Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
1245 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, OH 43212Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.columbusfishmarket.com/
- Phone: (614) 291-3474
- Hours of Operation:
The Columbus Fish Market is open Monday through Friday for lunch and daily for dinner. Our menu is printed twice daily to reflect our obsession with fresh seafood! Lunch is served Monday through Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Sunday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Dinner is served Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m., and Sunday from 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Jeffery Tincher
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Columbus Fish Market private rooms are available for any occasion! Work one-on-one with your Private Event Manager to create a truly customized affair. Then allow us to bring your event to life, so on the day of the event you’ll be able to relax with your guests, knowing we’ve given every detail the same attention we give our signature seafood. To host your event in one of our private dining rooms, contact us today!
- Private Party Contact: Steven Kulas, General Manager 6142913474
A word from Columbus Fish Market - Grandview
We invite you to discover our fresh seafood obsession at The Columbus Fish Market where the fish is off the boat fresh, the drinks are made with fresh-squeezed juice & the atmosphere is as warm and inviting as a day on the water! At the Columbus Fish Market we are obsessed with fresh seafood. Our mantra is a commitment & passion for freshness as a way of life - a pledge that all fish is 100% fresh or it isn't good enough. With more than 80 items, the chef-driven menu includes items such as Cedar Roasted Atlantic Salmon & Hoisin Glazed Yellowfin Tuna. Come experience what an obsession with freshness tastes like at The Columbus Fish Market...fish any fresher would still be in the ocean! Visit our menus online at www.columbusfishmarket.com!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview - Best Restaurants in Grandview Heights ›
Columbus Fish Market - Grandview reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (126)good for groups (80)fit for foodies (65)romantic (59)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (35)notable wine list (25)kid-friendly (15)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Going downhillBuckeyeJDined on 11/18/2014I have been going to the Fish Market since it opened. Slowly it is going downhill which I hate to see. Their menu has become the same old same old. Drinks and food are still good but nothing special! Service is still a notch above. I will continue to go but not as often and it is no longer my go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet spot for dinnerjumuVIPDined on 11/17/2014Columbus Fish Market is one of the few spots where one can have dinner and a conversation. I hear they are thinking of remodeling the space; I sincerely hope they don't turn it into one of those loud, deafening spaces that have become so common todayI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance and Delicious FoodFishDined on 11/15/2014The Columbus Fish Market is a great place for an outing. The lighting is dim and romantic but the atmosphere allows for the company of friends and family as well. We had a reservation so we did not wait to be seated. They have a decent selection of beer and an even better selection of wine. Their liquor selection is fairly sizeable as well. The menu offers numerous choices for seafood items as well as a few chicken and beef options. They also offer a seasonal menu for a limited time. It appears their menu changes frequently as the menus are printed daily. The service was friendly and on point. Our server was a perfect attendant as we did not see our drinks empty or keep unnecessary plates on our table. The entire staff was kind and courteous. I would definitely recommend this restaurant with the reservation only that it is more expensive. The food, however, was delectable and well worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish dailyChrisDined on 11/15/2014We enjoyed the fresh fish delivered daily. Its a bonus when you can view the fish prior to making a choice and having so many types to choose.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Good service, nice ambiance. The crab cakes were delicious, my friend enjoyed his mahi tuna appetizer. The house salad was great, the mashed potatoes delicious and the string beans very good. I had the stuffed cod with lobster/shrimp and thought it was just okay. Not bad, but it didn't have a lot of flavor and I probably wouldn't order it again. The carrot cake was also very good, and I munched on it for days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great review.good4meDined on 11/9/2014My friends and I found the food great, the service friendly/quick and helpful. I have been there several times, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally enjoyableMaryDined on 11/8/2014Came for a Birthday celebration with a friend. The food was delicious, and the waiter was very attentive. The Crab dip was outstanding. Loved that I got a free dessert for my Birthday!Special Features:
- Not a good night.KimberDined on 11/8/2014Four at our table and they brought three dinners. Needless to say 3 were cold. Send them back, not that much of a risk taker. No offer from the servers.
- Last Supper...emyers23Dined on 11/8/2014I am over nine months pregnant and my husband and I wanted to have a last dinner before the baby arrives. We chose the Fish Market because it has great food and service. It did not disappoint. Our food and service was amazing and I am glad that we picked the Fish Market to have our last meal at. We will definitely be back when we have a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceColumbusGuyDined on 11/7/2014We arrived on Friday evening to a busy restaurant. Reservations were made and we were seated approximately 15 minutes after our reservation time. Our server was spot on. Very polite, and paid the the right amount of attention to our table. The only down side of our meal with the arrival of our entrees just after our salads were delivered, causing the food to chill before we could eat it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- First experiencetablehopperDined on 11/4/2014We had a delightful first experience at Columbus Fish Market. Food all delicious and hot. We were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Expecting brunchHattieVIPDined on 11/2/2014We thought we would be offered a brunch menu on a Sunday at 12:30, but none was available. Our lunch choices of the cod sandwich and seafood Cobb salad were great choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food, adequate serviceUnkleFunkleDined on 11/1/2014We came in on a Saturday night with a reservation and we were seated immediately. It was relatively slow, but Ohio State played at 8:00 that night. Our server took about 10 minutes to get to us. He brought us waters and then we waited another 10 minutes to order. The food and drinks were brought promptly and were delicious! We will definitely come back as the food and drinks were masterfully prepared, but will hope for slightly better service next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much improvedonceafanDined on 10/31/2014Our previous visit was almost our last: waited an hour for food, and it did not seem to be up to usual standards when it did arrive. This visit was much better--normal, attentive service; normal wait for food. My wife and I will not have roasted vegetables again; that label to us did not signal charred, which we do not like. Overall, happy to see the restaurant bounce back. The seafood was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a solid choicebovinedevineVIPDined on 10/29/2014Simple and easy...the food is great, the service is ideal and the environment just works.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Market - GrandviewMarty648Dined on 10/28/2014One of our favorite places to dine out - especially for special occasions. The latest visit was a celebration of our anniversary. In addition to great food, we were given a free dessert (which we shared), and my wife was given a rose. It topped the evening off nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceLoubirdDined on 10/27/2014Fish Market is a standard favorite. The food is consistent, reliable, and good quality. The scallops on the trio were incredible and full of unique flavor. We also loved the roasted vegetables and they were very well prepared. Our waiter was fabulous. Very accommodating without being overbearing. He was very present and yet he left us alone to eat our meal. We loved him-one of the best servers we have had in a very long time. We eat out 3-4 times a week for dinner and 4-5 for lunch. Service is the deciding factor when we are making a decision whether to make a return visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014Hugely disappointing. The soups tasted like they were from a can. The plate was rewarmed but the food was still not hot, the sauce had that just-been-microwaved look, and overall it just didn't taste very good. This restaurant was highly recommended to us by former natives but there is no way that we would return.
- Hit or missOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014This was a return visit due to a very good dining experience earlier in 2014. This last visit was a little disappointing. We were greeted promptly and seated quickly, however, we didn't see much of our server except for taking our order. Perhaps he had too large of a territory to cover? The food was ok. This time I felt the ambiance was crowded and loud, kind of how one would expect to feel in a sports bar on game day. First visit was a hit- this visit a miss.
- Superb RestauranttwittywDined on 10/25/2014Columbus Fish Market is one of my wife and I favorite place to dine and enjoy our "date night"! The food is always fresh and delicious! Columbus Fish Market is highly recommended!Special Features:
- DisappointingBuckeye0420Dined on 10/24/2014Columbus Fish Market in Grandview has been one of my favorite restaurants for quite a long time, but my most recent visit was totally disappointing. The booth in which we sat was too small & people on both sides of the table were cramped and uncomfortable. We were greeted promptly and were able to order and receive a beverage within a resaonable amount of time. When the food arrived, it had obviously been sitting for a while because it was tepid at best. The server, although cordial & knowledgable, neglected to come back at all to see if we would care for another beverage or needed anything else until it was time to bring the check. All in all, this visit was mediocre at best & not at all what I have come to expect from this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good SeafoodPhilDined on 10/23/2014This is a very good restaurant. However, it is best suitable for special occasions because it is expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uneventfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014The food was "OK", nothing special. Considering the price, I would not dine here again.
- Great restaurantcbjguyDined on 10/22/2014Fish Market is our favorite restaurant in Columbus. Great food, service and atmosphere!Special Features:
- Went to Crosswoods by accidentJayneVIPDined on 10/19/2014Crosswoods was great. Asked them to notify Grandview that we were at Crosswoods.
- FishloverDined on 10/19/2014New menu with great selections. Our server was was Trent and he was very accommodating to our requests and we appreciated that since we had a child with special needs.Special Features:
- Most of the meals were really goodDadmanDined on 10/18/2014Since Cameron Mitchell sold this restaurant, not all of the changes have been for the best. Five of seven people at our table were happy with their meals, the other two didn't want to create a problem but they ordered the least amount of food. The once really good Caesar is now some sweet garlicky mess that one of the diners later confided to me on the way home brought to mind Miracle Whip. Our server (wish I could remember his name) was super polite and correct. We will of course dine there again, it's our 90-year-old grandpa's favorite restaurant. But when he's not along, we'll be trying something new.I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyDined on 10/18/2014The food was as not as good as I remembered. They need more small plates and dishes with fresh vegetables. The service was just fair. He was not too friendly and only moderately attentive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014We had a great time, delicious food, wonderful service. We celebrated our 37th anniversary and the restaurant helped us too! Michael, our server, was so prompt and courteous! Leslie was welcoming and brought us a card signed by all the staff and a yellow, long stemmed rose as well as a luscious dessert!Special Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Very good service and romantic setting. My only complaint would be I wish my crabs cakes were a little more crispy versus soft. However I would definitely dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best seafood!love2martinisDined on 10/18/2014Always great and very consistent seafood, especially for Columbus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High quality seafoodCasualcoupleDined on 10/18/2014Our party of 4 had a wonderful dinner on our first visit to Columbus Fish Market. We ordered from the seasonal menu and all had perfectly prepared entrees. The seafood gumbo choice that came with my dinner was an unusual dark roux gumbo with a surprising creaminess that I very much enjoyed. The gumbo was not very chunky, but it made up for it with the wealth of flavors and texture. The creme brulee was very well priced and a wonderful way to top off the dinner. The next table to us ordered a piece of carrot cake that was enough for their entire table, it looked wonderful. Great place and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Choices abound at this beautiful unpretentious, inviting restaurant. With a price point that can be found for every type of diner the Fish Market offers a fine experience for your special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maybe they had a bad nightlapisDined on 10/17/2014We have always thought that the Fish Market restaurants served great fish, so we brought a couple of out of town friends here for a special dinner on a Friday night. We went away disappointed. The server brought the wrong drink to one of us. The calamari appetizer came out way later than the crabcake, just before our main course arrived. I will admit the calamari was delicious. Our dinners were OK but not great. The mixed veggies looked very unappealing on the plate and they tasted bland. My cobia tasted a bit old. We had expected a brilliant experience but had mediocrity instead. We will not be back. I think Bonefish offers a better dining experience and better trained servers.
- Very Pleasant SurpriseWant2gobackDined on 10/16/2014Good ambiance, great decor and lighting. Very pleased with the personalized service my wife and I received. Food was positively excellent !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food - Great ServiceAK15VIPDined on 10/7/2014Really enjoy the Columbus Fish Market. 2nd time to this location - food was amazing, service was fantastic. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/6/2014I've been to this restaurant (at this location and others) several times and tried various items on the menu, and have never had a bad experience. I do miss the crab cake melt though!Special Features:
- Would be better with RedlobsterTollivertheCriticDined on 10/5/2014This would be the second fish market i have been to that has been very unimpressive. The waitress would of been better off at a drive through window but i still dont think that is even fair to fast food. She didnt fill our glasses once or even ask. She never once asked how our food was, which was not that good. We sent back a salad twice because they cant get it right, it wasnt eaten because it was brought out with dinner the second time. The calamari is thicker now and hard to chew. so i wouldnt suggest going and save your money for something else.
- Anniversary Dinnerbishop1090Dined on 10/4/2014My fiancé and I hadn't been here in a while so I made reservations. Although the food was really good the service was quite poor. As a group they seemed very disorganized. For example, as part of our meal we ordered a half dozen oysters and a Caesar salad and the waitress brought out a dozen oysters and no Caesar salad. The only reason I would still recommend this place to others is that the food was still awesome. Hats off to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rascalman1Dined on 10/3/2014The service was excellent. The waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful. The service was great. It was my wife's 60th birthday and they brought her a long stem rose.(class,real class) You got some big points for that one along with a candle on her dersert . I can't say enough about the food except Great. You made a special evening even more special. Thank you and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.