Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
1241 Gulf Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33767Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7275968400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Daily 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups, we offer areas to host your rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, party, or group event. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our waterfront Mediterranean-style dining room is filled with hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Lee Michaud 7275968400
- Entertainment: After your meal, stroll the boardwalk along the Intracoastal waterway behind The Columbia that connects to the Shoppes on Sand Key. Be sure to make time for a visit to Caladesi Island, home of the #1 Beach in North America. Dr. Stephen Leatherman, aka Dr. Beach, announced Caladesi Island State Park as having the best beach in America again in 2008.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant. Traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings: $21.95 adults $5.95 kids under 10. Our complete dinner menu is also available all day.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, named “One of America’s Top 10 Best Salads” by USA Today -- The only restaurant in Florida to be named. Whether you choose a table looking out onto the radiant blue waters of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Mediterranean dining room, or experience the casual atmosphere from our outdoor deck on the water, you can enjoy the cuisine that has consistently been voted Tampa Bay's Favorite. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (179)special occasion (131)great for outdoor dining (124)fit for foodies (87)good for groups (87)romantic (82)neighborhood gem (64)great for lunch (58)kid-friendly (41)notable wine list (40)great for brunch (35)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)Show More
- The Columbia @ Sandkey, ClearwaterPeggyODined on 9/6/2014What a lovely place to sit by the water, sip cocktails, eat fabulous food and catch up with old friends!Special Features:
- ColumbiahallistarDined on 9/5/2014the food was as good as I remembered. Their 1905 salad is a must have. The food is fresh and authentic. You will enjoy it.Special Features:
- Very disappointedWantedtoluvitDined on 9/5/2014Went to this Columbia location for the first time and was very let down with the quality of the food. I ordered their famous paella the seafood in it was not fresh it smelled and tasted "fishy" a sign of frozen or not fresh seafood. My husband ordered an aged steak and it was tender but had little to no seasoning on it except a smear of garlic butter on the top. We only had these two meals but with the reputation this resturant has I felt it is highly overrated.Special Features:
- Love this restaurantjenlozoeDined on 9/3/2014Love the service and so many wonderful choices for all types if eaters.Special Features:
- Very Nice PlaceSeasideDined on 9/2/2014My girlfriend and I went to the Colombia on a Tuesday evening and had a very nice time, everything was very good to outstanding, we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful setting on Clearwater BaySharonaDined on 9/1/2014This is a true gourmet Cuban restaurant. The food and service are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- senic viewdookieDined on 9/1/2014Food better than we expected,very pleasant experience will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Consistently good dining experienceTime2eatDined on 8/31/2014We dine here probably 6 to 8 times per year (it's an hours' drive for us) and the food is always good. We dine both at dinner and at lunch, often with friends and family. It's definitely worth the drive. Our only complaint that it is often very warm in the restaurant (the indoor area). On this most recent evening it was, again, quite warm and the friends we were with opted to leave without coffee/dessert due to being hot -- and we were all dressed in summer attire. Wish they could keep it cooler inside!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Been there about 6-7 times and it gets better every time. Great customer service great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the one in St. AugustineBigDawg65Dined on 8/30/2014Very noisy in the restaurant, we were sat next to a very large group and I am not sure why they could have not seated us in a more quiet location. There were plenty of seats available, even in the bar area. Waitress seemed too busy for us most of the time and was very hard to get her attention. Food was good but felt like it had been sitting for awhile before it was delivered to our table. We have eaten at many of the Columbia restaurants and it is always great. This one not so much.....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday disappointmentoverseer60Dined on 8/30/2014Planned a big night with my family for my birthday at the Columbia, but it was a very disappointing visit. Our server seemed distracted and bored and consistently passed things over our guests' heads or to my husband to hand out. When we asked for a water refill, he rudely handed my son a pitcher. As a former fine dining manager, I was appalled at this poor service in a restaurant that is known for its level of class. Further, the food was fat below the standard that I expect of the Columbia. My daughter in law and I got tapas that were tepid at best. The mussels were mostly shell, 3 completely empty and the other few nearly micrsocopic. My husband got a dinner Caesar salad that was limp and the size of a chain restaurant's side salad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service was great so was the food & cocktails! Great menu with an array of choices that include the heart of Spanish cuisine. The queso fundido is a bit different though, not the usual baked mets &/or cheese..it's marinara based.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Place to DineDisneyMomma87Dined on 8/29/2014The Columbia location on Sand Key is AMAZING! It doesn't matter if we eat there as a family or as a large group, we always have great service and the food is prepared just the way we like it :). The menu has something for everyone on it! Seafood, Pork, Beef, and Chicken. Our family favorites are: Marilyn & Joe Salteado, Mahi Mahi Cayo Hueso, Pollo Manchego and Paella Campesina. It is a hidden gem in Clearwater. If you want a special experience, try to book around sunset and request to sit outside so you can see the dolphins in the inter coastal waterway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun experiencePickyVIPDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant has a Latin flair. We were immediately served hot white bread, that they call Cuban bread. I had a great tomato-onion salad, black bean cakes and the lunch special, which was salmon topped with tomatoes, manchego cheese, and cooked in white wine broth. The meal was delicious! The weak spot in the restaurant are the mundane soft drinks. They use a fountain pink lemonade in the Arnold Palmer tea, which was gross. Also, birds, (like sparrows), fly freely through the place, which seems dirty and is unsettling. The view is amazing, and despite the aforementioned problems, I will return. They also sell charming earthenware, decorated in Spanish style. It's beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner datePHfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Great atmosphere... My husbands steak was great mine not so much. Great sangria and the service was ok. I have had better dinners at the Columbia in YborSpecial Features:
- satisfyingmartieVIPDined on 8/21/2014I was pleased when I visited this restaurant, which was exactly what was described when I made the reservation. The menu had a wide choice of Latin foods. I tried the special lunch of the day, fried rice with many meats and seafoods, covered with peas, and followed with a tasty chocolate flan. The view of the bay off Sand Key was wonderful, and the outside tables were promising for a day with more moderate weather. This is an ideal place for families or business people, more comfort food than gourmet.Special Features:
- FOOD CONSISTENTLY GOODfjrgDined on 8/18/2014Have been to this location, as well as the location in Celebration, Florida. Have always found the service excellent and the food delicious. A great place for a quality dining experience.Special Features:
- Historically great for a reasonJPB62Dined on 8/18/2014A visit to the Columbia is a trip and peek into the history of the city of Tampa and the bay area in itself. The decor and surroundings say "Ybor City, 1905" and the generations that followed the originals who opened back then have kept true to the great food and experience. The "1905 salad" and sangrias are a must; you won't find it like this anywhere else. And the entrees, from the simplest picadillo to the stuffed grouper, are outstanding. We look for "occasions" to go to the Columbia, and often just end up saying "just because". It's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and more....MyriamDined on 8/16/2014This is our third time at a Columbia Restaurant, the first visit was in St. Augustine, the other 2 visits in Sandkey. We love the location, the valet service, the view, the interior, the bar-area and most important, the authentic tapas. We celebrated our anniversary and our waiter was Juan. Great service, very professional but above-all, very kind and he took the time to talk to us! Kudos to Juan. Kudos to the restaurant. Meanwhile, we have featured this restaurant in our newsletter (property management and real estate) so other people will enjoy Columbia. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 68PEPINUCHO04Dined on 8/15/2014FOOD EXCELLENT SERVICE EXCELLENT AMBIENT EXCELLENT OVERALL EXCELLENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014This is not Michelin 4-star of dining but truly "tasty" authetic Cuban cuisine with very attentive servers ... Simply a good experience.Special Features:
- Charming and authenticgr8celebrationDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I were visiting Clearwater Beach to celebrate her birthday. I booked a table on line and couldn't have been more pleased. They gave me just what I had asked for and we had a great meal with a spectacular view. The service was perfect and the surprise birthday serenade with dessert made for a very memorable evening. Thanks, we will visit Columbia Restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The service received was poor. The waiting staff rushed their dealings with us, did not check in frequently enough, and took over an hour to take our entree order. The food itself was well cooked, but under seasoned and lacked special touches.Special Features:
- Love the food!!LovetheColumbiaDined on 8/10/2014When ever we go on vacation in Florida we look for a Columbia Restaurant. Our whole family loves the Columbia and their food! The atmosphere is great as well -- kid friendly but also great for adult evenings out. Thanks Columbia!Special Features:
- Night at ColumbiaMagooDined on 8/10/2014The view at the restaurant was quite nice. That is the only thing I actually liked about it. The waiter was not very friendly. He tried but he did not seem to interested in us overall. The salad was whittled and the menu was very confusing as each item has a paragraph description about the item and quite honestly it was too much to figure out. The waiter did not have anything to add than just read from the menu. I was quite disappointed. I will likely never go there again.Special Features:
- Great DiningTampa2someDined on 8/10/2014This was our 2nd visit and I have to say it was every bit as good as the 1st time. In addition to the food, which was outstanding, one of the things I enjoy is the several varieties of Sangria that they have. My wife had the cantalonni with shrimp, lobster and crab. Her description is "it was incredible". I had the locally caught grouper, grilled to perfection. The portions are very generous so much so that neither of us had room for dessert. The only downside is the noise level is on the high side probably due to the decor which is predominately tile and wood. Definitely will be doing another visit in the not to distant future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunch at the ColumbiaGearoidinVIPDined on 8/10/2014We've been to the Columbia Sand Key several times before, but never for lunch. Quieter than dinner time, got a great table (inside but with a water view). Food and service both great. We shared their signature salad, a very tasty clam starter, and a main course... forget the name but it was delicious. A relaxing Sunday lunch experience. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good Spanish food.Unionguy1Dined on 8/8/2014We were traveling to Florida and stopped in Clearwater overnight. The restaurant was very close to the hotel, which was very convienemt. The food was very good, tasty and good size portions. We both had a variety of Tapas and it was flavorful and good. I would recommend the Columbia to amyone. The waiter was excellent. He was very friendly and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place To DineTheFernandinaVillagerDined on 8/4/2014The restaurant's decor provided an excellent atmosphere in which to enjoy the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- speakingfranklyDined on 8/2/2014Each visit to a Columbia has been a pleasure. This one met expectations and more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Seated at a corner table close to server entrance. Kept getting bumped by servers on a busy night. Will never allow to be seated there again. Columbia is usually a sure bet for great food and service, but this night service was a bit hurried. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of CubaRandaddyDined on 8/1/2014A hidden gem on the Sandkey coast. Columbia Restaurant was introduced to us back in May and we were impressed. This week (8/1/14) I took a business associate there for my second visit. Amazing!! During our first visit I had the Paella A la Valenciana and this visit the Stuffed Grouper. My significant other had the fillet both time and I'll have to say it was all off the hook. What ever you choose, make sure to get the 1905 salad. Made table side and guaranteed to satisfy. Food, service, atmosphere...Columbia Restaurant has it all...at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014The Atmosphere and food were excellent as always! The white table linens add to the ambiance. Enjoyable experience, I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always GreatCharlesDined on 7/30/2014Have dined at all locations except Tampa Airport. It would be hard pressed to single out just one location as best. The one thing they all have is they are all as great as the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time...the best!GenineDined on 7/27/2014What a big surprise................a beautiful place, great service...............and just the way restaurants used to be when Service and class was king!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ultimate ExperienceMelodyDined on 7/26/2014Thank you so much for a lovely evening at the Colombia - Sand Key. My reservation request were all met...window table and sat promptly at 6:30 which I am truly grateful. This was an anniversary celebration and we couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- I love this place!StevenKaleDined on 7/26/2014My mother and I drove down to the beach from the Tampa area specifically to have lunch at this location. We're old fans of the original restaurant in Ybor City. The Sarasota location did not disappoint. We arrived later than our OpenTable reservation but were seated immediately at a nice table with a great ocean view. The menu was familiar to us so we jumped right in. Mom had the "Famous 1905 salad" w/marinated shrimp and I ordered grouper with yellow rice; the food was just as good or better than Ybor City. Our waiter was engaging and attentive. Add for a glass or Sangria for her and an ice tea for me and we were out at $55. A little pricey for lunch but it was well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMaryDined on 7/25/2014I took my sister to Columbia for her birthday. We loved the food! The atmosphere was great too. A little trouble with the waiter but nothing that would keep me from going back. I really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Dining MustpatricksboatDined on 7/25/2014Start with the salad then choose assorted Tapas. Fantastic!Special Features:
- TOOK FRIENDS FOR FIRST TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I HAVE BEEN TO THE COLUMBIA RESTAURANT A FEW TIMES AND THE FOOD AND SERVICE IS EXCELLANT. I TOOK FRIENDS THAT HAD NEVER BEEN TO ANY OF THE COLUMBIA RESTAURANTS AND THOUGHT THE FOOD AND SERVICE WAS JUST GREAT.THEY ALSO WAS INPRES WITH THE DECOR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.