Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
98 St. George Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (904) 824-3341
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner Daily
Lunch: Monday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 4:00pm; Sunday: noon – 4:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday – Saturday: 4:00 p.m. – 10 p.m., Sunday: 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ariel Berrios
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering, please call us for details to make your special event memorable with one of our “Super Paellas.
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-200 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining areas to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor courtyards, 3 fountains, and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: John Pedaggi 9048243341
- Entertainment: Founded in 1565, St. Augustine is the nation's oldest city, and home to the Columbia Restaurant of St. Augustine, located in the heart of the historic district on St. George Street, surrounded by shops and attractions. The Columbia is located within walking distance of several historic landmarks including Castillo de San Marcos National Monument (the oldest masonry fort in the United States), the Spanish Quarter, Flagler College, and Casa Monica. There are many museums to see, including the Museum of Weapons and Early American History and the Old Florida Museum.
- Special Events: Open 365-days a year, including all holidays for lunch and dinner daily.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)good for groups (117)fit for foodies (103)neighborhood gem (92)romantic (84)great for lunch (78)hot spot (42)kid-friendly (36)notable wine list (30)great for brunch (26)scenic view (16)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (7)Show More
- AMBIENCE IS WONDERFUL. THE 1905 SALAD IS !!!MANX98Dined on 11/13/2014I CAME ALL THE WAY FROM JACKSONVILLE TO ENJOY THE SALAD FOR MY BIRTHDAY. THE SERVER WAS VERY NICE AND THE FREE FLAN WAS OK. I WOULD HAVE PREFERED FREE KEY LIME PIE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ColumbiaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Never a disappointment dining at any Columbia restaurant.Special Features:
- Great food!AwesomVIPDined on 11/8/2014My wife and I ate here for the first time on a mini vacation and everything was delicious, the fresh hot Cuban bread to the veal and fish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CherrycreedCherrycreedDined on 11/8/2014Excellent food and service. Small, intimate. Don't drink so didn't look at wine list, but people at nearby tables, based on comments, seemed pleased. Would definitely go back next time we're in St. Augustine.Special Features:
- Exceeded our expectations!!!PamelaDined on 11/7/20143 friends & I came to St Augustine for a girls weekend & everything I had read pointed to the Columbiaas THE place to eat. Many of the locals also recommended it highly. They were absolutely right!! The menu is extensive, the food is excellent, & the service is wonderful. Very pretty Spanish-styled architecture & decor & just a great experience!! Will certainly eat here again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Columbia - Great foodDinner4twoDined on 11/7/2014To begin with we made reservations and was taken immediately to a table upstairs. The only thing the table was up against another table and there were so many tables available. Would have been nice to not have to hear the entire conversation of the people beside us. Our waitress was very friendly and had a very wonderful personality. Our food was served in a decent time. Everything was so delicious. Love this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DiningBigBenDined on 11/7/2014I have had the pleasure at dining at all of Columbia Restaurants! My first visit was when I was five and it was to the flagship in Ybor City! I remembered distinctly as being my pop's favorite restaurant! It became mine and still remains my favorite! My date and I celebrated our birthdays togetherand she loved the experience! I'll always be a fan of the Columbia Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014We made a reservation and sere seated as soon as we got there. The waiter came to our table immediately, took our appetizer and drink orders , and got back to us in a short period of time. He too our orders and the food came fairly quickly. All of our entrees were at the right temperature, were very flavorful and tasted soooo goooood!!! We enjoyed the experience and highly recommend it. The only problem we had was that all the streets around the restaurant were closed and we could not find our way by car- parked far away and had to walk looking for how to find it. DadSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJPB62Dined on 11/1/2014As with all Columbia locations, wonderful service and a fine atmosphere. The meals were, again as usual, outstanding. Never a disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- trapar13Dined on 11/1/2014We are faithful followers of The Columbia. If there is one where we are traveling it is our pic for dinner or lunch. This visit was a bit dissapointing. We were a party of 8. 2 chicken dinners had no flavor/ 2 beef dinners were over cooked. Service was great as was the bread. For the price for a chicken dinner we were disapointed. Not sure if we will visit any time soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicioso,G8treatsDined on 10/31/2014We always enjoy dining at Columbia. The 1905 salad and bread are so delicious, and there are so many great choices of entrees. My favorite tapas item is the scallops Casimiro.Special Features:
- Restaurant Came Highly RecomendedNiagaraFallsJimDined on 10/28/2014Friend told us that if we went to St. Augustine that we had to go to the Columbia Restaurant. We made reservations, but clearly the night we went they weren't needed as there were lots of empty tables. Our waiter was OK, nothing out of the ordinary. The 1905 Salad was delicious and our entree's were good. Wine list was OK but for me not a lot of selections, although I did find a wine that was OK. The manager did stop by our table to make sure everything was OK. We had eaten at the Olde Pink House in Savannah the night before, so of course we were spoiled. If I lived local to St. Augustine I would likely go back again but as a tourist if I were to stop in St. Augustine again I would likely try another restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed LunchLuLu1Dined on 10/27/2014I was not impressed from the beginning. The hostess's attitude......The server was 10 minutes at least before coming to our table...drinks(no alcohol) took a long time, and refills as well. The table that were seated at was like a traffic zone......the value for your money is not worth going back....
- Great Place...BadSmokeyDined on 10/25/2014I went to the Columbia Restaurant in Saint Augustine, Florida with some friends knowing we were going to have a great meal and atmosphere. The food was delicious and we never had to look for our waitress for service. She was very helpful about the menu and what was on the drink list. The big plus is that, you are in the oldest city in the nation. Saint Augustine, Florida has a lot of fun for all and great shops in the area around the Columbia Restaurant. I live here and have always enjoyed the Columbia Restaurant and that is why it is my number one go to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but not greatJaxjoggerDined on 10/25/2014had dinner on a Saturday night recently. Service was average at best-before even sitting down a customer was arguing with a greeter because of a bad attitude. Once seated our waitress was slow to greet us. No mention of the specials and no small talk. She did her job but nothing else. Food was also slow but it was a busy Saturday night so understandable. Overall food was good not great. Had pork that was dry and missing flavor, black beans and rice were good as well as plantains. Very pricey but was expecting that. For me this is a one time visit and probably would not return even though we live only 1 hour away. With so many excellent restaurants in St Augustine I would go else where.Special Features:
- rbd2Dined on 10/25/2014Great place to take out of town visitors. History, decor, menu say a lot for St Augustine.Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2014Columbia was recommended by a friend. He was absolutely correct. Wait staff was fantastic. Food was great.Special Features:
- Great place to eatRocketdog55Dined on 10/25/2014Go there. Great food. Great drinks. Great coffee. Great service. Great location. Free 2 hour parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST ANYWHEREDuchessDined on 10/25/2014I literally have exhausted all the positive adjectives I can use to describe this most pleasurable of restaurants. I've dined in all types, levels, cuisines you can imagine in the states, and out of these states and this is MY FAVORITE, always. The food is excellent, as is the service from the parking lot, front desk, servers, and any employee I've ever met. Do yourself a favor and dine here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good time, and a good mealRaynmanDined on 10/24/2014The Beef Saltealdo and the 1905 Salad remain my favorites! If you get a pitcher of Sangria, ask for a shot of Brandy in it (additional cost). After you're done eating, make sure to check out the shop attached to the restaurant. You'll be happy you spent your dinning experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and main coursesJustMeDined on 10/21/2014Everything in the decor was lovely. The tapas servings are really quite small in proportion to the prices. This was VERY disappointing. Also a problem with the main courses..... The ones served with rice were overwhelmed by the presence of the rice. The prices were high for a large plate of rice. The black bean soup is delicious !Special Features:
- Excellent choiceColStAugustineDined on 10/21/2014Consistently the Columbia in Saint Augustine is excellent in all respects. We look forward to the Columbia during each visit to the City. Atmosphere, food and service excel.Special Features:
- favoritejimmerDined on 10/19/2014One of our favorite restaurants! Good food and a memorable occasion is always the result.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Time at The ColumbiaRitchieDined on 10/18/2014This was my visit to St Augustine since I was a child. One of the few things I remember from that trip was The Columbia restaurant. This weekend I took my wife to St Augustine for her 30th birthday. It was excellent. From the warm Cuban bread to the pitcher of sangria, everything was superb. I ordered "The Bambino," a 14oz New York Strip steak. I am ruined to any other steak now. It has a nice crispness on the outside and the medium-rare inside was done to perfection. Overall dinner was a great start to an excellent night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Evening!BaltimoretoLGDined on 10/18/2014We were in St. Augustine for two nights, celebrating our 35th anniversary. While the Columbia Restaurant can seat up to 650 people at one time, they made our night special by seating us in a small room upstairs with just three tables. Once the other parties left, we had the little nook all to ourselves! The food and service were very good, and it truly will be a night to be remembered!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKlaf2Dined on 10/18/2014This version of the Columbia is too loud and the food was not up to the standard I expect from other Columbia restaurants. I had grouper, it was overcooked, dry and rubbery. The service was quite good.
- Amazed!!RESTAURANTPOLICEDined on 10/18/2014What an experience!!! The food, atmosphere and service was outstanding!!Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch, fantastic serviceBeckyDDined on 10/16/2014We had out of town guests from Los Angeles. They loved the food, ambiance and out standing service. The menu is huge, lots of great options for everyone. I would recommend The Columbia Resuaurant highly.Special Features:
- great..mealbob1504Dined on 10/12/2014Had a great time , food was excellent And Service was also.very.goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!BeccaDined on 10/11/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants to go to dinner at when in St. Augustine.Special Features:
- First TimerBchbumsinflDined on 10/11/2014Food was pretty good. I love Spanish food, always have since living in South America. We were early for our reservations but we were seated immediately. Service was good and the prices were not that bad for the area. I will recommend it and definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- smathewsDined on 10/11/2014food was very slow coming out of the kitchen. Many tables around us were complaining. The waiter was apologeticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodVenusVIPDined on 10/11/2014Having just eaten in a wonderful Cuban restaurant in Miami and had a basis for comparison, we found the food here disappointing. The pork a la Cubana was tasteless. The fried plantain was burnt. The only good thing about the dish was the rice and beans. The paella, although tasty, was soupy, more like risotto. We enjoyed the bread pudding and the sangria. When we complained about the pork, the manager came to our table and was very apologetic which we appreciated a lot. We were not charged for the pork dish. We are still glad we went for the experience.Special Features:
- St. AugustineJohnnyDebbieDined on 10/11/2014As always, everything was excellent, especially, walking past all the people with pagers waiting to be seated. We were 15 minutes early and were immediately escorted to our table over-looking the fountain. This was our 45th wedding anniversary and the experience was everything we had hoped for. Service (Brad) was excellent and the timing of drinks, appetizer, and entre was just right. Our dinner was so excellent! Cooked just right and the presentation was elegant. Flora seems to be everywhere, every time. We have seen her at Lunch, Dinner, and talked with her on the phone. Always very pleasant, helpful, and smiling. A real attribute to the Columbia. We always recommend the Columbia to our friends and anyone else that loves dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SabrosoGrumpyDined on 10/11/2014I have to say that the service and quality of food meets with the logo of "GEM of Spanish Restaurant". We have been to the Ybor City location twice, Celebration and now St. Augustine and are totally satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Florida's Oldest RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014To start with our waiter Armando was wonderful he provided great service, conversation and knowledge of the menu. We loved our 1905 salads and pitcher of Mojito both made table side. I had the Camarones Rellenos “Jesse Gonzalez” shrimp topped with lump crab, rice and vegetables. The meal was good but I think overpriced for 5 or 6 stuffed shrimp @ $27.00. I will say that I admire that they only use fresh wild caught gulf shrimp. My husband's did not enjoy his meal, Mahi Mahi “Cayo Hueso” the fish was dry and tasteless. Also there was too much yuca. The yuca would have been better fried. Overall we did enjoy ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better locationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Chicken dish was way to salty.. Food wasn't warm enough. Salad was wilted and soggy. I have been to Columbia many times in other locations and LOVED it, st. Augustine location, not satisfied.Special Features:
- Nice PlacewsgtsDined on 10/10/2014Excellent fish dishes, try the snapper which was really excellent. Grouper was good as well.Special Features:
- Columbia HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/8/2014We used to drive from Melbourne for many, many years in the early 90's to dine at the Columbia House. Everything is still as great as ever except for the road construction. Looking forward to our next visit now that we have moved back to Florida.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/6/2014Great food and service, our first time here, we'lol be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.