Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
649 Front Street
Celebration, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4075661505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Tapas Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ponciano Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-300 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining area to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor dining areas and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Coward 4075661505
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in the Tapas Bar. The Columbia in Downtown Celebration opened in 1997 and is located just minutes from Orlando’s theme parks and overlooks Celebration's picturesque lake. The Columbia is situated within a community with small town charm, offering a variety of designer boutiques and shops, and next door to a movie theater.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our café or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration reviews from OpenTable diners
233 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)neighborhood gem (104)fit for foodies (98)great for outdoor dining (87)romantic (82)good for groups (82)great for lunch (80)scenic view (50)hot spot (35)kid-friendly (34)great for brunch (31)notable wine list (25)late-night find (20)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014I specifically chose this restaurant for my birthday celebration because it is my idea of the perfect special occasion place. It's fun, good food, good service and my favorite place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not always how you remember itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/27/2014My family and I go to Columbia frequently. I have always loved the food, menu, ambiance, staff, and views. This most recent time the food was warm, not cold but from from fresh out the oven. I was sad because I love the food and always hate myself for finishing the food and not taking any home for later. This last time I didn't even eat the leftovers. My kids love this place and they loved their food. My husband tried something new (which is very out of the ordinary for him) and he liked it. I will go back again in hopes it was a fluke.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014Best part is the 1905 salad!!! Entrees are very good but I can make a meal with just the salad ;)sangria is a very refreshing addition to the meal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just coffee at ColumbiaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014One can always find something at the Columbia Restaurant. Whether it is light fare or something more involved, the flavor is to savor! The appetizers we chose were scallops and the empanadas. Sangria can't be beat! Our group then chose everything from pompano in parchment, pork, steak and the combination plate. Can you say leftovers as we needed room for the dessert. Flan and chocolate with a nice espresso or coffee can't be beat. From arriving to check out, the staff is gracious and warm. It was a two hour dinner full of fun and sharing stories. Amazing...no cell phones needed at this dinner table. So, leave the phone at home and grab the family...young and old.Special Features:
- Good Spanish FoodjayeDined on 8/23/2014We always try to get here at least once when we come to Florida. Unique menu items. Also beer offerings are different. Service is excellent and food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mystery DateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I like to do mystery dates with each other, so I took him on a mystery date to the Columbia. This is one of our favorite restaurants and we had been to every one of them except this one. Everything about the dinner was outstanding as always. The food was delicious and high quality, the atmosphere is lively, and the wait staff is attentive. We will, of course, visit the Columbia again. Thanks for making date night so special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteWebberwarriorVIPDined on 8/23/2014If you want Latin food this is the place. It has a great selection of Spanish themed food. There is some very good Cuban choices As well I as others. The Sangria is awesome and the service is great too.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014This is a great Cuban restaurant in a fine quaint town. The food is superb - the steak awesome. Sangria was very authentic as well . We would love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty as always!LauraVIPDined on 8/21/2014Met with a few friends for lunch and as always Columbia delivered a great meal! The 1905 Salad was delicious! Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Hope it's better next time!LindaWDined on 8/17/2014We've been twice for dinner in the last week. The first time was brilliant - good service, food etc. The second time not so good. We took friends on Sunday 17th. We were seated at 7.20pm, ordered our food & drinks and had to ask where our meal was at 8.35pm! We were sitting in the rear of the restaurant and when everyone, except us, left the staff moved all the tables and set them for breakfast and it was only 9pm. We were so disappointed after highly recommending it to our friends.
- Service great, food okayD4STDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I went here for our 35th wedding anniversary. The ambience is very good. I ordered the 1905 salad, which was good but not drop dead. I also had a glass of sangria which was watered down from the ice. For entrees I ordered the filet flambé, and my wife the crab stuffed shrimp. The steak was cooked perfectly but the sauce had a strong alcoholic bourbon taste - so much I avoided it. My wife did not enjoy the shrimp because she thought the shrimp did not taste or smell right. I tasted them and they weren't as flavorful as true Gulf shrimp. For dessert we split the white chocolate bread pudding, which was outstanding. Service was outstanding. Overall, a nice restaurant. The meal was not a homerun, especially for a $100+.Special Features:
- Pedestrian Fare, Nice LocationnofoofoofoodieDined on 8/16/2014Lunched here five years ago which was a far better experience than our recent dinner. Maybe the more cost-effective lunch was more palatable than the relatively expensive dinner. The appetizers were bland and my husband's paella was greasy and gummy and not very flavorful. My crab cakes tasted fishy and overly salty. The scallops tasted just ok. I was very disappointed because I brought my husband here because he was unable to make it last time. We still enjoyed the evening because of the quaint town of Celebration, good weather, nice location/atmosphere & the great ice cream nearby at Kilwins.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesGladToHelpDined on 8/15/2014Columbia is a fantastic restaurant which we have enjoyed for years. Certainly for their outstanding menu and superb service, along side a pleasant ambiance. We shared our first date there, many lunches, and 6 years later we celebrated our wedding anniversary dinner. It is perfect for all occasions. Highly recommend you experience and make this place a tradition to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never changesAubbieVIPDined on 8/12/2014The Columbia Restaurant always serves a decent Cuban experience meal. We will eat there when visiting the area for a quick lunch and it has always been fine. Portions are large and the menu is extensive.Special Features:
- Poor Service and ManagementGeryDined on 8/10/2014We went to this restaurant for a special occasion and we had specified in the reservation that we were celebrating a birthday. Tables around us received the usual congratulations from the staff with a song but we never did. Our service was very slow although we were very quick to order both drinks and food. We never received the glass for the beer that we asked for. 2 waiters started sweeping the flow with 2 brooms spreading the dirt and dust from the floor all throughout our plates as we were eating. We also had a sleeping baby with us. UNACCEPTABLE. Since we couldn't eat the dusty food we asked for the check. The waiter started clearing the table instead. We had to ask him to bring us the check and clean later. We left very disappointed.
- Very nice eveningJackyDined on 8/10/2014We've eaten here before and have never been disappointed. This time, since the restaurant was very busy, our waiter forgot to bring an appetizer to the table that we were going to share before dinner. We waited ages for our dinner and had no appetizer to pick at. When we reminded him, he did bring it, but it was not as good (hot) as usual and it came after our main courses had arrived. We will go back. Everyone's entitled to an off night, right?Special Features:
- One of the besthungrynfunnyDined on 8/5/2014We love Columbia. We've been to the original and two of the others. This one has a charm all it's own within the setting of the community of Celebration. The food is outstanding as it has been at all of the locations we've experienced. The interior was beautiful and we had a perfect view of the beautiful paintings and decor. We ordered the famous 1905 salad and tapas and were not disappointed in the food and presentation. It was a Tuesday evening but there will still quite a buzz of people. Everything about this dining experience was outstanding, except our service. Our waiter was nice enough, but not very attentive, almost shy. We had to request things once or twice or he didn't come by for long periods of time. A little disappointing.Special Features:
- liv2travelDined on 8/5/2014Never fails to deliver great food. 1905 salad with turkey my all time favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entree = ave. bread pudding:excellJBonColumbiaDined on 8/3/2014service is outstanding. grilled mahi was very good. Rest of entree was nothing special. Get the bread pudding; it was the best thing we had. It is A huge portion that easily serves two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WONDERFUL!travelbugDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy our trips to The Columbia Restaurants. We are Canadians so whenever we visit Florida we try to get to one of their locations. The one in Celebration is special because of the location and outdoor patio. We always have their Sangria and 1905 salad. This time my husband had the Bambino steak which was huge and cooked perfectly. Our waiters were excellent. I also purchased Sangria mix to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014We have eaten here 4 times. Real authentic Cuban often with a twist. Deserts are awesome. Tapas all flavorful and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inviting atmosphereKandLDined on 8/1/2014Beautiful and inviting atmosphere, delicious food and great service. Have been going to the Celebration location for years and plan to continue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Restaurant....Foodie5Dined on 8/1/2014The only spot in Central Florida that I care to eat.. And I am not even latin... It is perfect in every way shape and form...Special Features:
- SpecialBellaDined on 8/1/2014Nothing but positive comments. The only thing that I would change, would be NOT to place the menus on top of plates or silverware. The menu touches many hands and carry many germs.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in a while.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We're here from Ohio and it was my son's birthday. Our server was excellent; we all loved our meals and think very highly of this establishment.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!Cockie44Dined on 7/29/2014The food here is fabulous! Portions are large, you don't leave hungry! Last time we split a bunch of tapas. This time we split their 1905 Salad and Paella. We took home half the paella. Don't get filled up on the wonderful Cuban bread they bring out to you and save room for dessert! We split the white chocolate bread pudding (to die for!), and the dessert special, plantain upside down cake. The service was very good. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. What is really nice about this restaurant is the location, close to the theme parks but hidden away from the crowds!Special Features:
- Best In CelebrationdrhdhomeVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food is superb. The service is fantastic. Well worth it.Special Features:
- Columbia at CelebrationScrapmanDined on 7/26/2014Alway fantastic food and service. We visit every year when we are in Orlando, and the consistency from visit to visit is outstanding. This visit had a special component - I left behind a knapsack containing over $10k in valuables (I know, I know) and returned to find it safely locked in the office. Can't ask for more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a findJerseygreig76Dined on 7/24/2014One of the best meals we have ever had. The specials are special and not just the usual fair you find at chain restaurants. We have now been 3 times and each time they surprise me with the quality and the brilliant menu. The service was excellent, great location in Celebration and the food is fresh and beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ehhh?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The food was really good the soups and the 1905 salad were all great. We were recommended to try them from a friend of ours. But, our server was not good in any way. He left us for extended periods of time without waters and his attitude was not even close to friendly or happy to be doing his job. Next time we'll just make the salad at home and enjoy the company we have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealOrmondGatorDined on 7/22/2014I frequent this restaurant with my wife and kids whenever we visit the area. Very kid-friendly. Always a good meal and great service.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!RegularcustomerDined on 7/20/2014Whenever family or friends visit from up north, the Columbia House is a must for dinner. Particularly like the service and the food. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spanish HeavenWinerNdinerDined on 7/19/2014The Columbia Restutant in Celebration is an excellent choice for a romantic night of food and fun! Nestled in Celebration's neighborhood, stepping inside the resturaunt takes you to back the Spanish "old world" (but not quite as far back as the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City). The food is excellent and the portions are generous - actually enough to share. The home made sangria is delicious as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceDiningTravelerDined on 7/17/2014I was returning to Orlando and had a few friends that I wanted to see for dinner. After a great prior experience at Columbia, I knew this was where I wanted to take them and have a nice dinner that was a great time for us to catch up and have a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below average foodMickyDined on 7/17/2014The menu looks promising but when it came out it was just ok. I've been to other Spanish restaurants and this one is a miss.Special Features:
- EmilyDined on 7/16/2014I came in for my birthday and had a wonderful time! The staff was very helpful and welcoming. Our waitress was very patient, as we had a few late arrivals to our reservation. Overall, a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timebigfischDined on 7/15/2014A buddy and I in town for a conference were looking for a place to eat away from the hotel. I wanted him to experience something uniquely Florida and this was the perfect place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014We have been to all of the Columbia restaurants in Florida. This one is very nice. We had an enjoyable dinner with our family & would return when in the Kissimmee area.Special Features:
- Not the original but..GromanDined on 7/13/2014We have always dined at the original restaurant in Ybor City or in St. Augustine and have thoroughly enjoyed those meals and experiences. This was not very different. The food was very good and the service was good as well. The quality of food was above par and our only complaint, if you want to consider it a complaint, was the amount of food was just too much. This is a common problem in restaurants these days and I know they feel that their prices dictate the overage, but that is just not true. Too much goes to waste, especially when the crowd can be mostly tourists who will not be taking food home with them as leftovers. We simply love the food here and will be back and will be sharing an entrée next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestDanfromohioDined on 7/12/2014One of the best restaurants in America. The Paella Campesina is a tremendous mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.