Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
1245 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.columbusfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 6142913474
- Hours of Operation:
The Columbus Fish Market is open Monday through Friday for lunch and daily for dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood! Lunch is served Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Tincher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Columbus Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Steven Kulas, General Manager 6142913474
A word from Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at The Columbus Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water! At the Columbus Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that all fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef-driven menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Hoisin Glazed Yellowfin Tuna. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at The Columbus Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! Visit our menus online at www.columbusfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview reviews from OpenTable diners
266 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)good for groups (77)fit for foodies (76)romantic (69)great for lunch (49)neighborhood gem (45)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (19)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (12)hot spot (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- One of our favsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014It is pretty much the first choice for a special dinner with my wife, such as anniversary. Food is always top notch and service is outstanding. We always walk away happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnersariDined on 8/30/2014food was great, place was crowded and everyone had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulBoyWonderDined on 8/29/2014Honestly, I'm so unbelievably disappointed. My girlfriend and I were out celebrating a special occasion, and this could not have been a bigger let down. With the exception of our waitress, who was wonderful...everything else about this experience was just terrible. To say the food was subpar is an understatement. I ordered the Mahi Mahi, only to find that it was completely undercooked, and in fact raw when it was brought out to the table. I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence...but for a restaurant to be so highly recommended, and produce such low quality is appalling. I promise you, unless things change, I will not be back.Special Features:
- BasicJBofDCVIPDined on 8/28/2014This place was nothing special in any way other than the fresh selection of seafood.
- A birthday eveningFishLoverDined on 8/23/2014My family and I brought my 13 yr old daughter here for her birthday and they treated her like royalty. Without even asking, they brought her dessert, a signed card from the staff and a beautiful red rose. The dishes are delectable, and the atmosphere is appropriate whether you show up in your finest, or played down in your business casual.Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious an prepared very well. Our favorites were the shrimp and atlantic salmon entrees. We liked the many choices of preparation for each of the entrees. The service was excellent and friendly, and the manager seemed to converse at every table. We were celebrating two milestone birthdays, so they made the experience very special for us. We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great food, Service, Special eventHappymom1Dined on 8/22/2014We celebrated our daughter's 20th birthday. The personalized menu was a nice surprize, our food was delicious, the waitress was outstanding, and the complimentary desert, single rose, and card made our daughter's special day memorable. We would deffinately come back! Everyone was very friendly!!Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I have to the restaurant at least 4 times in the past 4 years and I have always had an extraordianry time. This was my first time on a weekend and I felt that the food was not as good, and the restaurant was too loud for me to hear my companions. I know that if I would have told them I did not like my food they would have gladly replaced it but I just was not that hungry anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodFrequentDinerDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant came highly recommended and we will now do the same. Great seafood and steak and overall dinner. Would recommend the seafood typically, but there was a combo and the steak that two in the party had was excellent as well. Very enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- Great FoodAK15Dined on 8/22/2014Super atmosphere and great service. Food was incredible. Will be back next time I'm in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday made special!WLZPADined on 8/19/2014My wife and I took my mother-in-law for her 76th birthday. I briefly mentioned it was her birthday in my reservation. We were WOW'd by the extras they did. The top of the menus for our table had "Happy 76th Birthday!" on the menu (not hand written). Later, the server gave her a free desert and then someone came and presented her a red rose. It was so special and all unexpected. And, the food was worthy of such a fine evening. The presentation was incredible and the taste was outstanding. We will definitely remember this place as one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteseatoutoftenDined on 8/19/2014Open Table was an easy and quick way to make our reservations. The two-lobster tails special was a hit although out of our four guests, I decided to have one of the other special that included tenderloin on skewer and one lobster tail. Our service and food was excellent and also was one of the summer exotic special cocktails -- a type of mimosa. Will remain one of our favorite dining places.Special Features:
- Great restaurant.CbusYumDined on 8/18/2014This was my first time at Columbus Fish Market and I loved it. My meal was delicious and the service was great. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still pretty goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2014This is a good restaurant, but I think it's slipped a little over the past few years. The food was good, but when I asked to add a side of asparagus to my plate, I got 4 spears. I didnt look to see what the exrta charge was for that, guessing I probably didnt want to know. The service was good, but not excellent. I can still recommend it but if you haven't been there in awhile you may notice some slight changes.Special Features:
- OutstandingJazzyjazz18Dined on 8/17/2014Thank you so much for making my event special.. Last time we dinned it was 2 years ago... Last time my father was aliveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded our expectationsSpecialdineDined on 8/16/2014Our son & daughter in law were celebrating their 20th wedding Anniv & we were celebrating our 52nd. The Columbus fish market made us feel special with the desserts. The ladies especially liked the roses The food was good, although the smashed potatoes were not hot When called to their attention, hot potatoes were quickly brought out Wine selection was good & the Savaignon Blanc we had was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSeafoodLoveDined on 8/16/2014We arrived early for our reservation and was accommodated immediately. The appetizer Spicy Crunchy Shrimp is highly recommended. the overall atmosphere for our dinner that evening was relaxing and allowed for a nice conversation without yelling over top of other people. Dinner was served and was enjoyed with a great cup of coffee and a piece of shark fin pie afterwards to finish off the evening. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014The food was great. However, for a fine dinning restaurant, the service was not I would expect. Our waitress was polite, but she never followed up with us once our food arrived except to drop off the bill.
- Christine YardleySicilianKissDined on 8/15/2014Food was very good. No wait for seating. Our waiter Trent was very attentive and did an outstanding job. This was our first dining experience there and we would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Term ExcellanceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014My wife and I have been a fan of Fish Market before the transition and continue to enjoy the great food as well as the excellent service. I met the GM Keith at Cap City years ago and he always ran a tight but relaxed and friendly ship. Although I have not seen him in some time Fish Market was fortunate to have him. Thank you for continuing the outstanding work that Mr. Mitchell started, I was concerned when the change of hands occurred but as above life is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- scallop1Dined on 8/9/2014Been to the Columbus Fish Market many times. The scallops and blackened tuna are outstanding, as well as the salads and side dishes, especially the mashed potatoes. The Carrot Cake was delicious, but take note the serving is huge - could serve six people easily. A very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New ComersNewComersDined on 8/8/2014We have moved to Columbus from South Caroline and were looking for our kind of good seafood. The Columbus Fish Market has great seafood. We are asking everybody we meet, "Were is a good place to eat?". I am glad someone at my wife work told her to try Columbus Fish Market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food a the Fish MarketMaddieDined on 8/8/2014We come to the Fish Market usually for special occasions. The food is always fresh and the portions are generous. The carrot cake is a mile high! Never seen anything like it. Delicious!Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.MmmmHmmmDined on 8/8/2014Our server was new on the job, but was very helpful and friendly. He provided us a with a very good first experience at the Fish Market and was very accommodating, allowing us to take our time ordering from a new menu. He also provided us with good recommendations for food and beverages. The Cameron Mitchell restaurants will continue to have us as loyal customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Group Celebrations!AFoodieAtHeartDined on 8/8/2014We had a birthday celebration for a colleague and The Columbus Fish Market gave 5 star service. The lunch menu was great and reasonable for everyone and the food and service was fabulous. The manager even gave the birthday girl a rose (talk about great customer service). We thank you for putting out the red carpet treatment for us.Special Features:
- Great food.rlmillergolfDined on 8/6/2014Fish is very good but the last two times we have gone they have run out of the fish they say they have on the menu. Two people at our table order Snapper and after about ten minutes the sever came back and said we are out of snapper and had to order something else. Food is wonderful but always have a backup because they seem to run out of things on their menu.
- Unhappy...TravelerDined on 8/6/2014Although the service and cocktails were OK, the food tasted like something frozen from Sysco. The appetizer tasted like they used plastic crab, the soup was just so-so and their sea food was dry and bland. I would not recommend Columbus Fish Market to anyone! Further, if this lack of quality is indicative of Mitchell's chain, I would absolutely think twice about going to any of their restaurants.
- Birthday YumlhlikesfoodDined on 8/3/2014I love this place! Came last year for my birthday too. Everything is fresh, fresh, fresh and the prices are very good for what you get!Special Features:
- Amazing ExperiencePartyOfSixAtSixDined on 8/3/2014We decided to have a special evening out with friends and family and we were not disappointed with The Columbus Fish Market. The food and service was amazing from beginning to end. We will choose this destination again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm food/Cold waitressneveragain83Dined on 8/3/2014We were celebrating a birthday at the restaurant. Experienced a rude waitress along with poorly prepared meals. We ordered (4) meals of lobster tails/beef tenderloins. We were told the tenderloins were served rare, medium or well. Actually, they were served all three ways on one skewer. Unhappy and disappointed with the food preparation. The waitress, who was curt all evening, was somewhat cordial to our table when she dropped off the bill. Really?Special Features:
- Seafood aficionado1sttimerDined on 8/3/2014Took advantage of loyal customer promotion for 2 lobster tails for $19.99 and CFM did not disappoint! Server was knowledgeable about menu, offered suggestions, and was attentive. A pleasant and enjoyable dining experience ; )Special Features:
- OK, But Increasingly DisappointingFrequentDinerDined on 8/2/2014Service and atmosphere always very good. But after having eaten here for years, for some reason it seems that the food has become less original and compelling for a finer dining establishment (perhaps more corporate-like and cutting a few corners), the prices a bit more expensive, and several long-time, seemingly basic items (e.g. baked potato, peel and eat shrimp) no longer on the menu. Certainly an ok choice, but increasingly disappointing compared to many past visits and considering the many other restaurant choices available.
- Uncle's BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014We had dinner here for my Uncle's 78th birthday because he wanted surf and turf. well there was some hiccups in the food delivery but the manager fixed that and we had a great experience.Special Features:
- Knowledgeable Attentive StaffAnonReviewerDined on 8/1/2014The fish was perfectly prepared, and one reason that is true is that our server suggested which of the choices we should make for the kind of fish we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding Anniversary!DeanDined on 8/1/2014The staff helped with my request of having wine waiting at the table when my wife and I sat down, she was pleasantly surprised.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Market Continues to ExcelCJWFoodieVIPDined on 7/30/2014My wife and I took friends from out of town to the Fish Market for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed our meals. I requested a shrimp salad which I remembered fondly that used to be on the menu. The chef actually recreated the dish much to both our friends and my pleasure.Special Features:
- Best seafood in ColunbusChrisDined on 7/27/2014Lobster tails perfetly cooked and spiced. Not overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYtoOHDined on 7/26/2014We dined on the restaurant week special menu which was fabulous!! The spicy shrimp appetizer was a huge hit. I'm very particular about my martini preparation...and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful all aroundLoveSeafoodDined on 7/25/2014Great service from the moment you walk through the door! Waiter was very nice & prompt. Food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome seafood!SeafoodnutDined on 7/18/2014This was are first time dining at the Columbus Fish Market and will not be are last. Steak,oysters,lobster tail, and clam chowder were outstanding. Will be returning soon!! It's that good and prices are very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.