Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
1241 Gulf Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33767Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7275968400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Daily 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups, we offer areas to host your rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, party, or group event. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our waterfront Mediterranean-style dining room is filled with hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Lee Michaud 7275968400
- Entertainment: After your meal, stroll the boardwalk along the Intracoastal waterway behind The Columbia that connects to the Shoppes on Sand Key. Be sure to make time for a visit to Caladesi Island, home of the #1 Beach in North America. Dr. Stephen Leatherman, aka Dr. Beach, announced Caladesi Island State Park as having the best beach in America again in 2008.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant. Traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings: $21.95 adults $5.95 kids under 10. Our complete dinner menu is also available all day.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, named “One of America’s Top 10 Best Salads” by USA Today -- The only restaurant in Florida to be named. Whether you choose a table looking out onto the radiant blue waters of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Mediterranean dining room, or experience the casual atmosphere from our outdoor deck on the water, you can enjoy the cuisine that has consistently been voted Tampa Bay's Favorite. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (166)special occasion (131)great for outdoor dining (106)good for groups (79)fit for foodies (78)romantic (74)neighborhood gem (63)great for lunch (47)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (28)kid-friendly (27)hot spot (22)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014I went to the Columbia restaurant with my wife to celebrate our 20 anniversary, we really had a good time and a good view of the ocean. Food and service was excellent and will recommend this restaurant to all my friends. This is one of my favors places in the Tampa areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Good food, service and atmosphere. Parking is a challenge. This Columbia is similar in quality to the others in this small chain. Really liked dining on the deck next to the intercoastal.Special Features:
- Great FoodbigtimeeaterDined on 10/24/2014Great food and ambience...always meets their high standards...Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014I had read about this restaurant through one of my magazines and had saved it for our trip. When we were on our trip in Florida, I looked it up on Trip advisor to see what they had to say about this restaurant. I seen that it had a very high rating and so we made a reservation. We were not disappointed. This restaurant was beautiful inside and also had a wonderful outdoor dining area by the water. The staff and service were great and the food was outstanding! I would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family. If we are ever in the area, we will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exelente restauranbarbarita0259Dined on 10/18/2014Muy btodo muy limpio y muy buena atencion .marabilloso. buena atención y muy buena comida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experiencecharmaineVIPDined on 10/18/2014great food, good selection of items to choose from. server was very tentative. Overall great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/18/2014We always invite our visitors to experience an evening sitting on the Bay, dining at Columbia. Great view, terrific menu items ( all prepared to perfection ) and the finest service availableSpecial Features:
- OverallLuv2dineDined on 10/18/2014Atmosphere was wonderful, what a view. The service was good. Food was good a little pricey though. The imported sangria was wonderful. They make it at your table. We celebrated two birthdays and they came to our table and sang to us and treated us to flan which was good. The little store they have attached to the restaurant is cute with a lot of goodies you can buy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and views to matchRicanDined on 10/16/2014All the great food from the Columbia including the 1905 salad, Cuban bread and black bean soup plus amazing bay views. What is there not to like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect PompanoJonGaltDined on 10/16/2014Seems that most of our "special dinners" are at one of the Columbia locations more than any other Restaurant. After an appetizer of black bean cakes (gotta get this recipe),we reaffirmed our pleasure of once again having the pompano stuffed with crab meat and artichoke and baked in parchment paper. The fish was juicy and tender. The stuffing well portioned as an accent to the fish.The red sangria was as to be expected. Plenty of fruit, juice and wine in just the right combination. Our waiter was attentive, polite, and quick to respond to requests as the dinner progressed to a conclusion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice visitthg765VIPDined on 10/16/2014We were seated right away. Service was exceptional. Our only real disappointment was dry chicken and beef in two of four dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and wonderfulLea107Dined on 10/15/2014The extensive menu takes some time to read. You may want to view online prior to going. But the detail is well worth the reading. Columbia has amazing selections and start you off with fresh baked Cuban bread. I love Tapas and would like to order everyone of them to sample. Besides the great food, Paul, our server was extraordinary. Friendly, helpful, fast....you just want him to sit down and join you. Great night...we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed It!djdiner2Dined on 10/12/2014We had a wonderful time at The Colombian! Dining at your restaurant was a marvelous and memorable anniversary event for us. We had Sangria, the 1905 Salad, the Spanish Bean Soup, with crab cakes. Everything was delicious! The scenery over looking the Intercostal Water Way was beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceJustGetDessertDined on 10/12/2014Service was very, very slow even though the restaurant was empty - servers were just standing around - finally received our meal and it was very salty and I had to scrape the breading and under cooked, soggy bacon off of the shrimp (SHRIMP SUPREME), which left me with naked, tasteless shrimp. When the server finally came over asking how our meal was, I had already eaten 3 of the 5 naked shrimp and told him it was very salty with the breading and bacon on it. Offered another meal, but my dining partner was already done and I didn't feel like waiting another 1/2 hour for another meal. Very disappointed with the meal but the dessert was fabulous!Special Features:
- Perhaps the chef had a bad night?foodfrenzyDined on 10/11/2014This was my second time visiting Columbia restaurant. I remember my first experience being absolutely wonderful. The food was OUTSTANDING! This time however, I ordered the chicken, chorizo, peppers and onions ( I forget the name) and the chicken and chorizo was extremely well done. It was very difficult to chew. Our white sangria was delicious and the service was great, not to mention the lovely view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family dinnerfamilydinnersDined on 10/11/2014Good, attentive service. We had reservations and were seated on time. Great choices on the menu and were fed quickly. Everyone enjoyed themselves - no complaints and there were seven of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip this restaurant - tourist trapdineoutVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and dined here on Oct 11, 2014 for dinner. The service was painfully slow and our waitress would disappear for long periods of time. The food was beyond terrible. It was one of our worst dinners we've had at restaurants anywhere. Queso Fundido as appetizer - it was salty and bad tasting. Then my husband had Snapper Alicante and I had Arroz con Pollo. The Snapper dinner came with 2 fried shrimp and as other reviewers have commented, Shrimp tasted like bleach and very salty. The entire dish was way too salty to eat. Arroz con Pollo -it comes with wing and a thigh. Not much meat but the chicken was not as salty. The rice that came with it was salty and not good either. The quality of food is poor and service is even worse.
- Great foodIndydinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Awesome salad and snapper. Perfect service!! Wonderful water viewsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDugDugDined on 10/10/2014loved everything about this restaurant. The veal dish was outstanding as was the 1905 salad. Wait staff was excellent. Overall a great experience and would highly recommend to anyone in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Columbia, Gem of the BayBradandDeb33Dined on 10/10/2014Our Visit to the Columbia restaurant of sand Key was a evening to remember. The Columbia is a unique experience unto itself featuring a terrific view of Clearwater bay , A worldly menu with delectable Tapas and Entry's and Red sangria that mellows the evening into a worldly experience of Old Tampa's Spanish heritage. The service was just right allowing us the time we wanted to explore the menu and enjoy ourselves. Our food was delicious and vibrant. An Awesome experience all around.Special Features:
- Excellentluv2dineDined on 10/7/2014Food is always superb. Waiter was knowledgeable. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Mixed FeelingsAmandaVIPDined on 10/6/2014I made a reservation requesting a window/water view but decided on the patio last minute. I was disappointed with the patio because of their plastic (uncomfortable) chairs. I felt like I was at a crab shack. Not what I was expecting after walking through such a nice classy interior. I didn't asked to be moved because I didn't want to be a pest. We started with the albondigas and they were phenomenal! I had two other tapas for my entree. The fried shrimp tapa (cant remember the name) presentation was awful. Came on a small plate sitting on top for fried carrots. I had to ask the waiter what they were. The shrimp was way too salty. I ordered the Lobster Flatbread and that was way better however there was way too much sauce dressed on top.Special Features:
- Poor example of Cuban cuisine.HispanictravellerVIPDined on 10/5/2014Beat full restaurant and view but no food that could even come close. The black bean soup was the worst, no flavor and as much effort into the dish as it took to open a can of beans. My Canadian partner and I agree avoid unless you are looking for a sit down version of fast food.
- AmazingMeagDined on 10/5/2014We go here every time we are in Florida.... I need to find a place like this in NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We are frequent diners at Columbia. Thanks for a great experience.Special Features:
- NancyDined on 10/3/2014A funny part of my visit was i had a water front view and was able to see the patio where a bird scooped down and stole a customer's food which was the 1905 salad, that was funnySpecial Features:
- Cannot go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014The Columbia is a gem, the food is outstanding, wines moderately priced, try the house, "Rustys" red.Special Features:
- A Lovely Sunday AfternoonDKDinerDined on 9/28/2014My friend and I took advantage of outdoor dining. Nice breeze, lovely view, great food. What more could you ask for?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good priceBusinessdnrDined on 9/27/2014THis was not our first time there, but the food and service have always been excellent. This was a business dinner, and it went over very well. the only thing we didn't consider was the noise level. There really isn't much to absorb the sound, so it tends to be loud. Still, it was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysBobinClearwaterDined on 9/27/2014The food here is consistently good as is the service. Can't beat the bread and the sangria, either! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyDisappointedDined on 9/27/2014Went for lunch and left starving. Lunch menu has dinner prices with appetizer portions. Tried sitting on patio and was bitten by mosquitos. Birds ate left overs from plates that were unattended. Disappointed because was considering a wedding reception here.Special Features:
- Disappointed in ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The server didn't seem very engaged with our table. He didn't smile much, answered the questions we had, however, almost as if "he had to". Customer experience is very important, the service, the atmosphere and the food all play into that. If I am spending money to eat out at a high end restaurant I expect good service. It was my son's birthday and I must say it was disappointing. Interstingly enough most of the guest at my table felt the same way. Yohan was our server. However, it doesn't matter who it was, as much as consistency.Special Features:
- Great FindSuzyJDined on 9/24/2014Had a tasty meal and a great bottle of wine with my hubby, son and his girlfriend. I enjoyed the local fish dish. My son had strips of beef. And hubby and my sons girlfriend had shrimp. I thought that they were covered in a little too much batter but they enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningSeafoodluvr14Dined on 9/22/2014My wife and I dined there to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary everything was perfect from the time we walked through the door. I had requested a table near a window and the flowers I ordered were waiting on the table for my wife. Our server took excellent care of us and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great venueNancyvDined on 9/21/2014You could not beat the ambiance at this restaurant. White table cloths, glass domed ceilings, really nice bar. They also have an outside area overlooking the water. Their 1905 salad is awesome and unique. Everyone enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- skiase2Dined on 9/20/2014Always a nice night out, our table was a little crowded for 8, more suited for 6, wait staff seem a little more rushed than the norm, almost like let me just get the job done and no time to explain menu or the history, etc of the resturant.Special Features:
- Nice anniversary dinnerAndyDined on 9/20/2014My spouse and I really enjoyed our anniversary dinner. We were seated promptly per our reservation, our server was pleasant and efficient, and the paella was delicious. The large room and several large groups create a family scene more than a romantic setting. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- malta1159Dined on 9/20/2014Great atmosphere great food a great place to go out for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingDined on 9/20/2014I brought friends from Illinois and they were very impressed with the food, view, service and ambiance. It was a wonderful evening. They both appreciated the donation option also.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!amazingDined on 9/19/2014Interesting history of the restaurant , the oldest one in the area. Gorgeous family photos (6 generations) included in the beautiful decor. Fabulous, fabulous food. Great service. Loved it!Special Features: