Columbia Restaurant - St. Petersburg
NE 800 2nd Ave
St. Petersburg, FL 33701Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - St. Petersburg
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7278228000
- Hours of Operation:
Open 365-days a year, including all holidays, for lunch and dinner daily. Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: David Miller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-300 we offer waterfront dining areas to host your banquet, rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, party, or group event. We also offer space for meetings. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our floor to ceiling windows with panoramic 360° waterfront views of sailboats drifting by and dolphins playing in Tampa Bay will enhance any gathering. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are decorated with imported Spanish hand-painted tiles and colorful Spanish artwork specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Didier Doumeng 7278228000
- Entertainment: For baseball fans, Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays is conveniently located 5 miles from the Pier. Close to The Pier are the St. Petersburg Museum of History, the Museum of Fine Arts, Florida International Museum & the world-renowned Salvador Dali Museum. Browse the collection of 16 specialty stores at The Pier. Visit the Pier Aquarium and explore a variety of marine environments from Tampa Bay to the Caribbean and Pacific coral reefs. Take a spin on the Dolphin Queen sightseeing boat tour & look for dolphins, manatees & several species of birds
- Special Events: Open 365-days a year, including all holidays for lunch and dinner daily.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - St. Petersburg
Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar & Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Enjoy your meal while surrounded by floor to ceiling windows with panoramic 360° 4th floor waterfront view of sailboats drifting by & dolphins playing in Tampa Bay. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidaysContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Columbia Restaurant - St. Petersburg reviews from OpenTable diners
- Columbia Restaurant - St PetersburgOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013We enjoyed our meal at The Columbia. It was especially nice as this was the last night this particular restaurant would be open at this location. The St Petersburg Pier was closing in order to be torn down and rebuilt. This was not our first time having dinner at this restaurant and every time we went, we always had great service, great food, and a great view. It will be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closing SoonWoodyDined on 5/26/2013Unfortunately, this restaurant is closing as the St Petersburg Pier is being revamped. Try other Columbia restaurants in the Tampa Bay area. All are great.Special Features:
- The food was very good & thechocoholicDined on 5/26/2013The food was very good & the service was top notch. However, this location is on the St. Petersburg Pier & will be closing May 31, 2013.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stunning. The old buildingRikMDined on 5/26/2013Stunning. The old building will be missed. Patiently await the new one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful as always! So sorryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/23/2013Wonderful as always! So sorry it closes on Friday. Good bye old friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service and food wereCharRonDined on 5/23/2013The service and food were the best we have had in a very long time. The Columbia remembers how to do it. It will be missed very much in St Pete.Special Features:
- Columbia Resturant will be missedpetplaceDined on 5/23/2013This gem of a restaurant is on the 4th floor of the famous St.Petersburg Pier in Florida. The Pier and all of it's restaurant's & shops are slated to be closed and demolished starting May 31St, 2013. It is a terrible shame and will be greatly missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I went to the Columbia oniatethereDined on 5/21/2013I went to the Columbia on the Pier and it was getting ready to close. It was beautiful and very nice.Special Features:
- Sad to see it closeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/19/2013As always, great place to dine. Wonderful service and food. We will miss the Columbia when the Pier closes. The view is unbelievable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We're going to miss it!!GinnyDined on 5/16/2013I hope there will be a new Columbia at the next generation Pier. However, I don't think it can top the current view!!Special Features:
- Sad to see it go...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013We will be sad to see The Pier go along with Columbia Restaurant. We love the view everytime we come to eat there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013My mother (91 years old) were here for Mother's Day and it was perfect. She really enjoyed it (as I did). I love this restaurant. The food is fabulous and the setting is breath taking. I am so sorry that this venue is going to be destroyed. I will miss taking friends and relatives to this fabulous dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Great experienceDee74Dined on 5/11/2013Another great experience and sad to see it will be closing down because of the pier renovation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last chance to dine.Jude123Dined on 5/10/2013This restaurant will close at the end of the month when they close the pier. We will miss the great food and stunning views. Can't wait til the new one gets built.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, specialty saladOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/5/2013As usual, specialty salad was great. Entrees were only so-so.Special Features:
- I have been to the ColumbiaLandShark0515Dined on 5/4/2013I have been to the Columbia Restaurant many times in St. Augustine and in Clearwater. The food, service, and view at the St. Petersburg location is nothing short of incredible. It has a wonderful view of the bay from no matter where you sit. It will a shame when it closes while the pier is being redone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too bad it's closingstpetedinerDined on 5/1/2013My husband and I dinned there for our anniversary, great view, great service, felt special without feeling pretentious. Their salad is one of the best of any restaurant. The lobster pasta had a lot of lobster, the sauce creamy-a bit rich but was expected due to the sherry cream. Steak tips was OK, would probably try another dish next time. Walked the bar after dinner, great view of downtown. Loved the whole experience. Excited to see the new one when the new pier is built.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The view was incredible. FoodEddelDined on 4/30/2013The view was incredible. Food was fantastic. Our server, Jason added to the positive experience with his attention to every detail. The sangria mixed table side was delicious. Over all excellent experience on a very special occasion for my wife and me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy the Columbia restaurantsJudyDined on 4/30/2013Enjoy the Columbia restaurants overall. However, was a little disappointed with the limited menu. Understand the situation and took that into consideration and still had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful time as always.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/28/2013Wonderful time as always. We will visit the Ybor location to see Carla Marie and Didea when the Pier closes.Special Features:
- Great food and a spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013Great food and a spectacular view that will be missed, we both wish that St Pete would leave the pier as is.Special Features:
- So sad that they'll be closingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013So sad that they'll be closing this location as St Petersburg will be d emolishing the beautiful pier it sits on. We ate here every time we came to town. Lovely atmosphere, gracious service, such a shame.Special Features:
- Service, food all excelente!!!OrlandoneighborDined on 4/26/2013Service, food all excelente!!! Glad we went, restaurant will be closed in MaySpecial Features:
- It was ok. Not the best ColumbiaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/24/2013It was ok. Not the best Columbia location despite an excellent location. The facility was run down, service was a bit surly, and he vibe was tired.Special Features:
- Mixed reviewJimLDined on 4/20/2013This location will be closing for three years starting at the end of May 2013. Limited menu at this location in the meantime. Our server was very nice but seemed stressed and hurried. Not very attentive to refills on drinks. Long wait for food, but the restaurant was very busy. The wait for food was not beyond reasonable, but took longer than expected--especially since our waiter rarely came back to our table in between. I had the Roast Pork and the meat itself was very dry, but it was covered in a citrus sauce so that made up for the dryness. Everything else was fantastic. The cuban bread and the 1905 Salad were worth the trip! My partner had the Mahi Cayo Hueso and raved about it.Special Features:
- We planned a birthday andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We planned a birthday and requested a cake but was not informed until the end of the meal that you did not supply cake for parties. Very dissatisfied with this issue. They even called to confirm my reservations and I mentioned the birthday and no one said anything except the saw my note ....very poor very poor!
- I ordered the more traditionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/18/2013I ordered the more traditional pork with black beans and plantanes , the pork was average at best and looked like it came out of a can .. Nice view of the water but the place was practically empty at 7 pm on a Thursday night ... I have heard the one in Tampa is much better
- Pier today...gone tomorrow (May 31)steveoVIPDined on 4/18/2013Everything was perfect. This was sadly our last visit before the pier is torn down.Special Features:
- We love this place. We eatluv2dineDined on 4/17/2013We love this place. We eat here at least once a week for either lunch or dinner. It will be a sad day when the pier is gone, which means we will have to drive to a different location to get our 1905 fix.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2013We arrived early and were seated promptly. The waiter was incredibly personable and polite, ready to fill whatever request we had. The view overlooking Tampa Bay was awesome. The food was great.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner. SeatedVLsunbirdDined on 4/14/2013Anniversary dinner. Seated at a table with a beautiful view. Waiter was very knowledgeable and made excellent recommendations. We thoroughly enjoyed specially prepared Mojitos (sugar free) and delicious dinners. We will return.Special Features:
- Eva BoswellOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013The Columbia has been one of my favorite restaurants for over 50 yrs. The Pier location can't be beat for the view. Sorry it won't be the same in the future!Special Features:
- My seafood canneloni was aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/8/2013My seafood canneloni was a bit fishy. I've had it before and it was deelish. On the way out, checked out the bar area. It's gorgeous and am intending to go next week for lunch. How awful that this beautiful restaurant as well as the entire Pier will be no more after May 31. The city is making a big mistake in my opinion.Special Features:
- This was our first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2013This was our first visit. Unfortunetly it was not a great experience. It seems since they are closing to relocate, they have a limited menu. The service was extremely slow. Items we ordered were never brought to the table. The food was very good but was not served hot. The manager did try very hard to make up for the shortcomings. Beacause of his effort we will return once the new restaurant is open.Special Features:
- The restaurant will be closingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/3/2013The restaurant will be closing in May for a rebuild of the pier. In the meanwhile they are operating on a greatly reduced menu. I arrived about 9PM (closing is 10 PM) and they were out of yellow rice- a staple. Service was indifferent- the staff seemed mostly absent and inattentive.Special Features:
- You Can't Eat a ViewOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/2/2013The most over-hyped restaurant I have ever been to. Food was unappetizing and disappointing. The 1905 salad (or whatever they call it) was inedible. The first clue was they use iceberg lettuce (ugh!) chopped into tiny pieces. The salad tasted like a swimming pool smells....and I wondered if they had washed the lettuce in Clorox. The view was outstanding. On this early evening we were able to watch an hour-long regatta from our window seat. BUT, you can't eat a view.Special Features:
- Sorry to hear that this restaurantMungomanDined on 3/31/2013Sorry to hear that this restaurant is closing in May, 2013, because the building is being demolished. Delighted to know that a new restaurant will be build nearby. Looking forward to trying the new one.Special Features:
- They forgot my salad. MyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013They forgot my salad. My veal came out well done. Should have been medium rare. Service was busy so they could not provide adequate attention to the tables.Special Features:
- THIS LOCATION NEVER DISAPPOINTS.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013THIS LOCATION NEVER DISAPPOINTS. WONDERFUL FOOD, GREAT SERVICE, WONDERFUL VIEWS OF THE BAY AND ALL ITS HAPPENINGS.Special Features:
- St. Petersburg's possible loss.BoboDined on 3/31/2013The food was excellent as well as the service. It's a shame that this restaurant will be closing at the end of May. The people of St. Petersburg will lose a great restaurant if the issues at The Pier are not resolved. We will go to Cearwater if this restaurant does not return to St. Petersburg.Special Features: