Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
98 St. George Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9048243341
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner Daily
Lunch: Monday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 4:00pm; Sunday: noon – 4:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday – Saturday: 4:00 p.m. – 10 p.m., Sunday: 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ariel Berrios
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering, please call us for details to make your special event memorable with one of our “Super Paellas.
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-200 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining areas to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor courtyards, 3 fountains, and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: John Pedaggi 9048243341
- Entertainment: Founded in 1565, St. Augustine is the nation's oldest city, and home to the Columbia Restaurant of St. Augustine, located in the heart of the historic district on St. George Street, surrounded by shops and attractions. The Columbia is located within walking distance of several historic landmarks including Castillo de San Marcos National Monument (the oldest masonry fort in the United States), the Spanish Quarter, Flagler College, and Casa Monica. There are many museums to see, including the Museum of Weapons and Early American History and the Old Florida Museum.
- Special Events: Open 365-days a year, including all holidays for lunch and dinner daily.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (176)good for groups (116)fit for foodies (113)neighborhood gem (103)romantic (102)great for lunch (96)kid-friendly (47)hot spot (40)great for brunch (39)notable wine list (31)scenic view (27)late-night find (14)vibrant bar scene (13)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- CHEMSOUTHDined on 9/13/2014The Colombia restaurant is a top notch restaurant in every way. 1905 salad is still the best as well as the 7 Portes.Special Features:
- Service was impeccable.CandyDined on 9/13/2014We had a special night here and the service was outstanding. I made reservations and asked for a romantic table and was not let down. Food was good and drinks were amazing. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish gemrayg1Dined on 9/13/2014Beautiful, bright and roomy. A Spacious restaurant resembling old Spain. The entire staff is extremely pleasant and helpful, our favorite in the St Augustine area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NickDined on 9/13/2014Ambiance and service were very good. Server (Carlos) was efficient and very friendly. Cannot say same about food. The Paella was so salty we could not eat it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014My husband and I have been going to this restaurant for years and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent as well as the service. The prices are moderate but so worth it. I would recommend this restaurant and any of the other Columbia restaurants highly. I have eaten at the Columbia in Clearwater twice and it is as fabulous as St. Augustine. It is right on the beach.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/11/2014We have eaten at Columbia in Clearwater - did not feel this one was as good - good but just not as good - maybe more of a tourist destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Cuban CusineYahaDined on 9/10/2014This is one of my favorites in North Florida...have had several celebrations here (my 31st anniversary this time) and the vegetarian paella NEVER disappoints...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service!ragatag2Dined on 9/6/2014This is a high-energy place with great food and great service. We always know we can count on everything being consistent here so we are never afraid to bring visiting friends or family. The bread alone is worth the visit! The manager stopped by our table to see how things were and he took our parking stub and had it validated something we often forget and have to go back, a nice extra touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!FLFoodCriticDined on 9/6/2014One of my favorite restaurants of all time! This was my first time at the Columbia in St. Augustine, but I always go to the Columbia in Tampa & Clearwater. All of the locations have a great atmosphere & excellent food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!AdventuringVIPDined on 9/5/2014The Columbia consistently provides a quality dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent LunchjimdaddyDined on 9/5/2014I've been here about 10 times and always have a great experience. The service is excellent and the food and beverages are even better (see Mojitos)Special Features:
- BuzzDined on 9/2/2014With a reservation we wereseated immediately upon arrival. Waitress was prompt and helpful as it was our first time at this restaurant. Answered all questions but didn't offer any suggestions. Was patient while we looked over the menu. Food came out in perfect timing from beginning to end. Everything was warm and tasted very good. Generous portions. Spanish music played throughout dinner, however, a little loud for our taste. Very good wine list and you're able to sample something new before ordering. A little pricier than what open table has listed, 22-30, which is just the price of the main meal. I will return for another special occassion as the food and service were very good.Special Features:
- Columbia's; what happened 2 qualityLauraDined on 8/31/2014Columbia's used to be a must go restaurant and a gem of St. Augustine. But recently visits, the service has gone down hill. The waiters seemed to have too many tables, so they can't give their customers enough time. They are running around sweating. We were a party of 6 (4 adults and 2 children). Took quite a while to receive our drinks, our food was incorrect, and the waiter claimed that someone took our dishes. My husband used to look forward to dining there, but the price is not worth it anymore, for bad service and the food is not quality.
- Fantastic!!LpmpDined on 8/31/2014We tried a variety of foods- soup, tapas, salad...all were fantastic! The menu is extensive and everything sounded great. I have to rave one more time about the salad (which would be easy to skip because so many other things sound great) but do not make that mistake - it was truest the best salad I have ever eaten! The sangria pitcher was equally as awesome! Great atomosphere, definitely check it out if you are visiting Sr. Augustine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad 1905 is terrific !NewbieFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Our first time here and table side salad prepared is delicious! We enjoyed Mojitos in addition to three tapas: mushrooms, crab cakes & scallops ! Very well prepared and flavorful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceDonutzVIPDined on 8/30/2014Dining at Columbia is a very unique experience. The setting is beautiful, and much is prepared table side. Their Cuban Bread is delicious. The 1905 salad doesn't quite live up to the hype, but other dishes looked fantastic and Spanish Bean Souo was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The receiving and greeting area needs more work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so goodphilVIPDined on 8/29/2014Shrimp were so salty that we could not eat them and the Paella that is supposed be the speciality was ok, not great. The sangria was very good and the service and atmosphere was also very good. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing..
- fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Service was amazing waiter was attentive knowledgeable just outstanding. Sangria made at the table, appetizers delicious snd entree was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!great1Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to multiple Columbia restaurants and this by far is the best!! Fantastic service and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great but....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Still love the place but take note: there is major construction going on that has torn up or closed the streets around the resturant. The parking lot entrance has moved to the side street and parking there may be an issue. Per our Server, this may go on for several months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainCharlesDined on 8/20/2014Have been to all locations many times. Have yet to have less than a excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a MealFoodie4sureDined on 8/20/2014The manager, Travis and our server, Frank made sure that the service was amazing but really it was the paella. The steak was okay, the stuffed fish was great but the PAELLA definitely did it for me. What an amazing meal??!!!Special Features:
- NannyNannyDined on 8/19/2014This is my favorite restaurant while in St. Augustine. I am a local, who recommends this restaurant to anyone who visits. The food is always great. I recommend the homemade sangria!! I've always made reservations, which have proven to be worth it.Special Features:
- Good Tapas and Excellent EntreeILiveHereDined on 8/17/2014We ordered tapas and split an entree. We had garlic shrimp, stuffed peppers, empanadas...all were very tasty. The entree, Bilbao Snapper was just excellent. I am picky and appreciate that the food was all fresh. I didn't fell like it was shipped to the restaurant and then "reconstituted." One area of improvement could be the wine list. The availability of a couple of higher quality Spanish wines would be nice, but the rioja we had was OK. The wait staff was friendly and professional. Overall, we really enjoyed our night! We will go to Columbia's the next time we are in St. Augustine for sure.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Fantastic as always. 1905 salad is great. Open table made it real easy to get reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at St. ColombiajroseDined on 8/15/2014The waitress/service was incredible. Dessert was fabulous and the 1905 Salad was amazing! The entrees were not impressive and rather disappointing. The restaurant itself was comfortable and inviting. The bathroom was clean and sanitary. I would go back however I would only order the salad and dessert. My overall rating was 3/5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGBMANDined on 8/11/2014It was a good dinner, we went their for our 25th Anniversary. Nothing was provided for our special dinner. We found it to be very good. I think it is a bit overpriced for similar restaurants in the area. Not a place I would reccomend for a casual dinner. I don't think Cuban food is that expensive to make or prepare. Why the expensive menu.Special Features:
- always so yummy!sillie9grlDined on 8/10/2014I go to the Columbia every time I'm in St . Augustin! The food is simply so delicious it's hard to put into words.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sistertime WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My sister is in LOVE with the 1950 salad so we had to eat at the Columbia. Although the hostess' could be a bit more friendly, the atmosphere and food were exceptional. We always visit the Columbia not only for the food but to also see the parking attendant - he is what starts and ends the experience for us, we love him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Columbia houseJuniorDined on 8/9/2014The service was good we had 6:00 reservation and we were taken as soon as we arrived. It took the waiter a few minutes to show up for our drink order but once he arrived it went smoothly. After we place our dinner order we waited longer than I believe it should have taken. The food was good but not for the cost. I will not return.Special Features:
- OutstandingJB1944Dined on 8/8/2014Celebrated two birthdays on a Friday evening with reservations. We were immediately taken in and seated and out waiter was immediately at our table for drink selection and to answer questions we had on various dishes. The Shrimp Supreme was outstanding and the baked grouper with crab stuffing was light and delectable. The snapper dish was outstanding and the accompanying eggplant was a big hit. As usual the 1905 salad prepared at our table was cool, fresh, and filling with their special dressing. All in all it was a great meal and then to top it off we shared a Key Lime Pie and a Godiva Chocolate cake covered in chocolate mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend.hate2cookDined on 8/8/2014Great service, good food, we arrived early and were seated early. Only objection was that there was a lot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish Florida Cuisineluvs2eatDined on 8/7/2014I enjoyed the food and I recommend the Black bean soup! The cuban style bread was fresh and warm and the Paella was very good. The atmosphere was authentic and interesting. This was a quintessential St Augustine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Columbia let downWPdinerDined on 8/5/2014I have eaten at the Columbia in Tampa and Celebration, and at the St. Augustine sights. This time it was a bit of a disappointment. I felt like the food wasn't quite as good as the past, and a little over-priced for the quality. I will chock it up to a bad day; others in my party were happy with their selection so I didn't make a big deal about it. The Manager did walk around and check on everyone's service and meals, but we had just received ours and I hadn't had a chance to take a bite yet.Special Features:
- Always love this place!OkaritaDined on 8/3/2014We had the best service from Chuck as our waiter. Felt extra special for my birthday!Special Features:
- Cuban RestaurantRudyDined on 8/2/2014It's worth a try. Nice open area. My party arrived 30 min. early and within two minutes we were seated. Orders are cooked to order and this takes some time before seeing the food. This is OK with me and my party of six adults. Table tops are ceramic tiles with grout missing in places and dampness with food that looked unsightly and certain not very sanitized. I mention this to a manager who said that the tops were re-grouted approximately every month. Clearly, a little sealer could be used when the tables are re-grouted, to keep the tops free of germs. R. GriffinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farid made the nightMikebikeDined on 7/31/2014Great meal with my wife ,2 sons and their wives. We had a server named Farid who was an ex excellent waiter with a good blend of conversation and top notch attentivnessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Seafood MenuDoctoriDined on 7/31/2014Wonderful service, excellent food and reasonable prices. Excellent Spanish/Cuban flavored menu with fun appetizers, excellent entrees, wonderful desserts and reasonably priced wines. This well-known favorite attracts locals and tourists for excellent seasonal and traditional items. The grouper, pompano and snapper dishes were particularly good. Very high noise level when busy, so expect to shout not chat with dinner companions. Service staff is well-trained and attentive, and the meal flowed nicely from drinks to coffee/deserts. Save room for the bread pudding and flan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterPaulDined on 7/29/2014Carlos from angola was a fantastic, friendly and profesional person. I work for ESPN Network in Bristol, CT, and all my family had a perfect evening. Than you. Paul moreno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.