Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
98 St. George Street
St. Augustine, FL 32084Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 9048243341
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch and Dinner Daily
Lunch: Monday – Saturday 11:00 a.m. - 4:00pm; Sunday: noon – 4:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday – Saturday: 4:00 p.m. – 10 p.m., Sunday: 4:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ariel Berrios
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off-site catering, please call us for details to make your special event memorable with one of our “Super Paellas.
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-200 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining areas to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor courtyards, 3 fountains, and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: John Pedaggi 9048243341
- Entertainment: Founded in 1565, St. Augustine is the nation's oldest city, and home to the Columbia Restaurant of St. Augustine, located in the heart of the historic district on St. George Street, surrounded by shops and attractions. The Columbia is located within walking distance of several historic landmarks including Castillo de San Marcos National Monument (the oldest masonry fort in the United States), the Spanish Quarter, Flagler College, and Casa Monica. There are many museums to see, including the Museum of Weapons and Early American History and the Old Florida Museum.
- Special Events: Open 365-days a year, including all holidays for lunch and dinner daily.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax in our courtyard or Mediterranean-style dining rooms, filled with hundreds of hand-painted tiles and Spanish-style fountains. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine - Best Restaurants in St. Augustine ›
Columbia Restaurant - St. Augustine reviews from OpenTable diners
279 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (180)fit for foodies (116)good for groups (116)romantic (105)neighborhood gem (104)great for lunch (103)kid-friendly (49)great for brunch (39)hot spot (38)notable wine list (31)scenic view (30)late-night find (13)great for outdoor dining (12)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- Columbia's; what happened 2 qualityLauraDined on 8/31/2014Columbia's used to be a must go restaurant and a gem of St. Augustine. But recently visits, the service has gone down hill. The waiters seemed to have too many tables, so they can't give their customers enough time. They are running around sweating. We were a party of 6 (4 adults and 2 children). Took quite a while to receive our drinks, our food was incorrect, and the waiter claimed that someone took our dishes. My husband used to look forward to dining there, but the price is not worth it anymore, for bad service and the food is not quality.
- Salad 1905 is terrific !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our first time here and table side salad prepared is delicious! We enjoyed Mojitos in addition to three tapas: mushrooms, crab cakes & scallops ! Very well prepared and flavorful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/30/2014Dining at Columbia is a very unique experience. The setting is beautiful, and much is prepared table side. Their Cuban Bread is delicious. The 1905 salad doesn't quite live up to the hype, but other dishes looked fantastic and Spanish Bean Souo was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The receiving and greeting area needs more work...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not so goodphilVIPDined on 8/29/2014Shrimp were so salty that we could not eat them and the Paella that is supposed be the speciality was ok, not great. The sangria was very good and the service and atmosphere was also very good. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing..
- fabulous dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Service was amazing waiter was attentive knowledgeable just outstanding. Sangria made at the table, appetizers delicious snd entree was flawless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best!!great1Dined on 8/23/2014I've been to multiple Columbia restaurants and this by far is the best!! Fantastic service and the food is great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great but....OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Still love the place but take note: there is major construction going on that has torn up or closed the streets around the resturant. The parking lot entrance has moved to the side street and parking there may be an issue. Per our Server, this may go on for several months.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainCharlesDined on 8/20/2014Have been to all locations many times. Have yet to have less than a excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a MealFoodie4sureDined on 8/20/2014The manager, Travis and our server, Frank made sure that the service was amazing but really it was the paella. The steak was okay, the stuffed fish was great but the PAELLA definitely did it for me. What an amazing meal??!!!Special Features:
- NannyNannyDined on 8/19/2014This is my favorite restaurant while in St. Augustine. I am a local, who recommends this restaurant to anyone who visits. The food is always great. I recommend the homemade sangria!! I've always made reservations, which have proven to be worth it.Special Features:
- Good Tapas and Excellent EntreeILiveHereDined on 8/17/2014We ordered tapas and split an entree. We had garlic shrimp, stuffed peppers, empanadas...all were very tasty. The entree, Bilbao Snapper was just excellent. I am picky and appreciate that the food was all fresh. I didn't fell like it was shipped to the restaurant and then "reconstituted." One area of improvement could be the wine list. The availability of a couple of higher quality Spanish wines would be nice, but the rioja we had was OK. The wait staff was friendly and professional. Overall, we really enjoyed our night! We will go to Columbia's the next time we are in St. Augustine for sure.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Fantastic as always. 1905 salad is great. Open table made it real easy to get reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at St. ColombiajroseDined on 8/15/2014The waitress/service was incredible. Dessert was fabulous and the 1905 Salad was amazing! The entrees were not impressive and rather disappointing. The restaurant itself was comfortable and inviting. The bathroom was clean and sanitary. I would go back however I would only order the salad and dessert. My overall rating was 3/5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerGBMANDined on 8/11/2014It was a good dinner, we went their for our 25th Anniversary. Nothing was provided for our special dinner. We found it to be very good. I think it is a bit overpriced for similar restaurants in the area. Not a place I would reccomend for a casual dinner. I don't think Cuban food is that expensive to make or prepare. Why the expensive menu.Special Features:
- always so yummy!sillie9grlDined on 8/10/2014I go to the Columbia every time I'm in St . Augustin! The food is simply so delicious it's hard to put into words.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sistertime WeekendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014My sister is in LOVE with the 1950 salad so we had to eat at the Columbia. Although the hostess' could be a bit more friendly, the atmosphere and food were exceptional. We always visit the Columbia not only for the food but to also see the parking attendant - he is what starts and ends the experience for us, we love him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Columbia houseJuniorDined on 8/9/2014The service was good we had 6:00 reservation and we were taken as soon as we arrived. It took the waiter a few minutes to show up for our drink order but once he arrived it went smoothly. After we place our dinner order we waited longer than I believe it should have taken. The food was good but not for the cost. I will not return.Special Features:
- OutstandingJB1944Dined on 8/8/2014Celebrated two birthdays on a Friday evening with reservations. We were immediately taken in and seated and out waiter was immediately at our table for drink selection and to answer questions we had on various dishes. The Shrimp Supreme was outstanding and the baked grouper with crab stuffing was light and delectable. The snapper dish was outstanding and the accompanying eggplant was a big hit. As usual the 1905 salad prepared at our table was cool, fresh, and filling with their special dressing. All in all it was a great meal and then to top it off we shared a Key Lime Pie and a Godiva Chocolate cake covered in chocolate mousse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would recommend.hate2cookDined on 8/8/2014Great service, good food, we arrived early and were seated early. Only objection was that there was a lot of noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish Florida Cuisineluvs2eatDined on 8/7/2014I enjoyed the food and I recommend the Black bean soup! The cuban style bread was fresh and warm and the Paella was very good. The atmosphere was authentic and interesting. This was a quintessential St Augustine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Columbia let downWPdinerDined on 8/5/2014I have eaten at the Columbia in Tampa and Celebration, and at the St. Augustine sights. This time it was a bit of a disappointment. I felt like the food wasn't quite as good as the past, and a little over-priced for the quality. I will chock it up to a bad day; others in my party were happy with their selection so I didn't make a big deal about it. The Manager did walk around and check on everyone's service and meals, but we had just received ours and I hadn't had a chance to take a bite yet.Special Features:
- Always love this place!OkaritaDined on 8/3/2014We had the best service from Chuck as our waiter. Felt extra special for my birthday!Special Features:
- Cuban RestaurantRudyDined on 8/2/2014It's worth a try. Nice open area. My party arrived 30 min. early and within two minutes we were seated. Orders are cooked to order and this takes some time before seeing the food. This is OK with me and my party of six adults. Table tops are ceramic tiles with grout missing in places and dampness with food that looked unsightly and certain not very sanitized. I mention this to a manager who said that the tops were re-grouted approximately every month. Clearly, a little sealer could be used when the tables are re-grouted, to keep the tops free of germs. R. GriffinSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Farid made the nightMikebikeDined on 7/31/2014Great meal with my wife ,2 sons and their wives. We had a server named Farid who was an ex excellent waiter with a good blend of conversation and top notch attentivnessSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Seafood MenuDoctoriDined on 7/31/2014Wonderful service, excellent food and reasonable prices. Excellent Spanish/Cuban flavored menu with fun appetizers, excellent entrees, wonderful desserts and reasonably priced wines. This well-known favorite attracts locals and tourists for excellent seasonal and traditional items. The grouper, pompano and snapper dishes were particularly good. Very high noise level when busy, so expect to shout not chat with dinner companions. Service staff is well-trained and attentive, and the meal flowed nicely from drinks to coffee/deserts. Save room for the bread pudding and flan!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaiterPaulDined on 7/29/2014Carlos from angola was a fantastic, friendly and profesional person. I work for ESPN Network in Bristol, CT, and all my family had a perfect evening. Than you. Paul moreno.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerStAugMomDined on 7/29/2014I took my son for his 18th birthday and had an excellent time. The menu is a little pricey, but well worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary at the Columbia Restaurant. it was certainly the right choice on places to have our celebration dinner. The staff was extremely friendly. Our waiter, Chuck, did an outstanding job making our dinner special The manager also presented us with a complimentary Flan for dessert. Outstanding. We will certainly return to the Columbia Restaurant on our next trip to St. Augustine in Dec.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2014The ambience and sangria made up for the shortcomings: slow service and cold Spanish bean soup. We will overlook these distractions as we love the Columbia (especially on St. Armand's Key) because of the sangria, atmosphere and visiting St. Augustine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night tapasMark6drvrVIPDined on 7/26/2014Went to Columbia St. Augustine after an art show. Loud and noisy; had to wait for table (arrived earl for reservation) so went to the bar. Completely mismanaged bar area.Special Features:
- Very good but not as good2FoodiesDined on 7/26/2014My experience here was less than expected. The food was slow from the kitchen and the paella was smaller than I had expected for the price. I love tapas, and they were good but overall pricey for what you receive. I would go back but will probably try other tapas restaurants first.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Good food, great margaritas, very loud but still enjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic every time!kaisertexDined on 7/26/2014Columbia always impresses me. From the 1905 Salad, the fresh loaf of bread, to the tapas and the desserts, each course is a culinary delight. The tableside salad prep and dessert flambes make the experience extra special. By far, my favorite restaurant in all of Florida!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 26OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014We had a late lunch/early dinner with a friend from out of town and it met our expectations as we had been there before but it exceeded hers. We always know we will get good food and service at Columbia plus the mimosas! Our waitress was knowledgable about the food and was very attentive, hope we get her again, though I cannot remember her name. Will defintely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food in of St. AugustineMacAddictDined on 7/25/2014Food was outstanding, although portions not as large as the Ybor city version... you MUST try the 1905 salad and Sangria with champagne in it. Had issue with the service, or actually the lack of attention/service, and saw others experience the same. But manager came by to check on different tables experience, and we voiced our concerns, to which the manager immediately took care of things, and finished out our experience on a good note. Would definitely recommend this restaurant, both because the food is outstanding, and because they do care about your experience, and will do what is necessary to ensure you have an enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Excellent food and service. Would certainly give it a thumbs up for the foodie crowd. Only reason I gave it a "very good" rather than "outstanding" was that, through no fault of the restaurant, the streets were a mess with construction including closure of their street. It was difficult to find... Therefore, I would recommend leaving for the restaurant early or taking a cab. Great Spanish atmosphere...Special Features:
- Friends lunchFriendsLunchDined on 7/24/2014We went right to our table and had a GREAT server!!! She was simple wonderful and helped us to have a wonderful lunch!!!Special Features:
- mariettablueberrymariettablueberryDined on 7/23/2014Perfect for a special birthday celebration. The best sangria I have ever had, made right at the table and followed by a respectable list of tapas and entree choices. The food was delicious. The decor was interesting both visually and historically, and there were selections for children as well. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable. I will return to Columbia the next time I am in St. Augustine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodeatingisfineDined on 7/21/2014Very different food had things like yucca as a side. Taste for the entree was superb. The serbe r was very knowledgeable and kept our drink glass full. No sweet tea only in sweeten. Bread before the meal was fresh and warm. Great experience.Special Features: