. We were told to wait while our table was prepared, at which point we were apparently forgotten. Several other patrons came into the restaurant while I was waiting. There were several couples, a family of four, and a group of ten. In each instance, they were told the wait would be about half an hour, even though I could see empty tables in the dining area and several groups finished their meals and left. It appeared that brunch patrons were being actively discouraged. Food was good, but ordinary. Ambiance was fine--I liked the separate rooms for larger families and groups.Special Features:
- Good food. Had a waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/31/2012Good food. Had a waitress that was not very on top of things. Wine glasses were cloudy but bartenders were nice table was ready at reservation time and able to talk at table without yelling.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/9/2012My husband and I went here for the first time for Sunday brunch. At first glance we didn't think there was that much variety, but we were soon very pleasantly surprised that the items there - were all delicious! It is a very low-key brunch and definitely worth the money. The food was just delightful, the omelettes were delicious, the bacon was great, the mussels were fresh, and just everything was very good all around. Oh - even the fruit was extremely fresh and you don't find that very often, it's either overripe or under ripe.Special Features:
- Nice Sunday brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/9/2012Food was very good and we will go back. We had a group of 7 and we were seated in a semi-private room, which was GREAT. Nice to have the area to ourselves.Special Features:
- We look for Portugese itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/8/2012We look for Portugese items on menus and have not found any authentic ones in the NoVA area, until now. Several Portugese items were very well done, including real chourico.Special Features:
- Sunday brunch buffet was reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/2/2012Sunday brunch buffet was reasonably good with an interesting variety of foods including raw oysters on the half shell, an unusual (and very good) Mediterranean salad, fresh fruit and the best cornbread I have ever had. On the other side, most of the food on the brunch line was just ok with meats tending toward dry. The place was packed when we got there with people waiting in line, but our reservations got us a table immediately. It is a little hard for us to judge the wait staff fairly as our server had to leave in the middle of our meal for a family emergency, and there was not adequate staff to cover for the loss. Overall a pleasant experience, and we will try it again for a regular dinner.
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/4/2012First time visit; however, we were pleasantly impressed with every aspect of our visit. We will be returning soon!Special Features:
- We visited your restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2012We visited your restaurant the first time on Sunday to watch the Redskin game vs. Steelers because you were having the guestbartender there... It was great fun and your calamari was cooked perfectly and your kale and sausage soup was different and very tastey Thank YouSpecial Features:
- Despite good food the poorOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2012Despite good food the poor service really put a damper on the night for our group. Not likely to return.
- Good Food and ServiceTellitlikeitisDined on 10/6/2012Attended with my wife, son and our grandchildren 12 & 8. A very good children's menu with large portions. Menus had a good selection to choose from and also Portugese specialties. I tried the Portugese steak cooked on a stone and it was delicious and cooked as I ordered. My wife choose the rack of lamb and was completely satisfied. My son chose the Chicken Picata and my grand daughter (12) chose of the adult menu and had the Penne Primarvera and had to take some home but she enjoyed it. Desert tray had many choices and we chose the creme brule. We definitely would go back when in the areaSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Portuguese mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2012We went early on a weeknight and were the only people in the dining room. We ordered Portuguese food and wine and everything was very good. The linguica( Chourizo) was tasty, aletejana yummy and the the Portuguese wine was delicious. I'll be returning with my mother.Special Features:
- This was a pleasant surprise.KCBRDined on 9/26/2012This was a pleasant surprise. The food and the service were great.Special Features:
- The service was really bad.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012The service was really bad. I celebrated my birthday, and just after 40 min. we get a water. Server didn't know the cocktails menu, just said that all of them are good. The appetizers were served called. Maybe I will come again for dinner, but I will never come again for some Bday party.
- Really like the place, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2012Really like the place, very spacious, great wine selection And friendly people.Special Features: