Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
649 Front Street
Celebration, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (407) 566-1505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Tapas Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ponciano Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-300 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining area to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor dining areas and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Coward 4075661505
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in the Tapas Bar. The Columbia in Downtown Celebration opened in 1997 and is located just minutes from Orlando’s theme parks and overlooks Celebration's picturesque lake. The Columbia is situated within a community with small town charm, offering a variety of designer boutiques and shops, and next door to a movie theater.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our café or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration - Best Restaurants in Celebration ›
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (112)fit for foodies (96)neighborhood gem (96)great for outdoor dining (81)good for groups (78)great for lunch (73)romantic (67)hot spot (42)scenic view (36)kid-friendly (33)notable wine list (32)great for brunch (17)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (10)Show More
- A GemPdpalmeiroDined on 11/23/2014No matter which location I go to, The Columbia lives up to my memories! They have truly authentic and delicious Spanish and Cuban food. While the original location in Ybor City is still my favorite because it's beautiful architecture and history add to the ambiance, every other location I've visited has had the same amazing food and great service. You can't get this kind of cuisine practically anywhere so treat yourself. I highly recommend the 1905 salad and the white sangria, both made table side....and the Cuban bread....yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DiningFoodCriticDined on 11/8/2014Great food!, BEST Mojito in town!!!!! The 1905 salad is a must!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was good.st5758Dined on 11/8/2014It was not as good as Columbia in Ybor City (a favorite) A bit Pricey. Dinner for 5 with only three cocktails came to almost $200.without the tip. The service was excellant. The food average. A Mango cocktail for $9 should definitely have had some alcohol in it. Perhaps it was just forgotten?
- Spanish Experience Extraordinairestubear53Dined on 11/7/2014The second time visiting Columbia was as memorable as the first. This location in Celebration, Fl has all of the ambiance as the other locations in a neighborhood venue. The food is awesome, the portions are huge, and the service is impeccable. For a memorable experience no better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rushedpadsterDined on 11/6/2014the restaurant was nice and had a pleasant vibe to it. The waitress was very attentive and not to overpowering. The food was nothing special, I could have cooked better at home. There was not enough space between courses, each course was on top of each other. The experience was nice enough but I would be in no rush to go back.Special Features:
- Columbia is SuperbALA50VIPDined on 11/6/2014We always visit Colombia Restaurant whenever we travel to Orlando and are never disappointed. The food is always fantastic as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great getaway from the parksAnimalVIPDined on 11/5/2014The gazpacho is wonderful, especially on a warm day. The 1905 salad is a meal. My wife order a small and I ordered a regular size. The small would have been enough. The crab croquets were were okay, not the best but okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best !OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/4/2014There just isn't enough time and space to write all the good things about the Columbia. They have dined at several of their locations over the years and in Celebration many times. It is easy to understand how they have been around for over 100 years. And not just been around, but excelled. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dessert Everreview4uDined on 11/2/2014The Bread Pudding and white chocolate sauce are amazing. I had not had it in a while and my last experiences were good. I took my family and it was their 1st time. I ordered the signature Paella for 4. It was disappointing. Way too salty. I also didn't appreciate the server's attitude. There was a mix-up in the soup. Rather than just fixing it and bringing us the right soup... he gave me lip about it 1st. The dessert however...that thing is amazing. Only reason for 3 stars. It saved the day. Overall... for spending $175 for 4 people and having salty paella and attitude from a server... I didn't enjoy my experience as well as hoped. We will however, return for the dessert. It is that amazing. We'll be back. Unfortunately, we will spend less.Special Features:
- Let DownDine4everoutDined on 10/31/2014We love Columbia restaurant but this time it was not up to it's 5 star standards. Food was OK for 3 of our party but veal was tasteless, dry and blah. Service was extremely slow but our waiter was kind and professional. I'm not sure if the lack of service and food not being up to it's usual standards was due to it being Halloween night? It was not crowded in the restaurant so that could not have been the problem. Noise was louder than usual but that's because we were entertained by all the great costumes that came through. We'll be back and I'm sure it will be back to it's 5 star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodQueenieDined on 10/29/2014We visit Columbia each time we are in the area. You can count on good food and good service. There is an extensive menu with something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Orlando if not Florida!ExpensiveTastesVIPDined on 10/27/2014Seriously it is that good. Try the 1905 salad and the snapper in brown gravy. I know it doesn't sound like it should go together but it is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good evening spent @ ColumbiamdunlDined on 10/27/2014Great food, good drinks, fantastic service. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experienceHappytravelersDined on 10/26/2014We had a lovely dining experience, although one of the items we wanted to order was unavailable, the Spanish tortilla. Everything was delicious!Special Features:
- wonderful ExperienceScubaMikeDined on 10/26/2014The atmosphere is warm and inviting. It was romantic and fun. The food was amazing. We both decided to order thing we wouldn't normally eat and loved it all. You have to order the salad! Will definitely be back next time we are in Florida!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Dining Experience!PaulasTapasDined on 10/25/2014Food & service were fabulous! Warm & cozy atmosphere! We love to visit when in Florida! Thx for fantastic Cuban dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodStruzzDined on 10/25/2014I find their signature salad a bit soggy had to wait 20 minutes for a 7:30 open table reservationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bella, Bella, BellaFoodie5Dined on 10/24/2014My favorite restaurant on the planet... The Columbia Restaurant, always my first choice...Special Features:
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014I was 10 minutes late for a business lunch, but the staff made the person aware, seated them, ordered salads, and put together a gift basket for the client. My lateness was overlooked, and we got the deal. Thanks for going above and beyond. I really appreciate the staff saving me from my own mistake. That is what sets the Columbia apart. I over-tipped for this level of service. You need to do the same if you ask for it. The 1905 Salad was awesome, as always. The Cannelloni was excellent as well. Service was spot on. Not to pushy, but attentive and accommodating. The Cafe Con Leche was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceMPGFLA2014Dined on 10/22/2014I brought a couple I hadn't seen in 35 years to the Columbia. It was their first time there and we all found the dining experience delightful! The service was great and we had time to catch up without constant interruption. Our Server, Tom, was a joy and made the experience even better, yet! The food was exceptional and the presentation outstanding. We found the prices to be quite reasonable and the Sangria tasty. We were not rushed and had a great time. I, and my friends, would highly recommend the Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a place to visitIMHODined on 10/21/2014To learn the history behind this restaurant is worth the visit! I ordered the paella and it was amazing! I met friends that were in town there and everyone thoroughly enjoyed their dinner! I would highly recommend it to anyone that would like a taste of Spain! I am not a wine drinker but the wine list was quite extensive! Take your time to read the menu as it walks you through their history! And a gift shop to pick up a unique gift! Located in the beautiful downtown area of Celebration, FL~!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old favoriteRebelVIPDined on 10/21/2014This is a long-time Florida restaurant. Many delicious food choices- something for everyone. The 1905 salad is a MUST, which is prepared tableside. We've been to different locations, and have been pleased every time.Special Features:
- A great dining experience!storkDined on 10/20/2014We wanted to treat a friend from out of town to some place unique - and found it. Our friend was very impressed with everything, the service, the decor, restaurant history and of course, the food. Diego and Efrain made us feel special and shared much about the restaurant history, wine choices and food. So many choices, the first time we enjoyed the 1905 salad, everything was delicious! It was a delightful experience!!Special Features:
- CoolioSuttonDined on 10/19/2014Started with some fantastic bread and the house salad made at the table it's all it's made out be!! then had the three Tappas selection Costillitas de Cerdo Habana (ribs) then the Croquetas de Polloall (chicken croquettes) and finally the Cakes dCangrejoe (crab cakes) all very good, each very distinctive could have stopped there but went on with the entree Filet Steak Salteado (tenderloin tips with chorizo and spicy vegtables) excellent!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently very good!DrMikeDined on 10/19/2014The things I really like about The Columbia is that the service is excellent, food is very good, from the 1905 salad to the churros for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BETTER THAN BONGOS!!!redi2eetDined on 10/17/2014For the disney bound families, non-families, locals, everyone - PLEASE skip the Downtown Disney action, and make a trip to Celebration. Beautiful shops, scenery, and of course Columbia Restaurant! Family owned and very involved. Great ambience. Fun music. And excellent service (ask for Brittany). My family and I lunched there, and it was one of the best parts of our trip. Everything was fantastic. The food was so mouthwatering, I ordered more food to go. Even the kids had a great time. And where else are you going to find a restaurant that HANDmakes the mojitos at your table?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful like alwaysEliliciousDined on 10/15/2014We went for our anniversary dinner. Our server was Rico and he was super attentive. We never had to ask for refills or anything because he was always one step ahead. The food was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- suggestionssjm4452Dined on 10/15/2014As an older person it was very hard to read the menu without the aid of a flashlight on a cell phone. The server seemed to rush us even though they were not that busy. The salad dressing put on my 1905 salad was excessive, rendering half the salad too oily to eat. The 3 in my party were seated between larger groups (6 plus) and had a hard time hearing each other. I have been to another Columbia Restaurant and had a much more pleasant time.Special Features:
- Just okaymindeeDined on 10/14/2014Good, safe dining choice - nothing special but overall okay.Special Features:
- Disapointed w/ ServicedkulDined on 10/12/2014We went hear on a recommendation from our hotel. Our waiter (Marcello maybe?) was very un-attentive, came to the table didn't say hi just looked at us waiting for our drink order. I ordered paella with no calamari or clams and he put it in as no seafood so it was just chicken. I had to ask for the remaining shrimp, scallops, mussels (think there was supposed to be sausage too, didn't get it). I ordered a second martini and it had strange sentiment in it and he spilled some on me. Didn't offer to get a fresh one and didn't bring me another napkin. My mom ordered the cannelloni and thought it was just ok, very soupy. He didn't check on us, we had to flag him down everytime we wanted more water, drinks, etc.Special Features:
- Consistently terrific!GeekyGirlDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I love our annual trek to Celebration's Colombia House restaurant. The food is always delicious and the service is outstanding. We especially enjoy the sangria and house salad, both made tableside.Special Features:
- Fabulous first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014We had an out of town guest who loves great dining in great venues...and she loved her experience at Columbia Restaurant. It was our first visit and we chose it based on recommendations of friends. We plan to return often to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with friendsRicanDined on 10/8/2014We met several coworkers and friends attending the Gartner Conference in Disney. We wanted them to enjoy a taste of Florida. What better than the Columbia. The food was awesome. The 1905 Salad did not disappoint. The waiter helped the nonspanish food fans get something off the menu they liked. The restaurant was beautiful. The food was great. The sangria was following and the noise levels allowed us to easily converse. Several persons stated they were bringing their families to the restaraunt the next day.Special Features:
- Excellent, as usualwineandfoodloverVIPDined on 10/8/2014Lunch at Columbia is a real treat. Our party of four started by sharing the 1905 salad - by some accounts, the best on the planet. He crab and corn fritters were a delicious starter to share. Black bean soup is to die for. In particular, the beef Salteado is a wonderful dish. In all, this fourth trip to a Columbia restaurant (one in Ybor City, three here in Celebration) was a memorable experience, and one which will bring us back for a fifth the next time we are in Orlando.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014Have a business dinner here for 8 people. Sat outside which worked great as we could conduct conversation/business effectively. Food /service was great. Would use them againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findHappyMeDined on 10/6/2014The Columbia Restaurant in Celebration is a wonderful place for a special dinner in an area that is is loaded with tourist traps. As soon as we entered the restaurant, it was evident we would have a hood experience. Everyone was so welcoming and the atmosphere was very interesting. The drinks were made to perfection and were quite generous. The food was delicious and pleasantly presented. Our waiter was great. Had a lovely dinner.Special Features:
- WebberwarriorVIPDined on 10/5/2014The fresh made salad that is made at your table is fantastic. The food is always awesome. When you are in Orlando or Tampa the Columbia is a must.Special Features:
- celebration at celebationpeteDined on 10/5/2014Food was fantastic and the service was impeccable. The Sangria was sooo good, we had two pitchers of it. This restaurant is predominately Cuban food. But, I think that no matter what your food preferences are ,there is something on the menu that will appeal to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EEEEVIPDined on 10/4/2014Fantastic! We will be back. Everything was great from the fresh fish , the Sangria, the fresh bread through the flan for dessert !Special Features:
- Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We recently took a friend of Cuban decent to the Celebration, FL location for his birthday. We were a party of 7 and my husband and myself were they only ones that had dined there before. We left there very full and super satisfied! I can promise you we will return again very soon when we visit Kissimmee again! Thank you for such a wonderful experience and for making his birthday a night AND dinner to remember!! The rest of the party said they will definitely return again also, they all were very pleased! Thank you again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.