Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
649 Front Street
Celebration, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4075661505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Tapas Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ponciano Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-300 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining area to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor dining areas and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Coward 4075661505
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in the Tapas Bar. The Columbia in Downtown Celebration opened in 1997 and is located just minutes from Orlando’s theme parks and overlooks Celebration's picturesque lake. The Columbia is situated within a community with small town charm, offering a variety of designer boutiques and shops, and next door to a movie theater.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our café or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration - Best Restaurants in Celebration ›
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration reviews from OpenTable diners
213 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)fit for foodies (102)neighborhood gem (102)good for groups (87)great for outdoor dining (86)romantic (84)great for lunch (80)scenic view (46)hot spot (45)kid-friendly (37)notable wine list (32)great for brunch (22)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- Best in Orlando if not Florida!ExpensiveTastesVIPDined on 10/27/2014Seriously it is that good. Try the 1905 salad and the snapper in brown gravy. I know it doesn't sound like it should go together but it is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good evening spent @ ColumbiamdunlDined on 10/27/2014Great food, good drinks, fantastic service. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014We had a lovely dining experience, although one of the items we wanted to order was unavailable, the Spanish tortilla. Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- Exceptional Dining Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014Food & service were fabulous! Warm & cozy atmosphere! We love to visit when in Florida! Thx for fantastic Cuban dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodStruzzDined on 10/25/2014I find their signature salad a bit soggy had to wait 20 minutes for a 7:30 open table reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella, Bella, BellaFoodie5Dined on 10/24/2014My favorite restaurant on the planet... The Columbia Restaurant, always my first choice...Special Features:
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014I was 10 minutes late for a business lunch, but the staff made the person aware, seated them, ordered salads, and put together a gift basket for the client. My lateness was overlooked, and we got the deal. Thanks for going above and beyond. I really appreciate the staff saving me from my own mistake. That is what sets the Columbia apart. I over-tipped for this level of service. You need to do the same if you ask for it. The 1905 Salad was awesome, as always. The Cannelloni was excellent as well. Service was spot on. Not to pushy, but attentive and accommodating. The Cafe Con Leche was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMPGFLA2014Dined on 10/22/2014I brought a couple I hadn't seen in 35 years to the Columbia. It was their first time there and we all found the dining experience delightful! The service was great and we had time to catch up without constant interruption. Our Server, Tom, was a joy and made the experience even better, yet! The food was exceptional and the presentation outstanding. We found the prices to be quite reasonable and the Sangria tasty. We were not rushed and had a great time. I, and my friends, would highly recommend the Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old favoriteRebelVIPDined on 10/21/2014This is a long-time Florida restaurant. Many delicious food choices- something for everyone. The 1905 salad is a MUST, which is prepared tableside. We've been to different locations, and have been pleased every time.Special Features:
- A great dining experience!storkDined on 10/20/2014We wanted to treat a friend from out of town to some place unique - and found it. Our friend was very impressed with everything, the service, the decor, restaurant history and of course, the food. Diego and Efrain made us feel special and shared much about the restaurant history, wine choices and food. So many choices, the first time we enjoyed the 1905 salad, everything was delicious! It was a delightful experience!!Special Features:
- CoolioSuttonDined on 10/19/2014Started with some fantastic bread and the house salad made at the table it's all it's made out be!! then had the three Tappas selection Costillitas de Cerdo Habana (ribs) then the Croquetas de Polloall (chicken croquettes) and finally the Cakes dCangrejoe (crab cakes) all very good, each very distinctive could have stopped there but went on with the entree Filet Steak Salteado (tenderloin tips with chorizo and spicy vegtables) excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very good!DrMikeDined on 10/19/2014The things I really like about The Columbia is that the service is excellent, food is very good, from the 1905 salad to the churros for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BETTER THAN BONGOS!!!redi2eetDined on 10/17/2014For the disney bound families, non-families, locals, everyone - PLEASE skip the Downtown Disney action, and make a trip to Celebration. Beautiful shops, scenery, and of course Columbia Restaurant! Family owned and very involved. Great ambience. Fun music. And excellent service (ask for Brittany). My family and I lunched there, and it was one of the best parts of our trip. Everything was fantastic. The food was so mouthwatering, I ordered more food to go. Even the kids had a great time. And where else are you going to find a restaurant that HANDmakes the mojitos at your table?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful like alwaysEliliciousDined on 10/15/2014We went for our anniversary dinner. Our server was Rico and he was super attentive. We never had to ask for refills or anything because he was always one step ahead. The food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suggestionssjm4452Dined on 10/15/2014As an older person it was very hard to read the menu without the aid of a flashlight on a cell phone. The server seemed to rush us even though they were not that busy. The salad dressing put on my 1905 salad was excessive, rendering half the salad too oily to eat. The 3 in my party were seated between larger groups (6 plus) and had a hard time hearing each other. I have been to another Columbia Restaurant and had a much more pleasant time.Special Features:
- Just okaymindeeDined on 10/14/2014Good, safe dining choice - nothing special but overall okay.Special Features:
- Disapointed w/ ServicedkulDined on 10/12/2014We went hear on a recommendation from our hotel. Our waiter (Marcello maybe?) was very un-attentive, came to the table didn't say hi just looked at us waiting for our drink order. I ordered paella with no calamari or clams and he put it in as no seafood so it was just chicken. I had to ask for the remaining shrimp, scallops, mussels (think there was supposed to be sausage too, didn't get it). I ordered a second martini and it had strange sentiment in it and he spilled some on me. Didn't offer to get a fresh one and didn't bring me another napkin. My mom ordered the cannelloni and thought it was just ok, very soupy. He didn't check on us, we had to flag him down everytime we wanted more water, drinks, etc.Special Features:
- Consistently terrific!GeekyGirlDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I love our annual trek to Celebration's Colombia House restaurant. The food is always delicious and the service is outstanding. We especially enjoy the sangria and house salad, both made tableside.Special Features:
- Fabulous first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014We had an out of town guest who loves great dining in great venues...and she loved her experience at Columbia Restaurant. It was our first visit and we chose it based on recommendations of friends. We plan to return often to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsRicanDined on 10/8/2014We met several coworkers and friends attending the Gartner Conference in Disney. We wanted them to enjoy a taste of Florida. What better than the Columbia. The food was awesome. The 1905 Salad did not disappoint. The waiter helped the nonspanish food fans get something off the menu they liked. The restaurant was beautiful. The food was great. The sangria was following and the noise levels allowed us to easily converse. Several persons stated they were bringing their families to the restaraunt the next day.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualwineandfoodloverVIPDined on 10/8/2014Lunch at Columbia is a real treat. Our party of four started by sharing the 1905 salad - by some accounts, the best on the planet. He crab and corn fritters were a delicious starter to share. Black bean soup is to die for. In particular, the beef Salteado is a wonderful dish. In all, this fourth trip to a Columbia restaurant (one in Ybor City, three here in Celebration) was a memorable experience, and one which will bring us back for a fifth the next time we are in Orlando.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Have a business dinner here for 8 people. Sat outside which worked great as we could conduct conversation/business effectively. Food /service was great. Would use them againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHappyMeDined on 10/6/2014The Columbia Restaurant in Celebration is a wonderful place for a special dinner in an area that is is loaded with tourist traps. As soon as we entered the restaurant, it was evident we would have a hood experience. Everyone was so welcoming and the atmosphere was very interesting. The drinks were made to perfection and were quite generous. The food was delicious and pleasantly presented. Our waiter was great. Had a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- celebration at celebationpeteDined on 10/5/2014Food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. The Sangria was sooo good, we had two pitchers of it. This restaurant is predominately Cuban food. But, I think that no matter what your food preferences are ,there is something on the menu that will appeal to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EEEEVIPDined on 10/4/2014Fantastic! We will be back. Everything was great from the fresh fish , the Sangria, the fresh bread through the flan for dessert !Special Features:
- Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We recently took a friend of Cuban decent to the Celebration, FL location for his birthday. We were a party of 7 and my husband and myself were they only ones that had dined there before. We left there very full and super satisfied! I can promise you we will return again very soon when we visit Kissimmee again! Thank you for such a wonderful experience and for making his birthday a night AND dinner to remember!! The rest of the party said they will definitely return again also, they all were very pleased! Thank you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How do you go down so fast!BelgarathVIPDined on 10/1/2014For years Columbia has been one of the great restaurants in the Orlando area. Those days are gone. The 1905 martini is a half a glass but the same price. When requested clod, was brought warm. The salad has changed or the server was not taught properly. The main course was over cooked. So, for the last year, I keep trying to get the old magic back, have decided not to waste my evenings on an establishment that cannot produce a mediocre presentation.
- One of my favorite restaurantsgingy28Dined on 9/29/2014We love Columbia so much that we ate there on a Saturday night for supper and returned on Monday for lunch. Everyone on the staff is so kind. The manager came over to greet us. It's a great place and the food is equally great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great food with good table location. Enjoyed the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingNorCalDanVIPDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had lunch at Columbia two days earlier and had a marvelous experience, so we invited two friends, one of whom is a Cubano, to join us for dinner. our server was inept at best, the bar ran out of the ingredients for a favorite cocktail, and the food was inconsistent - the tapas were nicely done but the signature Snapper Alicante was overlooked and the sauce was pathetic. No management was visible while we were there, let alone did anyone ask how are experience was. No way we can recommend this location.
- I've had better....Mallory28Dined on 9/27/2014Went for my moms bday. Usually the food is good, I've been here about 3 other times and never had a problem. Our waiter I believe left out certain ingredients in the 1905 salad since mine had absolutely no taste and was very oily. It was extremely loud so that made it very unenjoyable. I think the best part of the dinner was when we left.Special Features:
- Padrino's Is Far Superior35thAnniversaryDined on 9/25/2014HORRIBLE! I have gone there since it opened years ago and am totally outraged at the food and especially the beyond horrible service, My money is more important to me. Would definitely think twice before going back and intend on telling others of this Horrible Evening, I sent a reservation ahead of our arrival telling them we were celebrating our anniversary and really expected a special evening to remember, WELL I sure got that. Over a Hundred Dollars of our social security, gone and a truly memorable evening thanks to your staff and horrible cook. Good Rice, YUCK that is what I scrape off the bottom of a pan. Never got my 1905 salad I ordered, the Sangria was far below your usual quality, $20 alone for 2 glasses, I have more to say....
- Truly Disappointed!76BluehenVIPDined on 9/25/2014We chose to go to the Celebration restaurant based on a fairly recent experience at the original restaurant in Tampa which was wonderful. Boy were we sadly mistaken. We were seated quickly and waiter was attentive - went downhill from there. Wife decided to do the 3 part Tapas dinner - Scallops, Calamari and Black Bean cakes. Scallops were so overcooked they were tough. Calamari was cold when arrived and to their credit they did replace. Black Bean cakes were flavorless and boring. I had the Cuban type combo which was good, not great. We were thoroughly disappointed and give the competition and many restaurant choices in the area - we will not be making a return visit.
- Consistently Ouststanding!ChazDined on 9/23/2014Everything about this place is awesome, but I expect nothing less. The food and service is fabtastic. I had the Eggplant for the first time, and I long for another order of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeNoNameVIPDined on 9/22/2014Excellent service by Rico and impeccable food. The 1905 salad was very heavy on the dressing, though!Special Features:
- Best restaurant we have ever eattOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014We have been coming to Columbia since it opened in celebration it is my family's favorite restaurant great for any occasion excellent food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Columbia CelebrationPattiDined on 9/18/2014I have been a fan of this restaurant, and have been to all of their locations. Each offers a slightly different vibe and some minor differences in the preparation of the food. This was a lunch with a friend, and we both ordered our long-time favorite. 1/2 a 1905 Salad and a cup of black bean soup. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. I have the recipes for both these dishes, but they are just not the same when I prepare them. The black bean soup is the best I've had anywhere, and the signature salad is delicious. I normally do not eat iceberg lettuce, but I would recommend this salad to anyone. A hot and crisp Cuban bread is served with each meal. Try this restaurant. You will come backSpecial Features:
- Great welcomeDanlDined on 9/16/2014We forgot our GPS and needed help finding the place. A very courteous hostess took around 20 minutes guiding us in by phone. The waiter was very helpful in explaining some of the preparation and ingredients in some of the menu items. The 1905 salad was wonderful. The empanadas were about average. The Paella was good but not great. Still in all fairness a four out of five. I was most impressed by the tenderness of the calamari. I would go again because most of the items were very intriguing.Special Features:
- Accomodating and PleasantSusieDined on 9/16/2014I met a friend for dinner who I had not seen in a couple of years. Needless to say we were catching up on things more than being attentive to our menus so it took us forever to be ready to order. The waiters were very patient with us, gave us excellent service but didn't make us feel like we were a drain on their evening. With a 6:00 reservation we didn't leave until 11:00. We did make sure we weren't tying up a table that others needed but really appreciate how we were treated while staying so long. Always good Cuban food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I made a reservation over the phone and when I got there I have to wait. For a 5 star restaurant the amount of people waking in was like going to Chili's. No class, I was disappointed on the amount of food for the price!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.