Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
1241 Gulf Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33767Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7275968400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Daily 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups, we offer areas to host your rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, party, or group event. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our waterfront Mediterranean-style dining room is filled with hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Lee Michaud 7275968400
- Entertainment: After your meal, stroll the boardwalk along the Intracoastal waterway behind The Columbia that connects to the Shoppes on Sand Key. Be sure to make time for a visit to Caladesi Island, home of the #1 Beach in North America. Dr. Stephen Leatherman, aka Dr. Beach, announced Caladesi Island State Park as having the best beach in America again in 2008.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant. Traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings: $21.95 adults $5.95 kids under 10. Our complete dinner menu is also available all day.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, named “One of America’s Top 10 Best Salads” by USA Today -- The only restaurant in Florida to be named. Whether you choose a table looking out onto the radiant blue waters of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Mediterranean dining room, or experience the casual atmosphere from our outdoor deck on the water, you can enjoy the cuisine that has consistently been voted Tampa Bay's Favorite. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (221)special occasion (166)great for outdoor dining (164)good for groups (108)romantic (107)fit for foodies (101)neighborhood gem (77)great for lunch (75)notable wine list (52)kid-friendly (48)great for brunch (44)hot spot (37)vibrant bar scene (22)late-night find (18)Show More
- Historically great for a reasonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014A visit to the Columbia is a trip and peek into the history of the city of Tampa and the bay area in itself. The decor and surroundings say "Ybor City, 1905" and the generations that followed the originals who opened back then have kept true to the great food and experience. The "1905 salad" and sangrias are a must; you won't find it like this anywhere else. And the entrees, from the simplest picadillo to the stuffed grouper, are outstanding. We look for "occasions" to go to the Columbia, and often just end up saying "just because". It's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and more....OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This is our third time at a Columbia Restaurant, the first visit was in St. Augustine, the other 2 visits in Sandkey. We love the location, the valet service, the view, the interior, the bar-area and most important, the authentic tapas. We celebrated our anniversary and our waiter was Juan. Great service, very professional but above-all, very kind and he took the time to talk to us! Kudos to Juan. Kudos to the restaurant. Meanwhile, we have featured this restaurant in our newsletter (property management and real estate) so other people will enjoy Columbia. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 68PEPINUCHO04Dined on 8/15/2014FOOD EXCELLENT SERVICE EXCELLENT AMBIENT EXCELLENT OVERALL EXCELLENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014This is not Michelin 4-star of dining but truly "tasty" authetic Cuban cuisine with very attentive servers ... Simply a good experience.Special Features:
- Charming and authenticgr8celebrationDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I were visiting Clearwater Beach to celebrate her birthday. I booked a table on line and couldn't have been more pleased. They gave me just what I had asked for and we had a great meal with a spectacular view. The service was perfect and the surprise birthday serenade with dessert made for a very memorable evening. Thanks, we will visit Columbia Restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The service received was poor. The waiting staff rushed their dealings with us, did not check in frequently enough, and took over an hour to take our entree order. The food itself was well cooked, but under seasoned and lacked special touches.Special Features:
- Love the food!!LovetheColumbiaDined on 8/10/2014When ever we go on vacation in Florida we look for a Columbia Restaurant. Our whole family loves the Columbia and their food! The atmosphere is great as well -- kid friendly but also great for adult evenings out. Thanks Columbia!Special Features:
- Night at ColumbiaMagooDined on 8/10/2014The view at the restaurant was quite nice. That is the only thing I actually liked about it. The waiter was not very friendly. He tried but he did not seem to interested in us overall. The salad was whittled and the menu was very confusing as each item has a paragraph description about the item and quite honestly it was too much to figure out. The waiter did not have anything to add than just read from the menu. I was quite disappointed. I will likely never go there again.Special Features:
- Great DiningTampa2someDined on 8/10/2014This was our 2nd visit and I have to say it was every bit as good as the 1st time. In addition to the food, which was outstanding, one of the things I enjoy is the several varieties of Sangria that they have. My wife had the cantalonni with shrimp, lobster and crab. Her description is "it was incredible". I had the locally caught grouper, grilled to perfection. The portions are very generous so much so that neither of us had room for dessert. The only downside is the noise level is on the high side probably due to the decor which is predominately tile and wood. Definitely will be doing another visit in the not to distant future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunch at the ColumbiaGearoidinVIPDined on 8/10/2014We've been to the Columbia Sand Key several times before, but never for lunch. Quieter than dinner time, got a great table (inside but with a water view). Food and service both great. We shared their signature salad, a very tasty clam starter, and a main course... forget the name but it was delicious. A relaxing Sunday lunch experience. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Good Spanish food.Unionguy1Dined on 8/8/2014We were traveling to Florida and stopped in Clearwater overnight. The restaurant was very close to the hotel, which was very convienemt. The food was very good, tasty and good size portions. We both had a variety of Tapas and it was flavorful and good. I would recommend the Columbia to amyone. The waiter was excellent. He was very friendly and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place To DineTheFernandinaVillagerDined on 8/4/2014The restaurant's decor provided an excellent atmosphere in which to enjoy the great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- speakingfranklyDined on 8/2/2014Each visit to a Columbia has been a pleasure. This one met expectations and more.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Seated at a corner table close to server entrance. Kept getting bumped by servers on a busy night. Will never allow to be seated there again. Columbia is usually a sure bet for great food and service, but this night service was a bit hurried. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Taste of CubaRandaddyDined on 8/1/2014A hidden gem on the Sandkey coast. Columbia Restaurant was introduced to us back in May and we were impressed. This week (8/1/14) I took a business associate there for my second visit. Amazing!! During our first visit I had the Paella A la Valenciana and this visit the Stuffed Grouper. My significant other had the fillet both time and I'll have to say it was all off the hook. What ever you choose, make sure to get the 1905 salad. Made table side and guaranteed to satisfy. Food, service, atmosphere...Columbia Restaurant has it all...at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/31/2014The Atmosphere and food were excellent as always! The white table linens add to the ambiance. Enjoyable experience, I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Always GreatCharlesDined on 7/30/2014Have dined at all locations except Tampa Airport. It would be hard pressed to single out just one location as best. The one thing they all have is they are all as great as the others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time...the best!GenineDined on 7/27/2014What a big surprise................a beautiful place, great service...............and just the way restaurants used to be when Service and class was king!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ultimate ExperienceMelodyDined on 7/26/2014Thank you so much for a lovely evening at the Colombia - Sand Key. My reservation request were all met...window table and sat promptly at 6:30 which I am truly grateful. This was an anniversary celebration and we couldn't have asked for a better dining experience. The food was delicious and the service was outstanding!Special Features:
- I love this place!StevenKaleDined on 7/26/2014My mother and I drove down to the beach from the Tampa area specifically to have lunch at this location. We're old fans of the original restaurant in Ybor City. The Sarasota location did not disappoint. We arrived later than our OpenTable reservation but were seated immediately at a nice table with a great ocean view. The menu was familiar to us so we jumped right in. Mom had the "Famous 1905 salad" w/marinated shrimp and I ordered grouper with yellow rice; the food was just as good or better than Ybor City. Our waiter was engaging and attentive. Add for a glass or Sangria for her and an ice tea for me and we were out at $55. A little pricey for lunch but it was well worth the trip.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerMaryDined on 7/25/2014I took my sister to Columbia for her birthday. We loved the food! The atmosphere was great too. A little trouble with the waiter but nothing that would keep me from going back. I really enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fine Dining MustpatricksboatDined on 7/25/2014Start with the salad then choose assorted Tapas. Fantastic!Special Features:
- TOOK FRIENDS FOR FIRST TIMEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/21/2014I HAVE BEEN TO THE COLUMBIA RESTAURANT A FEW TIMES AND THE FOOD AND SERVICE IS EXCELLANT. I TOOK FRIENDS THAT HAD NEVER BEEN TO ANY OF THE COLUMBIA RESTAURANTS AND THOUGHT THE FOOD AND SERVICE WAS JUST GREAT.THEY ALSO WAS INPRES WITH THE DECOR.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad experienceGreatDined on 7/20/2014Columbia Sand Key is my favorite place on teh water, however, my most recent visit was not good. Waited 15 minutes for a waiter. Finally stopped one walking by and complained. Seems our waiter had a big table and could not get to us. Since they just opened, many waiters were standing around just waiting for diners? So.........different waiter shows up. Salad (1905) was as good as always, but wrong entree shows up! Not what we ordered (Filet Salteado not baked fish).. No problem says waiter - we will correct mistake (waiter entered wrong I.D. number I was told). Correct order shows up and it is burnt on outside and cold inside (fish). Kitchen tried to rush order I suppose. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Great FindGidgeDined on 7/19/2014We first went to The Columbia in St Augustine when we were looking for a late evening meal and it was one of the few restaurants still serving. What a great experience it was!! We now consider our "local" Columbia on Sand Key to be our go to place for romantic date nights or special occasions and of course we always make a point to visit the one in St Augustine when we are there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedFoodDined on 7/19/2014The food was absolutely delicious however the service was SLOW SLOW SLOW. We had made reservations through open table to celebrate our daughter's 15th birthday. I was hoping that this would be special for her. Nothing was said, song or brought to her for her birthday.Special Features:
- QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The steak had a strong taste of Bourbon. The 1902 salad was drenched in salad dressing. Much poorer quality than I am accustomed to seeing at ColumbiaSpecial Features:
- Simply Deliciousglenn4sterDined on 7/19/2014Took the family for my mothers birthday. Everything was fantastic. I had the Pollo Manchego. It may have been the best restaurant meal I've had in a year!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Every dish there is delicious. The mahi mahi is incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and great foodRogerDined on 7/18/2014We have been to the Columbia three times - all were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-NotchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014My husband and I both ordered streaks - medium. Our steaks both came overcooked. We would not have said anything, but the manager stopped by and asked how everything was, so we told him. Before we knew it, we had new steaks prepared perfectly! We were also given dessert "on the house" for the inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome restaurant!Jake122683Dined on 7/17/2014We came to the Clearwater location for our anniversary and our vacation. We loved it so much we went back a couple nights later. The drinks were awesome and the food was some of the best I've had. I am a cigarian and loved purchasing some of their handmade cigars and other merchandise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FishRickPDined on 7/17/2014This was our first visit to any of the Columbia locations. I give the restaurant four stars primarily on the strength of the food. The Snapper Alicante was absolutely delicious, as were the stuffed Piquillo peppers and the empanada from the Tapas menu. The only drawback was the service: it took a good 15 minutes after being seated before a waiter showed up, and he was mostly neglectful through our meal (seemed to be paying more attention to a table of female diners). He evidently knew this to be the case, as he brought us a complimentary flan (to make up for the fact that we had to wait so long at the beginning of the meal). He then ignored us again for a time as he continued to engage the other, more interesting table. Oh well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Columbia Restaurant Clearwater, FLfldreamindinerDined on 7/16/2014The food was delicious! The servings were quite large, so we did ask to bring home some of our order. The menu has a vast number of Cuban entrée selections Be sure to try the flan for dessert! The décor is very bright and cheerful. Our waiter was particularly friendly and attentive. We enjoy the view of Clearwater Bay whenever we eat at this restaurant. We did ask for window seats when we reserved the time, but there were none available when we arrived, however the bay is easily viewed from all table locations. Would recommend the Columbia Restaurant Sand Key to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Slow service.CynthiaDined on 7/14/2014I've been to a couple columbia restaurants. All are very nice atmosphere and great food. This particular one at sandkey beach had slow service. The waiter we had was old and hard of hearing. He kept repeated back the wrong order and then running off. We had to track him down a few times to get it corrected before they served our food. I'll go back there but request a different if I get him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placealdeDined on 7/12/2014The food was quite good and so was the service Grouper Bilbao was excellent and the pompano en papillot brought back many memories We'll go back soon to try other treatsSpecial Features:
- Always enjoy!Missy67Dined on 7/12/2014The columbia has become a place we must eat at every time we come to tampa... the delicious white sangria, empanadas (yum), and the great choices of food....something for everyone. Save room for dessert....the churro s (with 3 dipping sauces)are a favorite but its so hard to make a choice the flan and bread pudding are to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnDinewJohnDined on 7/12/2014Fantastic Tampanian and traditional Cuban food. Quality food, professional service, great restaurant. The location doesn't have the same charm as Ybor City though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great saladMarathonWoman1Dined on 7/9/2014The menu is large but we go for the 1905 salad and Cuban bread. Lovely atmosphere. This has become a regular place for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerRapunzelDined on 7/7/2014We absolutely LOVE the Columbia Restaurant. The food is always first class, the service is impeccable and the atmosphere is really nice, especially with the view of the water. This is our go to FAVORITE restaurant and we visit frequently. Don't miss this gem on the beach. You definitely have to try the Columbia. You will not regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.