Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
1245 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.columbusfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 6142913474
- Hours of Operation:
The Columbus Fish Market is open Monday through Friday for lunch and daily for dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood! Lunch is served Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Tincher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Columbus Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Steven Kulas, General Manager 6142913474
A word from Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at The Columbus Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water! At the Columbus Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that all fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef-driven menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Hoisin Glazed Yellowfin Tuna. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at The Columbus Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! Visit our menus online at www.columbusfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview reviews from OpenTable diners
234 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (145)good for groups (75)romantic (64)fit for foodies (63)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (17)great for brunch (10)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)vibrant bar scene (7)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- DeliciousAngelDined on 9/28/2014My mother never finishes a meal. She normally likes to have left over. But not this time. She polished her Parmesan Crusted Chicken. Autumn Harvest Feast with scallops, shrimp, delicious vegetables & crab cake. Try their bacon bbq shrimp. Their calamari is distinctive & not imitation. Dessert of Vanilla bean creme Brule was worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special MomentskrkelaDined on 9/27/2014Overwhelmed and had a fabulous time with family anhd friend by far exceeded all my expectations. Service was great! I truly enjoyed my card and rose. Everyone including myself love the ideal of my name being on a menu. Truly a night too remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portions have been slashedJosephDined on 9/27/2014I ordered one of my favorite pasta dishes and was disappointed to find that they have really skimped on their portions. I paid 24 dollars for the Frutte de Marre pasta dish and I received pasta with three pieces of shrimp, a scallop divided in fourths, and about 7-8 muscles the size of a pistachios. The side salad was literally tasteless (caesar salad). On a good note the crab dip was excellent. My wife and I had our first date here years ago and have been going every year since. Unfortunately I do not think we will be returning. $100 dollar bill for a great appetizer, some sub par pasta, decent crab cakes, and tasteless salads.
- Excellent ServiceThaddeusDined on 9/26/2014We arrived 45 minutes early and without any questuion took us to a table right away, no waiting.Special Features:
- Here We Go AgainPhilWDined on 9/26/2014Is there a chef in this town who is able and willing to cook fish to the order of the customer? If there is, I haven't discovered his domain yet. They seem to have the idea that anyone who orders fish well-done is a cretin who needs to be saved from themselves. Forget that this cretin is paying the bills!! How hard is it to take a tiny piece of cod and cook it all the way thru? Must be pretty hard because I ordered it "well-done" and made sure the waitress knew what I was talking about and here it comes, warm on the outside and just barely translucent on the inside. What should be a flaky fish when properly cooked, turned out to almost need a knife to cut.Special Features:
- OK, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Generally, everything about the eating experience was good. The only issue was that the cedar plank prepared fish was lukewarm, almost room temperature when served. It would have been so much more tasty if it had been broiler or grill hot. To the credit of the management, they offered a free desert to make up for that mistake.Special Features:
- Great Food, Good PriceStudentAndReviewerDined on 9/23/2014I took my girlfriend on a date here and we both really liked the food. The calamari was great, and I got the special that gave me clam chowder and lobster Alfredo for $20. I visit the east coast regularly and eat seafood there so I'm normally disappointed when I have seafood here in Ohio, but this place was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Have loved in the past but had horrible service throughout and poor seating though gave them several days notice of our party. The chefs were friendly and helpful but some food was not cooked well - probably not the fish chefs.
- Always perfectionColumbusFoodChickVIPDined on 9/20/2014The service, food, and atmosphere all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Always a good choice. Took my elderly parents and they didn't appreciate the darkness and the loudness. Not being their age, I've never noticed, but it's something to think about.Special Features:
- 14th and 75th B-Day Party2BdayPartyDined on 9/19/2014The service and food couldn't have been better! We had a duel B-Day party and it was wonderful. Great touch on the red roses, it made these girls nights!Special Features:
- Great Place!KristieBDined on 9/17/2014A group of 8 of us went there for dinner following a funeral viewing on a Wednesday night. We all ordered entrees, three of which were steaks. My filet came out burnt on one side with serious grill marks in it and it didn't taste very good. The server immediately took my plate back to the kitchen and had them make a new one with new warm sides. The manager was also quick to respond and came by to make sure the new steak was cooked accordingly. New steak was cooked exactly how I wanted it. When we asked for our check they had taken my meal off. They didn't need to do that, we were planning to pay for the meal, but it was a very nice gesture. Customer service like that is what makes a great business and keeps people coming back!Special Features:
- Scooby10Dined on 9/17/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, the service was superb. Atmosphere was great. Excellent all the way around.Special Features:
- kazzyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great experience consistently over the years. My favorite lunch spot.Special Features:
- Always a great timeBManDined on 9/13/2014Continue to rate the Fish Market as one of the best restaurants in Columbus. Even their non-seafood options impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageJeanDined on 9/12/2014There were 6 of us dining. Took 20 minutes to get drinks ordered and another 10 - 15 to get them delivered. The food however was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid - as alwaysTrollsDadVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is truly one of Columbus' best location for seafood. Anything with the Mitchell name is like a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. Very high standards and consistent. I asked for a special off-menu prep and they accommodated and it was outstanding!Special Features:
- One of our favsMrCinGCDined on 8/31/2014It is pretty much the first choice for a special dinner with my wife, such as anniversary. Food is always top notch and service is outstanding. We always walk away happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnersariDined on 8/30/2014food was great, place was crowded and everyone had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulBoyWonderDined on 8/29/2014Honestly, I'm so unbelievably disappointed. My girlfriend and I were out celebrating a special occasion, and this could not have been a bigger let down. With the exception of our waitress, who was wonderful...everything else about this experience was just terrible. To say the food was subpar is an understatement. I ordered the Mahi Mahi, only to find that it was completely undercooked, and in fact raw when it was brought out to the table. I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence...but for a restaurant to be so highly recommended, and produce such low quality is appalling. I promise you, unless things change, I will not be back.Special Features:
- BasicJBofDCVIPDined on 8/28/2014This place was nothing special in any way other than the fresh selection of seafood.
- A birthday eveningFishLoverDined on 8/23/2014My family and I brought my 13 yr old daughter here for her birthday and they treated her like royalty. Without even asking, they brought her dessert, a signed card from the staff and a beautiful red rose. The dishes are delectable, and the atmosphere is appropriate whether you show up in your finest, or played down in your business casual.Special Features:
- excellent food and servicefamilydinerDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious an prepared very well. Our favorites were the shrimp and atlantic salmon entrees. We liked the many choices of preparation for each of the entrees. The service was excellent and friendly, and the manager seemed to converse at every table. We were celebrating two milestone birthdays, so they made the experience very special for us. We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great food, Service, Special eventHappymom1Dined on 8/22/2014We celebrated our daughter's 20th birthday. The personalized menu was a nice surprize, our food was delicious, the waitress was outstanding, and the complimentary desert, single rose, and card made our daughter's special day memorable. We would deffinately come back! Everyone was very friendly!!Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I have to the restaurant at least 4 times in the past 4 years and I have always had an extraordianry time. This was my first time on a weekend and I felt that the food was not as good, and the restaurant was too loud for me to hear my companions. I know that if I would have told them I did not like my food they would have gladly replaced it but I just was not that hungry anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodFrequentDinerDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant came highly recommended and we will now do the same. Great seafood and steak and overall dinner. Would recommend the seafood typically, but there was a combo and the steak that two in the party had was excellent as well. Very enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- Great FoodAK15Dined on 8/22/2014Super atmosphere and great service. Food was incredible. Will be back next time I'm in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday made special!WLZPADined on 8/19/2014My wife and I took my mother-in-law for her 76th birthday. I briefly mentioned it was her birthday in my reservation. We were WOW'd by the extras they did. The top of the menus for our table had "Happy 76th Birthday!" on the menu (not hand written). Later, the server gave her a free desert and then someone came and presented her a red rose. It was so special and all unexpected. And, the food was worthy of such a fine evening. The presentation was incredible and the taste was outstanding. We will definitely remember this place as one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteseatoutoftenDined on 8/19/2014Open Table was an easy and quick way to make our reservations. The two-lobster tails special was a hit although out of our four guests, I decided to have one of the other special that included tenderloin on skewer and one lobster tail. Our service and food was excellent and also was one of the summer exotic special cocktails -- a type of mimosa. Will remain one of our favorite dining places.Special Features:
- Great restaurant.CbusYumDined on 8/18/2014This was my first time at Columbus Fish Market and I loved it. My meal was delicious and the service was great. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014This is a good restaurant, but I think it's slipped a little over the past few years. The food was good, but when I asked to add a side of asparagus to my plate, I got 4 spears. I didnt look to see what the exrta charge was for that, guessing I probably didnt want to know. The service was good, but not excellent. I can still recommend it but if you haven't been there in awhile you may notice some slight changes.Special Features:
- OutstandingJazzyjazz18Dined on 8/17/2014Thank you so much for making my event special.. Last time we dinned it was 2 years ago... Last time my father was aliveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsSpecialdineDined on 8/16/2014Our son & daughter in law were celebrating their 20th wedding Anniv & we were celebrating our 52nd. The Columbus fish market made us feel special with the desserts. The ladies especially liked the roses The food was good, although the smashed potatoes were not hot When called to their attention, hot potatoes were quickly brought out Wine selection was good & the Savaignon Blanc we had was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSeafoodLoveDined on 8/16/2014We arrived early for our reservation and was accommodated immediately. The appetizer Spicy Crunchy Shrimp is highly recommended. the overall atmosphere for our dinner that evening was relaxing and allowed for a nice conversation without yelling over top of other people. Dinner was served and was enjoyed with a great cup of coffee and a piece of shark fin pie afterwards to finish off the evening. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014The food was great. However, for a fine dinning restaurant, the service was not I would expect. Our waitress was polite, but she never followed up with us once our food arrived except to drop off the bill.
- Christine YardleySicilianKissDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good. No wait for seating. Our waiter Trent was very attentive and did an outstanding job. This was our first dining experience there and we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Term ExcellanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My wife and I have been a fan of Fish Market before the transition and continue to enjoy the great food as well as the excellent service. I met the GM Keith at Cap City years ago and he always ran a tight but relaxed and friendly ship. Although I have not seen him in some time Fish Market was fortunate to have him. Thank you for continuing the outstanding work that Mr. Mitchell started, I was concerned when the change of hands occurred but as above life is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallop1Dined on 8/9/2014Been to the Columbus Fish Market many times. The scallops and blackened tuna are outstanding, as well as the salads and side dishes, especially the mashed potatoes. The Carrot Cake was delicious, but take note the serving is huge - could serve six people easily. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New ComersNewComersDined on 8/8/2014We have moved to Columbus from South Caroline and were looking for our kind of good seafood. The Columbus Fish Market has great seafood. We are asking everybody we meet, "Were is a good place to eat?". I am glad someone at my wife work told her to try Columbus Fish Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food a the Fish MarketMaddieDined on 8/8/2014We come to the Fish Market usually for special occasions. The food is always fresh and the portions are generous. The carrot cake is a mile high! Never seen anything like it. Delicious!Special Features: