Columbus Fish Market - Worthington
40 Hutchinson Avenue
Columbus, OH 43235Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Columbus Fish Market - Worthington
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.columbusfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 6144103474
- Hours of Operation:
The Columbus Fish Market is open Monday through Friday for lunch and daily for dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood! Lunch is served Monday through Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 12:00am. and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Price (Price reflects the average cost of dinner, including one drink and tip) $30 and under
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Nic Piccin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Columbus Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Tom Markgraf, General Manager 6144103474
A word from Columbus Fish Market - Worthington
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at The Columbus Fish Market, where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice, and the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water! At the Columbus Fish Market, we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that all fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef-driven menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Hoisin Glazed Yellowfin Tuna. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at The Columbus Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! Visit our menus online at www.columbusfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Columbus Fish Market - Worthington reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (52)romantic (39)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (31)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (17)kid-friendly (12)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great rediscoveryLove2BreakBreadWithFamilyDined on 8/24/2014We haven't been here to eat in years. Our family was visiting from New York and they love fish so we decided to check it out again. The Fish Market did not disappoint! One of the best meals we've had in town in a while.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great fishdineoutDined on 8/23/2014I know from someone who works at the airport that they get a shipment every day. Well prepared, great food, a little loud for a romantic dinner. But great for friends and family dining.Special Features:
- DeysomeDined on 8/20/2014It was our (6) ladies' night "out." I drove a van full -- and everyone loved their dinners. Only down-side (and NOT your fault) was the construction on "23." I was scared to death when coming down from Delaware, and not being sure where or how to turn left. We found it of course. And glad we persevered. Your "lobster dinner sale" was the enticement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/18/2014Overall great experience. The server worked to help me create something as close to my favorite (lobster cobb salad) dish as possible. It is no longer on the menu. The clam chowder was just lukewarm--seems to be a reoccurring problem here. The service, main dishes and outdoor seating area were excellent. All in all a great evening.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner spotKTfamilyDined on 8/17/2014Great food and good service. Sat on the patio for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- intotrackVIPDined on 8/14/2014We came for the twin lobster tails for $21.99, which my friend ordered. I ordered medallions of beef and a lobster tail. The food was excellent and our waiter was outstanding.Special Features:
- PerfectTable4TwoDined on 8/11/2014Our server was wonderful! Very knowledgeable about the specials and any menu item we asked about. He checked on us often but not so often that it was obtrusive. The food was beyond excellent and was very well timed. We had a wonderful time and will gladly come back if we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealtymannDined on 8/10/2014Our food was all perfectly cooked and was so delicious.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceCesareDined on 8/8/2014Great food, excellent service and friendly and efficient staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun evening with customersIke71Dined on 8/5/2014Had a very good dinner for a large group of 11 people. Food was very good and service was excellent. They really took care of us aftet dinner with drinks and an atmosphere for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- busterDined on 8/2/2014The food and service were excellent. We were celebrating birthdays and were given free desserts. Great place to eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and it was great in every aspect. The food was superb, the atmosphere was very nice, the service was excellent. Our server ,Sarah B., was so attentive, but not overly so. She explained the menu and answered all of our questions with very informative answers and made us feel very important throughout the dinner. She was fantastic! We will definitely return and ask for Sarah as well.Special Features:
- AnniversaryanticipationDined on 7/27/2014We had a wonderful time, our waitress was awesome, it was wonderfully peaceful and serene. Jut right for this occasion. Thank you,!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with FriendsDateNightDined on 7/26/2014Our dinner was excellent with out of town friends. Friendly service, great recommendations! I gave 4 stars on food because the lobster bisque soup was rather salty, which our waiter switched out for clam chowder... much better! The cedar planked sockeye salmon was AMAZING, but once you got down to the bottom of the fish, it too was a little salty. I would still order the salmon again, it truly was an amazing flavor combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodSarahDined on 7/26/2014We went during restaurant week. Initially quite disappointed that they ran out of walleye. We ending up ordering from the regular menu instead, and it was quite good. We will be back.Special Features:
- Delicious Fish!DaisyJ26Dined on 7/26/2014The Fish Market has been my favorite restaurant for many years. Always a pleasant dining experience at any of their locations around Columbus. The food is excellent. The service is prompt and courteous. I have introduced many of my friends to seafood through an invitation to The Fish Market and they all come out satisfied. It is a bit expensive per person, but you absolutely get what you pay for... in addition to happy memories that will last a lifetime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitjrbirdmanDined on 7/25/2014If you're from a part of the country where the distance between the boat the fish came in on and the table on which it's served is less than 24 hours, then Columbus Fish Market may be a tiny bit of a disappointment. But, if you're from the Midwest, this is a great restaurant. And that's why I dropped the food score from Outstanding to Very Good. But that's it. The rest of the experience, including the bar and table service was truly outstanding. Credos to our server, Laura, for doing a great job with our table which included two very young children. The host, seating, food, plating, drinks, service, everything was wonderful. Now...if they can only get their fish in faster without raising their prices. :)Special Features:
- Poor serviceDougDined on 7/25/2014We waited a long time for appetizers and when they came the mussels were lukewarm. Entrée came as we were just finishing appetizers. We had to find another servers to get a second glass of wine since our server disappeared. Served trout with giant clump of rice, no sauce on rice, no soy sauce, and not enough sauce on trout to compensate for dry clump of rice.
- Ingredients could be betteryhhsiaoDined on 7/25/2014The lobster, fish, mussel, oyster are not that fresh as I thought. And the cooking style would cover the original beautiful taste of those ingredients. However, shrimps and mashed potatoe are both good!Special Features:
- Burned fishSharonDined on 7/24/2014We were having a farewell party that day and the friend who is leaving us got a burned fish. I tasted the fish because she shared with me. We did not tell the waitress because our friend didn't mind about it and all of us don't want to broke the good ambience. She got a spicy crispy shrimp and red snapper. Both of them include rice, however, the menu did not tell and waitress did not inform her so she ate two dishes with rice. The spicy crispy shrimp was a little bit too salty. And the snapper was burned, with bitter taste. I was pretty satisfied with my lobster. However, the shrimp and scallop ceviche was not as expected. I could barely see the scallop and shrimp but a lot tortilla chips. Overall, I don't think it worth the price.
- Columbus Fish MarketMikeAndDined on 7/21/2014We used the fixed price menu that was associated with Restaurant Week. We had the Asian shrimp appetizer (house specialty), Lobster tails, and Shark Fin pie for dessert (ice cream cake). All was good as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th anniversary30yearsDined on 7/21/2014You guys made the day perfect! The dinner was awesome and the service great! I would recommend this restaurant to every body!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sea Bass was amazingHelenVIPDined on 7/20/2014I loved the sea bass. It was delicious. We were driving back to Toledo and found the Columbus Fish Market on Open Table. We had never been there before. I will definitely go again!!!Special Features:
- ReviewwineanddineDined on 7/15/2014My husband and I had an early dinner. The service was outstanding, waiter very friendly and attentive. Our booth table was not level so one of us had to stable it by placing our foot on the foot of the table the entire meal. The food was okay. The salsa for the Island Jerk preparation was to have serrano peppers in it but it was not very spicy or was it flavorsome. Overall it was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster Mondays are great!JayneVIPDined on 7/14/2014The combination of oysters and twin lobster tails was outstanding!Special Features:
- disappointedDined on 7/14/2014My wife's salmon and my daughter's lobster tail were very good and outstanding. My grilled trout was dry and burnt on the edge. My wife and my vegetables were cold and hard. The area where we were seated was dark.
- Little over priceMAlamDined on 7/13/2014My wife's food was good. But my striped bass was cold not even warm. Plus meat tasted like it was raw. Also goat cheese was uneatable.Special Features:
- The SpecialCurlyDined on 7/12/2014The Special consisting of lobster (truly great) and beef cubes on a screwer (overcooked and chewy) was our dinner. The salad was great and we enjoyed that. The veggies were very very hard and non-chewable...went back on the plate...wasted. Must have been on the grill 1 minute at the most. Our server was great and very accommodating when we told her the above. She suggested a replacement, we declined. We only wanted the kitchen to know they overcooked the beef,and undercooked the veggies, all of them. We had a CM gift card, but did not know we could not use it. We of course will use it other places. The dining room was very dark and uninviting. We sat on the porch and enjoyed the old cars going around.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Disappointmentbonzai82Dined on 7/11/2014This establishment was well recommended. For me, it was very over-rated. The shrimp cocktail appetizer was just ok. The Alaskan King Crab was a huge disappointment. The shells were extremely difficult to crack and pry the meat out. The nut-cracker provided to crack the shells would not go down to a small enough diameter to do its' job. Very good service. For the price range, there was nothing special about the seating or décor.Special Features:
- Great Lobster.JohnKDined on 7/7/2014We had the twin lobster tails special. You can't go wrong. The seafood gumbo was great. Service was very good. Good pour on the chardonnay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience614sa2014Dined on 7/6/2014Dined recently at Columbus Fish Market and had an enjoyable experience. The food was amazing and the wait staff was, too. I found it to be a bit pricey, but the food was very good. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable!CaAMillerVIPDined on 7/4/2014Better thank expected. Food and service great! Drinks good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal at CFMPinballDined on 7/3/2014Went to CFM to celebrate wife's retirement, it was delicious. I had the tenderloin skewers with lobster tail. The tenderloins were cooked to perfection, the lobster good too, but i enjoyed the veggies even more (grilled zucchini and asparagus). My wife's meal was the salmon with lobster tomato butter. I will assume it was good as I was not allowed to partake. Overall a wonderful time was had.Special Features:
- WineNdine4funDined on 6/23/2014Interesting experience. Food and wine were great. The Mister didn't care for either of the signature drinks he tried though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Great ServiceJandBCUMMINGSDined on 6/22/2014We stop at the Columbus Fish Market every June on way from Arizona to New York State for the summer. We look forwad to the excellent dinner we will have and this time it proved to be even better. Our waitress, Laura, was very attentive to our service, order and wine service through out the meal. She recommended the carrott cake for dessert and we said "sure". We were blown away when we saw the size of the dessert ~ it was the best. She described it to be cake, carrotts and delicious cream cheese frosting ~ no nuts, or raisins which was perfectly fine with us. We now have even more reason to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningtbirchfDined on 6/22/2014We had great service and outstanding food for our anniversary at Columbus Fish Market in the Crosswoods, making ours a very special occasion. Only problem we had was finding the restaurant as I did not bring the address or phone number, so had to call my daughter who found the phone number on the internet so the hostess could guide us where to drive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's DayconjrDined on 6/15/2014I would definitely return to try more dishes. The Island Jerk Tilapia was excellent! I'm not a big seafood fan, but this was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful timeDwood1970Dined on 6/14/2014My wife and I went here for her birthday and had a great time. The sea bass is excellent and they brought her a rose and gave her a free dessert. Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loss of qualityCassandraDined on 6/13/2014We have been eating here 2x/month for the last year because of the superb way they've cooked fish. The last 2x the fish was very badly prepared. We ordered expensive wild salmon that was terribly wastefully overcooked time before last. We wanted to undo that experience and went back and informed our server. He brought us practically raw salmon. He never checked back with us and someone else had to bring us the wine we had ordered as soon as we got there. The oysters we ordered were mushy and far from fresh. We're wondering if we should risk another trip which is especially sad because we had our rehearsal dinner there.
- GrouchyGeezerDined on 6/13/2014Oysters are hard to get in Columbus, I appreciate that Fish Market always has them. I expect a great experience there and I have never been disappointed.Special Features: