Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
649 Front Street
Celebration, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (407) 566-1505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Tapas Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ponciano Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-300 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining area to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor dining areas and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Coward 4075661505
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in the Tapas Bar. The Columbia in Downtown Celebration opened in 1997 and is located just minutes from Orlando’s theme parks and overlooks Celebration's picturesque lake. The Columbia is situated within a community with small town charm, offering a variety of designer boutiques and shops, and next door to a movie theater.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our café or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration - Best Restaurants in Celebration ›
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (111)neighborhood gem (97)fit for foodies (96)great for outdoor dining (83)good for groups (79)great for lunch (75)romantic (65)hot spot (42)scenic view (37)kid-friendly (35)notable wine list (33)great for brunch (19)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- If Spanish cuisine visitsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/21/2008If Spanish cuisine visits your palate only occasionally, the Columbia represents the genre adequately – gastronomically, it's the equivalent of a midrange chain steakhouse, only the portions are enormous and the service a couple of notches higher. On a Saturday night, the restaurant was very busy but our table for eight was ready within 15 minutes of the reservation and the service was speedy without being hurried. The place was crowded and noisy. Wait staff is knowledgeable and helpful without being solicitous; there were no attempts to up-sell. Price for a midrange, single-malt scotch (Glenfiddich 18) was outrageous but the barkeep was able to create a no-longer-fashionable rum collins satisfactorily without looking it up.
- We hope that we have set anOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/21/2008We hope that we have set an annual Christmas tradition. We had a party of 8 and we made plans to dine at The Columbia before we embarked on a bike tour of Christmas lights around Celebration. Our server, Alex, was very attentive and made sure the kids (9 and 12) felt welcomed. We sampled just about everything on the menu and we quite pleased with every dish. Alex recommended a different sangria and we really enjoyed trying something new. We ate until we could barely get up from the table... finally we worked off a few calories traveling on bikes around Celebration taking in the Christmas decor. We hope to return next year!Special Features:
- The food and the atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2008The food and the atmosphere are very good. A first time visitor will get a true taste of traditional Latin cooking. The service is excellent!Special Features:
- Service was attentive withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/16/2008Service was attentive without being intrusive. The 1905 salad was a must have.
- We love the Columbia chainOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/12/2008We love the Columbia chain and have been to the locations in Ybor City, St Augustine, Palm Beach and Celebration. Honestly, Celebration is our least favorite, perhaps because of the massive tourist influence of the town that Disney built. The food is good, but something lacks at this location that the Ybor and St. Augustine locations have mastered - an ambiance and staff that enable you to linger and savor every last morsel of a fabulous seven-course Spanish/Cuban meal.Special Features:
- We've heard so many wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/7/2008We've heard so many wonderful things about the Tampa location and were excited to try this restaurant. We live in Melbourne Beach and always visit Celebration at Christmas time. This was the first visit to COLUMBIA.....WOW! Just WOW... Our server Alex selected all of our dishes for us, he was right amount his choices, his service was excellent....just a great time.Special Features:
- A local edition of a 100+OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/6/2008A local edition of a 100+ year old tradition, Columbia is a great place for anything from Tapas to a full meal. The Black Bean soup is especially good, but the menu has a selection with multiple dishes that should appeal to anyone.Special Features:
- The food was excilent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/5/2008The food was excilent. The server was very good. I took a first date there and left a good impression.Special Features:
- This is an excellent restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/29/2008This is an excellent restaurant. It has wonderful atmosphere and excellent food. The service was great. I definitely recommend the black bean soup.Special Features:
- Perhaps the worst serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008Perhaps the worst service we have ever received in a restaurant. Server was pleasant but completely inept (wrong items ordered, appetizers missed then brought with the meal, incorrect charges, incorrect info about menu items). Between that and being forced to eat in the bar area, our evening was ruined.
- thanksgiving dinner was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008thanksgiving dinner was terrible and not the quality Columbia usually serves--very disappointed!Special Features:
- We visited the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/27/2008We visited the restaurant on Thanksgiving Day and had a wonderful experience. The food was excellent (everyone had the Turkey dinner special), service exceptional, and the price was very reasonable for the quality of food. We have been there several times before and, as always, enjoyed our visit. We will definitely be back again!Special Features:
- In my several visits, foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008In my several visits, food has always been excellent and the Thanksgiving special is excellent and a good value.
- Most of us had the ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008Most of us had the Thanksgiving dinner special. The food was good--the Columbian stuffing was delicious. The meal included soup or salad and dessert. The pumpkin pie and pumpkin flan were good. Overall, a good price and plenty of food.Special Features:
- The food & the service wereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/27/2008The food & the service were excellent. The price was good. We look forward to returning at some future date. The wine, however, was a little expensive.Special Features:
- The food selection and qualityMingCourtluversVIPDined on 11/27/2008The food selection and quality is wonderful and the opera singers add a lively flair to the ambience! A unique restaurant setting, indeed!Special Features:
- We found this wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2008We found this wonderful restaurant last year when we were down for a golf weekend and loved it - great food, fun location. We met our Orlando friends here the other night - and sitting outdoor we got a glimpse of the launch. Food is great, very comfortable and unrushed. The added bonus is you can stroll around downtown Celebration before or after dinner. We had a great time. Perfect evening.Special Features:
- I thought this restaurantDenisioInKZooDined on 11/7/2008I thought this restaurant was the best of all worlds. Everything was great from the food to the setting to the waitstaff. I would recommend this to anyone. DeniseSpecial Features:
- This was our second visitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/5/2008This was our second visit and we will be back. It's a great choice for a pleasant, tasty dinner.Special Features:
- We've been to 4 of the 7 ColumbiaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2008We've been to 4 of the 7 Columbia Restaurants. They are all fabulous!Special Features:
- Really enjoyed everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2008Really enjoyed everything at this restaurant. It had been suggested by someone who previously lived in Celebration. Went with two friends as we were in Orlando for a convention. We had a car so it was easy to get there, other than streets signs in Celebration were hard to read at night. We all enjoyed everything, hadd Sangria, tapas, main courses and dessert. Service was excellent with a little bit of showmanship. Prices were reasonable compared to restaurants near convention center on Sand Lake Rd. Most people were sitting outside, we sat inside and it was quiet. Would be happy taking a group of 12 or so there. One table was that large and seemed to be having a good time.Special Features:
- David was our server, he wasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/17/2008David was our server, he was very attentive. Best Sangria around - made tableside - BEST 1905 SALAD - made tableside - LEAVES YOU HUNGRY FOR MORE SALAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great steaks and service - thoroughly enjoyed the meal!Special Features:
- This was our first visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2008This was our first visit to the Columbia at Celebration. We made an early evening reservation and had no wait for a table. The staff were excellent, attentive but not obtrusive. We asked to be moved to another table when a family with a very young unhappy child was seated next to us. The hostess handled it smoothly and without comment. The food was wonderful and we will be back.Special Features:
- Other than the problem thatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/13/2008Other than the problem that they could not find our booking and then I got a no show mail from you we had a very good meal and were looked after very very well the service was also very good (Its a problem that you cant make booking if there are more than six guests.) Malcolm MacnaughtonSpecial Features:
- Good, not great, Cuban food.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2008Good, not great, Cuban food. I remember it being much better at the Tampa Ybor location. The service was personal and the ambiance was enjoyable. I still recommend the Paella.
- My husband and I went thereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2008My husband and I went there for the first time to celebrate our birhtdays/wedding anniversary. I made a special note when I made the online reservation and they did not even recognized it. For the money we paid, we did not get any special attention nor was the food that great. I might go back to try something differnet but not anytime soon.
- Provided an excellent atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2008Provided an excellent atmosphere, service and meal for my wife's birthday.Special Features:
- While our party had a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/3/2008While our party had a nice time, I think we caught the chef on a bad day. Our appetizers were excellent, the specialty breads were great, but the signature salad had WAY too much dressing - however it was tossed at the table, so that was on our waiter. My (cuban-breaded) fish dish, was over-cooked and several in our party commented that they "Had had better food here before"Special Features:
- The food was amazing and tryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2008The food was amazing and try the 1905 salad..awesome. Service was good and the restaurant was not loud at all. Definatly going back!Special Features:
- great cook...great manager!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2008great cook...great manager! Best Columbia we've been to..........
- Absolutely loved ColumbiaOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/30/2008Absolutely loved Columbia !! Bought the cookbook ! Can't wait to try some of the other locations.Special Features:
- nice people work here andgadflyVIPDined on 8/16/2008nice people work here and own it. good food for the bucks.Special Features:
- Elegant. Service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2008Elegant. Service and food exceptional. An instant favorite.Special Features:
- I've been to all the ColumbiaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/11/2008I've been to all the Columbia Restaurants and they're always great. I love having one relatively close by (45 minutes) in Celebration.Special Features:
- The only thing that wasn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/5/2008The only thing that wasn't good was the dessert. I had the Brazo Giano Cien Anos. The meringue was terrible and was melting off the cake when they brought it to the table to flambee it. I'm a baker and meringue should be soft in texture but firm enough to hold it's shape. This didn't. I wouldn't order that again. Other than that, the rest was good.Special Features:
- The cavernous dining roomDarcinikolVIPDined on 8/3/2008The cavernous dining room is well designed to accommodate large groups while still providing an intimate feeling for smaller parties. The decor is gorgeous & perfectly sets the stage for your meal. The sangria is the best I've had and an excellent value. Unlike many restaurants, the fruit is properly used to enhance the concoction, not greatly limit the amount of beverage served. The menu is expansive and everything from tapas to dessert is fresh and perfectly created. Many table side preparation options enhance the excellent service provided by knowledgeable, professional and friendly servers. While we didn't sit outside, I certainly look forward to doing so one evening. We were quite impressed & will return many times in the future.Special Features:
- There was 5 in our group,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2008There was 5 in our group, 4 adults and 1 child. Filet was overcooked, no vegetables served with the meal as indicated on the menu. Palomillia was overcooked and very dry. Service was good. Salad had to much dressing on it.Special Features:
- Like the other parts of thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2008Like the other parts of this small chain, the Columbia in Celebration is very good. It features a number of iconic signature dishes, incluind its 1905 Salad, which still is delicious.Special Features:
- The food was delicious withOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2008The food was delicious with flavorful combinations. From the soup to the dessert it was all wonderful. The service exemplary. We returned for lunch on the 22nd and had the same experience. We would highly recommend this great restaurant!Special Features:
- Colombia was very good. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/18/2008Colombia was very good. It was my wedding anniversary and I had an exceptional time. The service was great and that food was amazing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features: