Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
1241 Gulf Blvd
Clearwater, FL 33767Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7275968400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Daily 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban, Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For groups, we offer areas to host your rehearsal dinner, wedding reception, party, or group event. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our waterfront Mediterranean-style dining room is filled with hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Lee Michaud 7275968400
- Entertainment: After your meal, stroll the boardwalk along the Intracoastal waterway behind The Columbia that connects to the Shoppes on Sand Key. Be sure to make time for a visit to Caladesi Island, home of the #1 Beach in North America. Dr. Stephen Leatherman, aka Dr. Beach, announced Caladesi Island State Park as having the best beach in America again in 2008.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant. Traditional Thanksgiving meal with all the trimmings: $21.95 adults $5.95 kids under 10. Our complete dinner menu is also available all day.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - SandKey
Waterfront dining at its finest! Family-owned & operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm & award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine & wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," & fresh seafood specialties. Sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, named “One of America’s Top 10 Best Salads” by USA Today -- The only restaurant in Florida to be named. Whether you choose a table looking out onto the radiant blue waters of the Intracoastal Waterway from the Mediterranean dining room, or experience the casual atmosphere from our outdoor deck on the water, you can enjoy the cuisine that has consistently been voted Tampa Bay's Favorite. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey - Best Restaurants in Clearwater ›
Columbia Restaurant - SandKey reviews from OpenTable diners
230 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (193)special occasion (143)great for outdoor dining (133)good for groups (95)fit for foodies (92)romantic (89)neighborhood gem (68)great for lunch (62)notable wine list (44)kid-friendly (40)great for brunch (36)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)Show More
- Cannot go wrongOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/28/2014The Columbia is a gem, the food is outstanding, wines moderately priced, try the house, "Rustys" red.Special Features:
- A Lovely Sunday AfternoonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014My friend and I took advantage of outdoor dining. Nice breeze, lovely view, great food. What more could you ask for?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food at a good priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014THis was not our first time there, but the food and service have always been excellent. This was a business dinner, and it went over very well. the only thing we didn't consider was the noise level. There really isn't much to absorb the sound, so it tends to be loud. Still, it was a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysBobinClearwaterDined on 9/27/2014The food here is consistently good as is the service. Can't beat the bread and the sangria, either! We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/27/2014Went for lunch and left starving. Lunch menu has dinner prices with appetizer portions. Tried sitting on patio and was bitten by mosquitos. Birds ate left overs from plates that were unattended. Disappointed because was considering a wedding reception here.Special Features:
- Disappointed in ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The server didn't seem very engaged with our table. He didn't smile much, answered the questions we had, however, almost as if "he had to". Customer experience is very important, the service, the atmosphere and the food all play into that. If I am spending money to eat out at a high end restaurant I expect good service. It was my son's birthday and I must say it was disappointing. Interstingly enough most of the guest at my table felt the same way. Yohan was our server. However, it doesn't matter who it was, as much as consistency.Special Features:
- Great FindSuzyJDined on 9/24/2014Had a tasty meal and a great bottle of wine with my hubby, son and his girlfriend. I enjoyed the local fish dish. My son had strips of beef. And hubby and my sons girlfriend had shrimp. I thought that they were covered in a little too much batter but they enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningSeafoodluvr14Dined on 9/22/2014My wife and I dined there to celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary everything was perfect from the time we walked through the door. I had requested a table near a window and the flowers I ordered were waiting on the table for my wife. Our server took excellent care of us and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great venueNancyvDined on 9/21/2014You could not beat the ambiance at this restaurant. White table cloths, glass domed ceilings, really nice bar. They also have an outside area overlooking the water. Their 1905 salad is awesome and unique. Everyone enjoyed the dinner.Special Features:
- Nice anniversary dinnerAndyDined on 9/20/2014My spouse and I really enjoyed our anniversary dinner. We were seated promptly per our reservation, our server was pleasant and efficient, and the paella was delicious. The large room and several large groups create a family scene more than a romantic setting. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:
- malta1159Dined on 9/20/2014Great atmosphere great food a great place to go out for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThanksgivingDined on 9/20/2014I brought friends from Illinois and they were very impressed with the food, view, service and ambiance. It was a wonderful evening. They both appreciated the donation option also.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food!amazingDined on 9/19/2014Interesting history of the restaurant , the oldest one in the area. Gorgeous family photos (6 generations) included in the beautiful decor. Fabulous, fabulous food. Great service. Loved it!Special Features:
- The Columbia @ Sandkey, ClearwaterPeggyODined on 9/6/2014What a lovely place to sit by the water, sip cocktails, eat fabulous food and catch up with old friends!Special Features:
- ColumbiahallistarDined on 9/5/2014the food was as good as I remembered. Their 1905 salad is a must have. The food is fresh and authentic. You will enjoy it.Special Features:
- Very disappointedWantedtoluvitDined on 9/5/2014Went to this Columbia location for the first time and was very let down with the quality of the food. I ordered their famous paella the seafood in it was not fresh it smelled and tasted "fishy" a sign of frozen or not fresh seafood. My husband ordered an aged steak and it was tender but had little to no seasoning on it except a smear of garlic butter on the top. We only had these two meals but with the reputation this resturant has I felt it is highly overrated.Special Features:
- We'll Be Back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/3/2014We've been coming to Clearwater for 13 years & have always intended to book at Columbia but for some reason never got around to it - more fool us!! It was fantastic, location, decor, food, service, it really does have it all. Everything felt & tasted authentic & the care & attention put into the pristine white tablecloths & sparkling glasses really lade such a difference. Can't wait to go back next time we're in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantjenlozoeDined on 9/3/2014Love the service and so many wonderful choices for all types if eaters.Special Features:
- Very Nice PlaceSeasideDined on 9/2/2014My girlfriend and I went to the Colombia on a Tuesday evening and had a very nice time, everything was very good to outstanding, we will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful setting on Clearwater BaySharonaDined on 9/1/2014This is a true gourmet Cuban restaurant. The food and service are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- senic viewdookieDined on 9/1/2014Food better than we expected,very pleasant experience will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Consistently good dining experienceTime2eatDined on 8/31/2014We dine here probably 6 to 8 times per year (it's an hours' drive for us) and the food is always good. We dine both at dinner and at lunch, often with friends and family. It's definitely worth the drive. Our only complaint that it is often very warm in the restaurant (the indoor area). On this most recent evening it was, again, quite warm and the friends we were with opted to leave without coffee/dessert due to being hot -- and we were all dressed in summer attire. Wish they could keep it cooler inside!Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Been there about 6-7 times and it gets better every time. Great customer service great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I like the one in St. AugustineBigDawg65Dined on 8/30/2014Very noisy in the restaurant, we were sat next to a very large group and I am not sure why they could have not seated us in a more quiet location. There were plenty of seats available, even in the bar area. Waitress seemed too busy for us most of the time and was very hard to get her attention. Food was good but felt like it had been sitting for awhile before it was delivered to our table. We have eaten at many of the Columbia restaurants and it is always great. This one not so much.....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday disappointmentoverseer60Dined on 8/30/2014Planned a big night with my family for my birthday at the Columbia, but it was a very disappointing visit. Our server seemed distracted and bored and consistently passed things over our guests' heads or to my husband to hand out. When we asked for a water refill, he rudely handed my son a pitcher. As a former fine dining manager, I was appalled at this poor service in a restaurant that is known for its level of class. Further, the food was fat below the standard that I expect of the Columbia. My daughter in law and I got tapas that were tepid at best. The mussels were mostly shell, 3 completely empty and the other few nearly micrsocopic. My husband got a dinner Caesar salad that was limp and the size of a chain restaurant's side salad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Service was great so was the food & cocktails! Great menu with an array of choices that include the heart of Spanish cuisine. The queso fundido is a bit different though, not the usual baked mets &/or cheese..it's marinara based.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Place to DineDisneyMomma87Dined on 8/29/2014The Columbia location on Sand Key is AMAZING! It doesn't matter if we eat there as a family or as a large group, we always have great service and the food is prepared just the way we like it :). The menu has something for everyone on it! Seafood, Pork, Beef, and Chicken. Our family favorites are: Marilyn & Joe Salteado, Mahi Mahi Cayo Hueso, Pollo Manchego and Paella Campesina. It is a hidden gem in Clearwater. If you want a special experience, try to book around sunset and request to sit outside so you can see the dolphins in the inter coastal waterway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun experiencePickyVIPDined on 8/26/2014This restaurant has a Latin flair. We were immediately served hot white bread, that they call Cuban bread. I had a great tomato-onion salad, black bean cakes and the lunch special, which was salmon topped with tomatoes, manchego cheese, and cooked in white wine broth. The meal was delicious! The weak spot in the restaurant are the mundane soft drinks. They use a fountain pink lemonade in the Arnold Palmer tea, which was gross. Also, birds, (like sparrows), fly freely through the place, which seems dirty and is unsettling. The view is amazing, and despite the aforementioned problems, I will return. They also sell charming earthenware, decorated in Spanish style. It's beautiful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner datePHfoodieDined on 8/22/2014Great atmosphere... My husbands steak was great mine not so much. Great sangria and the service was ok. I have had better dinners at the Columbia in YborSpecial Features:
- satisfyingmartieVIPDined on 8/21/2014I was pleased when I visited this restaurant, which was exactly what was described when I made the reservation. The menu had a wide choice of Latin foods. I tried the special lunch of the day, fried rice with many meats and seafoods, covered with peas, and followed with a tasty chocolate flan. The view of the bay off Sand Key was wonderful, and the outside tables were promising for a day with more moderate weather. This is an ideal place for families or business people, more comfort food than gourmet.Special Features:
- FOOD CONSISTENTLY GOODfjrgDined on 8/18/2014Have been to this location, as well as the location in Celebration, Florida. Have always found the service excellent and the food delicious. A great place for a quality dining experience.Special Features:
- Historically great for a reasonJPB62Dined on 8/18/2014A visit to the Columbia is a trip and peek into the history of the city of Tampa and the bay area in itself. The decor and surroundings say "Ybor City, 1905" and the generations that followed the originals who opened back then have kept true to the great food and experience. The "1905 salad" and sangrias are a must; you won't find it like this anywhere else. And the entrees, from the simplest picadillo to the stuffed grouper, are outstanding. We look for "occasions" to go to the Columbia, and often just end up saying "just because". It's that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tapas and more....MyriamDined on 8/16/2014This is our third time at a Columbia Restaurant, the first visit was in St. Augustine, the other 2 visits in Sandkey. We love the location, the valet service, the view, the interior, the bar-area and most important, the authentic tapas. We celebrated our anniversary and our waiter was Juan. Great service, very professional but above-all, very kind and he took the time to talk to us! Kudos to Juan. Kudos to the restaurant. Meanwhile, we have featured this restaurant in our newsletter (property management and real estate) so other people will enjoy Columbia. We will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 68PEPINUCHO04Dined on 8/15/2014FOOD EXCELLENT SERVICE EXCELLENT AMBIENT EXCELLENT OVERALL EXCELLENTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service ...OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/14/2014This is not Michelin 4-star of dining but truly "tasty" authetic Cuban cuisine with very attentive servers ... Simply a good experience.Special Features:
- Charming and authenticgr8celebrationDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I were visiting Clearwater Beach to celebrate her birthday. I booked a table on line and couldn't have been more pleased. They gave me just what I had asked for and we had a great meal with a spectacular view. The service was perfect and the surprise birthday serenade with dessert made for a very memorable evening. Thanks, we will visit Columbia Restaurant againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014The service received was poor. The waiting staff rushed their dealings with us, did not check in frequently enough, and took over an hour to take our entree order. The food itself was well cooked, but under seasoned and lacked special touches.Special Features:
- Love the food!!LovetheColumbiaDined on 8/10/2014When ever we go on vacation in Florida we look for a Columbia Restaurant. Our whole family loves the Columbia and their food! The atmosphere is great as well -- kid friendly but also great for adult evenings out. Thanks Columbia!Special Features:
- Night at ColumbiaMagooDined on 8/10/2014The view at the restaurant was quite nice. That is the only thing I actually liked about it. The waiter was not very friendly. He tried but he did not seem to interested in us overall. The salad was whittled and the menu was very confusing as each item has a paragraph description about the item and quite honestly it was too much to figure out. The waiter did not have anything to add than just read from the menu. I was quite disappointed. I will likely never go there again.Special Features:
- Great DiningTampa2someDined on 8/10/2014This was our 2nd visit and I have to say it was every bit as good as the 1st time. In addition to the food, which was outstanding, one of the things I enjoy is the several varieties of Sangria that they have. My wife had the cantalonni with shrimp, lobster and crab. Her description is "it was incredible". I had the locally caught grouper, grilled to perfection. The portions are very generous so much so that neither of us had room for dessert. The only downside is the noise level is on the high side probably due to the decor which is predominately tile and wood. Definitely will be doing another visit in the not to distant future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.