Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
649 Front Street
Celebration, FL 34747Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.columbiarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4075661505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Tapas Bar: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Cuban
- Executive Chef: Ponciano Garcia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From groups of 10-300 we offer an outdoor courtyard and indoor private dining area to host your birthday or anniversary party, office party, rehearsal dinner or wedding reception. Choose from our banquet menu or let us customize your menu for that special occasion. Our Mediterranean-style dining rooms are surrounded by outdoor dining areas and hundreds of hand-painted Spanish tiles and family heirlooms, specially selected to create an old-world charm and ambiance that lend an atmosphere of warmth and elegance to any gathering.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Coward 4075661505
- Entertainment: Live Music Friday and Saturday nights from 8:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. in the Tapas Bar. The Columbia in Downtown Celebration opened in 1997 and is located just minutes from Orlando’s theme parks and overlooks Celebration's picturesque lake. The Columbia is situated within a community with small town charm, offering a variety of designer boutiques and shops, and next door to a movie theater.
- Special Events: Although online reservations may not be available, we are still taking reservations through the restaurant.
A word from Columbia Restaurant - Celebration
Family-owned and operated for over 100 years, Columbia has earned acclaim for its old-world charm and award-winning Spanish/Cuban cuisine and wine list. Join us for century-old family recipes like Paella "a la Valenciana," Filet Mignon "Columbia," and fresh seafood specialties. Don’t miss Columbia’s Original “1905” Salad®, prepared tableside with our delicious, freshly-made dressing, a 100-year-old family recipe of fresh garlic, oregano, wine vinegar and Spanish extra virgin olive oil. Be sure to sample a fine Spanish wine like Torres, Montecillo or Campillo. Relax outdoors in our café or courtyard, or inside our Tapas Bar or Mediterranean-style dining rooms filled with hand-painted tiles and family heirlooms. We are a sister to the Columbia in Tampa's Ybor City, founded in 1905. Children's menu available. Open 365-days a year, including all holidays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Columbia Restaurant - Celebration reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (130)neighborhood gem (101)fit for foodies (97)good for groups (83)great for outdoor dining (81)romantic (81)great for lunch (76)scenic view (51)kid-friendly (39)hot spot (36)great for brunch (26)notable wine list (22)late-night find (16)vibrant bar scene (5)Show More
- Columbia CelebrationPattiDined on 9/18/2014I have been a fan of this restaurant, and have been to all of their locations. Each offers a slightly different vibe and some minor differences in the preparation of the food. This was a lunch with a friend, and we both ordered our long-time favorite. 1/2 a 1905 Salad and a cup of black bean soup. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. I have the recipes for both these dishes, but they are just not the same when I prepare them. The black bean soup is the best I've had anywhere, and the signature salad is delicious. I normally do not eat iceberg lettuce, but I would recommend this salad to anyone. A hot and crisp Cuban bread is served with each meal. Try this restaurant. You will come backSpecial Features:
- Great welcomeDanlDined on 9/16/2014We forgot our GPS and needed help finding the place. A very courteous hostess took around 20 minutes guiding us in by phone. The waiter was very helpful in explaining some of the preparation and ingredients in some of the menu items. The 1905 salad was wonderful. The empanadas were about average. The Paella was good but not great. Still in all fairness a four out of five. I was most impressed by the tenderness of the calamari. I would go again because most of the items were very intriguing.Special Features:
- Accomodating and PleasantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014I met a friend for dinner who I had not seen in a couple of years. Needless to say we were catching up on things more than being attentive to our menus so it took us forever to be ready to order. The waiters were very patient with us, gave us excellent service but didn't make us feel like we were a drain on their evening. With a 6:00 reservation we didn't leave until 11:00. We did make sure we weren't tying up a table that others needed but really appreciate how we were treated while staying so long. Always good Cuban food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014I made a reservation over the phone and when I got there I have to wait. For a 5 star restaurant the amount of people waking in was like going to Chili's. No class, I was disappointed on the amount of food for the price!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!luv2eatDined on 9/13/2014Enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Columbia Restaurant. Everything was delicious. From the time we entered until we left, the experience was enjoyable. We would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this locationLuckyNVIPDined on 9/9/2014This Columbia is by far my favorite location. Every time we visit Orlando this place is a must go.Special Features:
- 1905 SaladYisthisVIPDined on 9/7/2014The simple 1905 Salad is always good and always what I order after making the mistake of trying the other salad. My husband always orders something new and while it is usually okay, the snapper this time, it tends to be a bit on the bland, overcooked, and smaller portion side.
- Great Food & AtmosphereIggyDined on 9/5/2014If you are visiting Disney and want a non-theme park atmosphere and great Old Florida / Cuban-Spanish cuisine, the Columbia is the perfect spot.Special Features:
- Second time at different location.fun4twoDined on 9/4/2014This was second time dinning at the family owned chain of Columbia restaurants. Always the same great food and service. Great home style Cuban and Spanish food. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Great time on a date or with the family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration winnerCRS1VIPDined on 8/31/2014First visit to this family owned restaurant. The wait staff and service were terrific. The food was very good. The 1905 Salad lived up to its reputation and the Cuban sandwich was tasty. This is a great place to bring out of town guests, since the ambiance is terrific.Special Features:
- NPinkDined on 8/31/2014My husband and I were already big fans of Columbia, so I took my 2 best friends from the midwest for Sunday brunch and they said it was their favorite place I took them during their 5 day stay with me in Windermere. We had great drinks and shared several great tasting small plates and, of course, the 1905 salad. They liked it so much the next day they googled the dressing recipe & we did our best to replicate it. They left saying the 1905 salad has been added to their reccipe books, but know it will never be the same as made table side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebration ColumbiaProfessoreDined on 8/30/2014What a nice find in Celebration. Family owned since 1905 and the food is still excellent. We want to return just to try everything. Don't miss the wonderful Cuban bread.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!CerodadoDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, very good service! Very good decoration, ambiance...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeMeDined on 8/27/2014I specifically chose this restaurant for my birthday celebration because it is my idea of the perfect special occasion place. It's fun, good food, good service and my favorite place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not always how you remember itEBAlvarezDined on 8/27/2014My family and I go to Columbia frequently. I have always loved the food, menu, ambiance, staff, and views. This most recent time the food was warm, not cold but from from fresh out the oven. I was sad because I love the food and always hate myself for finishing the food and not taking any home for later. This last time I didn't even eat the leftovers. My kids love this place and they loved their food. My husband tried something new (which is very out of the ordinary for him) and he liked it. I will go back again in hopes it was a fluke.Special Features:
- YumLuv2flybyDined on 8/26/2014Best part is the 1905 salad!!! Entrees are very good but I can make a meal with just the salad ;)sangria is a very refreshing addition to the meal too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just coffee at ColumbiaFoodieFindsDined on 8/24/2014One can always find something at the Columbia Restaurant. Whether it is light fare or something more involved, the flavor is to savor! The appetizers we chose were scallops and the empanadas. Sangria can't be beat! Our group then chose everything from pompano in parchment, pork, steak and the combination plate. Can you say leftovers as we needed room for the dessert. Flan and chocolate with a nice espresso or coffee can't be beat. From arriving to check out, the staff is gracious and warm. It was a two hour dinner full of fun and sharing stories. Amazing...no cell phones needed at this dinner table. So, leave the phone at home and grab the family...young and old.Special Features:
- Good Spanish FoodjayeDined on 8/23/2014We always try to get here at least once when we come to Florida. Unique menu items. Also beer offerings are different. Service is excellent and food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mystery DateRapunzelDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I like to do mystery dates with each other, so I took him on a mystery date to the Columbia. This is one of our favorite restaurants and we had been to every one of them except this one. Everything about the dinner was outstanding as always. The food was delicious and high quality, the atmosphere is lively, and the wait staff is attentive. We will, of course, visit the Columbia again. Thanks for making date night so special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My FavoriteWebberwarriorVIPDined on 8/23/2014If you want Latin food this is the place. It has a great selection of Spanish themed food. There is some very good Cuban choices As well I as others. The Sangria is awesome and the service is great too.Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014This is a great Cuban restaurant in a fine quaint town. The food is superb - the steak awesome. Sangria was very authentic as well . We would love to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty as always!LauraVIPDined on 8/21/2014Met with a few friends for lunch and as always Columbia delivered a great meal! The 1905 Salad was delicious! Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Hope it's better next time!LindaWDined on 8/17/2014We've been twice for dinner in the last week. The first time was brilliant - good service, food etc. The second time not so good. We took friends on Sunday 17th. We were seated at 7.20pm, ordered our food & drinks and had to ask where our meal was at 8.35pm! We were sitting in the rear of the restaurant and when everyone, except us, left the staff moved all the tables and set them for breakfast and it was only 9pm. We were so disappointed after highly recommending it to our friends.
- Service great, food okayD4STDined on 8/17/2014My wife and I went here for our 35th wedding anniversary. The ambience is very good. I ordered the 1905 salad, which was good but not drop dead. I also had a glass of sangria which was watered down from the ice. For entrees I ordered the filet flambé, and my wife the crab stuffed shrimp. The steak was cooked perfectly but the sauce had a strong alcoholic bourbon taste - so much I avoided it. My wife did not enjoy the shrimp because she thought the shrimp did not taste or smell right. I tasted them and they weren't as flavorful as true Gulf shrimp. For dessert we split the white chocolate bread pudding, which was outstanding. Service was outstanding. Overall, a nice restaurant. The meal was not a homerun, especially for a $100+.Special Features:
- Pedestrian Fare, Nice LocationnofoofoofoodieVIPDined on 8/16/2014Lunched here five years ago which was a far better experience than our recent dinner. Maybe the more cost-effective lunch was more palatable than the relatively expensive dinner. The appetizers were bland and my husband's paella was greasy and gummy and not very flavorful. My crab cakes tasted fishy and overly salty. The scallops tasted just ok. I was very disappointed because I brought my husband here because he was unable to make it last time. We still enjoyed the evening because of the quaint town of Celebration, good weather, nice location/atmosphere & the great ice cream nearby at Kilwins.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesGladToHelpDined on 8/15/2014Columbia is a fantastic restaurant which we have enjoyed for years. Certainly for their outstanding menu and superb service, along side a pleasant ambiance. We shared our first date there, many lunches, and 6 years later we celebrated our wedding anniversary dinner. It is perfect for all occasions. Highly recommend you experience and make this place a tradition to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never changesAubbieVIPDined on 8/12/2014The Columbia Restaurant always serves a decent Cuban experience meal. We will eat there when visiting the area for a quick lunch and it has always been fine. Portions are large and the menu is extensive.Special Features:
- Poor Service and ManagementGeryDined on 8/10/2014We went to this restaurant for a special occasion and we had specified in the reservation that we were celebrating a birthday. Tables around us received the usual congratulations from the staff with a song but we never did. Our service was very slow although we were very quick to order both drinks and food. We never received the glass for the beer that we asked for. 2 waiters started sweeping the flow with 2 brooms spreading the dirt and dust from the floor all throughout our plates as we were eating. We also had a sleeping baby with us. UNACCEPTABLE. Since we couldn't eat the dusty food we asked for the check. The waiter started clearing the table instead. We had to ask him to bring us the check and clean later. We left very disappointed.
- Very nice eveningJackyDined on 8/10/2014We've eaten here before and have never been disappointed. This time, since the restaurant was very busy, our waiter forgot to bring an appetizer to the table that we were going to share before dinner. We waited ages for our dinner and had no appetizer to pick at. When we reminded him, he did bring it, but it was not as good (hot) as usual and it came after our main courses had arrived. We will go back. Everyone's entitled to an off night, right?Special Features:
- One of the besthungrynfunnyDined on 8/5/2014We love Columbia. We've been to the original and two of the others. This one has a charm all it's own within the setting of the community of Celebration. The food is outstanding as it has been at all of the locations we've experienced. The interior was beautiful and we had a perfect view of the beautiful paintings and decor. We ordered the famous 1905 salad and tapas and were not disappointed in the food and presentation. It was a Tuesday evening but there will still quite a buzz of people. Everything about this dining experience was outstanding, except our service. Our waiter was nice enough, but not very attentive, almost shy. We had to request things once or twice or he didn't come by for long periods of time. A little disappointing.Special Features:
- liv2travelDined on 8/5/2014Never fails to deliver great food. 1905 salad with turkey my all time favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entree = ave. bread pudding:excellJBonColumbiaDined on 8/3/2014service is outstanding. grilled mahi was very good. Rest of entree was nothing special. Get the bread pudding; it was the best thing we had. It is A huge portion that easily serves two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WONDERFUL!travelbugDined on 8/2/2014We always enjoy our trips to The Columbia Restaurants. We are Canadians so whenever we visit Florida we try to get to one of their locations. The one in Celebration is special because of the location and outdoor patio. We always have their Sangria and 1905 salad. This time my husband had the Bambino steak which was huge and cooked perfectly. Our waiters were excellent. I also purchased Sangria mix to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great start to finishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014We have eaten here 4 times. Real authentic Cuban often with a twist. Deserts are awesome. Tapas all flavorful and filling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inviting atmosphereKandLDined on 8/1/2014Beautiful and inviting atmosphere, delicious food and great service. Have been going to the Celebration location for years and plan to continue!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Restaurant....Foodie5Dined on 8/1/2014The only spot in Central Florida that I care to eat.. And I am not even latin... It is perfect in every way shape and form...Special Features:
- SpecialBellaDined on 8/1/2014Nothing but positive comments. The only thing that I would change, would be NOT to place the menus on top of plates or silverware. The menu touches many hands and carry many germs.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in a while.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014We're here from Ohio and it was my son's birthday. Our server was excellent; we all loved our meals and think very highly of this establishment.Special Features:
- Always fabulous!Cockie44Dined on 7/29/2014The food here is fabulous! Portions are large, you don't leave hungry! Last time we split a bunch of tapas. This time we split their 1905 Salad and Paella. We took home half the paella. Don't get filled up on the wonderful Cuban bread they bring out to you and save room for dessert! We split the white chocolate bread pudding (to die for!), and the dessert special, plantain upside down cake. The service was very good. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. What is really nice about this restaurant is the location, close to the theme parks but hidden away from the crowds!Special Features:
- Best In CelebrationdrhdhomeVIPDined on 7/27/2014The food is superb. The service is fantastic. Well worth it.Special Features: