Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
98 St. George Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9048243341
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner Daily
Lunch: Monday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 4:00pm; Sunday: noon – 4:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday – Saturday: 4:00 p.m. – 10 p.m., Sunday: 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ariel Berrios
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering, please call us for details to make your special event memorable with one of our “Super Paellas.
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-200 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining areas to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor courtyards, 3 fountains, and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: John Pedaggi 9048243341
- Entertainment: Founded in 1565, St. Augustine is the nation's oldest city, and home to the Columbia Restaurant of St. Augustine, located in the heart of the historic district on St. George Street, surrounded by shops and attractions. The Columbia is located within walking distance of several historic landmarks including Castillo de San Marcos National Monument (the oldest masonry fort in the United States), the Spanish Quarter, Flagler College, and Casa Monica. There are many museums to see, including the Museum of Weapons and Early American History and the Old Florida Museum.
- Special Events: Open 365-days a year, including all holidays for lunch and dinner daily.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine reviews from OpenTable diners
260 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (169)good for groups (117)fit for foodies (107)neighborhood gem (102)romantic (96)great for lunch (89)kid-friendly (49)hot spot (41)great for brunch (35)notable wine list (27)scenic view (23)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Great food and ambianceJoyGDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I went to St Augustine for our anniversary. This was a great find. Food was great and our server excellent. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!JPorkDined on 9/27/2014We went there on Sat 9/27/14 for our anniversary and it was perfect! The 1905 salad was amazing and we got a bunch of tapas. The meatballs were our favorite and the salad. We will definitely go back for sure!Special Features:
- Differnt location - Good foodsdhTampaDined on 9/26/2014Family loved Tampa location so we visited St. Augustine location. Quality consistent with original location.Special Features:
- A Perfect Family RestuarantborntoeatDined on 9/25/2014This is the first place we dine when visiting St. Augustine. I would recommend it to anyone that enjoys well prepared Latin food. On our last two visits, we were seated upstairs and it was very nice. If you enjoy Latin food this is about as close to home cooking as you are going to find in a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spot for a mealshellyfDined on 9/22/2014The four of us enjoyed our dinner at this very charmng restaurant. The service was excellent and the food, very good. One needs to sample the different items on several visits to get a good idea of what would be your favorite. The house salad was over the top! The sangria, too, was quite tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place but...PriestGDined on 9/21/2014I ordered one thing and they brought out another, nothing big just a simple mistakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 29th AnnivesaryTheBooBoosDined on 9/21/2014We were married in 1985. In 1987 we celebrated our second anniversary at the Columbia. This was truly a nostoligic night for us.Special Features:
- Always greatNew2PVBVIPDined on 9/20/2014Another trip with friends visiting from out of state - and Columbia is one of our favorite places to impress people! Great food, great bread, great mojitos, great service. It's nice to have a place you can depend on to be great every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- group lunchdaisyVIPDined on 9/20/2014I had lunch at Columbia with a group of 7 picky women and it was perfect. A kind and handsome waiter managed great service, multiple drink orders and individual checks with aplomb. The food was terrific and different from our usual fare which made it seem more like vacation - well, that and the sangria and mojitos. Lovely dining room with tile everywhere.Special Features:
- Mrs KayFoodie4everDined on 9/19/2014Amazing Spanish cuisine and great atmosphere. The food was traditional and hot and fresh. Our server did a great job and she remembered it was his birthday and brought out amazing flan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Columbia RestaurantDinner4twoDined on 9/19/2014Had a wonderful dinner at the Columbia restaurant. Made reservations for 630 for my wife and myself. Arrived ten minutes early and was taken upstairs to a very nice and quiet area. Had unique scenery out the window. Our server was friendly and very prompt. Our meal was delicious. I enjoyed pork and my wife a steak. The bread served before dinner was hot and fresh. Will return. Wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really liked the ambience & foodHelloKathyDined on 9/19/2014I had a baked cheese appetizer and their special house salad and I really enjoyed it. Our server was great! We will def. go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHEMSOUTHDined on 9/13/2014The Colombia restaurant is a top notch restaurant in every way. 1905 salad is still the best as well as the 7 Portes.Special Features:
- Service was impeccable.CandyDined on 9/13/2014We had a special night here and the service was outstanding. I made reservations and asked for a romantic table and was not let down. Food was good and drinks were amazing. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish gemrayg1Dined on 9/13/2014Beautiful, bright and roomy. A Spacious restaurant resembling old Spain. The entire staff is extremely pleasant and helpful, our favorite in the St Augustine area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickDined on 9/13/2014Ambiance and service were very good. Server (Carlos) was efficient and very friendly. Cannot say same about food. The Paella was so salty we could not eat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for years and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent as well as the service. The prices are moderate but so worth it. I would recommend this restaurant and any of the other Columbia restaurants highly. I have eaten at the Columbia in Clearwater twice and it is as fabulous as St. Augustine. It is right on the beach.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/11/2014We have eaten at Columbia in Clearwater - did not feel this one was as good - good but just not as good - maybe more of a tourist destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Cuban CusineYahaDined on 9/10/2014This is one of my favorites in North Florida...have had several celebrations here (my 31st anniversary this time) and the vegetarian paella NEVER disappoints...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!ragatag2Dined on 9/6/2014This is a high-energy place with great food and great service. We always know we can count on everything being consistent here so we are never afraid to bring visiting friends or family. The bread alone is worth the visit! The manager stopped by our table to see how things were and he took our parking stub and had it validated something we often forget and have to go back, a nice extra touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!FLFoodCriticDined on 9/6/2014One of my favorite restaurants of all time! This was my first time at the Columbia in St. Augustine, but I always go to the Columbia in Tampa & Clearwater. All of the locations have a great atmosphere & excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AdventuringVIPDined on 9/5/2014The Columbia consistently provides a quality dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchjimdaddyDined on 9/5/2014I've been here about 10 times and always have a great experience. The service is excellent and the food and beverages are even better (see Mojitos)Special Features:
- BuzzDined on 9/2/2014With a reservation we wereseated immediately upon arrival. Waitress was prompt and helpful as it was our first time at this restaurant. Answered all questions but didn't offer any suggestions. Was patient while we looked over the menu. Food came out in perfect timing from beginning to end. Everything was warm and tasted very good. Generous portions. Spanish music played throughout dinner, however, a little loud for our taste. Very good wine list and you're able to sample something new before ordering. A little pricier than what open table has listed, 22-30, which is just the price of the main meal. I will return for another special occassion as the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Columbia's; what happened 2 qualityLauraDined on 8/31/2014Columbia's used to be a must go restaurant and a gem of St. Augustine. But recently visits, the service has gone down hill. The waiters seemed to have too many tables, so they can't give their customers enough time. They are running around sweating. We were a party of 6 (4 adults and 2 children). Took quite a while to receive our drinks, our food was incorrect, and the waiter claimed that someone took our dishes. My husband used to look forward to dining there, but the price is not worth it anymore, for bad service and the food is not quality.
- Fantastic!!LpmpDined on 8/31/2014We tried a variety of foods- soup, tapas, salad...all were fantastic! The menu is extensive and everything sounded great. I have to rave one more time about the salad (which would be easy to skip because so many other things sound great) but do not make that mistake - it was truest the best salad I have ever eaten! The sangria pitcher was equally as awesome! Great atomosphere, definitely check it out if you are visiting Sr. Augustine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad 1905 is terrific !NewbieFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Our first time here and table side salad prepared is delicious! We enjoyed Mojitos in addition to three tapas: mushrooms, crab cakes & scallops ! Very well prepared and flavorful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceDonutzVIPDined on 8/30/2014Dining at Columbia is a very unique experience. The setting is beautiful, and much is prepared table side. Their Cuban Bread is delicious. The 1905 salad doesn't quite live up to the hype, but other dishes looked fantastic and Spanish Bean Souo was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The receiving and greeting area needs more work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so goodphilVIPDined on 8/29/2014Shrimp were so salty that we could not eat them and the Paella that is supposed be the speciality was ok, not great. The sangria was very good and the service and atmosphere was also very good. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing..
- fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Service was amazing waiter was attentive knowledgeable just outstanding. Sangria made at the table, appetizers delicious snd entree was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!great1Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to multiple Columbia restaurants and this by far is the best!! Fantastic service and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great but....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Still love the place but take note: there is major construction going on that has torn up or closed the streets around the resturant. The parking lot entrance has moved to the side street and parking there may be an issue. Per our Server, this may go on for several months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainCharlesDined on 8/20/2014Have been to all locations many times. Have yet to have less than a excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a MealFoodie4sureDined on 8/20/2014The manager, Travis and our server, Frank made sure that the service was amazing but really it was the paella. The steak was okay, the stuffed fish was great but the PAELLA definitely did it for me. What an amazing meal??!!!Special Features:
- NannyNannyDined on 8/19/2014This is my favorite restaurant while in St. Augustine. I am a local, who recommends this restaurant to anyone who visits. The food is always great. I recommend the homemade sangria!! I've always made reservations, which have proven to be worth it.Special Features:
- Good Tapas and Excellent EntreeILiveHereDined on 8/17/2014We ordered tapas and split an entree. We had garlic shrimp, stuffed peppers, empanadas...all were very tasty. The entree, Bilbao Snapper was just excellent. I am picky and appreciate that the food was all fresh. I didn't fell like it was shipped to the restaurant and then "reconstituted." One area of improvement could be the wine list. The availability of a couple of higher quality Spanish wines would be nice, but the rioja we had was OK. The wait staff was friendly and professional. Overall, we really enjoyed our night! We will go to Columbia's the next time we are in St. Augustine for sure.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Fantastic as always. 1905 salad is great. Open table made it real easy to get reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at St. ColombiajroseDined on 8/15/2014The waitress/service was incredible. Dessert was fabulous and the 1905 Salad was amazing! The entrees were not impressive and rather disappointing. The restaurant itself was comfortable and inviting. The bathroom was clean and sanitary. I would go back however I would only order the salad and dessert. My overall rating was 3/5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGBMANDined on 8/11/2014It was a good dinner, we went their for our 25th Anniversary. Nothing was provided for our special dinner. We found it to be very good. I think it is a bit overpriced for similar restaurants in the area. Not a place I would reccomend for a casual dinner. I don't think Cuban food is that expensive to make or prepare. Why the expensive menu.Special Features: