Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
1245 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.columbusfishmarket.com/
- Phone: 6142913474
- Hours of Operation:
The Columbus Fish Market is open Monday through Friday for lunch and daily for dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood! Lunch is served Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Tincher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Columbus Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Steven Kulas, General Manager 6142913474
A word from Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at The Columbus Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water! At the Columbus Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that all fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef-driven menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Hoisin Glazed Yellowfin Tuna. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at The Columbus Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! Visit our menus online at www.columbusfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)good for groups (77)fit for foodies (61)romantic (60)great for lunch (36)neighborhood gem (34)notable wine list (27)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)great for brunch (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Most of the meals were really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Since Cameron Mitchell sold this restaurant, not all of the changes have been for the best. Five of seven people at our table were happy with their meals, the other two didn't want to create a problem but they ordered the least amount of food. The once really good Caesar is now some sweet garlicky mess that one of the diners later confided to me on the way home brought to mind Miracle Whip. Our server (wish I could remember his name) was super polite and correct. We will of course dine there again, it's our 90-year-old grandpa's favorite restaurant. But when he's not along, we'll be trying something new.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyDined on 10/18/2014The food was as not as good as I remembered. They need more small plates and dishes with fresh vegetables. The service was just fair. He was not too friendly and only moderately attentive.Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Very good service and romantic setting. My only complaint would be I wish my crabs cakes were a little more crispy versus soft. However I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Our party of 4 had a wonderful dinner on our first visit to Columbus Fish Market. We ordered from the seasonal menu and all had perfectly prepared entrees. The seafood gumbo choice that came with my dinner was an unusual dark roux gumbo with a surprising creaminess that I very much enjoyed. The gumbo was not very chunky, but it made up for it with the wealth of flavors and texture. The creme brulee was very well priced and a wonderful way to top off the dinner. The next table to us ordered a piece of carrot cake that was enough for their entire table, it looked wonderful. Great place and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Choices abound at this beautiful unpretentious, inviting restaurant. With a price point that can be found for every type of diner the Fish Market offers a fine experience for your special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Pleasant SurpriseWant2gobackDined on 10/16/2014Good ambiance, great decor and lighting. Very pleased with the personalized service my wife and I received. Food was positively excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great ServiceAK15Dined on 10/7/2014Really enjoy the Columbus Fish Market. 2nd time to this location - food was amazing, service was fantastic. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2014I've been to this restaurant (at this location and others) several times and tried various items on the menu, and have never had a bad experience. I do miss the crab cake melt though!Special Features:
- Would be better with RedlobsterTollivertheCriticDined on 10/5/2014This would be the second fish market i have been to that has been very unimpressive. The waitress would of been better off at a drive through window but i still dont think that is even fair to fast food. She didnt fill our glasses once or even ask. She never once asked how our food was, which was not that good. We sent back a salad twice because they cant get it right, it wasnt eaten because it was brought out with dinner the second time. The calamari is thicker now and hard to chew. so i wouldnt suggest going and save your money for something else.
- Anniversary Dinnerbishop1090Dined on 10/4/2014My fiancé and I hadn't been here in a while so I made reservations. Although the food was really good the service was quite poor. As a group they seemed very disorganized. For example, as part of our meal we ordered a half dozen oysters and a Caesar salad and the waitress brought out a dozen oysters and no Caesar salad. The only reason I would still recommend this place to others is that the food was still awesome. Hats off to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rascalman1Dined on 10/3/2014The service was excellent. The waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful. The service was great. It was my wife's 60th birthday and they brought her a long stem rose.(class,real class) You got some big points for that one along with a candle on her dersert . I can't say enough about the food except Great. You made a special evening even more special. Thank you and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a good choiceCFishMarketDined on 10/2/2014Love the staff and the menu. Always fresh and top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family night outGoCharlieDined on 9/30/2014Wife and grown daughter (in town for a while and celebratory event ) so we chose Cameron Mitchell's Columbus Fish Market for dinner. No delay, great food. New hire as waitress, but no disasters. This is but one in a long string of successful 'events' at CFM for us.Special Features:
- DeliciousAngelDined on 9/28/2014My mother never finishes a meal. She normally likes to have left over. But not this time. She polished her Parmesan Crusted Chicken. Autumn Harvest Feast with scallops, shrimp, delicious vegetables & crab cake. Try their bacon bbq shrimp. Their calamari is distinctive & not imitation. Dessert of Vanilla bean creme Brule was worth the wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special MomentskrkelaDined on 9/27/2014Overwhelmed and had a fabulous time with family anhd friend by far exceeded all my expectations. Service was great! I truly enjoyed my card and rose. Everyone including myself love the ideal of my name being on a menu. Truly a night too remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- portions have been slashedJosephDined on 9/27/2014I ordered one of my favorite pasta dishes and was disappointed to find that they have really skimped on their portions. I paid 24 dollars for the Frutte de Marre pasta dish and I received pasta with three pieces of shrimp, a scallop divided in fourths, and about 7-8 muscles the size of a pistachios. The side salad was literally tasteless (caesar salad). On a good note the crab dip was excellent. My wife and I had our first date here years ago and have been going every year since. Unfortunately I do not think we will be returning. $100 dollar bill for a great appetizer, some sub par pasta, decent crab cakes, and tasteless salads.
- Excellent ServiceThaddeusDined on 9/26/2014We arrived 45 minutes early and without any questuion took us to a table right away, no waiting.Special Features:
- Here We Go AgainPhilWDined on 9/26/2014Is there a chef in this town who is able and willing to cook fish to the order of the customer? If there is, I haven't discovered his domain yet. They seem to have the idea that anyone who orders fish well-done is a cretin who needs to be saved from themselves. Forget that this cretin is paying the bills!! How hard is it to take a tiny piece of cod and cook it all the way thru? Must be pretty hard because I ordered it "well-done" and made sure the waitress knew what I was talking about and here it comes, warm on the outside and just barely translucent on the inside. What should be a flaky fish when properly cooked, turned out to almost need a knife to cut.Special Features:
- OK, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Generally, everything about the eating experience was good. The only issue was that the cedar plank prepared fish was lukewarm, almost room temperature when served. It would have been so much more tasty if it had been broiler or grill hot. To the credit of the management, they offered a free desert to make up for that mistake.Special Features:
- Great Food, Good PriceStudentAndReviewerDined on 9/23/2014I took my girlfriend on a date here and we both really liked the food. The calamari was great, and I got the special that gave me clam chowder and lobster Alfredo for $20. I visit the east coast regularly and eat seafood there so I'm normally disappointed when I have seafood here in Ohio, but this place was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Have loved in the past but had horrible service throughout and poor seating though gave them several days notice of our party. The chefs were friendly and helpful but some food was not cooked well - probably not the fish chefs.
- Always perfectionColumbusFoodChickVIPDined on 9/20/2014The service, food, and atmosphere all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/20/2014Always a good choice. Took my elderly parents and they didn't appreciate the darkness and the loudness. Not being their age, I've never noticed, but it's something to think about.Special Features:
- 14th and 75th B-Day Party2BdayPartyDined on 9/19/2014The service and food couldn't have been better! We had a duel B-Day party and it was wonderful. Great touch on the red roses, it made these girls nights!Special Features:
- Great Place!KristieBDined on 9/17/2014A group of 8 of us went there for dinner following a funeral viewing on a Wednesday night. We all ordered entrees, three of which were steaks. My filet came out burnt on one side with serious grill marks in it and it didn't taste very good. The server immediately took my plate back to the kitchen and had them make a new one with new warm sides. The manager was also quick to respond and came by to make sure the new steak was cooked accordingly. New steak was cooked exactly how I wanted it. When we asked for our check they had taken my meal off. They didn't need to do that, we were planning to pay for the meal, but it was a very nice gesture. Customer service like that is what makes a great business and keeps people coming back!Special Features:
- Scooby10Dined on 9/17/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was excellent, the service was superb. Atmosphere was great. Excellent all the way around.Special Features:
- kazzyVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great experience consistently over the years. My favorite lunch spot.Special Features:
- Always a great timeBManDined on 9/13/2014Continue to rate the Fish Market as one of the best restaurants in Columbus. Even their non-seafood options impress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- averageJeanDined on 9/12/2014There were 6 of us dining. Took 20 minutes to get drinks ordered and another 10 - 15 to get them delivered. The food however was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid - as alwaysTrollsDadVIPDined on 9/12/2014This is truly one of Columbus' best location for seafood. Anything with the Mitchell name is like a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. Very high standards and consistent. I asked for a special off-menu prep and they accommodated and it was outstanding!Special Features:
- One of our favsMrCinGCDined on 8/31/2014It is pretty much the first choice for a special dinner with my wife, such as anniversary. Food is always top notch and service is outstanding. We always walk away happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnersariDined on 8/30/2014food was great, place was crowded and everyone had a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulBoyWonderDined on 8/29/2014Honestly, I'm so unbelievably disappointed. My girlfriend and I were out celebrating a special occasion, and this could not have been a bigger let down. With the exception of our waitress, who was wonderful...everything else about this experience was just terrible. To say the food was subpar is an understatement. I ordered the Mahi Mahi, only to find that it was completely undercooked, and in fact raw when it was brought out to the table. I'm not sure if this is a common occurrence...but for a restaurant to be so highly recommended, and produce such low quality is appalling. I promise you, unless things change, I will not be back.Special Features:
- BasicJBofDCVIPDined on 8/28/2014This place was nothing special in any way other than the fresh selection of seafood.
- A birthday eveningFishLoverDined on 8/23/2014My family and I brought my 13 yr old daughter here for her birthday and they treated her like royalty. Without even asking, they brought her dessert, a signed card from the staff and a beautiful red rose. The dishes are delectable, and the atmosphere is appropriate whether you show up in your finest, or played down in your business casual.Special Features:
- excellent food and servicefamilydinerDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious an prepared very well. Our favorites were the shrimp and atlantic salmon entrees. We liked the many choices of preparation for each of the entrees. The service was excellent and friendly, and the manager seemed to converse at every table. We were celebrating two milestone birthdays, so they made the experience very special for us. We would definitely recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- Great food, Service, Special eventHappymom1Dined on 8/22/2014We celebrated our daughter's 20th birthday. The personalized menu was a nice surprize, our food was delicious, the waitress was outstanding, and the complimentary desert, single rose, and card made our daughter's special day memorable. We would deffinately come back! Everyone was very friendly!!Special Features:
- A little disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014I have to the restaurant at least 4 times in the past 4 years and I have always had an extraordianry time. This was my first time on a weekend and I felt that the food was not as good, and the restaurant was too loud for me to hear my companions. I know that if I would have told them I did not like my food they would have gladly replaced it but I just was not that hungry anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodFrequentDinerDined on 8/22/2014Restaurant came highly recommended and we will now do the same. Great seafood and steak and overall dinner. Would recommend the seafood typically, but there was a combo and the steak that two in the party had was excellent as well. Very enjoyable dinner!Special Features:
- Great FoodAK15Dined on 8/22/2014Super atmosphere and great service. Food was incredible. Will be back next time I'm in Columbus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.